Aamir Khan says 'please don't boycott my film' after calls for boycotting his next movie trends

Rajdeep

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Aamir Khan has reacted to the 'boycott' trends that has been looming over Laal Singh Chaddha on social media. The boycott trends have been doing the rounds on social media after the controversial statements that he made way back in 2015.

Aamir Khan is busy promoting his most anticipated film - Laal Singh Chaddha on all platforms. The Hindi remake of the 1994 Hollywood classic Forrest Gump stars Kareena Kapoor, Naga Chaitanya and Mona Singh in pivotal roles.

Soon after the film's teaser and trailer was unveiled, many took to social media demanding a boycott of the film. In the last few weeks, ‘boycott Laal Singh Chaddha’ has been one of the top trends on social media.

And now, Aamir Khan has reacted to the whole controversy. Appealing to people of the nation, Khan said that many people strongly believe it in their hearts that he doesn't like India. The Thugs of Hindostan actor added that it is entirely untrue and it pains him to see this.

Khan also added that it is unfortunate because it is not the case. He appealed to the people of the country and urged them not to boycott his film. On being asked if the trend of boycott hurts him, the actor told India Today, “Yes, I feel sad. Also, I feel sad that some of the people who are saying this, in their heart, they believe that I am someone who doesn't like India."

He went on to add, "In their hearts they believe, but it is untrue. It is rather unfortunate that some people feel that way. That's not the case. Please don't boycott my film. Please watch my film.

Back in 2016, Aamir had clarified his statement on 'unsafe' India which had triggered nationwide outrage. "I never said India was intolerant or I wanted to leave the country. I also understand the emotions of those who were hurt. I would like to say that my statement was misunderstood and to some extent media is responsible for it. I was born here and I will die here," the actor had said.

https://www.timesnownews.com/entert...wood-news-entertainment-news-article-93267822

Why so much outrage over a comment that was made many years ago in the past ? Not like he said something controversial very recently due to which he has to face the flak of the public .

Why so much outrage over a comment that was made many years ago in the past ? Not like he said something controversial very recently due to which he has to face the flak of the public .

Twitter Cancel mob is pretty strong in India. Social media can decide the fate of many.

Indian Twitter warriors are the most annoying things on the planet. It's funny how obsessive they can be about a topic.

Nothing will happen, if the movie is good people will come, very less will actually boycott this so moot

Kareena Kapoor Khan reacts to Twitter trend boycotting ‘Laal Singh Chaddha, says, "You have to learn to ignore certain things"

When asked about netizens writing off a film on social media, Kareena stated that because there is accessibility, everyone has a voice today. “There are different platforms. Everyone has an opinion. So now, if that is going to be there, then you have to learn to ignore certain things. Otherwise, it will just become impossible to live your life. And that's why I don't take any of this like seriously,” Kareena told Indiatoday. The actress further stated that if a film is good, then the response will be good and it will surpass anything.

Speaking about the #BoycottLaalSinghChaddha trend on Twitter, Aamir had shared, “That Boycott Bollywood... Boycott Aamir Khan... Boycott Laal Singh Chaddha... I feel sad also because a lot of people who are saying this in their hearts believe I am someone who doesn't like India... In their hearts they believe that... And that's quite untrue. I really love the country... That's how I am. It is rather unfortunate if some people feel that way. I want to assure everyone that it's not the case so please don't boycott my films, please watch my films." This boycott was called after an old interview of Aamir Khan went viral, wherein he had stated that his ex-wife Kiran Rao had suggested they move countries because of 'growing intolerance'. After a massive controversy kickstarted with this statement, Aamir had clarified that he never meant that he wanted to leave the country or that India was intolerant. Standing by his statement, Aamir had told PTI, "I was born here and I will die here."

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...gnore-certain-things/articleshow/93275400.cms

Indian Twitter warriors are the most annoying things on the planet. It's funny how obsessive they can be about a topic.

It’s the facebook ones that are even more ridiculous because they create a narrative as average joe in India is on fb, absolutely no logic literally every bollywood movie they are like boycott boycott- as per them watch only south movies.

Poor Amir,its time to show more loyalty to Ind. You could rap yourself in Ind flag and walk around holding a picture of modi

Poor Amir,its time to show more loyalty to Ind. You could rap yourself in Ind flag and walk around holding a picture of modi

I think thats what they want. This is exactly what being Indian is like according to some of them now.

Just fyi the hatred is not only towards Amir but literally all of bollywood.

Akki has reduced his singing amount as well, his movies have trending “CanadianKumar” .

The vitriol against bollywood can be seen even against Arjun Kapoor, Varun, Karan Johar(gets the most), Ananya, Deepika, Ranveer.

Akki has reduced his singing amount as well, his movies have trending “CanadianKumar” .

The vitriol against bollywood can be seen even against Arjun Kapoor, Varun, Karan Johar(gets the most), Ananya, Deepika, Ranveer.

But its the malicious nature of the propaganda against Muslim or Muslim sounding actors thats the problem. You can allege the Kapoor family is engaged in nepotism or Akhshay makes movies in Canada only or blame them for classicism or whatever but its far more serious to question someone's patriotism and ask them to be deported to a foreign country.

Because we are living under Modi's India. Many people are jobless these days and not to forget the "I am my own boss" types who are good for nothing. Nobody is allowed to make a comment which goes against India in public. What a democracy lol. :91: :inti

Imagine having to beg the citizens of your country not to boycott your work after being one of the biggest Bollywood stars of his era. The new India is no place for Khans. Time to retire gracefully and let the Kashmir Files take centre stage.

Imagine having to beg the citizens of your country not to boycott your work after being one of the biggest Bollywood stars of his era. The new India is no place for Khans. Time to retire gracefully and let the Kashmir Files take centre stage.

Yeah.

I actually feel bad for Indian Muslims. They have to resort to this type of tactic very frequently.

But its the malicious nature of the propaganda against Muslim or Muslim sounding actors thats the problem. You can allege the Kapoor family is engaged in nepotism or Akhshay makes movies in Canada only or blame them for classicism or whatever but its far more serious to question someone's patriotism and ask them to be deported to a foreign country.

Fair point , esp against SRK makes no sense at it.

It’s the facebook ones that are even more ridiculous because they create a narrative as average joe in India is on fb, absolutely no logic literally every bollywood movie they are like boycott boycott- as per them watch only south movies.

You are partially correct but let me summarise. Following are the categories of movies accepted/rejected by Indian audience (aka chowkidaar's)

Movies accepted by Indians
1) All South Indian films
2) Bollywood movies starring Kangana Ranaut, Anupam Kher, Akshay Kumar, Vivek Oberoi etc.
3) Bollywood movies directed by Vivek Agnihotri and other nationalist directors.

Movies rejected by Indians
1) All other mainstream bollywood movies acted by Khan's, Kapoor's, Bhatt's etc
2) Outright rejection of any movie directed/produced by Karan Johar since SSRs death....no compromise.
3) Movies featuring andolanjeevis like Swara Bhaskar, Tapasi Pannu etc. Outright rejection...no quarter given on such cases

People are already planning to boycott SRKs upcoming movie Pathan as we speak.

Only Saif Ali Khan is immune to any boycott for some unknown reason.

You are partially correct but let me summarise. Following are the categories of movies accepted/rejected by Indian audience (aka chowkidaar's)

2) Bollywood movies starring Kangana Ranaut, Anupam Kher, Akshay Kumar, Vivek Oberoi etc.
3) Bollywood movies directed by Vivek Agnihotri and other nationalist directors.

2) Outright rejection of any movie directed/produced by Karan Johar since SSRs death....no compromise.
3) Movies featuring andolanjeevis like Swara Bhaskar, Tapasi Pannu etc. Outright rejection...no quarter given on such cases

I dont even know half the names and acronyms you used. Who are Swara, Tpasi, SSR?
What are andolanjeevs and why are hteir movies rejected? Why are South Indian movies not rejected? What did Kapoors or Bhatts do?

I remember reading about some backlash they got when some young male actor killed himself because he blamed these bollywood families for not getting roles. I am assuming its due to their nepotism?

Lol which was the last successful movie of
Kangana , also Akki is getting himself handed, he has already reduced his signing amount by 50%.

To remind you Alia Bhatt still is able to deliver a hit.

I dont even know half the names and acronyms you used. Who are Swara, Tpasi, SSR?
What are andolanjeevs and why are hteir movies rejected? Why are South Indian movies not rejected? What did Kapoors or Bhatts do?

I remember reading about some backlash they got when some young male actor killed himself because he blamed these bollywood families for not getting roles. I am assuming its due to their nepotism?

SSR- Sushant Singh Rajput and yes he was the male actor who committed suicide, BJP bhakts will have a meltdown if they see his movies lol.

He did a movie on gujarat riots blaming Hindu fanatics- Kai Po che.

He played Sarfaraz in PK - the famous Sarfaraz dhoka nahi dega .

Now they have used his death to create a narrative against bollywood.
Bollywood deserves the backlash but as you said already not for religion.

why are south indian movies beyond reproach?

Most of the Actors down south are humble(not necessarily a great thing).. also I notice ,not sure if others do is they are true to their local
identities, SRK even made fun in his movie Fan of new actors who can’t even read Hindi. Anurag Kashyap said the same that’s a big issue as these kids grew up in 1990s and didn’t read Hindi literature so have issues with written Hindi.

South movies are also much larger, Bollywood cant make KGF or RRR or Bahubali, they can try but it will flop -Thugs, Shamshera are examples, they don’t have good story tellers anymore very few .

Sanjay Bhansali is the only director who makes big movies in Bollywood and gets them to be successful.

Amir makes great movies , it’s really unfortunate that people are boycotting him, I’m defn catching it because one its an official remake they took rights, Forrest Gump is my fav English movie, also I’m a Punjabi from Army family, and it has my current fav south star Vijay Sethupathy - hopefully it’s awesome.

Twitter has 23.6 mn followers in India thats like less than 2% of Indian population assuming all accounts are genuine. Considering the number of bots on twitter i wud say not more than 50% of those accounts would be genuine, so like less than 1% population. Problem is celebrities take twitter too seriously, twitter as a platform is a go-to place for intolerant bile. Unfortunately celebrities have got so consumed with the idea of count of likes and retweets that they make too much of praise and hate directed towards them on Twitter.

Twitter has 23.6 mn followers in India thats like less than 2% of Indian population assuming all accounts are genuine. Considering the number of bots on twitter i wud say not more than 50% of those accounts would be genuine, so like less than 1% population. Problem is celebrities take twitter too seriously, twitter as a platform is a go-to place for intolerant bile. Unfortunately celebrities have got so consumed with the idea of count of likes and retweets that they make too much of praise and hate directed towards them on Twitter.

It’s facebook and whatsapp.. I said it above as well the narrative is created there with forwarded messages on whatsapp groups and silly whataboutery in Facebook.

Most of the Actors down south are humble(not necessarily a great thing).. also I notice ,not sure if others do is they are true to their local
identities, SRK even made fun in his movie Fan of new actors who can’t even read Hindi. Anurag Kashyap said the same that’s a big issue as these kids grew up in 1990s and didn’t read Hindi literature so have issues with written Hindi.

South movies are also much larger, Bollywood cant make KGF or RRR or Bahubali, they can try but it will flop -Thugs, Shamshera are examples, they don’t have good story tellers anymore very few .

Sanjay Bhansali is the only director who makes big movies in Bollywood and gets them to be successful.

You made it sounds like South Indian movies are accepted by Indians for some other reason, which has nothing to do with the quality. It sounded like there was some political/no industry related reason behind it.

But reading this post of yours, it seems its only due to their quality being a lot better than Bollywood.

But the same can be said of Amir Khan. He has made better films than most other producers/actors in Bollywood.

Dare I posit the following reasons?:
It is due to the audience. The South Indian audience is traditionally more educated/mature than the North/Central Indian one. They do not have the same baggage/prejudice/despise/Political motivations as their North Indian or Central Indian counterparts. So to them it does not matter what the subject of the film is. So the North/Central India dynamic does not apply to them. Their cultural identity is stronger than their religious one. The quality of South Indian films might also be a factor, but I cannot speak to it because I dont watch them.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't worry if I were Amir Khan, as his movies are one of the highest grossing outside of India; and if I remember correctly, Lagaan remains the only Bollywood movies to be nominated for an Oscar.

It seems that some people have long memories and remember your words especially if your surname is Khan.

I wouldn't worry if I were Amir Khan, as his movies are one of the highest grossing outside of India; and if I remember correctly, Lagaan remains the only Bollywood movies to be nominated for an Oscar.

Mother India as well.(Salaam Bombay not necessarily a Bollywood movie was also nomin).

It’s facebook and whatsapp.. I said it above as well the narrative is created there with forwarded messages on whatsapp groups and silly whataboutery in Facebook.

Amir is responding to the question on twitter trend

You made it sounds like South Indian movies are accepted by Indians for some other reason, which has nothing to do with the quality. It sounded like there was some political/no industry related reason behind it.

But reading this post of yours, it seems its only due to their quality being a lot better than Bollywood.

But the same can be said of Amir Khan. He has made better films than most other producers/actors in Bollywood.

Dare I posit the following reasons?:
It is due to the audience. The South Indian audience is traditionally more educated/mature than the North/Central Indian one. They do not have the same baggage/prejudice/despise/Political motivations as their North Indian or Central Indian counterparts. So to them it does not matter what the subject of the film is. So the North/Central India dynamic does not apply to them. Their cultural identity is stronger than their religious one. The quality of South Indian films might also be a factor, but I cannot speak to it because I dont watch them.

Thoughts?

Well it depends though Malyalam movies (Kerala) are definitely more for educated masses and beautiful storylines.

But South Indian movies esp Telugu are more like
mass movies, to me personally they don’t make sense but it’s kind like watching super hero movies -drama action entertainment, like current hit movie RRR seems to be getting so much attention from abroad- hollywood, it’s on Netflix too but there were some really corny moments, I did make few of my American colleagues watch it and they loved it(could be entertaining to them who knows).

Tamil Movies are mixed bag they have both kind entertaining and also. But the one of the biggest hit is KGF part 2 which was from the other southern state and lol made absolutely no sense to me but i can understand why it would be so huge!!

I think it’s about creating those thrilling moments, and South Indian cinema is able to create those efficiently with most actors having a humble personality outside the movies including current biggest star - Yash.

These movies are specifically made for their audiences and culture, many of which were already being remade by Bollywood for last 10 years - including Amir ‘s Ghajini.
So they were like lets dub it in Hindi ourselves and market it and lol it worked.

Well it depends though Malyalam movies (Kerala) are definitely more for educated masses and beautiful storylines.

But South Indian movies esp Telugu are more like
mass movies, to me personally they don’t make sense but it’s kind like watching super hero movies -drama action entertainment, like current hit movie RRR seems to be getting so much attention from abroad- hollywood, it’s on Netflix too but there were some really corny moments, I did make few of my American colleagues watch it and they loved it(could be entertaining to them who knows).

Tamil Movies are mixed bag they have both kind entertaining and also. But the one of the biggest hit is KGF part 2 which was from the other southern state and lol made absolutely no sense to me but i can understand why it would be so huge!!

I think it’s about creating those thrilling moments, and South Indian cinema is able to create those efficiently with most actors having a humble personality outside the movies including current biggest star - Yash.

These movies are specifically made for their audiences and culture, many of which were already being remade by Bollywood for last 10 years - including Amir ‘s Ghajini.
So they were like lets dub it in Hindi ourselves and market it and lol it worked.

I think you did not answer the question in the context it was asked.
In spite of all the traits you listed, how come South Indian films are above and beyond reproach then and easily accepted, when other films will tend to have more or less the same formulaic structure and content and yet you seem to think their actors (Bollywood hindi speaking actors) might face more of a scrutiny?

Don't you think its the audience then?

In spite of all the traits you listed, how come South Indian films are above and beyond reproach then and easily accepted, when other films will tend to have more or less the same formulaic structure and content and yet you seem to think their actors (Bollywood hindi speaking actors) might face more of a scrutiny?

I would say only 50%.. as South Indians takes their stars even more seriously, to an extent where they become Chief Ministers of their states and they also receive equal backlash but i think they then humble themselves and they forgive their stars, Bollywood isn’t like that except Amitabh Bachan who learnt this after 1986.

So this Bollywood boycott I think is because Bollywood stars show no humility.. as well and yes they are not necessarily wrong.

There is a genuine belief catching up with masses that Bollywood actors are far too arrogant and insensitive whereas south Indian actors are much more modest and do a lot for the society and social causes than their Bollywood colleagues. For Bollywood just like Indian news studios, social causes start and end with a debate on Hindu muslim rhetorics whereas south indian stars engage themselves in far more important issues whether it's to do with linking of rivers or setting up charitable hospitals etc.

[MENTION=17315]Stewie[/MENTION] - few reasons why South movies are more accepted:

1) Better story lines, better songs and dance numbers than in bollywood.

2) Bollywood is filled with nepotism which public dont like. As long as you are son/daughter of some actor, you can make it irrespective of talent.

3) South Indian films also potray Indian culture in a much better way. Watch movies like Bahubali for example. Bollywood, for some unexplicable reason resorts to insult hinduism. Movies like PK etc have really turned people off. India is a country where 80% are hindus, remember?

I would say only 50%.. as South Indians takes their stars even more seriously, to an extent where they become Chief Ministers of their states and they also receive equal backlash but i think they then humble themselves and they forgive their stars, Bollywood isn’t like that except Amitabh Bachan who learnt this after 1986.

So this Bollywood boycott I think is because Bollywood stars show no humility.. as well and yes they are not necessarily wrong.

And why is that? Its an interesting theory, one that I have to agree with. Most of Indian bollywood stars seem like immensely smug and douchy types. Of course being fake is part of the profession, but they seem extra extra fake!

Shahrook Khan in particular seems like a huge fraud to me. Never liked him, he seems to over act.

And why is that? Its an interesting theory, one that I have to agree with. Most of Indian bollywood stars seem like immensely smug and douchy types. Of course being fake is part of the profession, but they seem extra extra fake!

Shahrook Khan in particular seems like a huge fraud to me. Never liked him, he seems to over act.

No idea why they are so cocky probably because they are used to it which is different from yesteryears stars like Dharmendra, Dev Anand, Dilip Kumar, AB.. so don’t know.

I like SRK , he promoted India everywhere but yes he is hated because of his attitude not to forget his issues with many stars.

People expect stars to be simple not sure why.
Yes they are smug but AB, SRK are actually excellent to their fans it’s remarkable how this is being twisted.

[MENTION=152021]Rajdeep[/MENTION] many South movies are massively misogynistic, you are confusing Malayalam cinema with entire South Indian one but i do agree they are way better at story telling than Bollywood.

Last edited:
Yeah.

I actually feel bad for Indian Muslims. They have to resort to this type of tactic very frequently.

What do you know about Amir Khan?

He has been boycotted by many in the doctor community for his poor comments on doctors and medical community.

Then he makes fun of Hinduism and asks them to leave the practice of pouring milk over Lord Shiva and give it to someone.

Then calls India unsafe and when called out, blames his then wife and then divorces her.

At a time when Turkey was openly speaking against India, he thought it was necessary to meet the Turkish first lady.

He has ****** off many people across the board. Its not about being Muslim, its about his views.

According to Forrest Gump, life is like a box of chocolates because "you never know what you're going to get". Now, an Indian remake of the movie has been hit by boycott calls over years-old comments by its Muslim star Aamir Khan.

It is the latest example of how Bollywood actors, particularly minority Muslims like Khan, are feeling increased pressure under Hindu nationalist Prime Minister Modi.

"Laal Singh Chaddha", an Indian spin on the 1994 Hollywood hit with Tom Hanks, is expected to be one of India's biggest films of 2022.

This is due in large part to its main star, 57-year-old Khan, one of the Indian industry's most bankable actors with past blockbusters like "3 Idiots" (2009) and "Dangal" (2016).

Read more: India's Hindu nationalist BJP leads in disinformation race

But ahead of the August 11 release, the internet is awash with clips from a 2015 interview when Khan expressed a growing "sense of fear" and that he and his then-wife discussed leaving India.

"She fears for her child. She fears about what the atmosphere around us will be. She feels scared to open the newspapers every day," he said.

More than 200,000 tweets, many from supporters of Modi's BJP party, have been shared since last month calling for people to spurn the movie with the hashtag #BoycottLaalSinghChaddha.

"Aamir Khan married two Hindu Women, yet named his kids Junaid, Azad & Ira. (Hindu co-star) Kareena (Kapoor) married a Muslim & promptly named her kids Taimur & Jehangir," said one tweet, referring to the children's typical Muslim names.

"That's enough reasons to boycott Lal Singh Chaddha, basically a production from Bollywood's Love Jihad club. #BoycottLaalSinghChaddha," it added, using a derogatory term coined by Hindu nationalists who accuse Muslim men of marrying Hindu women and forcing them to convert.

Patriotism

Nicknamed "Mr Perfectionist", Khan has been credited with pushing films beyond Bollywood's traditional fare of song and dance into social and cultural issues.

He also hosted a TV chat show -- "Satyamev Jayate" -- that discussed touchy themes like rape, domestic violence and corruption.

The furore over his new film -- which adapts Hanks' famous line to say that "life is like a golgappa", an Indian snack -- is such that this week Khan stressed his patriotism, a key tenet of the Modi government.

"I feel sad that some of the people... believe that I am someone who doesn't like India," he told local media.

"That's not the case. Please don't boycott my film. Please watch my film."

Intolerance

Films have long sparked controversy -- as well as violence -- in the movie-mad country of 1.4 billion people.

Also read: WATCH: Hindu hardliner openly calls for Muslim genocide in India

But the heat being felt by Khan, one of a clutch of Muslim megastars in the industry along with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan, mirrors growing intolerance, marginalisation and vilification of the minority, commentators say.

"There is no doubt that Aamir is being targeted by those spreading hatred towards Muslims," one commentator, who wished to remain anonymous for fear of becoming a target himself, told AFP.

Hindu hegemony

Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) owes its origins to Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a militaristic group espousing "Hindutva", or making India an exclusively Hindu state.

Lynchings of Muslims by Hindu mobs over so-called cow protection -- a sacred animal for many Hindus -- and other hate crimes have sown fear in the 200- million-strong Muslim population.

Social media is full of misinformation claiming that Muslims will soon outnumber Hindus -- due to inter-religious marriages -- or that the minority is a treasonous fifth column backed by Pakistan.

Gung-ho

Critics say that the world's most prolific film industry and its stars have been gradually changing their output to fit the government narrative since Modi came to power in 2014.

In 2019, the hagiographic "PM Narendra Modi" was too much even for the Election Commission, which delayed its release until after a vote that year.

There has been a recent string of military-themed movies that have been nationalistic, all-guns-blazing stories of heroics by soldiers and police -- usually Hindus -- against enemies outside and within India.

This year's "The Kashmir Files", about the fleeing of Hindus from Muslim-majority Kashmir in 1989-90, saw incidents of people in cinemas calling for revenge killings of Muslims.

Film critic and author Anna MM Vetticad said the methods to "subordinate India's Muslims and Christians to the majority community... include demonising these minorities, and constantly demanding proof of their patriotism".

But little is expected to change.

"India's tragedy is that a majority in Bollywood... are apathetic, opportunistic or afraid," Vetticad told AFP.

He has been boycotted by many in the doctor community for his poor comments on doctors and medical community.

Then he makes fun of Hinduism and asks them to leave the practice of pouring milk over Lord Shiva and give it to someone.

Then calls India unsafe and when called out, blames his then wife and then divorces her.

At a time when Turkey was openly speaking against India, he thought it was necessary to meet the Turkish first lady.

He has ****** off many people across the board. Its not about being Muslim, its about his views.

Is pouring Milk on Lord Shiva an asbolute must for hinduism? Does it make one a non Hindu if they dont do it and give the milk away to the poor? Is this practice mandated by hindu scriptures?

His being Muslim will be on the minds of plenty and that will 'add' to the hatred and ill feeling towards him.

Amir khan has criticized organized religion in the past. In one of the movies he made as much fun of Muslims as he did of Hindus. (BEAR IN MIND, the nature of the satire was not to insult the actual religions but the adherents only) but obviously the RW hindus only see that as an insult to hinduism and bashed him for being Muslim.

Geez it is so easy to build an agenda online against anyone these days.

India is a dangerous place and I would advise Amir to leave India before its too late

Geez it is so easy to build an agenda online against anyone these days.

India is a dangerous place and I would advise Amir to leave India before its too late

And you know that because you have traveled to India or read any news from Mumbai which says Amir could be in danger?

Seeing the title of the film million's of Indian's will see something anti Sikh about it. Thing is actors in India have no freedom to express their political views unless they are pro government, RSS and Modi. As for Amir Khan even if deep down he hates India and his film is banned he should have enough money to live his life comfortably. He may one day be chucked out of the country and everything he has seized too:inzi2

Is pouring Milk on Lord Shiva an asbolute must for hinduism? Does it make one a non Hindu if they dont do it and give the milk away to the poor? Is this practice mandated by hindu scriptures?

The same argument can be made for Amir Khan why he visited Haj as well. I mean those travel tickets could be used to feed quiet a few poor families because Amir doesn’t fly economy or live in a budget motel I would assume.

Now I know the age old argument but this is mandatory in Islam, well by the same argument the custom of pouring milk has been going on before the birth of most modern day religions and people do that custom out of their own free will and part of their spiritual practices. No one is forced into it.

So it’s none of Amir Khan’s business to tell Hindus what they should do for their spiritual practices or with their money.

If he was an atheist who doesn’t believe in any age old customs or traditions and applied that to himself, I don’t think people would have cared. This feed a poor person instead of practicing your religion argument is not something invented by Amir Khan.

Paresh rawal and akshay kumar made that movie OMG, but they didnt face the same backlash on the milk thing that Amir has got.

So by now you should accept it has become a muslim vs hindu thing

But reasons for targetting Aamir and SRK is obvious, others are being trolled for different reasons.

Even Akshay Kumar asked to not pour milk in temples in the past....but he didn't get any backlash, I guess the 'Khan' name triggers some extra reaction

Yes doing abhishek of Lord Shiva is mandated for his worship. And even if its not Aamir Khan cannot tell anyone how they should worship and pray in a temple or mosque or church or gurudwara or inside their homes. Its none of his business and as a non hindu he should not even be talking about it.

Even Akshay Kumar asked to not pour milk in temples in the past....but he didn't get any backlash, I guess the 'Khan' name triggers some extra reaction

Akshay Kumar's film Raksha Bandhan is also getting boycott calls.

Ofcourse a non hindu telling a hindu how to worship or not worship his gods will have extra reaction.

Aamir Khan has ****** off multiple communities across the country. He must remember that unlike film makers who dance to his tunes, the rest of the country may not.

You have to be a really special case if you think boycotting anything will make a difference. If the movie is bad it will flop if the movie is good it will make decent money, but alas sheep will be sheep.

Yes doing abhishek of Lord Shiva is mandated for his worship. And even if its not Aamir Khan cannot tell anyone how they should worship and pray in a temple or mosque or church or gurudwara or inside their homes. Its none of his business and as a non hindu he should not even be talking about it.

Muslims eat halal cow meat
Shouldnt be npn of the business of hindus and hinduism pro govt on what people eat.

The thing is, you allow one group to do ajything they want while others are lashed for it.

Milk os a commodity that gets wasted when its poured down on a rock. And forget amir, akshay and paresh rawal stared in a movie called omg where ghey talked against this practise

Muslims eat halal cow meat
Shouldnt be npn of the business of hindus and hinduism pro govt on what people eat.

The thing is, you allow one group to do ajything they want while others are lashed for it.

Milk os a commodity that gets wasted when its poured down on a rock. And forget amir, akshay and paresh rawal stared in a movie called omg where ghey talked against this practise

Is cow meat eating a religious act? If not then why the comparison? Oh you want to throw insults at a hindu on a Pakistani forum.

I don't see what the fuss is all about, really. A boycott is a form of peaceful protest that everyone is entitled to.

For all you know, all these boycott calls may actually give more publicity to the movie, making people watch it in greater numbers. It may well be a blockbuster hit.

its strange there are those criticizing Amir khan for telling Hindus what to do in their religion but it seems like they are the same people who fully supported Hindu judges who decided whether Hijab should be worn or not by Muslim women in their country.

Hypocrisy much?

I think both should not be done, as a matter of personal opinion. Amir Khan should not speak about it and neither should the matter of hijab go to Indian courts. In a democracy, there should be separation of church and state and freedom of religion.

Amir Khan should have called their bluff by saying that people are free to decide what they want to do with their money and left it there.

I agree. If Hindus need Bangla and Sri Lankan heroes let them choose as they wish.

This begging is drama, AK and Production team planned to get more publicity.

Nothing will happen and no one will stop a good move.
This is new trend in Bollywood, every Bollywood movie is trending with Boycott tags not just AK movie.
AK need tos top giving lectures about Hindu religion and focus on his moves, this stupid deserves this.

Don't take twitter warriors seriously, total Indian twitter users are 2cr.
Not even 30% of total twitter users watch Lollywood movies, their impact is negligible.

Amir Khan did it again.

Forrest Gump remake Lal Singh Chadda is a masterpiece.
Earth shattering openings everywhere...Potential 1000 Cr movie at the boxoffice.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Forrest Gump fits in the US Army because the US was recruiting low IQ men to meet requirements for the Vietnam War. This movie is total disgrace to India Armed Forces Indian Army and Sikhs !!Disrespectful. Disgraceful. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BoycottLalSinghChadda?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BoycottLalSinghChadda</a> <a href="https://t.co/B8P2pKjCEs">pic.twitter.com/B8P2pKjCEs</a></p>— Monty Panesar (@MontyPanesar) <a href="https://twitter.com/MontyPanesar/status/1557431878562488321?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Aamir plays a ***** in Lal Singh Chadda ....... <br>Forrest Gump was a ***** too !! <br>Disrespectful. Disgraceful.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BoycottLalSinghChadda?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BoycottLalSinghChadda</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BoycottLaalsingh?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BoycottLaalsingh</a> <a href="https://t.co/hpq8qvpbdi">pic.twitter.com/hpq8qvpbdi</a></p>— Monty Panesar (@MontyPanesar) <a href="https://twitter.com/MontyPanesar/status/1557437610922057728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Muslims always want to undermine Sikhs. Boycott this movie <a href="https://t.co/pUp2c1MkPt">pic.twitter.com/pUp2c1MkPt</a></p>— Monty Panesar (@MontyPanesar) <a href="https://twitter.com/MontyPanesar/status/1557464622654947328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This guy gave fitting response to the biased NDTV anchor

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Forrest Gump fits in the US Army because the US was recruiting low IQ men to meet requirements for the Vietnam War. This movie is total disgrace to India Armed Forces Indian Army and Sikhs !!Disrespectful. Disgraceful. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BoycottLalSinghChadda?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BoycottLalSinghChadda</a> <a href="https://t.co/B8P2pKjCEs">pic.twitter.com/B8P2pKjCEs</a></p>— Monty Panesar (@MontyPanesar) <a href="https://twitter.com/MontyPanesar/status/1557431878562488321?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Aamir plays a ***** in Lal Singh Chadda ....... <br>Forrest Gump was a ***** too !! <br>Disrespectful. Disgraceful.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BoycottLalSinghChadda?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BoycottLalSinghChadda</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BoycottLaalsingh?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BoycottLaalsingh</a> <a href="https://t.co/hpq8qvpbdi">pic.twitter.com/hpq8qvpbdi</a></p>— Monty Panesar (@MontyPanesar) <a href="https://twitter.com/MontyPanesar/status/1557437610922057728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Muslims always want to undermine Sikhs. Boycott this movie <a href="https://t.co/pUp2c1MkPt">pic.twitter.com/pUp2c1MkPt</a></p>— Monty Panesar (@MontyPanesar) <a href="https://twitter.com/MontyPanesar/status/1557464622654947328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WTH happened to Monty?? The movie has opened to poor reviews.

This whole situation is hilarious. Can we call this Movie Jihad at this point? I hope Indians never change the social media outrage habit.

Amir Khan is for sure Atheist and through his films he wants to show the futility of worshipping an unseen God. I am sure in his heart he wants to insult Islam too, but he does not have the guts to do it.

There were calls for banning Dangal too when it was released, but the film became super hit.

Bottom line is, if the content is good, the movie will succeed. Otherwise, it will be a flop. Twitter is not going to decide the fate of the movie.

This whole situation is hilarious. Can we call this Movie Jihad at this point? I hope Indians never change the social media outrage habit.

Yes we have a lot of things to rage about. Advantage of living in a country like India. So many topics to pick from.

It gives you a good stress buster too as once I am assuming there probably don’t have much to rage on in Pakistan or there isn’t much happening outside of the usual politics and religious stuff.

I would say your welcome.

I am only pointing this out because you seem to have a specific interest in Indian related topics from my observation outside of the usual Imran Khan related discussions.

Last edited:
Yes we have a lot of things to rage about. Advantage of living in a country like India. So many topics to pick from.

It gives you a good stress buster too as once I am assuming there probably don’t have much to rage on in Pakistan or there isn’t much happening outside of the usual politics and religious stuff.

Weird comment. How can I not click on a thread about an actor begging for his movie not to be boycotted by random folks on Twitter? This is the first time I'm seeing something like this happen on such a large scale.

I am only pointing this out because you seem to have a specific interest in Indian related topics from my observation outside of the usual Imran Khan related discussions.

Rest easy in knowing that I have no interest in India whatsoever. Something like this could be happening in Nigeria and I would give it a click because it's funny seeing absolute zombies go at each other on Twitter. It's not as deep as you think it is.

I'll comment more on these types of topics if you want. You seem to care enough about my comments to know my posting trends so I thought I'd do you a favor.

British banned the concept of satti where the widows in india were lit on fire. Now will extremist hindus start boycotting british for this or anyone talking against it?

Is cow meat eating a religious act? If not then why the comparison? Oh you want to throw insults at a hindu on a Pakistani forum.

Its not a religious act, because than it would be illogical.

However, Muslims are allowed to eat cow while Hindus are not. Yet Hindus dont allow Muslims eat cow which should be non of the business of hindus shouldn't it be?

You want Muslims not to eat cow meat and than when at the same time when a hindu pours out milk on a rock and gets called out, you have an issue why is the person calling out on it.

You dont see your own hypocrisy here

its strange there are those criticizing Amir khan for telling Hindus what to do in their religion but it seems like they are the same people who fully supported Hindu judges who decided whether Hijab should be worn or not by Muslim women in their country.

Hypocrisy much?

I think both should not be done, as a matter of personal opinion. Amir Khan should not speak about it and neither should the matter of hijab go to Indian courts. In a democracy, there should be separation of church and state and freedom of religion.

exactly.

But its like the extremist hindus want to put conditions and dictate the lives of people belonging to other religion, but if someone says anything to them regarding pouring down milk that flows into the gutters(where poor people try to extract anything drinkable out of it) than there is an outrage and a cancel culture.

Not once have I seen joshilla here say that oh if muslims eat cow let them eat it and hindus who dont eat it should mind their own business. Each groups do mind hteir own business when they live outside of India dont they?

exactly.

But its like the extremist hindus want to put conditions and dictate the lives of people belonging to other religion, but if someone says anything to them regarding pouring down milk that flows into the gutters(where poor people try to extract anything drinkable out of it) than there is an outrage and a cancel culture.

Not once have I seen joshilla here say that oh if muslims eat cow let them eat it and hindus who dont eat it should mind their own business. Each groups do mind hteir own business when they live outside of India dont they?

Its not as simple as you are saying. Cow is an elevated animal in Hinduism. It is given the status of a mother. When these animals are slaughtered, it hurts their sentiments just like when someone insults Islam, Muslims sentiments are hurt.

Its not as simple as you are saying. Cow is an elevated animal in Hinduism. It is given the status of a mother. When these animals are slaughtered, it hurts their sentiments just like when someone insults Islam, Muslims sentiments are hurt.

sure, and the hindus shouldn't eat cow. But its not a mother for Muslims or any other people of other religion. So why should Muslims be forced to follow a rule that is not related to them?

There is always something which other religion doesnt approve of, you dont end up banning it for everyone.

If a cow being slaughtered hurts the sentiments of Hindus soo much than why dont Hindus place ban on American fastfood corporations that slaughter cows in USA. They might not be giving out a mcbeef in India, but they are still slaughtering the Gao Matta in USA and insulting the sentiments. Or is it that only cows in India have status of Mother while across the globe they are just cows?

I find the sentiments being hurt part very interesting that indian hindus would still go to UAE or Western countries for a job where they know the cow would be slaughtered and the sentiments would be hurt.

Muslims are not allowed to drink Alcahol, yet the govt of Pakistan doesnt force this ban on non muslims and infact gives non Muslims permit to buy and consumer alcahol easily.
Do Pakistani Muslims not get bothered by it? Maybe yes, but the thing is they learn to mind their own business.

exactly.

Firstly do you even know why cows are considered holy? Maybe for you history started after Bin Qasim or whatever but india or Indus valley civilization was primarily an agrarian society. Agrarian society means farming, dairy etc.

So eating cow is like eating your house pet dog, cat etc because it is serving you all its life.

That’s the essence of it.

In fact I know a few Pakistanis from the Punjab side who eat beef but they have told me that they have a tradition of not cooking beef in their home kitchen especially in their villages. They cook it outside. Any way that’s third party info so you can debate that.

Similarly I see a lot of Brit Pakistanis say cow dung etc jibes and urban Indians getting offended but look at any Indian or Pakistani villages, they use those dried cow dung as fuel or as natural thermostat. I have seen images of Pakistani villages and they look no different from Indian villages.

You seem to be confused between eating beef which no one has a problem with and taunting the other guy with shoving beef in his face and provoking him.

Anyway that’s off tangent. On topic though, if PK a movie made primarily mocking Hindu traditions is made a hit by majority Hindus then one should not complain about bigotry when they chose not to watch his movie. If Amir Khan has freedom of speech than audience who spend money have the right to watch what they can relate to. If you feel bad for him why don’t you give him some money, I am sure that will add to the millions that he has made in India.

Its not a religious act, because than it would be illogical.

However, Muslims are allowed to eat cow while Hindus are not. Yet Hindus dont allow Muslims eat cow which should be non of the business of hindus shouldn't it be?

You want Muslims not to eat cow meat and than when at the same time when a hindu pours out milk on a rock and gets called out, you have an issue why is the person calling out on it.

You dont see your own hypocrisy here

Muslims are also allowed to take Jaziya from non muslims. Should we start paying them taxes?

Cow is a protected animal in India. It a religious animal in India. Eating cow is not a requirement in Islam that is being stopped.

Just FYI, cow slaughter is prohibited. You can import cow meat and eat.

No one is telling muslims how they should pray inside a mosque.

Muslims are also allowed to take Jaziya from non muslims. Should we start paying them taxes?

Cow is a protected animal in India. It a religious animal in India. Eating cow is not a requirement in Islam that is being stopped.

Yes you are just telling them how to get divorced.
This is what is scary , the UCC by BJP will be a bias reform as expected where case will be made for banning cow meat I can see it now it wont be uniform by HCC.

Weird comment. How can I not click on a thread about an actor begging for his movie not to be boycotted by random folks on Twitter? This is the first time I'm seeing something like this happen on such a large scale.

Rest easy in knowing that I have no interest in India whatsoever. Something like this could be happening in Nigeria and I would give it a click because it's funny seeing absolute zombies go at each other on Twitter. It's not as deep as you think it is.

I'll comment more on these types of topics if you want. You seem to care enough about my comments to know my posting trends so I thought I'd do you a favor.

Lol it’s not weird. Your extra enthusiasm is not lost on people on such topics but more power to you, it’s your choice.

Anyways people are boycotting a movie which they spend their personal money on. It’s not an obligation to pay someone because they made a movie. I know it’s probably a complicated theory when you don’t live in a culture or country where movies and cinema are not a huge part of your culture or daily life, so it probably feels weird just like it is for us when we see how a Democratically elected govt can be removed by an army etc or many other such things that happen in Pakistan.

Firstly do you even know why cows are considered holy? Maybe for you history started after Bin Qasim or whatever but india or Indus valley civilization was primarily an agrarian society. Agrarian society means farming, dairy etc.

So eating cow is like eating your house pet dog, cat etc because it is serving you all its life.

That’s the essence of it.

In fact I know a few Pakistanis from the Punjab side who eat beef but they have told me that they have a tradition of not cooking beef in their home kitchen especially in their villages. They cook it outside. Any way that’s third party info so you can debate that.

Similarly I see a lot of Brit Pakistanis say cow dung etc jibes and urban Indians getting offended but look at any Indian or Pakistani villages, they use those dried cow dung as fuel or as natural thermostat. I have seen images of Pakistani villages and they look no different from Indian villages.

You seem to be confused between eating beef which no one has a problem with and taunting the other guy with shoving beef in his face and provoking him.

Anyway that’s off tangent. On topic though, if PK a movie made primarily mocking Hindu traditions is made a hit by majority Hindus then one should not complain about bigotry when they chose not to watch his movie. If Amir Khan has freedom of speech than audience who spend money have the right to watch what they can relate to. If you feel bad for him why don’t you give him some money, I am sure that will add to the millions that he has made in India.
i dont know why you bought bin qasim into this. Again, if Hindus find cows as the holy mother, good for them. Why should this be shoved down on Muslims?

This is not off the tangent, [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] said in post no.50 that " Its none of his business and as a non hindu he should not even be talking about it."

So its ok for Hindu extremist law makers to not allow muslims eat beef because it hurts the hindu sentiments, but at the same time if someone else raises a question milk wastage than it becomes a question of non off their business?

Where is the secularism?

Does secularism mean that place ban on muslims while hindus can do whatever they want and if question they should be boycotted?

Your not cooking beef inside home is just bogus. If someone in Punjab does it that doesnt mean everyone does this here. People cant afford two kitchens in this country just to cook beef outside of their homes.

OMG was a movie where a Hindu called paresh rawal who belongs to BJP party says not to waste milk by pouring it on shivling but to give it to poor instead. Yet no boycott against Paresh Rawal? Even though he is in BJP

Muslims cannot slaughter a cow because another group is sentimental about it. Yet when it comes to pouring down milk to the gutter your response is others should mind their own business.

So is India secular or only for Hindus?

sure, and the hindus shouldn't eat cow. But its not a mother for Muslims or any other people of other religion. So why should Muslims be forced to follow a rule that is not related to them?

There is always something which other religion doesnt approve of, you dont end up banning it for everyone.

If a cow being slaughtered hurts the sentiments of Hindus soo much than why dont Hindus place ban on American fastfood corporations that slaughter cows in USA. They might not be giving out a mcbeef in India, but they are still slaughtering the Gao Matta in USA and insulting the sentiments. Or is it that only cows in India have status of Mother while across the globe they are just cows?

I find the sentiments being hurt part very interesting that indian hindus would still go to UAE or Western countries for a job where they know the cow would be slaughtered and the sentiments would be hurt.

Muslims are not allowed to drink Alcahol, yet the govt of Pakistan doesnt force this ban on non muslims and infact gives non Muslims permit to buy and consumer alcahol easily.
Do Pakistani Muslims not get bothered by it? Maybe yes, but the thing is they learn to mind their own business.

Would you be okay if someone insults Islamic Prophet or Mother Aisha? I know they are holy to Muslims. But for non-muslims they are just people.

Back