Which football league do you fancy as the best in the world?

Which football league do you fancy as the best in the world?

• Bundes Liga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ligue 1

• Saudi Pro League

• MLS

• Any other league

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
There are plethora of football leagues around the world. But the European football leagues are in the zone of their own.

English Premier League (EPL), Spanish La Liga and Italian Serie A are some of the major leagues of Europe while Ligue 1 and Bundes Liga are just treated as "farmers leagues".

With the CR7's arrival in Saudi Arabia, The Roshan Saudi Pro League has received a new life and has attracted big names like Firminio, Neymar, Benzema, Mane etc from around the world. At the same time some argue that the North American football has been inspired with a new life with Lionel Messi's arrival.

So in your opinion, which league is the best in the world and what makes you feel good about them?

For me its Serie A rather than popular opinion regarding EPL. Since Ronaldo and Abrahimovic's arrival things are going pretty fine and the best part is their YouTube channel with three minutes highlights for every match.

Definitely the EPL, Serie A is nowhere near it and definitely surpassed La Liga. It is the most competitive helped by the TV riches.

I think the racism issues in these other leagues like Serie A and La Liga downplay its quality. Not saying England is immune but nowhere near as bad.

This is a bit of a open questions as depends on definition of best?

Best over quality?

Most technical?

Most competitive?

Most exciting?

As their can be answers for each one

Inter Millan have ran away with league in Italy, Leverkusen in Germany and Real in Spain. Whereas you have three teams fighting it out for EPL title. EPL has been a lot more exciting and competitive than elsewhere.

Inter Millan have ran away with league in Italy, Leverkusen in Germany and Real in Spain. Whereas you have three teams fighting it out for EPL title. EPL has been a lot more exciting and competitive than elsewhere.
May be i am wrong but i found Serie A matches to be more intense.

May be i am wrong but i found Serie A matches to be more intense.
At the end of the day, its whichever league you enjoy watching the most, if Serie A floats your boat more than EPL, then you'll like that better. I watch the Scottish Premiership sometimes which is pretty low quality.

But because of the money, EPL has the better teams and better players overall than S.A. Look at last season's CL for example, Man City romped it against Inter.

In fact when was the last time an Italian team won the CL?

Outside of the top 3 in PL this season, rest of league has been woeful. Also look at how poorly PL teams have been in Europe this season.

At the end of the day, its whichever league you enjoy watching the most, if Serie A floats your boat more than EPL, then you'll like that better. I watch the Scottish Premiership sometimes which is pretty low quality.

But because of the money, EPL has the better teams and better players overall than S.A. Look at last season's CL for example, Man City romped it against Inter.

In fact when was the last time an Italian team won the CL?
Inter Milan 09-10

Serie A hasn't dominated the CL for ages. Probably between early 90s and 07 they were dominant. Back then Serie A had most money and vast majority of best players.

Outside of the top 3 in PL this season, rest of league has been woeful. Also look at how poorly PL teams have been in Europe this season.
Aye, but overall, they've been pretty good over the last few seasons, I think first time for a while no English side has made it to the semis for either CL or Europa.

Inter Milan 09-10

Serie A hasn't dominated the CL for ages. Probably between early 90s and 07 they were dominant. Back then Serie A had most money and vast majority of best players.
I enjoyed watching Serie A on Ch 4 back in the day. Gelatoooooooooooooooo (or something like that 🙂)

Inter Milan 09-10

Ronaldo brazilian, Seedrof, Maldini, Kaka, Figo, Zidane, Thierry Henry, Del piero, Robberto Baggio on and on....

Ronaldo brazilian, Seedrof, Maldini, Kaka, Figo, Zidane, Thierry Henry, Del piero, Robberto Baggio on and on....
If you look back at the 90s when serie A was televised on channel 4 in UK, in particular the level of strikers at almost every Italian club was insane back then.

You look at football in general now and world class strikers are a rare breed now

Aye, but overall, they've been pretty good over the last few seasons, I think first time for a while no English side has made it to the semis for either CL or Europa.

We still in the ‘semis’ mate 😅

Has to be the Premier League.

The other leagues are pretty much a 2 way race every season, with the EPL, it is just unpredictable. One minute its in the bag with Arsenal, and the next, Man City come out of nowhere. Had shockers too with Blackburn and Leicester City winning.

Has to be the Premier League.

The other leagues are pretty much a 2 way race every season, with the EPL, it is just unpredictable. One minute its in the bag with Arsenal, and the next, Man City come out of nowhere. Had shockers too with Blackburn and Leicester City winning.
You forgot liverpools 1 title to 🤭

Mats Hummels after every Bundesliga team progressed in Europe this week 👨‍🌾😅FB_IMG_1713609590741.jpg

Aye and good luck to them, but its a new league, just pointing out no English teams in the semis in the others for some time.

Yes mate, I was joking about my English club still being there lol It would be mental if we managed to win it, nothing to show since 1982 in Europe 😭 we may have been there in the 90’s if they had the top 4 rule then, it’s been a long dry spell

I am looking at it from results

What I am seeing, given none of the English Clubs, barring one have made it in UCL that English Premier league seems to be pretty mediocre - especially given the hype around the English Premier League

What I am seeing, given none of the English Clubs, barring one have made it in UCL that English Premier league seems to be pretty mediocre - especially given the hype around the English Premier League
Exactly, in a lot of cases their is no excuses for how the English teams have gone out in Europe and also the teams they have gone out to.

I like La Liga for its amazing football quality and talented players. The matches are always exciting to watch, and the league never disappoints.

Yes mate, I was joking about my English club still being there lol It would be mental if we managed to win it, nothing to show since 1982 in Europe 😭 we may have been there in the 90’s if they had the top 4 rule then, it’s been a long dry spell
If West Ham can do it, Villa can also nae bother.

Its just one season, luck of the draw paired some of the toughest fixtures but English clubs have been largely dominant over the seasons fuelled by the TV money and oil sheikhs.

I like La Liga for its amazing football quality and talented players. The matches are always exciting to watch, and the league never disappoints.
Its got racism problems, treatment of Vini jr is disgraceful.

For excitement and competitiveness the Championship is a brilliant league. A graveyard of ex Premier League clubs all desperate to go up. It's a brilliant watch and the playoffs are especially crazy

Bundesliga has different kind of feel , top notch stadiums sophisticated fans and eye catching kits with exciting football

I would say English Premier League as for me it is the most competitive league at the moment.

Atlanta's victory in Europa League has proved that Serie A is better than Bundes Liga. And of EPL they are still go but will lose its worth over time with the exit of big managers and owners like Abramovich etc

Football is entertainment. No league comes close to the premier league , the history , stadiums, physical , high tempo , crowd songs , best managers & overall the best players .

Back