Why doesn't Afghanistan Cricket Board choose Pakistan for home series?

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
I don't get why Afghanistan's cricket team doesn't play their home games in Pakistan. I mean, think about it, millions of Afghans already live in Pakistan, so it's like having a home crowd away from home. They would get so much support from their own people.

And let's be practical, playing in Pakistan would save the Afghanistan Cricket Board a ton of money on transportation and accommodation costs. They could use that money to invest in their team and improve their game.

Pakistan has some of the best cricket stadiums and facilities in the world. Playing in these conditions would help the Afghan team up their game and compete with the best.

And have you thought about the revenue? Hosting home series in Pakistan would mean more ticket sales, sponsorships, and broadcasting rights, a big win for the Afghanistan Cricket Board.

But here's the thing, many Afghan cricketers started their cricket journey in Pakistan. They played in Pakistan Super League, trained in Pakistan domestic circuit and learned from Pakistani coaches. The conditions in Pakistan are familiar to them, and that's a huge advantage.

I mean look what happened in Greater Noida, their one-off Test against New Zealand got washed out for three consecutive days due to a wet outfield.That's just frustrating for the team and the fans. They deserve better.

They can't afford the presidential security and I don't think Pakistani locals will appreciate the upheaval of security and lockdowns near stadiums for a match that has nothing to do with them
That's the reality of the situation.

Pakistan is barely a financially viable venue for the PCB currently never mind a neutral board.

I don't get why Afghanistan's cricket team doesn't play their home games in Pakistan. I mean, think about it, millions of Afghans already live in Pakistan, so it's like having a home crowd away from home. They would get so much support from their own people.

And let's be practical, playing in Pakistan would save the Afghanistan Cricket Board a ton of money on transportation and accommodation costs. They could use that money to invest in their team and improve their game.

Pakistan has some of the best cricket stadiums and facilities in the world. Playing in these conditions would help the Afghan team up their game and compete with the best.

And have you thought about the revenue? Hosting home series in Pakistan would mean more ticket sales, sponsorships, and broadcasting rights, a big win for the Afghanistan Cricket Board.

But here's the thing, many Afghan cricketers started their cricket journey in Pakistan. They played in Pakistan Super League, trained in Pakistan domestic circuit and learned from Pakistani coaches. The conditions in Pakistan are familiar to them, and that's a huge advantage.

I mean look what happened in Greater Noida, their one-off Test against New Zealand got washed out for three consecutive days due to a wet outfield.That's just frustrating for the team and the fans. They deserve better.
Afghanistan is better off in UAE making uae their home turf.

Their spin fortress is perfect for them to develop their spinners

Yeah, good question thread.
When it comes to bagging someone else for all thats wrong with the game, development of the game, even spread to other nations etc -India and BCCI take top spot of every such list ever invented... every 2nd bhaijaan here jumps up and down as if ants were in their pants about this.
How many tests have pak, SL, BD et all played against Afg, IRE? How many odi series have you guys arranged in your own backyard?
How about some self introspection?
that said i wish the BCCI moneyguzzling cement heads had put up a better show and used their gadzillions in having a better outfield and drying/drainage facilities in the greater Noida Afg- NZ Test....

Afghanistan does not like Pakistan so this thing is not gonna happen. Maybe they can use UAE as their home again if they can afford it.

Yeah, good question thread.
When it comes to bagging someone else for all thats wrong with the game, development of the game, even spread to other nations etc -India and BCCI take top spot of every such list ever invented... every 2nd bhaijaan here jumps up and down as if ants were in their pants about this.
How many tests have pak, SL, BD et all played against Afg, IRE? How many odi series have you guys arranged in your own backyard?
How about some self introspection?
that said i wish the BCCI moneyguzzling cement heads had put up a better show and used their gadzillions in having a better outfield and drying/drainage facilities in the greater Noida Afg- NZ Test....

Why will BCCI spend their money on a private stadium that they have banned?

Afghanistan does not like Pakistan so this thing is not gonna happen. Maybe they can use UAE as their home again if they can afford it.

Already talks on between ACB and BCCI to use BCCI owned or operated stadiums in future. Just like they did in the past.

This couldn’t be further from the truth unless you are living in the future.

Is there a test scheduled between Afg and Pak in the near future, it would be a blockbuster series

Is there a test scheduled between Afg and Pak in the near future, it would be a blockbuster series

Afghans are not that great in Test. They are much better in LOI formats.

But, it could be a good contest because Afghans bring their A game against Pakistan.

Afghans are not that great in Test. They are much better in LOI formats.

But, it could be a good contest because Afghans bring their A game against Pakistan.

Every lallu panju side is bringing their A game against Pakistan these days brother. They might actually do it in the Tests as well.

Maybe this will open doors for Afghanistan to consider Pakistan as their home ground, allowing millions of Afghans living in Pakistan to enjoy home series and watch their heroes play live.

Isn't Pakistan facing issues with poor condition of stadium and fixing it? Once fixed , they can be a good choice given many Afghan refugees live in Pakistan. More crowd can come to watch Afghani games if venue is Pakistan.

But, who will cover the cost of providing armed forces/security in Pakistan? No team is going to tour Pakistan without extra security.

If I recall correctly then Afghanistan played some cricket in India , where did they play those matches?

Matches do get called off due to heavy rain and nothing new about it. Having said that Afghan gets to play very few tests so venue should have been some dryer place and not somewhere with rainy season.

Sure....LOL :ROFLMAO:

The Afghans suffered with betrayal which is the worst of the sins , from the Pakistani neighbours hence there is resentment.

PCB could possibly try arranging a mini-4-way test series Sri/Ban/Afg themselves could they not ?

I'd love to see this happen.

Imagine Afghanistan winning a test match in Pakistan when the home team themselves haven't won a single test in the last 3 years. :ROFLMAO:

They can play in Peshawar, the stadium is ready and it’s easy for them to get there although I believe some of the Afghan players already live in Pakistan or have Pakistani identity cards.

Imagine Afghanistan winning a test match in Pakistan when the home team themselves haven't won a single test in the last 3 years. :ROFLMAO:

Who will play for the high cost of security?

They can play in Peshawar, the stadium is ready and it’s easy for them to get there although I believe some of the Afghan players already live in Pakistan or have Pakistani identity cards.

When was the last time pakistan team played in Peshawar?

Yes it's better to laugh at an imaginary scenario that acknowledge the real debacle Infront of your eyes :ROFLMAO:

Bro - I get it you want Afg to play in Pak but your hyperbole here is so over the top. Even bcci with its financial clout and the richest board cannot boast of the best stadiums in the world. That credit goes to Aus and Eng cricket stadiums.

Afghanistan will never choose Pakistan and we all know the reason for that.

Yes it's better to laugh at an imaginary scenario that acknowledge the real debacle Infront of your eyes :ROFLMAO:

Ahh yes Pakistan not winning 10 consecutive tests at home is certainly not a debacle but wet outfield in an Indian stadium is. :ROFLMAO:

Back