Afghanistan (98/4) defeat Pakistan (92/9) by 6 wickets in the 1st T20I in Sharjah

Afghanistan beat Pakistan for the first time in T20Is - guess this had to happen given the inexperience of our side.

JozjB52.png

Every game pak lost is because of Babar and Rizwan and every game pak won is because of other 9 players. That’s how anti rizbab brigade think

Every game pak lost is because of Babar and Rizwan and every game pak won is because of other 9 players. That’s how anti rizbab brigade think

No they played well in one match against New Zealand apart from that it was pretty much a failure in the World Cup in the group stages they relied heavily on other batsmen.

This is an experiment series with some inexperienced batsmen let them play the pitches are not good which isn’t making it any easier.

Lost to Zim with Babar and Rizwan. Thought on that?

Reached the final of that same tournament.

Chased 200+ twice with Babar scoring a 100 twice.

Reached the 2021 WC semis with those two being the top scorers of the tournament.

Beat India for the 1st time in a WC game, a feat not even our legends could achieve in their best days.

But yeah, we lost to Zimbabwe once so they should be removed so that useless, overweight, hacks and fixers can come back and take us back to glory days.

Happy for afghanistan finally beating us.

Well deserved my afghani bros. May many more wins come along the way

If tailenders like Haris & Ayub are the future might aswell stick with Babars & Ifty’s.. at least the 90 would have been 125

Only t20 wc is important or the matches leading to the t20 wc , these t20 series should be used to test fringe players. No need to play full strength in each and every series.

Saim, Haris, Ihsanullah, etc.. should get a long run.

However, there is no reason for the likes of Azam, Imad, Faheem, Shan to ever play for Pakistan.

They basically keep playing because of some nepotistic reason, or some paid agenda fueled by a certain section of the media.

The young guns need to be guided by the best. Babar and Rizwan should play to get the best out of our future stars.

A number of players are missing and the wickets are not T20 type wickets let the young players in the top order play some matches to see how they do.

Writing them off after one game shows how short sighted some Pakistan fans really are.

Rashid Khan: It is always a huge pleasure. So happy that we crossed the line. Happy for the win. Hoping to continue the momentum. Happy with the performances. Proud to be leading this side. You don't know the wicket at Sharjah. We were trying to adjust to the wicket. We were trying to figure out what a good score was. We need to improve the top-order. We need to be much better. We have the ability. We need to play the right shot at the right moment. Need to keep improving day by day.

Shadab Khan: I think we were tactics we were fine. Sometimes these things can happen as we have lot of youngsters in our side. We can't give too many excuses as a professional. This is a different ball game altogether. In the bowling, we had so many positives. Ihsanullah was excellent and Zaman Khan as well. Both were making their debuts and were under pressure. We will give our 100 percent in the next game.

Mohammad Nabi, Player of the Match: Congrats to everyone. Tough to chase in these conditions. As a batting group, my plan was to bat on and take responsibility. Most of the guys are playing in big leagues. Some guys came from the PSL. We wanted to do our best in the series. Sometimes 38 is equivalent to a 100 in conditions like these.

Rahmanullah Gurbaz: Exciting moment for us. Finally we won. It was not easy. Just watch and play according to the plan was the talk from the coach. Nabi is experienced. The way we bowled was amazing and the way we finished as well. Our confidence will get higher. We have to improve our skills.

Reached the final of that same tournament.

Chased 200+ twice with Babar scoring a 100 twice.

Reached the 2021 WC semis with those two being the top scorers of the tournament.

Beat India for the 1st time in a WC game, a feat not even our legends could achieve in their best days.

But yeah, we lost to Zimbabwe once so they should be removed so that useless, overweight, hacks and fixers can come back and take us back to glory days.

Lost to Afghanistan once too, that too without Shaheen and Rauf + 4 debutants.

Why are you so insecure? You afraid Babar and Rizwan will lose their spots to Ayub and Harris?

Why do you support individuals over the team?

Pakistan played a depleted side while Afghans played a full side.

So, this result wasn't surprising.

Pakistan should only make once change and that should be Fahim for Nawaz.

Not a surprising result. Pakistan's U-19 team and A team has been regularly losing to Afghanistan. People in our U19, A team and National Cricket Academy i.e. the coaches really need to be questioned for these results. Too many coaches in our system who don't deserve to hold a job anymore.

Lost to Afghanistan once too, that too without Shaheen and Rauf + 4 debutants.

Why are you so insecure? You afraid Babar and Rizwan will lose their spots to Ayub and Harris?

Why do you support individuals over the team?

This is the first official international game we lost against Afghanistan. I don't know what you have been smoking.

Read my post before replying. As I said, Saim and Haris and the rest of the young guns need to be given a long run.

However, they need to play alongside Babar instead of toxic and selfish individuals like Imad to get the best out of their talent.

We all saw how good they were under Babar's leadership during the PSL.

No idea where you came up with this insecurity nonsense.

This is the first official international game we lost against Afghanistan. I don't know what you have been smoking.

Read my post before replying. As I said, Saim and Haris and the rest of the young guns need to be given a long run.

However, they need to play alongside Babar instead of toxic and selfish individuals like Imad to get the best out of their talent.

To be honest, in the last 5 years, almost every single match Played between Pakistan and Afghanistan was won by Pakistan in a very lucky, undeserving manner. And also, Afghanistan did beat Pakistan in an international ODI around 2019, which was a 2019 World Cup warm up.

This was a Pakistan B team, no need to over analyse this and that.

Its just one game. Seriously. Its ridiculous to say 'drop this guy, bring this other player back' after one game!

You clearly misunderstood the first line of my post, you said “we lost to Zimbabwe once” as if it wasn’t a big deal but you’re crying after 1 loss to Afghanistan with a second string team…that’s what happens when you support individuals over the team.

No, they don’t need to play alongside Rizwan and Babar in T20’s, in the longer formats then sure.

LOL @ under Babar’s leadership as if they weren’t doing well in domestic level.

Stop making Babar look like he’s some kind of genius who discovered these players.

You and your fan club were doing bhangra when these youngsters were getting out, just because Babar and Rizwan were dropped. If that’s not being insecure then idk what is.

SHARJAH, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Afghanistan defeated Pakistan in a Twenty20 for the first time on Friday after the latter was restricted to 92-9.

Pakistan, without five rested frontline players including captain Babar Azam, struggled on a slow and low pitch at Sharjah Cricket Stadium against the Afghans, whose six bowlers shared all nine wickets.

Afghanistan overcame falling to 45-4 in the 10th over to cruise home at 98-4 and win by six wickets with more than two overs to spare.

Mohammad Nabi raised Afghanistan's first victory over Pakistan in five attempts over the past decade with a straight six over long off.

“Pleasure to win, as we’ve always lost against them by small margins,” Afghanistan skipper Rashid Khan said. “Wearing Afghanistan colors and leading the team in a win is a proud achievement. We never know the wicket . . . (but the) mindset was . . . to adjust accordingly.”

Afghanistan has a chance at a first series win in the remaining two T20s on Sunday and Monday.

None of the Pakistan batters could accelerate on a two-paced pitch and mostly fell to soft dismissals.

In the absence of formidable openers Babar and Mohammad Rizwan, replacements Saim Ayub and Mohammad Haris couldn’t gauge the low bounce and fell within the batting powerplay while attempting extravagant shots.

Abdullah Shafique was pinned by Azmatullah Omarzai for 0 and Tayyab Tahir, one of four making their Pakistan debut, lobbed a return catch to Rashid Khan.

When Azam Khan was also out for a duck on debut, Pakistan was 41-5 in the eighth over.

Pakistan was in danger of its lowest T20 total of 74 in 2012 against Australia at Dubai but Imad Wasim top-scored with 18.

“Sometimes this can happen due to youngsters being nervous, but they need to be given chances,” interim captain Shadab Khan said. “As professionals, we can’t give excuses regarding conditions, we have to learn from the loss here.”

Unorthodox spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman took 2-9 and Fazalhaq Farooqi 2-13.

Pakistan fast bowling debutant Ihsanullah got two wickets in his first over with short-pitched deliveries.

Afghanistan was soon four down, but Nabi, 38 not out, and Najibullah Zadran, 17 not out, got them over the finish line.

Ihsanullah finished with 2-17.

AP

The myth of too much talent in the country busted for 103rd time, next game is do or die

How does it feel like me not being toxic for once and actually supporting our team on the match thread?

I’ve missed this feeling. May Allah always allow this kind of team selection. Could care less if we are 50 all out every time if we do the right thing for team balance and combination

How does it feel like me not being toxic for once and actually supporting our team on the match thread?

I’ve missed this feeling. May Allah always allow this kind of team selection. Could care less if we are 50 all out every time if we do the right thing for team balance and combination

Bring Asif Ali in for Tayyab Tahir.
Bring Sharjeel Khan in for Abdullah Shafique.
Bring Fakhar Zaman in for Faheem Ashraf.

1. Fakhar Zaman
2. Saim Ayub
3. Mohammad Haris
4. Sharjeel Khan
5. Azam Khan
6. Asif Ali
7. Imad Wasim
8. Shadab Khan
9. Zaman Khan
10. Naseem Shah
11. Ihsanullah

Highlights of the 1st game - not great viewing for Pakistan fans.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aLUJuUjQoQ0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back