‘Political pressure’: Ex-Pindi commissioner apologises for rigging allegations [Update on post#285]

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
"We changed the lead of 70,000 votes of PTI candidates into defeat, We were ordered to do so by the Chief Election Commissioner. We changed the results of 13 winning candidates from Rawalpindi Division. I cannot bear this on my conscience and is resigning from my Post. Even to this day fake stamps are being lodged on ballots", Commissioner Rawalpindi Liaqat Ali Chatha

It seems some people are beginning to lose sleep over this...yet others are still asking for evidence and mocking IK/PTI's political prowess and how they should have negotiated with Criminals.

Now this is getting serious. Where are all those guys defending some particular powerful people?

------------------------------

Rawalpindi commissioner resigns over alleged election rigging

Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Ali Chattha has resigned from his post amidst a flurry of startling revelations regarding electoral misconduct. In a series of dramatic statements, Chattha expressed remorse for his actions, citing shame and a desire for atonement.

Chattha expressed regret and remorse, stating that he feels ashamed of his actions and believes he should face severe consequences for his alleged misconduct.

In a series of videos going viral on social media, Chattha can be seen confessing to being involved in election duty and admitted to feeling ashamed of his responsibilities. He went on to declare that he should face the death penalty for his alleged crimes and recounted a scene where presiding officers were brought to tears before him.

Shockingly, Chattha claimed to have attempted suicide after morning Fajar prayers as a consequence of his actions.

Furthermore, the commissioner spoke of his fears of a repeat of the tragic events of 1971, stating that he wanted to relieve himself of the burden on his conscience. He expressed a desire for justice to prevail, insisting that others implicated in the misconduct should also face consequences.

Amidst these revelations, Chattha made allegations of electoral fraud, claiming that 13 Members of the National Assembly (MNAs) were defeated in his division despite initially leading by 70,000 votes. He alleged that fake seals were used to cheat voters and implicated Chief Election Commissioner Sikandar Sultan Raja in the wrongdoing.

Chatta's resignation and subsequent statements have brought to light serious allegations of electoral malpractice, casting a shadow over the integrity of the electoral process in Rawalpindi. The unfolding situation has raised concerns about the transparency and fairness of elections in the region, prompting calls for thorough investigation and accountability.

SAMAA

Now this is getting serious. Where are all those guys defending some particular powerful people?

------------------------------

Rawalpindi commissioner resigns over alleged election rigging

Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Ali Chattha has resigned from his post amidst a flurry of startling revelations regarding electoral misconduct. In a series of dramatic statements, Chattha expressed remorse for his actions, citing shame and a desire for atonement.

Chattha expressed regret and remorse, stating that he feels ashamed of his actions and believes he should face severe consequences for his alleged misconduct.

In a series of videos going viral on social media, Chattha can be seen confessing to being involved in election duty and admitted to feeling ashamed of his responsibilities. He went on to declare that he should face the death penalty for his alleged crimes and recounted a scene where presiding officers were brought to tears before him.

Shockingly, Chattha claimed to have attempted suicide after morning Fajar prayers as a consequence of his actions.

Furthermore, the commissioner spoke of his fears of a repeat of the tragic events of 1971, stating that he wanted to relieve himself of the burden on his conscience. He expressed a desire for justice to prevail, insisting that others implicated in the misconduct should also face consequences.

Amidst these revelations, Chattha made allegations of electoral fraud, claiming that 13 Members of the National Assembly (MNAs) were defeated in his division despite initially leading by 70,000 votes. He alleged that fake seals were used to cheat voters and implicated Chief Election Commissioner Sikandar Sultan Raja in the wrongdoing.

Chatta's resignation and subsequent statements have brought to light serious allegations of electoral malpractice, casting a shadow over the integrity of the electoral process in Rawalpindi. The unfolding situation has raised concerns about the transparency and fairness of elections in the region, prompting calls for thorough investigation and accountability.

SAMAA
@Rana you owe some explanation bro, Your leaders have created new records of rigging here.

Just like India' space mission chandaaryan Maryam Nawaz political career had a nosedive

As was Karachi, Central Punjab, and most South Punjab districts. There are reports of massive rigging in Balochistan and KPK as well so we can assume that there was rigging in every province of Pakistan.

Agreed...but the rigging that took place was slightly plausible in the other areas...i.e had it been done properly you could have bought it.

Islamabad and Pindi was the most blatant and illogical thing that took place. It was unfathomable.

"We changed the lead of 70,000 votes of PTI candidates into defeat, We were ordered to do so by the Chief Election Commissioner. We changed the results of 13 winning candidates from Rawalpindi Division. I cannot bear this on my conscience and is resigning from my Post. Even to this day fake stamps are being lodged on ballots", Commissioner Rawalpindi Liaqat Ali Chatha

What can I do or say that changes anything? PMLN is coming into power.

Rana I didn't bring you up to cop out like this...

Maybe it's time to admit that the elections were rigged big time, that PMLN/PPP are the scourge of the country and that that not only the PTI but any other party should not align themselves with crooks, incompetent thieves who have no care for the people of Pakistan.

Come on you can do it..

Now you see why the Nooras only got 17 seats or something the MQM normally gets and even they didnt get any legitimate seats this time . PML may come to power at gun point, a gun pointed at them to take power and a gun pointed at the public to allow them but this isn't going away.

Yet, still people will support those parties that were involved in this just for a family that couldn’t give a crap about your existence🤦🏻‍♂️

The Rawalpindi Commissioner literally waited until February 17 to expose the fraud in 17 seats of PML-N.

Maybe it's time to admit that the elections were rigged big time, that PMLN/PPP are the scourge of the country and that that not only the PTI but any other party should not align themselves with crooks, incompetent thieves who have no care for the people of Pakistan.

Come on you can do it..

The Rawalpindi Commissioner literally waited until February 17 to expose the fraud in 17 seats of PML-N.
We knew in the region that Nooras have no support. Maybe you can present some form 45s to contradict him.

Last edited by a moderator:
He said that he was told that isa and Sikandar were both on board. And that was also obvious. Qazi that can't stop talking, talks about many thing but not on an issue that is the most important for decades

This guy will be tortured like IRK. Maybe he will be forced to take his statement back. IA he stays the same

If they had formed a government he may have stayed quiet.

However the longer the delay the more time your conscience has....he would have been worried about getting caught. He did the right thing and fessed up.

Wow! This is blatant cheating. They didn't even try to make it less obvious.

What's the point of election? LOL.

PTI leader Barrister Gohar Ali Khan has demanded declaring election in Rawalpindi division as null and void, ARY News reported on Saturday.

It is to be mentioned here that Commissioner Rawalpindi Liaqat Ali Chatha has resigned from his post over accepting responsibility of alleged rigging in elections 2024.

Chattha admitted that the rigging took place in election and candidates who were leading in their constituencies with over 70,000 votes were converted to losers with the help of fake seals under his watch.

Barrister Gohar demanded an immediate inquiry of rigging allegations claimed by the Commissioner Rawalpindi division.

He said the Commissioner when saying that the winning candidates were defeated, he must tell, which candidates were winning. “We were winning the election according to form 45 but later our candidates were defeated with form 47,” PTI leader said.

Barrister Gohar said that the Commissioner’s statement is very serious. “We have to open the Pandora’s Box if we move towards a new election,” he added.

Source: ARY

There is a thought process that thinks that he is part of plan to get re- elections so that this time they( the company).

There is a thought process that thinks that he is part of plan to get re- elections so that this time they( the company).
I dont think this is the way to achieve that. This exposes the whole plan to the world.

If they had simply wanted a reelection I think they would have kept saying it was fair and square had the courts order one under PTI pressure and then try again.

This guy will be tortured like IRK. Maybe he will be forced to take his statement back. IA he stays the same

He's either very naive or very brave. The powers that be will be furious at a leak like this, they will be gunning for him for sure.

He's either very naive or very brave. The powers that be will be furious at a leak like this, they will be gunning for him for sure.
Or he is speaking for them to get the elections annulled. Apparently Isa and the bench that took up bat case have accepted to hear a case to annul the elections. Whatever they do, Isa was and is fully on board with the London plan

Come on you can do it..
Why doesn’t the KPK election officer own up?

I dont think this is the way to achieve that. This exposes the whole plan to the world.

If they had simply wanted a reelection I think they would have kept saying it was fair and square had the courts order one under PTI pressure and then try again.
Shown fully live on TV when those guys can't break wind without the full directions of the major overseeing media. Let's hope this guy is part of another failed plan by these thugs

nothing is going to happen lol....

What he might be saying could possibly be true 100%. But nothing is going to happen, No protest nothing.

You do know that MR is the Sharifs business partner.

March 21, 2016 the property was sold by Mr Nawaz for £42.5m to a British Virgin Islands company named Ultimate Holdings Management Ltd. Mr Riaz’s son, Ali Riaz Malik, signed for Ultimate Holdings; he was represented by Mischon de Reya law firm. Mr Nawaz signed for himself, witnessed by his lawyer Jeremy Freeman. (A couple of weeks before the sale took place, Mr Nawaz had been contacted by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists about the Sharif family’s offshore companies that had come to light in the Panama Papers.)

nothing is going to happen lol....

What he might be saying could possibly be true 100%. But nothing is going to happen, No protest nothing.
Exactly

All it will do is give die hard PTI fans a reason to cry for the next 5 years whilst they sit out of government

You do know that MR is the Sharifs business partner.

March 21, 2016 the property was sold by Mr Nawaz for £42.5m to a British Virgin Islands company named Ultimate Holdings Management Ltd. Mr Riaz’s son, Ali Riaz Malik, signed for Ultimate Holdings; he was represented by Mischon de Reya law firm. Mr Nawaz signed for himself, witnessed by his lawyer Jeremy Freeman. (A couple of weeks before the sale took place, Mr Nawaz had been contacted by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists about the Sharif family’s offshore companies that had come to light in the Panama Papers.)
no he is not

Exactly

All it will do is give die hard PTI fans a reason to cry for the next 5 years whilst they sit out of government
im in pindi, and nothing has happened here after this revelation.

I wonder if this guy is being blackmailed by Zardari to reveal all this.

Just saw his press conference, he has blown up his own career by admitting to the crime. His service will end, he wont be getting a pension and could now be tried for treason.

The blame will never fall on Asim Munir or anyone else, and will only fall on him for the Pindi seats (which i said were clearly rigged).

Zardari probably got to him to reveal all this, or else makes 0 sense to spill the beans and destroying your career

What would you like to see? Would you like to see riots?

If they riot, you will say they did hte right thing. If htey dont, you still defend it saying they are protecting public property.

Brave, brave man .. he and his family will sadly face the repercussions now.

Caretaker Punjab Chief Minister Mohsin Naqvi has ordered an “impartial probe” into allegations of manipulation of poll results made by Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Ali Chattha.

Taking notice of the claims in a statement, he directed that a “high-level committee” be constituted to conduct an inquiry into the matter.

“An independent inquiry of the allegations will be held,” CM Naqvi asserted, adding that the facts will be brought forward.

Source: The Nation

Caretaker Punjab Chief Minister Mohsin Naqvi has ordered an “impartial probe” into allegations of manipulation of poll results made by Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Ali Chattha.

Taking notice of the claims in a statement, he directed that a “high-level committee” be constituted to conduct an inquiry into the matter.

“An independent inquiry of the allegations will be held,” CM Naqvi asserted, adding that the facts will be brought forward.

Source: The Nation

Waiting for outcomes.

Waiting for outcomes.
he needs to have evidence.

Hopefully, after destroying his own career he does have evidence to back up what he said.

I still believe it was Zardari's doing after figuring he couldnt get his PM, so he decided to throw the Establishment under the bus here

Man identified by PTI workers in their protest suspect of firing handed over to Police

Turns out, he has a US Visa approved on 13th feb so thats why he coming up with this now :)

Explosive news? More like a sleep inducing news, because PTI supporters will still prefer their slumber.

Turns out, he has a US Visa approved on 13th feb so thats why he coming up with this now :)

Coming up or coming out?

Why would you risk your family and your own life when you’re moving out of Pakistan in a couple of days. It doesn’t make sense.

Why wouldn’t he just stay quiet and then leave?

Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Justice Qazi Faez Isa responded to Commissioner Rawalpindi Liaqat Ali Chatha’s allegations regarding ‘rigging’ in the General Election 2024, ARY News reported.

In a statement, the CJP said that as per the constitution, it is the responsibility of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to hold the polls. “The allegations against me are baseless. Commissioner Rawalpindi should provide evidence for determining right or wrong,” he added.

Commissioner Rawalpindi did not present any evidence. Tomorrow he may come up with allegations of theft or murder. If it is his right to accuse someone, he should also provide evidence,” Justice Qazi Faez Isa said.

The CJP said that petitions pertaining to alleged irregularities and rigging are being filed and the judiciary will decide them as per law.

Earlier in the day, Commissioner Rawalpindi Liaqat Ali Chatha accused the CJP and Chief Election Commissioner of being involved in the ‘rigging’.

Liaqat Ali Chatha on Saturday resigned from his post and surrendered to police saying “I accept responsibility for rigging election 2024”.

Source: ARY

If we see it rationally, A high ranking officer made these statements and allegations with careful consideration, or is it based on someone else's sayings? The story will unfold in a few days.

Following the statement related to ‘rigging in general election 2024’, the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) spokesperson Marriyum Aurangzeb demanded that the name of Commissioner Rawalpindi Liaqat Ali Chatha should be placed on the Exit Control List (ECL), ARY News reported.

“Liaqat Ali Chatha should not be allowed to leave the country after his statement related to the ‘rigging in general election’ without any proof,” said PML-N’s Marriyum Aurangzeb in a presser.

She questioned, “why he [Commissioner Rawalpindi] realized to confess about ‘rigging’ after eight days as he has no constitutional responsibility for the election.”

Aurangzeb stated that Commissioner Rawalpindi should have approached the election commission first before accusing the Chief Justice of Pakistan and Chief Election Commissioner of rigging in the general election 2024.

“He should have approached ECP first, his allegations are baseless as he did not provide any evidence during her press conference,” Marriyum Aurangzeb said.

The PML-N’s spokesperson further added that the commissioner should have taken action against the accused involved in rigging.

“Do you want to de-rail the democracy through foreign meddling?” She questioned.

She called for an inquiry into Commissioner Rawalpindi’s actions, urging an investigation into his recent contacts over the past eight days.

She further emphasized the need for a thorough forensic audit of his accounts and proposed turning his allegations into a test case and the findings should be made public.

Maryam Aurangzeb asserted that penalties should be imposed for creating an inflammatory atmosphere through allegations.

She called for stringent action against Commissioner Rawalpindi and questioned whether he wanted to bring back the group that was empowered by “orchestrating the Result Transmission System (RTS) drama in 2018?”.

The PML-N’s spokesperson emphasized that the Commissioner’s accusations against the Chief Justice are not trivial, Liaqat Ali Chatha should provide evidence to support his allegations.

ARY

In what capacity and with what authority is she making these statements?

What it looks like to me is that Asim Munir is trying to throw the CEC and maybe even the CJP under the bus.

If i was involved in the rigging of the elections and I’ve been issued with a Visa to the US, the last thing I’d do is put myself and my family at risk of being killed by the state.

Malik Riaz has finished this tantrum.

============================================

Never met or contacted Pindi commissioner, says Malik Riaz on PML-N’s allegations

Property tycoon Malik Riaz has denied ever meeting or contacting Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Ali Chatha — who has confessed to rigging the Feb 8 elections.

In a post on X, the real estate developer termed the accusations levelled by PML-N regarding his involvement as “false and unfounded”.

“It’s so unfortunate that every time chaos happens in Pakistan, everyone starts pointing fingers at me or my organisation without any rationale, logic, or proof,” he said.

“I have never met or contacted Liaqat Chattha. I have no links to him, neither social nor business. The accusations by PML-N regarding my involvement with Liaqat Chattha are false and unfounded.”

Riaz said he was available for an inquiry in this regard. “As a Pakistani, I’m only praying for stability and prosperity in the country,” he concluded.

Dawn

Yep they should step up too​

======

Ali Amin Gandapur urges other ROs involved in alleged rigging to step up, reveal truth​

PTI leader Ali Amin Gandapur has urged other returning officers involved in the alleged rigging of elections to “step up and speak the truth” like Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Ali Chatha.
Addressing a rally in Peshawar, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa chief minister hopeful said: “It’s not too late now. Get up and talk. We will support you. No one can say anything to you in this country. We promise you this.”

Source: Dawn News

Bro funny thing is that he gave clean chit to army. He also never said who told him to do that. He never mentioned anything.
he threw isa faiz under the bus. Why would supreme court judge be telling you to rig? Dumbest thing ever. Supreme court has nothing to do who is elected as MNA or PM, as they are a seperate entity.

The guy seems to be following the orders of either Zardari or the 'establishment'.

Malik Riaz has finished this tantrum.

============================================

Never met or contacted Pindi commissioner, says Malik Riaz on PML-N’s allegations

Property tycoon Malik Riaz has denied ever meeting or contacting Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Ali Chatha — who has confessed to rigging the Feb 8 elections.

In a post on X, the real estate developer termed the accusations levelled by PML-N regarding his involvement as “false and unfounded”.

“It’s so unfortunate that every time chaos happens in Pakistan, everyone starts pointing fingers at me or my organisation without any rationale, logic, or proof,” he said.

“I have never met or contacted Liaqat Chattha. I have no links to him, neither social nor business. The accusations by PML-N regarding my involvement with Liaqat Chattha are false and unfounded.”

Riaz said he was available for an inquiry in this regard. “As a Pakistani, I’m only praying for stability and prosperity in the country,” he concluded.

Dawn
The "fight" between MR and the Nooras is about real as the fight between Bajwa and NS or the fight AZ and NS or the fight between JKT and the Nooras. You get my point especially after MR brought the £42mn property to save their backsides in the Panama papers.

Back