‘Political pressure’: Ex-Pindi commissioner apologises for rigging allegations [Update on post#285]

Politics

This is an important alliance to bide time…and PTI will evaporate, or their members will join PPP or PMLN with the passage of time.

This is the long term plan. Zardari is the king of the long game.

I think its one miscalculation too far from Zardari.

Reminds me of when Nick Clegg joined the Tories. The Lib dems got all the blame for the bad things but no credit for the good things. It took them a long time to recover and it required getting rid of a lot of old faces. PPP is a dynastic model and dont really have time or ability to make such a comeback.

The ideology of the party has just evaporated. They were a left wing anti establishment party and are now in cahoots with a right wing establishment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its one miscalculation too far from Zardari.

Reminds me of when Nick Clegg joined the Tories. The Lib dems got all the blame for the bad things but no credit for the good things. It took them a long time to recover and it required getting rid of a lot of old faces. PPP is a dynastic model and dont really have time or ability to make such a comeback.

The ideology of the party has just evaporated. They were a left wing anti establishment party and are now in cahoots with a right wing establishment baby.
Honestly from listening to Bilawal's response to that question, I think they would've jumped if Imran had offered an olive branch. There's obviously huge pressure from the Establishment to bring an end to this uncertainty and they had to give in but you can see they're deeply unhappy about it and are still trying to keep away from the worst of the backsplash by not being directly in positions of responsibility like Nick Clegg was.

PTI is more or less a right wing anti-establishment so there was at least commonality on one of the core platforms.

Well you had the chance didn’t you? Should have joined PPP. Oh well…
No chance. We won the election. The PPP is an establishment front these days, look at their faces. It's like an ISIS video. Its what happens when you get nationalised by a criminal mafia

No chance. We won the election. The PPP is an establishment front these days, look at their faces. It's like an ISIS video. Its what happens when you get nationalised by a criminal mafia
You didn’t win the election. Your individuals won some seats because of populism. And then a decent majority of them decided to join other parties…and those parties combined and formed a majority…which is now the government

You will have to wait 5 more years now

You didn’t win the election. Your individuals won some seats because of populism. And then a decent majority of them decided to join other parties…and those parties combined and formed a majority…which is now the government

You just endorsed the Establishment instead of the PPP when asked if you backed the PPP after praising them. .

Not some seats, a 180 infact. And when did you get the right to decide the criteria on what basis someone wins votes.

May Allah the Almighty protect Qazi Faez Isa. He has delivered an honest verdict and should be commended for an excellent deliberation of justice. Yet there are senior PTI journalists that are inciting religious hatred towards him. This is why I cannot take PTI seriously

So mandate theives are set to form govt. , who will benefit from this definitely not the country

May Allah the Almighty protect Qazi Faez Isa. He has delivered an honest verdict and should be commended for an excellent deliberation of justice. Yet there are senior PTI journalists that are inciting religious hatred towards him. This is why I cannot take PTI seriously
Was the same against Salman Taseer then used against Imran Khan as well.

Establishment created TLP that started the trend of using blasphemy card to launch a political party so all the credit must goes to them.

Not everything remains same, this too shall pass PTI was grounded before 8/2 now they are back with a bang, QFE has time till Sep , also the fiscal budget break the camels back , PPP wisely has grabbed all constitutional posts which they will enjoy for 5 years unlike the executive seats loaded with pressure are with PML N, as time will pass IK will get relief in his cases, already PHC granting bails to PTI leaders where possible.

Mian Nawaz Sharif already fizzed out of politics , well done IK

Not everything remains same, this too shall pass PTI was grounded before 8/2 now they are back with a bang, QFE has time till Sep , also the fiscal budget break the camels back , PPP wisely has grabbed all constitutional posts which they will enjoy for 5 years unlike the executive seats loaded with pressure are with PML N, as time will pass IK will get relief in his cases, already PHC granting bails to PTI leaders where possible.

Mian Nawaz Sharif already fizzed out of politics , well done IK
Shariff has fizzled out only coz Establishment, if they want to prop him tomorrow he will be propped up.

The guy got lying at the weekend. A. CJP got caught lying by journalists that he talks to after he said one thing on camera and another off camera. The guy caught with property in London and then lied and lied to cover up his properties.

The guy got lying at the weekend. A. CJP got caught lying by journalists that he talks to after he said one thing on camera and another off camera. The guy caught with property in London and then lied and lied to cover up his properties.
What are you talking about? Why are PTI supporters trying to get him lynched for blasphemy? He upheld the law and gave a historic judgement in favour of a minority member. One of the best judgements ever. Why do PTI journalists want to get him killed? Because they don’t like how he dealt with Imran Khan?

What are you talking about? Why are PTI supporters trying to get him lynched for blasphemy? He upheld the law and gave a historic judgement in favour of a minority member. One of the best judgements ever. Why do PTI journalists want to get him killed? Because they don’t like how he dealt with Imran Khan?
I am talking about Isa lying at the Weekend over the rigging. He told journalists about the allegations of the Commissioner off camera and then on camera he told the journalists he had no idea about the allegations and didn't who he was. Qazi Fraud

I am talking about Isa lying at the Weekend over the rigging. He told journalists about the allegations of the Commissioner off camera and then on camera he told the journalists he had no idea about the allegations and didn't who he was. Qazi Fraud
He was acting so poorly.

I hope the fraud is lynched for his betrayal to the PK CONSTITUTION . Its the least we can do to the lying clown. A man that swore on the Koran to uphold the Constitution sold PK down the drain. Article 6

The high-level committee, constituted by Election Commission of Pakistan, seems to have missed the deadline to submit a report on allegations by former Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Ali Chatha, accusing ECP and Chief Justice Qazi Faez Isa of involvement in the ‘election rigging’, ARY News reported on Wednesday, citing sources.

Sources told ARY News that high-level committee – constituted to probe the claims made by the former commissioner – met today under the chairmanship of ECP member Sindh Nisar Durrani.

The committee review the progress made so far on the investigation into Liaquat Ali Chatha’s allegations. Meanwhile, the committee has recorded statements of returning officers (ROs) of 13 National Assembly (NA) constituencies and 26 provincial assembly constituencies.

This QFE is corrupt to the bottom of the roots. Now he took such a decision that is nowhere near to the constitution of Pakistan. Will he be charged for treason or judiciary is beyond every law and regulation?

Rigging allegations: Ex-Rawalpindi commissioner records statement before ECP

Former commissioner of Rawalpindi, Liaquat Ali Chattha, has recorded his statement regarding his allegations of rigging in the recent elections, sources within the election commission confirmed.

The inquiry committee, chaired by ECP Sindh member Nisar Durrani, had issued a notice to Chattha yesterday, prompting his response to the accusations.

The investigation committee, operating under the leadership of Nisar Durrani, has been tasked with probing allegations of electoral irregularities levelled by Liaquat Chattha last week.

Details surrounding the content of Chattha's statement have not been disclosed at this time. However, his cooperation with the inquiry committee indicates a willingness to address and clarify any concerns regarding the integrity of electoral procedures.

On February 17, Liaquat Ali Chattha resigned from his post amidst a flurry of startling revelations regarding electoral misconduct. In a series of dramatic statements, Chattha expressed remorse for his actions, citing shame and a desire for atonement.

Chattha expressed regret and remorse, stating that he feels ashamed of his actions and believes he should face severe consequences for his alleged misconduct.

He could be seen saying on video that he was deputed on election duty, but he was ashamed of his responsibilities. “I should be given the death penalty for the crime I have committed,” he says.

He claimed that presiding officers were crying in front of him, adding that he surrendered himself to the police. He also claimed he attempted suicide after the Fajar prayers, as he did not want the incident of 1971 to be repeated.

“I am removing the burden of my own conscience,” Chattha said.

On February 19, the ECP's high-level investigation committee initiated its inquiry into the allegations raised by Chattha. Sources privy to the matter said that the committee took the initiative by reaching out to the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) to acquire the transcript of Chattha's recent press conference.

On the other hand, six district returning officers (ROs) from Rawalpindi Division have already furnished their written statements, categorically refuting the allegations levelled by the former commissioner.

SAMAA

I don’t know how bad he was last time for being arrested and incarcerated

But this time it will be fully deserved. Sickening behaviour in trying to invoke religious hatred against a man who was doing his job as Chief Justice, and who actually did a highly honourable act by giving reprieve to a heavily persecuted minority class member. Yet Imran Riaz Khan out of political spite flamed the fire of hatred towards this CJ because of political indifference

An honourable that is owned by the mafia and lies on oath.

But this time it will be fully deserved. Sickening behaviour in trying to invoke religious hatred against a man who was doing his job as Chief Justice, and who actually did a highly honourable act by giving reprieve to a heavily persecuted minority class member. Yet Imran Riaz Khan out of political spite flamed the fire of hatred towards this CJ because of political indifferenc

But this time it will be fully deserved. Sickening behaviour in trying to invoke religious hatred against a man who was doing his job as Chief Justice, and who actually did a highly honourable act by giving reprieve to a heavily persecuted minority class member. Yet Imran Riaz Khan out of political spite flamed the fire of hatred towards this CJ because of political indifference
Why are these criminals using VPNS when Twitter is banned by the same people for the last 5 days.

Couldn't care less. Don't trust him to give any verdict that is just. The guy took bribes to kill Hudbiya case, brought property in London,got caught and used the establishment( who initially wanted him out) to make a deal. This deal led to 1000s of men and women being locked up.

Couldn't care less. Don't trust him to give any verdict that is just. The guy took bribes to kill Hudbiya case, brought property in London,got caught and used the establishment( who initially wanted him out) to make a deal. This deal led to 1000s of men and women being locked up.
Of course you couldn’t care less because it’s not about the 2 people you have wanted the entire world to mourn…it’s about the hundreds of thousands of people that have always been persecuted, neglected, lynched, killed, raided in Pakistan.

I am inclined to believe that every decision in his Judiciary is based on Justice. The same justice upon which the foundations of Islam is laid..the same justice upon which Pakistan was found as a home for the Muslims of the sub-continent!

S
Of course you couldn’t care less because it’s not about the 2 people you have wanted the entire world to mourn…it’s about the hundreds of thousands of people that have always been persecuted, neglected, lynched, killed, raided in Pakistan.

If this man can put his neck on the line for one irrelevant, weak Ahmadi person Knowing that he can incur the wrath of vile, extremist Muslim clerics of Pakistan…I am inclined to believe that every decision in his Judiciary is based on Justice. The same justice upon which the foundations of Islam is laid..the same justice upon which Pakistan was found as a home for the Muslims of the sub-continent!
So your OK to steal votes of 30mn but are complaining about the rights of your group. Sorry if you can support criminals
, why should we care for your group. Come back with moral compass and then you may have a point. Ultimately I believe that all people have a right to dignity,something you don't as you have made clear over and over again

Day 6?

And govt of PPP and PMLN is being formed.

as i said, nothing was to happen. Usual hoopla

Day 6?

And govt of PPP and PMLN is being formed.

as i said, nothing was to happen. Usual hoopla
What is clearly happening is PTI are now starting to play every dirty tactic in order to create civil unrest. The attempted incitement of religious hatred against the judge of the supreme court, and Imran Khan hoping the IMF stops its funding towards Pakistan.

Is this how you want to remembered? Bunch of sore losers!

What is clearly happening is PTI are now starting to play every dirty tactic in order to create civil unrest. The attempted incitement of religious hatred against the judge of the supreme court, and Imran Khan hoping the IMF stops its funding towards Pakistan.

Is this how you want to remembered? Bunch of sore losers!
lol this is there old tactic. But no one throws dust at them.

They did the same thing against PMLN when Ahsan Chaudry tried making the country less religious intolerant. They incited soo much hate against Ahmadi's and minorities just to weaken the govt of PMLN at that time. Infact, they had Islamabad blocked off and supported groups like TLP.

Back when the country decided to remove Imran from power after we lost confidence in him, he tried to stall it hoping that the army would do a coup.

They never cared about the country or its people. To Imran having his PM seat is more important and his MNAs cared more about having govt jobs by just winning elections and not doing anything in life.

They again trying to do those same things, but this time army is not even throwing dust on them. Just desperate pleas.

Like i said, this BIG REVEALATION, lol, nothing was going to happen. But we still saw PTI fans celebrate it as their watergate moment. This thing was such a little stupid issue that it wont be considered in the history books

So Comissioner Rwp now apologises on his statement , this was expected

I like the Establishment

And I am not a PTI fan.
But why love a regime that has done nothing but lost half the country, never won any wars, have trampled the democractic process and has not allowed it to flourish and run the country into the ground, not to mention given rise to extremism and rdical views in the country?

‘Political pressure’: Ex-Pindi commissioner apologises for rigging allegations

Former Rawalpindi commissioner, Liaquat Ali Chattha, who had resigned from his post last week while making serious allegations of election rigging, has issued a public apology and expressed regret for his statements.

Chattha, in a recorded statement before the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) committee on Thursday, acknowledged that he made these allegations at the behest of a political party, without explicitly naming Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).

Express News quoting ECP sources reported that Chattha appeared before the committee and recorded his statement in response to a notice sent by the investigation committee. The ECP has since completed its investigation into the allegations of rigging made by Chattha.

Sources revealed that all the District Returning Officers (DROs) and Returning Officers (ROs) of Rawalpindi Division have categorically rejected the accusations of rigging in the elections leveled by the former commissioner. The inquiry committee collected written statements from all six DROs of Rawalpindi Division.

During his fiery press conference last week, Chattha had raised serious concerns about election rigging. However, in his recent statement before the ECP committee, he attributed his actions to political pressure from the PTI leadership, without naming the party. Chattha admitted to orchestrating a press conference filled with drama and emotional rhetoric, including phrases related to suicide and hanging, under the guidance of the political party.

In his statement, Chattha expressed remorse, stating, "I am ashamed of the statement and apologise to the people." He disclosed that, at the time of the press conference, he was retiring on March 9 and was concerned about his future and benefits. Chattha revealed that he had been in contact with a high-ranking figure in the political party and had covertly assisted them in exchange for the promise of a high position.

According to Chattha's account to the ECP committee, the emotional and drama-filled press conference was planned following the orders of the political party leadership. Importantly, he clarified that no RO was involved in any rigging processes, refuting his earlier allegations.

Express Tribune

‘Political pressure’: Ex-Pindi commissioner apologises for rigging allegations

Former Rawalpindi commissioner, Liaquat Ali Chattha, who had resigned from his post last week while making serious allegations of election rigging, has issued a public apology and expressed regret for his statements.

Chattha, in a recorded statement before the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) committee on Thursday, acknowledged that he made these allegations at the behest of a political party, without explicitly naming Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).

Express News quoting ECP sources reported that Chattha appeared before the committee and recorded his statement in response to a notice sent by the investigation committee. The ECP has since completed its investigation into the allegations of rigging made by Chattha.

Sources revealed that all the District Returning Officers (DROs) and Returning Officers (ROs) of Rawalpindi Division have categorically rejected the accusations of rigging in the elections leveled by the former commissioner. The inquiry committee collected written statements from all six DROs of Rawalpindi Division.

During his fiery press conference last week, Chattha had raised serious concerns about election rigging. However, in his recent statement before the ECP committee, he attributed his actions to political pressure from the PTI leadership, without naming the party. Chattha admitted to orchestrating a press conference filled with drama and emotional rhetoric, including phrases related to suicide and hanging, under the guidance of the political party.

In his statement, Chattha expressed remorse, stating, "I am ashamed of the statement and apologise to the people." He disclosed that, at the time of the press conference, he was retiring on March 9 and was concerned about his future and benefits. Chattha revealed that he had been in contact with a high-ranking figure in the political party and had covertly assisted them in exchange for the promise of a high position.

According to Chattha's account to the ECP committee, the emotional and drama-filled press conference was planned following the orders of the political party leadership. Importantly, he clarified that no RO was involved in any rigging processes, refuting his earlier allegations.

Express Tribune

Major revelations @Major ?

Establishment have likely threatened his family, feel for the poor commissioner.

Major revelations @Major ?
He probably was used by the establishment to make the initial statement so that PMLN could form the govt quickly and be pressurized to accept PPP's demands. After this statement, the PMLN and PPP's govt formation deal got done. As soon as it got done, the commissioner than took a u-turn.

Probably the establishment letting PMLN know, quickly form your govt, or else we have no issue in spilling the beans, placing the blame on you and letting PTI in power.

The fact that this commissioner blamed the Supreme Court, who has literally nothing to do with PM elections, and not naming the Army, says it all.

No govt employee after working for 30+ years on a very low salary, will make such a statement and be deprived of his or her pension.

He probably was used by the establishment to make the initial statement so that PMLN could form the govt quickly and be pressurized to accept PPP's demands. After this statement, the PMLN and PPP's govt formation deal got done. As soon as it got done, the commissioner than took a u-turn.

Probably the establishment letting PMLN know, quickly form your govt, or else we have no issue in spilling the beans, placing the blame on you and letting PTI in power.

The fact that this commissioner blamed the Supreme Court, who has literally nothing to do with PM elections, and not naming the Army, says it all.

No govt employee after working for 30+ years on a very low salary, will make such a statement and be deprived of his or her pension.
Interesting stuff. Makes sense tbf

Establishment indeed high class chess players.

Establishment have likely threatened his family, feel for the poor commissioner.

From what I've heard anyone with PTI connections who has been vocal on social media is getting targeted by the establishment in Pakistan. This commissioner would be fearing for his and his family's welfare if he didn't retract the statement. Just look at what they did to Imran Khan, who is this commissioner in comparison?

The Commissioner should have realized to what extent the establishment and PDM would go through to put him straight. Very unwise decision to go public like this if you are not prepared to deal with the consequences. He should have sent his family abroad first.

The theory among political analysts is that this whole commissioner saga was a drama by the establishment, this commissioner has close ties to the Sharif family and has been pictured with the PML N politicians many times. The establishment used him to put pressure on the PML N to form government in the centre, PML N previously did not want to take over the federal government and only wanted to focus on Punjab whereas the establishment clearly told them you are not getting Punjab if you don't take charge of the centre.

The theory among political analysts is that this whole commissioner saga was a drama by the establishment, this commissioner has close ties to the Sharif family and has been pictured with the PML N politicians many times. The establishment used him to put pressure on the PML N to form government in the centre, PML N previously did not want to take over the federal government and only wanted to focus on Punjab whereas the establishment clearly told them you are not getting Punjab if you don't take charge of the centre.
But the facts back him up and that can't be wished away. In Pothowar as with the rest of PK, these crooks have no support.

Why did Isa lie if the SC wasn't involved. Did Isa fear the recordings

PTI can't do much about it

Establishment is the supreme body of Pakistan. They will decide everything.

Very stupid of Imran Khan to ask for investigation when every institution is under control of establishment. He is helpless and can't do much

as usual, illogical posts that have nothing to do with topic in hand.
It's got everything to do with it. In your World lying and cheating is normal, and I get that. But in mine, I expect my CJP to be honest because he has the power of life and death on this earth. With this in mind, the CJP lied. When questioned about that exact allegation, he told everyone on camera that he had never heard of the allegations or the commissioner. But just minutes before, he had told journalists a whole different story. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is the CJP, not AZ or NS

It's got everything to do with it. In your World lying and cheating is normal, and I get that. But in mine, I expect my CJP to be honest because he has the power of life and death on this earth. With this in mind, the CJP lied. When questioned about that exact allegation, he told everyone on camera that he had never heard of the allegations or the commissioner. But just minutes before, he had told journalists a whole different story. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is the CJP, not AZ or NS
llol CJP rigging elections.

Poltical science 101 by PTI fans....

Atleast do bother to educate yourself about basic govt

No sane mind would openly talk like that in a country like Pakistan :ROFLMAO: . He would known the consequences of defying the establishment. It is impossible to sustain torture for any human, one will easily give up. I think he was used by the establishment to create pressure on PML N to form federal government(Nawaz was unwilling to). if his conscious was clear then he should have bravely named Pakistan army instead of CJP.

llol CJP rigging elections.

Poltical science 101 by PTI fans....

Atleast do bother to educate yourself about basic govt
Yes. He was fully involved with the appointment of bureaucrats as ROs, the LHC( as corrupt as it is) had thrown out their nominations because of the conflict of interest. Look at the commissioner, a guy whose whole family was part of the Noora party. Isa took the symbol, allowing horse trading, he banned the PTI. He is on record as saying that the symbol helps poor, illiterate people but still took the symbol. The guy is being blackmailed by both the Nooras and the company. It was the reason he lied to the journalists.

The inquiry committee, constituted by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), concluded in its report that the allegations levelled by former Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Ali Chatha regarding ‘election rigging’ were ‘false and based on lies’, ARY News reported on Friday, citing sources.

The inquiry report came a day after Liaquat Ali Chatha backtracked on his allegations that he played a role in rigging the elections to make the losers win in Rawalpindi Division.

Insiders told ARY News that the high-level committee, in its report, submitted today, recommends legal action against the former Rawalpindi commissioner for making “false accusations and potentially impacting the commission’s integrity”.

The inquiry committee thoroughly investigated Chatha’s allegations, reviewing evidence and interviewing relevant officials. Their findings, as per sources, conclusively debunked the claims of rigged elections.

The committee, according to the sources, mentioned the Chatha’s letter in its report and quoted him as saying that he was influenced by “external forces” when making his statement. “Mr Chatha has apologised to ECP in front of the inquiry committee,” it stated.

The inquiry report has attached Chatha’s statement, along with details regarding returning officers (ROs) and district returning officers (DROs) from national and provincial constituencies.

ARY News

The inquiry committee, constituted by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), concluded in its report that the allegations levelled by former Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Ali Chatha regarding ‘election rigging’ were ‘false and based on lies’, ARY News reported on Friday, citing sources.

The inquiry report came a day after Liaquat Ali Chatha backtracked on his allegations that he played a role in rigging the elections to make the losers win in Rawalpindi Division.

Insiders told ARY News that the high-level committee, in its report, submitted today, recommends legal action against the former Rawalpindi commissioner for making “false accusations and potentially impacting the commission’s integrity”.

The inquiry committee thoroughly investigated Chatha’s allegations, reviewing evidence and interviewing relevant officials. Their findings, as per sources, conclusively debunked the claims of rigged elections.

The committee, according to the sources, mentioned the Chatha’s letter in its report and quoted him as saying that he was influenced by “external forces” when making his statement. “Mr Chatha has apologised to ECP in front of the inquiry committee,” it stated.

The inquiry report has attached Chatha’s statement, along with details regarding returning officers (ROs) and district returning officers (DROs) from national and provincial constituencies.

ARY News
Now if he has apologized all the inquiries will be closed and he will also be declared mentally fit.

Need some drastic measures rather than mere talks​

=====

PTI to continue struggle against ‘mandate theft’ with or without support: Raoof Hasan​

PTI leader Rauf Hassan has said that PTI would move towards their objective to reverse the theft of the mandate regardless of whether anyone joins their effort.

“Whoever wants to join our efforts is most welcome but if someone does not want to join us, it does not mean that we will stop our efforts,” Hassan said while speaking to Geo News.

“The Election Commission of Pakistan and Chief Election Commissioner are parties to this theft […] The Chief Election Commissioner should resign,” he demanded.

Source: Dawn News

After with what happened to commissioner Rawalpindi, who will dare to step up?​

====

PTI’s Jhagra calls on DC, others to ‘clarify their positions’ on general elections​

PTI’s Taimur Khan Jhagra has called on the district commissioner of his constituency in KP and other officials to “clarify their position” regarding the Feb 8 general elections.

Speaking to the media, Jhagra alleged, “He (district commissioner) was locked in a room, the SSP (senior superintendent of police), the CCPO (capital city police officer was locked in a room [during the polls].
“Did they give even a single statement after this?” he asked. “I am not levelling allegations against them but they should clear their positions about what happened in the room and whether they stand by these results,” he added.

Source: Dawn News

Election rigging allegations: ECP to make inquiry report ‘public’

According to sources, the report will first be presented in the next Election Commission meeting.

The commission had formed a one-member committee to investigate the allegations, which was headed by Member Sindh Nisar Durrani.

The report includes statements from district and returning officers, the Election Commission said. Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Chatha had also submitted a written statement to the committee.

Earlier, ECP’s high-level committee completed probe into allegations of the former Rawalpindi Commissioner regarding the alleged rigging in general elections 2024.

Sources said that the recorded statements of DROs and RO of 13 National Assembly constituencies and 26 provincial assembly constituencies of Rawalpindi division will be included in the committee report.

Commissioner Rawalpindi’s allegations

In a shocking ‘revelation’, Rawalpindi Commissioner Liaquat Ali Chatha – who stepped down from his post – dropped a bombshell on Saturday, confessing to be involved in rigging the Pakistan general elections 2024, adding another layer of controversy to the already disputed polls.

Taking responsibility for what he termed a “heinous crime,” Chatha implicated not only himself but also accused the Election Commission of Pakistan and Chief Justice Qazi Faez Isa of involvement in the ‘rigging’ — a claim denied by the ECP and the CJP.

The presser came almost a week after the Feb 8 general elections as the ECP has already been in the crosshairs of several rigging allegations amidst PTI and other political parties’ nationwide protests, claiming they were deprived of their mandate.

The ECP flatly rejected the rigging allegations put forth by Liaquat Ali Chatta against the Election Commission and the Chief Election Commissioner.

The spokesperson said in a statement that neither the ECP nor any of its officials instructed the Rawalpindi commissioner to change election results under his jurisdiction.

Why is the investigation being demanded of former commissioner Rawalpindi Chatta Sahib at this time? There was silence as he made his statement and disappeared. Now it seems that they have also been prepared against Imran Khan and in favor of rigging. Since his disappearance, no one has been able to contact him despite millions of attempts. No one knows where and in what condition they lived and whether their attitude is the same.

Back