Which side will be the ultimate winner in the UCL Quarter Final between Arsenal and Bayern Munich?

Which side will be the ultimate winner in the UCL Quarter Final between Arsenal and Bayern Munich?

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Arsenal vs Bayern Munich: Champions League QF team news, line-ups and predictions

For four years (between 2012 and 2016), Arteta and Serge Gnabry — now of Bayern Munich — were team-mates at Arsenal.

Speaking ahead of today's game, the Germany winger had big praise for the Spaniard.

"He’s now fully absorbed in his role as coach and thinks very strategically," said Gnabry. "In my time, he was already an experienced player. He was the captain, a leader who spoke to everyone and communicated a lot.

"He was very helpful to us as young players back then. He built us up, always gave us good tips, always tried to guide us so that we stayed focused and gave everything."

Mikel Arteta praised as ‘leader’ by ex-Arsenal teammate Serge Gnabry: ‘He built us up’

Mikel Arteta praised as ‘leader’ by ex-Arsenal teammate Serge Gnabry: ‘He built us up’

By and large, the identities of the eight quarter-finalists were entirely predictable.

The Champions League should be the best club competition in the world because of its drama, as well as the sides involved. Without a surprise presence in the last eight, is that just what has happened?

The big teams have still emerged on top. That is by design, not coincidence. See it for what it is: the Champions League is not as far away from a Super League as it might think.

It would be Thucel vs Arteta. Arsenal should win the first leg on their home turf but I expect Bayern to win.

Arteta should be happy that it's not Bayern of 2020. Who defeated Tottenham by 7-2 and Chelsea by 7-1 on aggregate. Otherwise they would have given the same beating to Arsenal too.

In terms of form Arsenal should go through but Bayern have an advantage of 2nd leg at home . Arsenal don’t travel well in Europe so id pick Bayern by a goal .

Arsenal. Tuchel has been a disaster at Bayern, and to top it all off, the Signing of Dier as the center back is a disaster waiting to happen. This guy is actually worse than Maguire.

Arsenal 1- 2 Bayern Munich. Good from Bavarians 40’ minutes.

If Harry Kane had pace …

very influential tonight , has really calmed his team & given them much needed confidence.

Arsenal know one mistake near the back , goal against is very probable.

Bayern happy to sit back & counter , Arsenal need to either score from a set piece or somehow bring Bayern out .

Tough 2nd leg, Arsenal will have to defend a lot better then tonight. Also improve on a woeful away record in CL as well.

Tough 2nd leg, Arsenal will have to defend a lot better then tonight. Also improve on a woeful away record in CL as well.
TBH, I would appreciate Arsenal, Bayern were good but not on the 2020 level with high defensive line or else they would have cause an havoc. Still remember vividly how they mauled barca that season.

‘Shameless’ Arsenal fans slammed for singing ‘Liverpool song’ during Bayern Munich clash

Arsenal will travel to the Allianz Arena next Wednesday with the scores level in their Champions League tie against Bayern Munich after an entertaining 2-2 draw at the Emirates Stadium.

However, Mikel Arteta might feel this was a missed opportunity with Bayern fans not allowed in at the Arsenal stadium while the 60,000-ground was full of Gooners.

They made for a fine atmosphere but one moment got under Cundy's skin after Arsenal fans starting singing 'Allez, Allez, Allez' in the second half.

When asked by Jamie O'Hara on talkSPORT what he thought about the atmosphere, Cundy said: "Can I ask Arsenal fans? They are singing 'Allez, Allez, Allez'?

"The Liverpool Champions League song? It is shameless! They have got no shame!

"Liverpool won the Champions League and they are signing a Liverpool song? I mean come on, Gooners. You must have your own song.

"Allez, Allez, Allez? Halfway through the game? And you're not even in the lead at that stage!

"And you are singing a Liverpool song when they won the Champions League! Shameless. They are shameless."

While the original chant goes back many years, Liverpool fans popularised it at the 2018 Champions League final in Kyiv.

The Reds went on to lose the final to Real Madrid but the chant stuck around, being continually sung by Liverpool supporters throughout their escapades around Europe.

It became their anthem for the following season's Champions League run where they went all the way, beating Tottenham in the final.

Arsenal, meanwhile, have never won the Champions League, though they did reach the final in 2006 where they lost to Barcelona.

This season, some Gunners fans might believe they have a chance to finally lift the trophy amid a brilliant campaign where they currently sit at the top of the Premier League.

Their first leg against Bayern ended 2-2 with Bukayo Saka scoring the opener only for two former north Londoners in Serge Gnabry and Harry Kane to put the visitors ahead.

Leandro Trossard netted a late equaliser after coming on from the bench but there was controversy when Saka thought he was fouled in the box in the fifth minute of stoppage time by Manuel Neuer.

Both have bottled the leagues but who will emerge as the biggest bottler tonight? Predict your scores

Mine Bayern 3-1 Arsenal

Tonight's game needs to be treated as a one off cup final. There are no away goals, nor do Arsenal have to chase and force the game early on.

Arsenal should just let Bayern have the ball, do not press Bayern in their own half, nor play a stupid high line.

Arsenal need to be solid like they were at Eithad, limit Bayer passing Channels into the forwards. Arsensl need to play on counter attack, problem is martinelli, Jesus, havertz are so poor clinically that If they did play on counter would they take their chances.

If Arsenal get hammered tonight I can see them then dropping points at wolves. So Arsenal can't be timid tonight.

If Arsenal do fold like a pack of cards again I'm sure the clubs PR team will but another dog and call it "trophy" or something else stupid. This is how this club with weak mentality operates.

Tonight's game needs to be treated as a one off cup final. There are no away goals, nor do Arsenal have to chase and force the game early on.

Arsenal should just let Bayern have the ball, do not press Bayern in their own half, nor play a stupid high line.

Arsenal need to be solid like they were at Eithad, limit Bayer passing Channels into the forwards. Arsensl need to play on counter attack, problem is martinelli, Jesus, havertz are so poor clinically that If they did play on counter would they take their chances.

If Arsenal get hammered tonight I can see them then dropping points at wolves. So Arsenal can't be timid tonight.

If Arsenal do fold like a pack of cards again I'm sure the clubs PR team will but another dog and call it "trophy" or something else stupid. This is how this club with weak mentality operates.

Arsenal are still in it but yes I agree they need to stay calm & organised . These matches are played with high intensity , the more you run extra when out of position , the more energy is zapped. Bayern have had an extra day rest & will use the crowd for energy. But Bayern are slow staters , no harm pressing them early to create some chances , an early lead will be huge for Arsenal as it will open up Bayern.

Ultimately whichever manger applies the best tactics & which teams players really want it , will go through.

Arsenal are still in it but yes I agree they need to stay calm & organised . These matches are played with high intensity , the more you run extra when out of position , the more energy is zapped. Bayern have had an extra day rest & will use the crowd for energy. But Bayern are slow staters , no harm pressing them early to create some chances , an early lead will be huge for Arsenal as it will open up Bayern.

Ultimately whichever manger applies the best tactics & which teams players really want it , will go through.
Score prediction?

Sane & Musiala v Arsenals left side is key battle imo , they have the pace to walk past arsenals midfield but rice & Jorginho hold their positions , they can counter . Big game for Tomiyaso too

Arsenal creating chances

Boy we’ve improved since we used to get wiped the floor with at the Allianz

Actually think Arsenal have a better shot at champions league now than premier league looking at the fixtures. Might as well put everything into champions league especially if Man City go out, if they can win this game.

Actually think Arsenal have a better shot at champions league now than premier league looking at the fixtures. Might as well put everything into champions league especially if Man City go out, if they can win this game.
Still a long way to go even if they win today

Bayern playing the counter attack game at home . They realise Arsenal is a little clueless breaking them down , while they have pace & genuine goalscorers .

2nd half is energy & mental game . Draw & Bayern win look most likely results , Arsenal need some creativity & inspiration .

Good defensive performance so far, just need to be better in final 3rd at other end though

We saw a glimpse of his talent. Odegaard was choking in the final third during that first half.
Jude Bellingham class for Real Madrid too. He set up the goal for them. We need that level of player

Bayern playing the counter attack game at home . They realise Arsenal is a little clueless breaking them down , while they have pace & genuine goalscorers .

2nd half is energy & mental game . Draw & Bayern win look most likely results , Arsenal need some creativity & inspiration .
Arsenal playing well, don't give Bayern any space in behind. If Arsenal sneak a 1-0 then so be it, win by any means necessary.

Jude Bellingham class for Real Madrid too. He set up the goal for them. We need that level of player

People make out that Odegaard is in the same top tier as him, Musiala and Foden (who can also play CAM), but he isn't.

Even injury prone Maddison, who's played for relegated Leicester, has done more than Odegaard has ever since the Norweigan joined Arsenal from Real Madrid.

Does Tomiyasu have to play LB? Any chance of Martinelli pushing back in LWB and Trossard moving to LW?

We can’t afford Zichenko to mess this up

Does Tomiyasu have to play LB? Any chance of Martinelli pushing back in LWB and Trossard moving to LW?

We can’t afford Zichenko to mess this up
If trossard comes on he needs to place false number 9. Dont need a make shift LWB

Arsensl giving ball away to easily now, bit like 2nd half in game vs man city. Need to cause bayern some problems going forward. Can't just be one way traffic here

Arsenal's lack of quality in the final third was going to hurt them. Bayern haven't been as threatening but they need loads of chances because of their superior technical proficiency.

Bayern lead 1-0 poor defending to allow cross and the header 🤦‍♂️

Jorginho and Rice getting dominated in midfield. Partey still on bench.

No subs yet from Arteta, just usual clueless look on his face on sidelines

🤦‍♂️

Just can’t see where this goal is going to come from for Arsenal

Saka and Odegaard hardly in the game

Jorginho and Rice getting dominated in midfield. Partey still on bench.

No subs yet from Arteta, just usual clueless look on his face on sidelines

🤦‍♂️

Trossard & partey need to come on now , hanging on now at Arsenal. One goal in it still .

Just can’t see where this goal is going to come from for Arsenal

Saka and Odegaard hardly in the game
This is where havertz and Jesus need to prove the blind faith Arteta shows in both

Did you see that finish from Gabriel? This is our CF?

Think if Kane played for any other team but spurs he’d have been wearing an Arsenal shirt right now instead of Bayern’s. I actually think Arsenal would have gone all out.

It’s just so difficult to get or identify quality like that upfront. Gabriel wasn’t exactly cheap but is nowhere in the same league as guys like Kane or Haaland.

Jesus is trash 🗑

He needs to go in summer, along with Zinchenko, nketitah, Vieira, Nelson and Arteta

I'm sure Arteta fans boys will be rolling out excuses

But but wait till next season when he signs a striker...

But but il wait to see what transfer club do in summer...

I think either City or RM whoever wins today will be the UCL title holder this year.

What a dead performance in front of goal

Typical Arsenal just passing the ball around and zero penetration

That was absolute gash from Arsenal, why not have a go? Munich aren't world beaters.

Fair result in the end , Bayern looked more dangerous. Arsenal need an elite striker , not just goals but hold up & assists .

Wolves will be physical, Arsenal need to get to bed now .

Better team won. UCL experience came through.

Tie was lost at Emirates.

Argue amongst yourselves. Peace out. ✌️

Amazing performance from havertz, I can see why Arteta spent 65M on him

Arteta showed why he's best young manager in world tonight

👏👏👏

Bravo on tonight's 💩show

Terrible second half. Season is over baring a miracle.

Saka flat track bully he was awful. Arsenal paper tigers in Europe. Time for the April melt down

This made me chuckle. Maybe he referring to Zinchenko.

Best post match analysis I've seen.

That's what I thought this was going to be about when I started reading it :ROFLMAO:

Tonight's 2nd half performance was impotent and gutless as the 2nd half vs villa.

People can get their light bulbs out and do bhangra in their underpants all they want over "progress" and so called "competing"

4 seasons now without a single cup final appearance

This team and club has a weak mentality under pressure and ultimately are bottle jobs and that stems from the manager.

All this rubbish about removing toxic players and improving culture..

The culture at club is one of cowardice and failure

Back