2012 CLT20 | Group B | Chennai Super Kings vs Sydney Sixers | Jo'burg, Oct 14, 2012

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
Chennai Super Kings squad

MS Dhoni*†, R Ashwin, S Badrinath, DE Bollinger, F du Plessis, BW Hilfenhaus, MEK Hussey, RA Jadeja, SB Jakati, KMDN Kulasekara, VY Mahesh, JA Morkel, SK Raina, WP Saha†, M Vijay

Sydney Sixers squad

BJ Haddin*†, PJ Cummins, JR Hazlewood, MC Henriques, MJ Lumb, NL McCullum, NJ Maddinson, IA Moran, PM Nevill, SNJ O'Keefe, BJ Rohrer, SPD Smith, MA Starc, DJ Thornely, SR Watson

Both teams got some big players, gonna be an interesting match i guess. :akhtar

Cummins, Starc, Watson vs Raina on South African pitches.
Off to get some popcorns.

The whole tourney will be a big test for Raina. Up against some lethal pacers and the pitches have shown good carry. :danish

Raina tum aagey badho, hum tumhare saath hain. :)) :haha

Don't know why IPL teams show off when they play 4 overseas players where others play only normal team

albie morkle saved CSKs ass N number of times more than anyone else..
pretty stupid thing to drop him :facepalm:

Raina is smoking speedsters here! Am I watching the right match???

Subramanium Badrinath, unable to get the ball of the square since 2008.

Still bringing the 'i' in inferior.

A quote from Cricinfo
"The reason why Raina is so successful in IPL is because he is playing up the order. But in the Indian team, he always play 4 or 5 down. Ironically both the teams have the same captain but still Raina's position is different." That's a strong point, Vishnu Udayan

Umar Akmal fans... are you listening?

I thought Raina would last 2 balls from Cummins! 1 short, 1 full and bowled :)))

I can safely say Ashwin can easily come in at no.6 for India in tests...scores runs very freely!

We have got so many weaklings to hide in the park - some glaring ones are: Vijay, Badri, Mahesh, Jaddu, Bollinger, Hilfy.

With walking wickets in the form of Vijay, Badri(ball eater), Jaddu and even MSD (these days), I doubt we will get past group stage (not to forget we have got one of the worst pace attack for t20 format in the tournament)

Albie gotta be in the team for the sake of his dibbly dobbly medium pace bowling(can't be worse than Hilfy or Bollinger) and his batting is far superior to our opening batter(monk) and pacers (Again Hilfy and Bollinger).

I think CSK has lost its charm and Raina is the lone fighter in the team . Just look at Dhoni , how much his batting has regressed !!!

they should promote Du Plessis to the opening spot and let Hussey do what he does best in the middle overs !

CSK still looks the better team of the two there

the only area where steven smith is better than warner is batting and fielding. he will never come 10 miles near warne when it comes to leg spin

anyways, shows that Aus still produce a lot of players. i believe that henriques and haddin couldve made a big difference to the Aus team in the T20 WC. They would have made the fragile middle order more stronger

Back