Why is Malik batting above U.Akmal | Are Pakistan trying to destroy U.Akmal?

prepare

Tape Ball Captain
Runs
As im about to write this S.Malik just got out first ball. Basically why is Malik batting above U.Akmal? Surely if they think Malik is the better batsmen then he should of started the series in the team instead of U.Akmal. Instead he replaces Abdul Razzak in the team and goes straight above U.Akmal. I can't work this out especially since Malik has looked awful since his comeback. He is going in trying to survive and not score runs. At the same time we just keep pushing U.Akmal down the order and expect him to come in either early under immense pressure or late on and score quickly from the start.

My second point about U.Akmal is what are the management doing? He was dropped from the test match as he gives his wicket away and needs to learn to play a long innings. You would think then he would be given a chance to play some 4 day first class games. NO! He is picked for hong kong sixes and then batting at 5/6 for Pakistan! How is he suppose to play learn to play long innings in 6 over games or batting at 5/6 in 50 over games?

What do you guys think about this? Just I find it puzzling!

Yes would a player be dropped for not playing long innings/ throwing his wicket away in tests and then be picked for hong kong sixers instead of first class cricket anywhere else but Pakistan?

its doesn't matter in which position you are batting as an international player you need to perform in every posiotion

Umer needs to bat up the order...............

Should bat between Younus and Misbah at 4. Rather than having two tuk tuk batsman playing togther and slowing the run rate down, you will now have an aggressive player and Attacking batsman playing togther thus giving a better balance and also maintaining a good run rate.....

When Umer came on to bat he made Misbah rotate the strike more and the run rate improved....

Umer needs to bat up the order...............

Should bat between Younus and Misbah at 4. Rather than having two tuk tuk batsman playing togther and slowing the run rate down, you will now have an aggressive player and Attacking batsman playing togther thus giving a better balance and also maintaining a good run rate.....

When Umer came on to bat he made Misbah rotate the strike more and the run rate improved....
Thought he should, but not so sure now. He's got a far better record at six, and seems to like batting there. Averages 43 there at a strike rate of 90. Got his only century at that position. Perhaps him most important ODI innings to date, and he did it at six. Compared to 36 at 5, and 21 at 4. If he's doing well at six, should we change him? He finished a game at six today. Maybe he can turn into our finisher on a permanent basis.

So don't think umar's career is necessarily being destroyed at six. He is after all performing there. Much better than Malik did at six.

the bigger question is why are they making him keep

moronic

Thought he should, but not so sure now. He's got a far better record at six, and seems to like batting there. Averages 43 there at a strike rate of 90. Got his only century at that position. Perhaps him most important ODI innings to date, and he did it at six. Compared to 36 at 5, and 21 at 4. If he's doing well at six, should we change him? He finished a game at six today. Maybe he can turn into our finisher on a permanent basis.

So don't think umar's career is necessarily being destroyed at six. He is after all performing there. Much better than Malik did at six.

In one of his interview he stated he would like to bat at 4........I think him batting up the order will really help our run rate.......

But yeah he has batted well at 6 though I think when he made his 90 he batted at 5.....I think batting at 5 or 4 will be better with Hammad coming in at 6.....

He would have gained alot of confidence from the way he batted today....:)

In one of his interview he stated he would like to bat at 4........I think him batting up the order will really help our run rate.......

But yeah he has batted well at 6 though I think when he made his 90 he batted at 5.....I think batting at 5 or 4 will be better with Hammad coming in at 6.....

He would have gained alot of confidence from the way he batted today....:)
that's why maybe we should stick with him at six now he's got confidence. If he already knows he's got a formidable record at six, averaging over 43, and now with the extra confidence booster of finishing a game, maybe he'll be more confident and happier batting at six. We've struggled for a long time for a batsman to bat at six, Malik was crap, Razzaq's now on the wane so not much use, Fawad was deemed unsuitable and Hammad had a shot but is now out. So maybe it's better for umar to bat at six. He may have made a 90 at five but it was a lost cause (which judging by his reaction, he felt guilty about and is probably a game he'd like to forget), but he's made a century at six.

The reason why I honestly wanted him to bat up the order, is because I didn't think he had the temperament to finish games. Needed to be in the middle of experienced guys in order to feel confident. But now he's gone and done the job at six, maybe sticking with him and showing faith in him at six is a good thing now.

As regarding the run rate, umar boosts the run rate at six too. Don't think it's the issue of him playing lower down. In fact he scores faster at six anyway. Main problem are the guys above him. Farhat/Asad, YK, Misbah all bat too slow and they bat one after each other. We probably need a guy to come in, maybe at three or four who can score quickly and rotate strike well.

I was thinking same thing why is malik batting above u akmal. even against zim in 3 odi he batted hiegher then u akmal. u akmal is best batsman in the team, no matter what every body says. u akmal naturally not finisher same like sachin. i don't know why manegment has been forcing him to be a finsiher for more then a year. lol at the guy who's showing avg of u akmal at number 4 and 5, where he batted one two times. if you want him to play long inning, he's kinda player you need to put more responsibility on his shoulders. he must be batting hiegher then 5 no matter what. other wise he will always be under pressure to win almost immpossible game. and then one or two failure he will be dropped. and ppers will open a thread "when will umar akmal win a game"

Should definetely bat inbetween Younis and Misbah as they help him but he also pushes them along aswell. A win win situation. Yes he has a good record at 6 but his big runs have come after Pakistan collapse or are struggling. Let him bat at 4 for a while and see if he can score big which I think he could do. Also keeping in mind test matches as if he starts scoring bigger in ODIs only a matter of time before his test starts are converted into bigger scores!

Yes. That's what Sri Lanka did with Chandimal. They had him bat at #4 between Sangakara and Jayawardene. He didn't do very well but the idea is right.

I'd ove to see Umar at #4 for an extended run.

Too many excuses get made for this guy.

If he is so soft as to be destroyed by batting 5 or 6 I would suggest you don't want him in your side.

He is fine, just needs to learn to not hand over his wicket without a price.

"Destroyed" is probably the wrong term, I'd say it's more of him being misused.

I don't see the fascination with trying to turn him into a finisher. This is not his game, he's never been a finisher in domestic cricket.

Heck, he doesn't even prefer batting at six. He should be up the order in between YK and Misbah. No way, should Malik even be in the lineup let alone above Akmal. :))

:malik got out for a duck so i think with malik's current form :umarakmal can never get destroyed

Malik ko team mein iss liye rakha hai k baqiyun ko nazar na lage :malik

its 2019 and the same problem persists or got worse.

I still cant work out how malik and hafeez made it to the WC and u.akmal left at home.

Umar on his day can play a blinder like kohli, provided most of his days are off, but even on his off days hes a better batsmen than hafeez and malik combined.

Whats worse is how did malik start ahead of harris, maybe that cost us the WC.

Its 2019 and writing was on the wall for malik and hafeez since 2011 or even way before, are PCB this blind.

its 2019 and the same problem persists or got worse.

I still cant work out how malik and hafeez made it to the WC and u.akmal left at home.

Umar on his day can play a blinder like kohli, provided most of his days are off, but even on his off days hes a better batsmen than hafeez and malik combined.

Whats worse is how did malik start ahead of harris, maybe that cost us the WC.

Its 2019 and writing was on the wall for malik and hafeez since 2011 or even way before, are PCB this blind.
Another Umar Akmal thread bumped :facepalm:

Akmal is done now as an ODI player.

That 2011-2015 period killed Shehzad, Shafiq, U. Akmal, Wahab, Fawad, etc. as players. They were dropped and selected inconsistently as the XI was TTFs galore with the likes of YK, K. Akmal, and Afridi making pointless comebacks.

Maybe a team of:
Sharjeel Khan
Asad Shafiq
Umar Amin
Umar Akmal
Fawad Alam
Sarfraz Ahmed+
Hammad Azam
Sohail Khan
Yasir Shah
Wahab Riaz*
Rahat Ali

With guys like Maqsood, Azhar, Anwar, Adnan, Ehsan, Latif, Bhatti, Raza, Talha and Khurram also in the mix.

COULD have been successful had it been given a long run.

INSTEAD PAK went with THIS XI vs ZIMBABWE, the series RIGHT after the WC!!

Hafeez
Farhat
YK
Misbah
Malik
Akmal
Akmal
Tanvir
Ajmal
Junaid
Cheema

With Afridi, Razzaq, Kamran, etc. all making comebacks here after.

These selectors never learn.

Now, 8 years later, Hafeez still won't retire. Why I am I not surprised?!?

Now am I trolling a bit? Maybe.

But don't be surprised if Misbah comes out of retirement and ends up losing Pakistan the 2023 WC.

Back