X users up in arms against Netflix over ‘racist’ Jessica Alba film depicting Arabs as terrorists clad in keffiyehs

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Last week, Jessica Alba made her onscreen comeback with the Netflix Original film, Trigger Warning. People, however, wish she hadn’t with one X user suggesting she go back to making baby food — or whatever it is she was doing — instead of returning to star in a “racist” film about Arabs at a time when Israel is massacring Palestinians.

Many are calling for a boycott of both Alba and Netflix for showing Arab ‘terrorists’ clad in keffiyeh in the opening scene of the film.

The scene in question sees Arab characters attacking American characters in an aid truck in the Syrian desert. After the American characters overpower the ‘terrorists’ holding them hostage, one soldier begins firing at them, angering Alba’s character, who stops him from “murdering assets” — not human beings, assets.

Viewers have drawn parallels between this scene and the Nusseirat Massacre, which allegedly involved Israeli forces using humanitarian aid trucks as a guise to infiltrate the camp, a tactic referred to as “humanitarian camouflage”. The attack resulted in over 270 Palestinians being killed and more than 600 injured.

“Did the writers have prior knowledge of what went down in Rafah or are government assassins pretending to be aid workers like a thing?” a user asked. The controversial scene in Alba’s film also reminds one of the vaccination drive that the CIA organised in Pakistan 2012 to obtain the DNA of Osama bin Laden’s family.

We want to clarify that aside from the opening scene, we have not watched the film. Trigger Warning’s trailer doesn’t overtly show any significant Muslim presence. It centres on Alba’s character, Parker, a special forces commando who returns to her hometown after her father’s death. As she investigates his death, she encounters a violent gang, prompting her to go rogue.

Social media, however, has been ablaze with reactions expressing disappointment and anger, with many sharing the hashtag #BoycottNetflix. Comments range from general condemnation of the film’s portrayal of Arabs to specific critiques of Alba’s participation in the project. The majority of criticism is limited to that one opening scene of the film.

An X post liked over 65,000 times, reads, “Boycott this racist a** movie that normalises Americans hiding in aid trucks to shoot and murder Arabs. Does this sound familiar to anyone?”

Source: Dawn News

In Hollywood and Bollywood an easy way to sell a boring story is add muslims as terrorist in the story and in the end terminating them for crowd appeasemnet

😂 this is going down as one of the worst movies ever produced by Netflix and arguably one of the worst in recent times and not because of the racism, but simply because Jessica Alba is a downright terrible actor and the writer must have been high when he put the together. It’s well on its way to a 0% RT.

Why so upset, don't watch bollywood. It's trash, you always have Iranian cinema to fall back on
O thanks for good suggestion but tbh i am not watching it for a long while now. May be over a decade as they produce such stuff.

In Hollywood and Bollywood an easy way to sell a boring story is add muslims as terrorist in the story and in the end terminating them for crowd appeasemnet
Main Hoon Na , Pathan became a blockbusters showing Hindu as terrorists.

Main Hoon Na , Pathan became a blockbusters showing Hindu as terrorists.
TBH didn't see Pathan but agree with you entirely on Main Hoon Na was a good film and depicted bad elements that actually occur on both sides of the border that deter peace. Unfortunely the government depicted in the film is in opposition now lol

TBH didn't see Pathan but agree with you entirely on Main Hoon Na was a good film and depicted bad elements that actually occur on both sides of the border that deter peace. Unfortunely the government depicted in the film is in opposition now lol
When Main Hoon Na was made BJP was in power, only that month did congress come to power, they were depicting AB Vajpayee,

So how is that a good movie then if lone Hindu is the main terrorist, you had issues with Muslims being terrorist in Indian movies.

These "special forces" movies are very cringy. Hollywood got saturated with these movies. They need new materials.
You think that’s all Hollywood makes? Hollywood makes so many movies an year.. go watch a Disney LGBtQ movie.

When Main Hoon Na was made BJP was in power, only that month did congress come to power, they were depicting AB Vajpayee,

So how is that a good movie then if lone Hindu is the main terrorist, you had issues with Muslims being terrorist in Indian movies.
They could be but there is so much exaggeration with it in Bollywood. And still believe it had a fine story, and if I my memory serves me right wasn't one of sunil shetty's henchman a muslim there?

You think that’s all Hollywood makes? Hollywood makes so many movies an year.. go watch a Disney LGBtQ movie.

I have watched around 200 Hollywood movies in the past 5-7 years. Many different genres.

I was referring to "special forces" genre only. They need varieties within that genre.

I have watched around 200 Hollywood movies in the past 5-7 years. Many different genres.

I was referring to "special forces" genre only. They need varieties within that genre.
Its based on where they are deployed, Rambo was fighting along Afghans in 80’s against soviets and it has been about middle east since 2002..

But they have shown both sides in many movies.

Who cares about x users?

There are two communities which makes no significance in the end even though they seem to think they do.....

X users
Reddit (much better than X though)

I don't even know who Jessica Alba is, but not really sure why it matters. These are non-Muslims making films for a non-Muslim audience, what else should be expected?

Back