Afghanistan (159/6) secure an easy win against New Zealand (75) by 85 runs in ICC T20 World Cup 2024

How can be this loser Kane Williamson is the captain of t20i team.
Surely there are many better T20 players than this loser.

Brother you haven't played cricket before have you? Batting time means plenty. Just look at how they team has played. This is a team who hasn't played cricket together in months.
In 2021 Australia said the same . Watson said. But they went on to win the world T20. Most teams don't play together. Only team plays together these days is Pakistan. England to some extent as they have an unique team for T20. Others have test players.

Watching it live ball by ball. Chapman had game time. Mitchell had game time.
Conway, Finn and Kane didn't. That's our top order.

Then there's the bowling and fielding which was a mess. Something you never say about a NZ team.

Afghanistan team is much better than Pakistan team
Full of passion as well.

In 2021 Australia said the same . Watson said. But they went on to win the world T20. Most teams don't play together. Only team plays together these days is Pakistan. England to some extent as they have an unique team for T20. Others have test players.
Are you seriously going to pretend like we don't look undercooked out there. Jesus. Get off CI and watch the match.

Are you seriously going to pretend like we don't look undercooked out there. Jesus. Get off CI and watch the match.
Mark chapman trhrashed Pakistan bowling all over lol You are saying he is not struggling here?

Give some credit to Afghanistan's superior bowling in these conditions instead of redirecting to lack of game time. Mitchell played the entire IPL. He couldn't do anything here either.

Goes to show how trash Pakistan truly is, Chapman can't even read Afghanistan spinners and he soloed Pakistan last time smh.

I said last year that Afghanistan is currently the 2nd best Asian limited over cricket team after India.

Ah well.

Atleast we're bombing out of the most forgettable WC.

Goes to show how trash Pakistan truly is, Chapman can't even read Afghanistan spinners and he soloed Pakistan last time smh.

Same 159 Pakistan could not defend against USA. Afghanistan is bossing a top team like NZ defending 159. Over a period myth has been created that Pakistan is a great bowling powerhouse that they can defend anything.

They don't even have one of their best bowler Mujeeb in this team. He is out with injury. Imagine him also playing here.

It seems like new Zealand will give company to Pakistan at the airport.

Give some credit to Afghanistan's superior bowling in these conditions instead of redirecting to lack of game time. Mitchell played the entire IPL. He couldn't do anything here either.
Dude well played to Afghanistan but if we weren't undercooked, we win this game. Man for man we have a better team.

Wow nz 7 down.they are doing the same thing what aus did in its first match in 2022 t20wc.Aus lost by huge margin instead of reducing the loosing margin and getting knocked out on run rate.

Dude well played to Afghanistan but if we weren't undercooked, we win this game. Man for man we have a better team.
Entier South African team had game time in IPL. What did they do. They were huffing and puffing against Srilanka

Same 159 Pakistan could not defend against USA. Afghanistan is bossing a top team like NZ defending 159. Over a period myth has been created that Pakistan is a great bowling powerhouse that they can defend anything.
It wasn’t a myth, pakistan bowling had done it day in and day out but somebody who’s been following Pakistan cricket for past year and a half would know that Pak bowlers are not only unfit and out of rhythm but lack variety to succeed in modern cricket.

It wasn’t a myth, pakistan bowling had done it day in and day out but somebody who’s been following Pakistan cricket for past year and a half would know that Pak bowlers are not only unfit and out of rhythm but lack variety to succeed in modern cricket.
THey failed in WC2022 as well on a lot juicy track. They got creamed in World cup 2023 as well. They occasionally defend totals with crazy opening spell. That gets extrapolated.

Massively low scoring games. We kinda expected. But not as bad as this. If you don't go with right combination you won't be able to exploit these pitches.

It seems like new Zealand will give company to Pakistan at the airport.
Hopefully we have WI next. Don't really want to be forced to follow these games. Zero interest in this WC, like NZC it seems.

Loving these low scoring games. Good to see good contest between ball and bat.

Indian pitches are disgrace for cricket.

The thing about Afghan attack is their seamers are also decent. Fazal has taken 8 wickets so far in 2 games.

The afghans play fearless cricket and whatever they lack in skills they make it up with courage.

Fortunate favors the brave, for a reason.

Loving these low scoring games. Good to see good contest between ball and bat.

Indian pitches are disgrace for cricket.
It is more bowler friendly especially spin friendly. But it is an open secret guyana is a spin track.

Lmao.we have WI on Thursday.

GG.

Would be a miracle if we find form before playing the WI.

India played two matches here last year. Match which India played Kuldeep they won. One that they rested they lost by 2 wickets in a nail biter. SKY played superbly though made 44 ball 84 runs here.

THey failed in WC2022 as well on a lot juicy track. They got creamed in World cup 2023 as well. They occasionally defend totals with crazy opening spell. That gets extrapolated.
I think in WC 2022 they did fine, batting let Pakistan down. Overall like I said this bowling lacks fitness and variety required to succeed in modern day cricket.

I think in WC 2022 they did fine, batting let Pakistan down. Overall like I said this bowling lacks fitness and variety required to succeed in modern day cricket.

Not this sattack. Pakistan attack was really potent when they had Gul complemented by Afridi in middle overs. Ever since they lost spin option they have been benign.

This team doesn't look like they know how to play cricket.
WI doesn't have remotely close to this kind of bowling attack. Akeil hosein is the only threat. Even he can't bowl as well as Afghans. You can dismantle them.

WI doesn't have remotely close to this kind of bowling attack. Akeil hosein is the only threat. Even he can't bowl as well as Afghans. You can dismantle them.
Not about opposition. It's about our form. We look so lost in all departments.

Any decent team will be like a top team in this form.

If we have WI next, we're crashing out.

Team hasn't played in months and looks lost out there.

Distratious planning from NZC.

I guess if we're going to fail in a WC I'm glad it's this one.
You're team is just not good enough. You can't win with Conway, Will , Bracewell in Top 7. And that bowling attack is not particularly great either.

Not about opposition. It's about our forn.

Any decent team will be like a top team in this form.
You should be fine. Take it from me. NZ will trounce them comprehensively. You are meeting Afghanistan at the worst possible venue. Even India would have struggled here.

You're team is just not good enough. You can't win with Conway, Will , Bracewell in Top 7. And that bowling attack is not particularly great either.
Conway and Williamson haven't played in months. Can't blame them.

You should be fine. Take it from me. NZ will trounce them comprehensively. You are meeting Afghanistan at the worst possible venue. Even India would have struggled here.
Nah we show up like this and WI will smash us. Part of me hopes it happens because really not feeling this WC. From the pitches and dead vibe. If we're going to bomb out, this is the WC.

Williamson is not a T20 player. Not sure why he is still being picked. Should have been Rachin.
Golden boy of NZC.

Rachin should be the first name on the list given he actually has some match time out of the top order batsmen.

They have sucked for 3 years. Both Strike at 119/120. That is just mediocre.

Bracewell is similar
I'm being realistic, they won't be dropped.

Haven't blooded in their replacements and Kane won't be dropped because the selectors don't have the balls.

Haven't blooded in their replacements and Kane won't be dropped because the selectors don't have the balls.
Finn ALlen was the form player. But not sure how he can play on these kind of wickets. I think he will come good in the next match. They should replace conway with Rachin who can bowl as well on these wickets. You can drop Bracewell who bowls harmlessly even on this wicket.

Afghanistan steamrolling Kiwis here. They are not a minnow anymore in T20’s. They have brilliant bowling attack with 3 world class spinners and 2 very good bowlers in Fazal and Naveen. Their batting is still their weak compared to their bowling. But good enough to score some decent runs.

Pakistan and Afghanistan are at the same level overall. On current form, Afg is better than Pak.

Afghanistan steamrolling Kiwis here. They are not a minnow anymore in T20’s. They have brilliant bowling attack with 3 world class spinners and 2 very good bowlers in Fazal and Naveen. Their batting is still their weak compared to their bowling. But good enough to score some decent runs.

Pakistan and Afghanistan are at the same level overall. On current form, Afg is better than Pak.
I'll give Aghanistan credit when they beat a proper NZ team with their ability and not us being undercooked. It'll happen one day but it wasn't today. Afghani fans will probably feel the same. Will want a win without an asterix.

All said and done. This is a horrible pitch even by Guyana standard.

I have seen similar decks. Afghans are just damn good on such surfaces.

And NZ is just overrated. Rachin was a revelation and saved them in the last World Cup.

They needed to freshen this squad up. I mentioned in PAK-NZ series . They needed Seifert, Robinson , O Rourke ahead of KW, Conway and Southee

And NZ is just overrated. Rachin was a revelation and saved them in the last World Cup.

They needed to freshen this squad up. I mentioned in PAK-NZ series . They needed Seifert, Robinson , O Rourke ahead of KW, Conway and Southee
Not picking Rachin and Sodhi on this known spinning track was a cardinal sin. Why do you need Henry here lol This is not Newlands

Yes, so NZ deserve this . You can't win with such conservative players.

You were right, but tbf no one expected this from NZ.

These players aren't that freaking bad. But today they played as if they've never held a cricket bat in their life

Afghanistan and USA might just be the first teams to enter into super 8's.

Who would have thought these 2 would the first lol

Not picking Rachin and Sodhi on this known spinning track was a cardinal sin. Why do you need Henry here lol This is not Newlands

Henry was fine. You need a new ball partner. But Bracewell ? Goodness. Adds nothing with bat or ball.

Problem is the captain. Shouldn't make the lineup ahead of Rachin.

Then this lineup can be constructed differently

Afghanistan and USA might just be the first teams to enter into super 8's.

Who would have thought these 2 would the first lol
At this point would be better to have your team miss out then have to watch the rest of this tournament.

The only real T20 players in the kiwis team that played today are Finn and Mitchell. Both were out cheaply and the rest are not good enough.

At this point would be better to have your team miss out then have to watch the rest of this tournament.
My team is Australia, always has been and always will be.

But I am upset cause NZ is a team I root for usually as their neighbours lol.

You were right, but tbf no one expected this from NZ.

These players aren't that freaking bad. But today they played as if they've never held a cricket bat in their life

Conway and Williamson stifles that lineup. Last World T20, NZ lost to England and semifinal against PAK because of some shockingly poor batting by this duo. Only match they won was against Australia when Finn Allen gave a very strong start.

The only real T20 players in the kiwis team that played today are Finn and Mitchell. Both were out cheaply and the rest are not good enough.
Even Mitchell is not a good player on turning track. He struggled in the IPL as well. Chapman is a good player. But failed against most teams except Pakistan. Philips sis a good player. Rachin should always be playing for htem.

Back