"You are with us, or against us" - Time for PCB to deliver a strong message to other ACC nations?

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
"You are with us, or against us" - Time for PCB to deliver a strong message to other ACC nations?

Well if there is time for leadership, then this is it.

Najam Sethi has talked a bit but now it's time to walk the talk.

Pakistan needs to deliver an ultimatum to the other boards, or shut-up forever.

The current spate of leaks etc is not helping PCB - they need to go on the record and make the boards spell out their position in public and then take a stand.

This ambiguity in their position is making them look weak.

Well if there is time for leadership, then this is it.

Najam Sethi has talked a bit but now it's time to walk the talk.

Pakistan needs to deliver an ultimatum to the other boards, or shut-up forever.

The current spate of leaks etc is not helping PCB - they need to go on the record and make the boards spell out their position in public and then take a stand.

This ambiguity in their position is making them look weak.

Need of the hour IMO. Hope PCB is listening.

PCB's stand: without india-Pakistan contest tournaments are financially unviable

BCCI's stand: No they are not. There will be a hit, but not a deal breaker.

Action removes all doubt.

Problem with this approach is, what if other ACC boards turn around and say - "We are against you, thank you."

Does PCB has any back up plan?

I understand playing to the gallery and showing bravado but there must be a pragmatic approach.

I mean smaller boards like SLCB, BCB and Afg board has more to gain sticking with BCCI than with PCB. Also considering the political situation of Pakistan, no one knows how long Sethi would survive. If the political regime changes tomorrow, chances are Sethi would be replaced as well. So why would these boards will be with PCB and take on BCCI?

Best bet for PCB now is to do course correction. Accept the Asia cup in SL, send its team to world cup and then access the situation in 2025. They are jumping the gun a bit.

Pakistan shouldn't ruin its relationship with other boards.

We cant offer them Indian level money so they aren't going to side with us.

We need to maintain relationships not ruin them completely.

Pakistan shouldn't ruin its relationship with other boards.

We cant offer them Indian level money so they aren't going to side with us.

We need to maintain relationships not ruin them completely.

Partial ruining isn't going to help either.

Problem with this approach is, what if other ACC boards turn around and say - "We are against you, thank you."

I understand playing to the gallery and showing bravado but there must be a pragmatic approach.

I mean smaller boards like SLCB, BCB and Afg board has more to gain sticking with BCCI than with PCB. Also considering the political situation of Pakistan, no one knows how long Sethi would survive. If the political regime changes tomorrow, chances are Sethi would be replaced as well. So why would these boards will be with PCB and take on BCCI?

Best bet for PCB now is to do course correction. Accept the Asia cup in SL, send its team to world cup and then access the situation in 2025. They are jumping the gun a bit.

Why use common sense when you can threaten other boards and make them fall in line.

/s just in case

Partial ruining isn't going to help either.

I dont think any board has 100% relations with another. There is always something that causes a bit of tension.

The point is Pakistan can make a stand without completely burning bridges with the other ACC countries

It only works if you have any value.

Shouting angrily at the board meeting will not give you any promotions unless you are the CEO or major financial donor of the company.

The chances are board will throw you out and say please learn to behave at the meetings.

Need strong leadership.

Either everyone accepts hybrid model with the rest of the tournament played in SL or we pull out of Asia Cup..

Stop all foreign tours of SL, Bang and Afg and only play them at home if we need to

I would still go to World Cup but if BCCI makes a fuss about 2025 CT then withdraw from ALL ICC tournaments and ICC membership. Period.. Then play PSL for 9 months

It doesn’t really matter if Sethi remains in charge because our stance / position will remain the same regardless of which party is in power..

Need strong leadership.

Either everyone accepts hybrid model with the rest of the tournament played in SL or we pull out of Asia Cup..

Stop all foreign tours of SL, Bang and Afg and only play them at home if we need to

I would still go to World Cup but if BCCI makes a fuss about 2025 CT then withdraw from ALL ICC tournaments and ICC membership. Period.. Then play PSL for 9 months

How can we make this happen? how can we help?

Need strong leadership.

What a wonderful idea! If implemented, it would result in the death of cricket in Pakistan faster than an average innings of Venkatesh Prasad lasted during his playing days.

Other than the monetary value of Indo Pak contests, PCB have zero leverage. Even ECB and Cricket Australia will readily bow down to BCCI dictats

BRICS like alternative for current situation in cricket

There is quite a few good posts about BRICS rising up to challenge the "petrodollars" in the Timepass section.

Is it possible to create something like that for the current cricket situation?

I mean China, USA and Africa are a big market. if a couple of courageous boards can invest there and corner the market, it will completely cut the current market leaders out of that huge pie.

Is it possible? if so which boards are best set up to do this?

Any non-mainstream team will be filled with Indo-Pak expats and is not worth the effort.

A clear statement of intent, and then get on with it.

If it means we alienate some people, so be it.

At the end of the day, everyone's looking out for themselves, so should we.

So, we get thrown out of the ACC, we organize bilaterals with other countries ourselves, we let our players play as many franchise leagues as they like provided they pay a fee to the PCB etc

Change the model or sit around crying and making statements like jilted lovers.

As Imran Khan says, stop living like Slaves.

Sethi and Co need to come clean on where we stand and then present their plan.

Last edited:
This should have been planned 3 months ago PCB already in lose lose situation, Asia Cup also gone and relation with contemporaries also spoilt

This should have been planned 3 months ago PCB already in lose lose situation, Asia Cup also gone and relation with contemporaries also spoilt

Yup. should have moved many months ago on this. Good move.but timing was off.

Yep. Use Bush's language after a historical event to threaten other national boards. Bravo.

Yep. Use Bush's language after a historical event to threaten other national boards. Bravo.

That's me talking.

Obviously Sethi won't say that but you do understand what I mean?

PCB has only threatened to boycott events, since they are also being boycotted by the Asian cricket boards. How is what you are doing any different to what the PCB is doing? Just because you get to hear this from Sethi and BCCI ****** panjus hide behind ‘sources’, does it seem any different here?

There is quite a few good posts about BRICS rising up to challenge the "petrodollars" in the Timepass section.

Is it possible to create something like that for the current cricket situation?

I mean China, USA and Africa are a big market. if a couple of courageous boards can invest there and corner the market, it will completely cut the current market leaders out of that huge pie.

Is it possible? if so which boards are best set up to do this?

Will never be mainstream in the US. Will remain expat people from cricket playing countries. That's it.

Need strong leadership.

Once you withdraw from ICC, no ICC member players will go to Pakistan. So basically 9 months of Faysal bank T20.

How is this going to work?

How many tours will Aus NZ ENG SA make to Pakistan?

Except BBL and Hundred, other franchisee leagues may be out of bounds for Pakistanis.

Indians own all teams in SAT20 and all but one team in Emirates ILT20.

3 CPL teams are owned by IPL owners.

4 US league teams are owned by IPL owners, and there are Pakistanis outside of PCB control in USA that they can sign.

After PCB burns bridges with Asian boards, will they play in LPL or BPL?

This with us or against us will work, only if PCB held high value to these boards.

Right now, its either PCB or BCCI and the one with greater value is obvious.

Or LPL or ILT20 or BBL etc

Lots to choose from.

Majority of teams in ILT20 CPL MLC SA20(All teams) are owned by IPL or Indian owners. Pakistani players won't find favour there esp if BCCI starts leaning on the IPL owners.

If PCB is going to boycott Lanka, why will Lankan board hire pakistanis for LPL?

PCB isn't in a great position in world cricket.

Majority of teams in ILT20 CPL MLC SA20(All teams) are owned by IPL or Indian owners. Pakistani players won't find favour there esp if BCCI starts leaning on the IPL owners.

If PCB is going to boycott Lanka, why will Lankan board hire pakistanis for LPL?

PCB isn't in a great position in world cricket.

We seem to forget that Babar Azam isnt doing a favour to LPL/BPL/BBL etc by playing there- they are needed.

Its a 2-way street.

PCB should boycott playing against anyone who doesn't support them. 😏

We seem to forget that Babar Azam isnt doing a favour to LPL/BPL/BBL etc by playing there- they are needed.

Its a 2-way street.

If PCB is going to boycott Asian boards, how will the boards come to agreement on players? Thats the point i am making.

Ofcourse BBL and The hundred are open to pakistanis. Esp the Hundred.

PCB requires a JV. Either CA or ECB to jointly run a T20 league. Two legs, one in Pakistan and one in the other country. But PCB's ego and uncertain nature will be a hindrance.

If PCB is going to boycott Asian boards, how will the boards come to agreement on players? Thats the point i am making.

Ofcourse BBL and The hundred are open to pakistanis. Esp the Hundred.

PCB requires a JV. Either CA or ECB to jointly run a T20 league. Two legs, one in Pakistan and one in the other country. But PCB's ego and uncertain nature will be a hindrance.

They will adapt but its clear that the current setup where eveyone and their naani can tell PCB to go fly kites is not working.

I dont think PCB needs to directly send a message to boards. PCB was meant to host this Asia Cup, if they aren't allowed even through a hybrid model option then they should simply opt out and try to organize something else in preparations of the WC.

Also for WC they should ask for a neutral venue as if India is not comfortable touring Pakistan then the risks remain in India as well for Pakistan's team and Pakistan's government might not give permission as well.

Pakistan had no international cricket at all at home for 7-8 years or so and still survived in every aspect, cant imagine many other teams going through that and still remain one of the bigger teams around.

So if it means opting out of these two tournaments so be it. Cricket doesn't end with it. Also what exactly is Pakistan getting if the Asia Cup is not happening in Pakistan, kind of nothing other than maybe some portion of revenues from both these tournaments, wont be the end of the world.

They will adapt but its clear that the current setup where eveyone and their naani can tell PCB to go fly kites is not working.

Unless PCB improves it's position financially or has a team of superstars they are no going to be valued in world cricket.

I dont think PCB needs to directly send a message to boards. PCB was meant to host this Asia Cup, if they aren't allowed even through a hybrid model option then they should simply opt out and try to organize something else in preparations of the WC.

Also for WC they should ask for a neutral venue as if India is not comfortable touring Pakistan then the risks remain in India as well for Pakistan's team and Pakistan's government might not give permission as well.

Pakistan had no international cricket at all at home for 7-8 years or so and still survived in every aspect, cant imagine many other teams going through that and still remain one of the bigger teams around.

So if it means opting out of these two tournaments so be it. Cricket doesn't end with it. Also what exactly is Pakistan getting if the Asia Cup is not happening in Pakistan, kind of nothing other than maybe some portion of revenues from both these tournaments, wont be the end of the world.

PCB will opt out of the Asia cup and WC 2023.

What about the T20 WC 2026, CT 2029 and WC 2031? PCB will boycott all of them, because all of them are to be hosted by India.

Unless PCB improves it's position financially or has a team of superstars they are no going to be valued in world cricket.

PCB is one of the richest boards financially, correct me if I am wrong. It has the 4th largest share in the ICC revenue model because its in demand and adds that much value. Financial statements from couple of so years ago are available publicly and assets can be seen.

PCB will opt out of the Asia cup and WC 2023.

What about the T20 WC 2026, CT 2029 and WC 2031? PCB will boycott all of them, because all of them are to be hosted by India.

Still a lot of time in them. You never know where things stand by then. Will India also boycott the ICC champions trophy in Pakistan?

Still a lot of time in them. You never know where things stand by then. Will India also boycott the ICC champions trophy in Pakistan?

ICC CT is a ICC tournament and so its not easy for BCCI to boycott the CT. The relationship may also improve between the two countries before that.

So we don't know.

But if PCB boycotts 2023 WC then India surely isn't going to Pakistan for CT 2025.

Last edited:
PCB is one of the richest boards financially, correct me if I am wrong. It has the 4th largest share in the ICC revenue model because its in demand and adds that much value. Financial statements from couple of so years ago are available publicly and assets can be seen.

Pakistan's share is below Australia and just slightly over SA. But if PCB will boycott ICC events they are not going to receive that share.

As per Rameez Raja, 50 per cent of PCB budget is dependent on ICC revenue share.

Will never be mainstream in the US. Will remain expat people from cricket playing countries. That's it.

Not even all expats. Just brown expat take up the sport in US. You will have to look very hard to find an English or Aussie or South African expat even admitting to know cricket.

ICC CT is a ICC tournament and so its not easy for BCCI to boycott the CT. The relationship may also improve between the two countries before that.

So we don't know.

But if PCB boycotts 2023 WC then India surely isn't going to Pakistan for CT 2025.

PCT will go to the 2023 WC - cannot boycott an ICC tournament given existing regulations and agreements.

However, BCCI will attempt to move 2025 CT out of Pakistan. However there is no just cause for doing that (2011 WC was an exception for obvious reasons..) so we will have another pissing contest two years later too!

How can we make this happen? how can we help?

What a wonderful idea! If implemented, it would result in the death of cricket in Pakistan faster than an average innings of Venkatesh Prasad lasted during his playing days.

International cricket is already dead - we might as well go full franchise cricket and get ahead of everyone else..

PCB must walk the talk and show all Asian nations who the cricketing boss is. I hope SL, Afg and Ban comeback to their senses.

Its a 2-way street.

Correct. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

So you should no issues with BCCI treating PCB the way PCB treated BCCI over the years going back to the 1990's boycott of over Babri masjid etc etc correct?

Correct. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

So you should no issues with BCCI treating PCB the way PCB treated BCCI over the years going back to the 1990's boycott of over Babri masjid etc etc correct?

No need to go back in time.

We are talking about the situation today.

There is no loyalty. It's all about money.

BCCI dangles a carrot or two and the likes of SLC go running to them.

PCB doesn't stand a chance.

PCT will go to the 2023 WC - cannot boycott an ICC tournament given existing regulations and agreements.

However, BCCI will attempt to move 2025 CT out of Pakistan. However there is no just cause for doing that (2011 WC was an exception for obvious reasons..) so we will have another pissing contest two years later too!

If all countries agree, CT 2025 should be in Pakistan, with or without India.

PCB planning should not be for CT2025,its a long shot atm try to get a respectable and financially viable result for Asia Cup hosting Saga, you move by your position BCCI owns cricket atm from sponsors to broadcasters 90% its Indian from Relaince to Cycle agerbatties

My point is, stop bluffing and doing silly leaks, take firm action - whether it is accepting Indian hegemony or taking a stand. Get on with it.

PCB has done silly things in past and now doing it again. Things will go downhill very quickly if Pak doesn't play Asia Cup. BCCI is too strong to do anything whatever they want in the name of security and all other Boards will comply. With Current situation PCB has put themselves in a weird situation where everyone is willing to abandon PCB, it has come to a point where PCB can't even play the victim card.

Solution? In my opinion the only way one can stand tall is to simply rely on the type of cricket we play.. meaning we need to Win Cups I literally mean to win any tournament and bilateral we play and show the world What pak cricket means. With having match winners in the team with Babar,Fakhar, Riz, Shaheen, Harris This is the only solution Pak can draw any attention... anything else is just noise and noone will come to rescue PCB.

No need to go back in time.

We are talking about the situation today.

Why not? Who sets the rules and how far back we can go? PCB can't dictate when others should ignore PCB's past behavior. PCB should be man enough to deal with consequence of their past actions

Afridi speaking on TV, possibly referring to BCB objections on playing in the UAE:

“You don’t play depending on weather when you are professional cricketers. We have played matches at Sharjah at 10 am in the morning. We used to feel dizzy when going towards the boundary line. It used to be so hot. These things happen but it also tests your fitness level"

“If you want make an excuse then you can come with anything like it is too hot in UAE. I think these are excuses,"

Afridi speaking on TV, possibly referring to BCB objections on playing in the UAE:

“You don’t play depending on weather when you are professional cricketers. We have played matches at Sharjah at 10 am in the morning. We used to feel dizzy when going towards the boundary line. It used to be so hot. These things happen but it also tests your fitness level"

“If you want make an excuse then you can come with anything like it is too hot in UAE. I think these are excuses,"

I think it's a very valid concern keeping in mind the World Cup is around the corner.

Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh have rejected the Hybrid Model of Pakistan for Asia Cup 2023. (Reported by PTI).

The Asian Cricket Council (ACC) on Tuesday accepted Pakistan's reservations against playing in India and decided to move the Asia Cup 2018 to United Arab Emirates.

The decision was taken in the annual session of the ACC chaired by its president and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Najam Sethi after Pakistan objected to playing in India.

This is what Sethi claimed in 2018.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1400762

Why is he crying now?

Fortunately for him the BCCI was run by the incompetent CoA at that time and that's why his bluff was not called.

Left with no option after Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan backed out of their proposed 'Hybrid Model', hosts Pakistan may pull out of the Asia Cup in September. According to the 'Hybrid Model' proposed by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Najam Sethi, Pakistan were to conduct 3 to 4 games of the Asia Cup in their country, while the rest of the matches involving India could be held at a neutral venue. The idea was floated after India refused to travel to Pakistan because of security concerns. However, it has become clear now that Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan have all backed the BCCI's push for moving the tournament out of Pakistan.

"It is just a formality now that the Asian Cricket Council executive board members meet virtually or a proper meeting is called later this month.

"But the PCB is now aware that Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan are not backing their hybrid model proposal for the Asia Cup," said a well-informed source aware of the developments.

The source said that Sethi was already in touch with his cricket management committee members and also with the relevant government officials to discuss Pakistan's stance if they do not get to host any matches of the Asia Cup at home.

Sethi has repeatedly said that if the tournament is moved to one neutral country from Pakistan, it will not take part in the competition and the source said it is on the cards that PCB will go for a boycott of the Asia Cup.

"Pakistan only has two options. Play the tourney at neutral venue or withdraw," an Asian Cricket Council (ACC) source said.

"In case Pakistan doesn't play, it will still be called Asia Cup but broadcaster will renegotiate the deal in absence of Pakistan." Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and India have all taken the stance that it is not logistically or financially feasible to host the Asia Cup in Pakistan and some other country and it should be held in one country i.e Sri Lanka since India can't travel to Pakistan.

The source also said there is a possibility that the Asia Cup might be scrapped entirely this year and India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan could end up playing a multi-team event in 50-overs format before the World Cup.

"There is every possibility the Asia Cup might not be held this year because without Pakistan and India matches the broadcasters are not likely to offer the same amount they were offering to the ACC with Pakistan included," the source said.

The source added that India is also preparing for a four or five nation event at home in the window which would be left open if the Asia Cup is not held.

What effect Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan's decision could have on the relations between these boards remains to be seen.

Pakistan has already rejected a proposal to play some ODI matches in Sri Lanka when it tours the country for a two-Test series after the island nation offered to host all the matches of the Asia Cup.

The source said the recent developments could force Pakistan to show its hand as far as its decision to send its team to India for the World Cup is concerned.

NDTV

What other Asian cricketing Nations?
There are very few and financially struggling. Why will they side with Pak cricket board who politicize everything because they themselves run on politics.
They are smart to do buisness with BCCI instead of pushing them in shady risky PCB politics:ravi

Left with no option after Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan backed out of their proposed 'Hybrid Model', hosts Pakistan may pull out of the Asia Cup in September. According to the 'Hybrid Model' proposed by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Najam Sethi, Pakistan were to conduct 3 to 4 games of the Asia Cup in their country, while the rest of the matches involving India could be held at a neutral venue. The idea was floated after India refused to travel to Pakistan because of security concerns. However, it has become clear now that Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan have all backed the BCCI's push for moving the tournament out of Pakistan.

"It is just a formality now that the Asian Cricket Council executive board members meet virtually or a proper meeting is called later this month.

"But the PCB is now aware that Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan are not backing their hybrid model proposal for the Asia Cup," said a well-informed source aware of the developments.

The source said that Sethi was already in touch with his cricket management committee members and also with the relevant government officials to discuss Pakistan's stance if they do not get to host any matches of the Asia Cup at home.

Sethi has repeatedly said that if the tournament is moved to one neutral country from Pakistan, it will not take part in the competition and the source said it is on the cards that PCB will go for a boycott of the Asia Cup.

"Pakistan only has two options. Play the tourney at neutral venue or withdraw," an Asian Cricket Council (ACC) source said.

"In case Pakistan doesn't play, it will still be called Asia Cup but broadcaster will renegotiate the deal in absence of Pakistan." Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and India have all taken the stance that it is not logistically or financially feasible to host the Asia Cup in Pakistan and some other country and it should be held in one country i.e Sri Lanka since India can't travel to Pakistan.

The source also said there is a possibility that the Asia Cup might be scrapped entirely this year and India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan could end up playing a multi-team event in 50-overs format before the World Cup.

"There is every possibility the Asia Cup might not be held this year because without Pakistan and India matches the broadcasters are not likely to offer the same amount they were offering to the ACC with Pakistan included," the source said.

The source added that India is also preparing for a four or five nation event at home in the window which would be left open if the Asia Cup is not held.

What effect Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan's decision could have on the relations between these boards remains to be seen.

Pakistan has already rejected a proposal to play some ODI matches in Sri Lanka when it tours the country for a two-Test series after the island nation offered to host all the matches of the Asia Cup.

The source said the recent developments could force Pakistan to show its hand as far as its decision to send its team to India for the World Cup is concerned.

NDTV

Thanks BCCI for destroying cricket

Time for PCB to withdraw from ACC and no participate in World Cup. Lets see if Sethi has any self pride to do that.

If PCB had boycotted the Asia cup in India, in the name of Kashmir, posters here would be jumping up and down with joy and supporting PCB.

Oh wait!!! PCB has already done that.

Time for PCB to withdraw from ACC and no participate in World Cup. Lets see if Sethi has any self pride to do that.

Hopefully PCB does that.

BCCI should then not travel to Pakistan for CT. And organise a all indian player IPL during that period. Let's see where the sponsors and Broadcasters go.

And tell ICC that any ICC event in Pakistan will not have Indian participation.

If PCB had boycotted the Asia cup in India, in the name of Kashmir, posters here would be jumping up and down with joy and supporting PCB.

Oh wait!!! PCB has already done that.

Bro, You always support BCCI no matter what they do.

The Asian Cricket Council (ACC) on Tuesday accepted Pakistan's reservations against playing in India and decided to move the Asia Cup 2018 to United Arab Emirates.

The decision was taken in the annual session of the ACC chaired by its president and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Najam Sethi after Pakistan objected to playing in India.

This is what Sethi claimed in 2018.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1400762

Why is he crying now?

Fortunately for him the BCCI was run by the incompetent CoA at that time and that's why his bluff was not called.

What's the difference between this claim by Sethi and what BCCI is doing?

Hopefully PCB does that.

BCCI should then not travel to Pakistan for CT. And organise a all indian player IPL during that period. Let's see where the sponsors and Broadcasters go.

And tell ICC that any ICC event in Pakistan will not have Indian participation.

Nobody ever powerful forever. England used to rule the whole World, now a puppet of USA.

Thanks BCCI for destroying cricket

Why does only the BCCI get the blame? There are multiple threads on BCCI. Can you point me to similar threads and long discussions on SLC, BD and Afg.? Why are these three given a free pass?

They have a hand in this too. But no mention of them.

If it was FIFA they would have banned India for destroying Cricket and let them busy with their IPL whole year.

Why do posters on this forum keep citing FIFA? The most corrupt sports body on the planet.

Why do posters on this forum keep citing FIFA? The most corrupt sports body on the planet.

Who are we to worry about which organizations are corrupt or not? Who is to say any organization is clean?

NDTV

So apparently they are against us.

What will PCB do now?

Boycott Asia Cup and World Cup?

So apparently they are against us.

What will PCB do now?

Boycott Asia Cup and World Cup?

Whatever it is - have the courage to says something and follow it through. Don't say one thing in public and then rollover next day.

Why not? Who sets the rules and how far back we can go? PCB can't dictate when others should ignore PCB's past behavior. PCB should be man enough to deal with consequence of their past actions

That was under a different captain under a different administration at a much different time, the current setup is NOT responsible for their actions back then.

This Sethi guy is all talk with no substance. He claim things due to get political support from his party.

Now now please. Sethi said he got Asia Cup shifted from India. Pakistani media gleefully reported it.

How is BCCI doing anything different?

Now you understand why Sethi is the problem here.

Nobody ever powerful forever. England used to rule the whole World, now a puppet of USA.

1990 Asia cup and 1993 Hero cup in India boycotted by Pakistan, citing Kashmir.

2011 WC PCB lost its hosting rights due to security failure, instead of being regretful about it PCB threatened lawsuits to stall the tournament. Arm twisting ICC to get $16mn for doing nothing. SLC which hosted matches, almost went bankrupt due to the costs involved and deserved the money more.

As per Sethi Sahib he forced the Asia cup to be shifted out of India in 2018.

How is the BCCI the big bad here?

That was under a different captain under a different administration at a much different time, the current setup is NOT responsible for their actions back then.

Sethi sahib said in 2018, that PCB's objections forced ACC to shift the Asia cup out of India. Pakistani media reported it. Link is posted above.

How is that different from what BCCI is doing?

Sethi has done more for Pakistan cricket than any other administrator in last few decades. He brought back international cricket in Pakistan, introduced PSL, chose Mickey Arthur as coach, Pakistan became #1 tests side and won CT when he was the chief. Now he is back and cleaning up the mess created by Ramiz Raja, who introduced failed idea like PJL and standing up against BCCI. You are still doubting him?

If it was FIFA they would have banned India for destroying Cricket and let them busy with their IPL whole year.

But unfortunately ICC is toothless organisation should be closed now no need for them let BCCI run the cricket now

Back