20:20 Finals Day Latest Score [30/07/05]

Fessal

T20I Debutant
Runs
I don't think there is a thread on this and so let me beat amjid and migsy to it for once :D

post updates here

Twenty20 Cup, 2005, 1st Semi Final
Lancashire v Surrey
The Brit Oval, London
30 July 2005 (20-over match)

Toss: Lancashire
Umpires: IJ Gould and G Sharp
Lancashire innings

Loye b Doshi 32
Law c Dernbach b Murtagh 38
Flintoff b Doshi 49
Symonds not out 52
Cork run out 23
Extras (b 1, lb 5, w 11, pen 6) 23
Total (4 wickets, 20 overs) 217

DNB: AR Crook, *MJ Chilton, G Chapple, +WK Hegg, JM Anderson, G Keedy.FoW: 1-56 (Law), 2-93 (Loye), 3-138 (Flintoff), 4-217 (Cork).

Bowling O M R W

Azhar Mahmood 4 0 35 0 (1w)
Dernbach 4 0 52 0 (5w)
Murtagh 4 0 49 1 (1w)
Doshi 4 0 35 2
Salisbury 2 0 22 0
Clarke 2 0 12 0

Surrey team: AD Brown, JGE Benning, SA Newman, *MR Ramprakash, R Clarke, +JN Batty, Azhar Mahmood, IDK Salisbury, TJ Murtagh, JW Dernbach, ND Doshi.

Last edited:
Some great hitting by Freddy and espeically Symmonds taking the Lancashire total to a massive one. Surrey will have to play out of there skins to come close but they do have big hitters too.

Fessal said:
Some great hitting by Freddy and espeically Symmonds taking the Lancashire total to a massive one. Surrey will have to play out of there skins to come close but they do have big hitters too.

hoping for a close match courtesy ali brown, benning and azhar

need sum excitement, getting bored in the office

looks like nobody is interested in this match despite some azhar playing. everyone seems to be intersted in indian oil..

anyway surrey are going nicley and the latest is 64: 0 of 6.2 overs
but the pressure is still on surrey as they have to maintain this run rate and keep going. Any wicket losses and slips ups will slow them down.

I think Lancs at the moment are still favourites.

Fessal said:
looks like nobody is interested in this match despite some azhar playing. everyone seems to be intersted in indian oil..

anyway surrey are going nicley and the latest is 64: 0 of 6.2 overs
but the pressure is still on surrey as they have to maintain this run rate and keep going. Any wicket losses and slips ups will slow them down.

I think Lancs at the moment are still favourites.

thats a gud run rate...but they have no big hitters in the middle order except for azhar

98/1 now

newman is woefully out of form....shud have sent clarke at 3...atleast he keeps the board ticking....

it still looks a tough ask for surrey and like u said only azhar the big hitter in the middle.

Surrey 98/1 (9.3 ov)
Surrey require another 120 runs with 9 wickets remaining
Surrey RR: 10.32

Rain Stopped Play

Surrey 98/2 (9.4 ov) Surrey require another 120 runs with 8 wickets remaining
Surrey RR: 10.14

I was at 20-20 Finals day last year and it was a great day (and night out)

Same line up this year...except for Glamorgan!!!

Surrey 113/4 (12.2 ov)

Surrey require another 105 runs with 6 wickets remaining

I can't see surrey winning this now even with azhar and ramps batting, unless they go berzuck and lans bowl a load of rubbish conssitently. too big a task now with over a 100 needed in less than 8 overs.. No way.

Last edited:
Azhar Mahmood 30 (17), 3 4's 2 6's....just got out, game over for Surrey.

Surrey LOST!! And Im not even watching the game!!!

Smith's captaincy was important. It was very agressive - not something you often say about South African captains. Against a strong batting line-up they attacked and put in the slips even when the fielding restrictions were relaxed.

After good tactics, he then led from the front with an excellent knock.

smith is a great asset to international cricket.
Did anyone watch girls aloud???? how was their performance???

Watched the highlights programme on Channel 4...I cannot believe I didnt go.

I think the domestic 20-20 tournamet in England is THE number 1 tournament in the world after the World Cup in terms of interest/excitment/attendences etc.

Back