Alvin Kallicharran interested in becoming Pakistan’s batting coach

Red Devil

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Alvin Kallicharran interested in becoming Pakistan’s batting coach

Kallicharran, who was in Pakistan recently as the coach for the International World XI, said he would definitely consider the position of batting coach of the national team if the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) made an offer.

Pakistan’s recent batting failures at the World Twenty20 tournament have forced the country’s cricket board to search for a full-time batting coach.

The International World XI played two exhibition Twenty20 matches in Karachi, which marked the return of international cricket to Pakistan which had been suspended since the 2009 attacks on the Sri Lanka team in Lahore.

The 63-year old added that Pakistan was ready to host internationals once again and praised the security arrangements.

Kallicharran made more than 4000 runs for West Indies during his playing career.

http://dawn.com/2012/10/23/kallicharran-open-to-possibility-of-coaching-pakistan/

Would be an amazing addition to the team management. Have worked with him in the past and is fantastic. His record speaks for itself and he has lots of experience coaching at all levels

I dont know what are his credibilities as a coach, but he was one good batsman back in his days.

Well, good cricketers necessarily don't become good coaches they say...but this is a good candidate we have got on the list now

I rather get a younger coach in tbh, without knocking the old timer too much, someone who can be a bit more hands on and more in tune with the modern game and thinking.

The man "huge" when he toured with the rebel windies to SA. He stayed on afterwards for many years and played for 1 of our provincial teams (Orange Free State methinks, together with Franklyn Stephenson).

Should be a good option!!

He is one of the ex westindian cricketers who needs money badly. My local cricket association (arizona) brought him last year as a chief guest. Next day he was in the ground to teach batting/giving tips. He was charging 30 bucks for 30 mins. We saw him batting, he is still better than many of us when it comes to batting. But whatever the tips he gave us were pretty standard which we have already heard. I am not sure how far he would be helpful to Pakistani batsmen. he is still old school type. that I can say for sure.

He is one of the ex westindian cricketers who needs money badly. My local cricket association (arizona) brought him last year as a chief guest. Next day he was in the ground to teach batting/giving tips. He was charging 30 bucks for 30 mins. We saw him batting, he is still better than many of us when it comes to batting. But whatever the tips he gave us were pretty standard which we have already heard. I am not sure how far he would be helpful to Pakistani batsmen. he is still old school type. that I can say for sure.

This is the truth. Our local cricket league (North Carolina) also set up a similar deal with him this past year. He was obviously an excellent batsman, but I do doubt his ability to coach, especially international players.

Great guy, met him a few times. My best friend's uncle (mom's brother).

We have to see the list of candidates at the disposal of the PCB. We need someone who is ideally recently retired as he can relate better with the players than an old timer.

We have to see the list of candidates at the disposal of the PCB. We need someone who is ideally recently retired as he can relate better with the players than an old timer.
Alvin's knowledge on batting is excellent, and is applicable to any era. I remember him telling me as a kid that if you do the basics right, and condition yourself mentally so that you play with the appropriate temperament, it will serve you well regardless of the match situation or the format being played.

[MENTION=3505]Veteran[/MENTION]

What do you say ?

Vishal Singh has any similarly with Kallicharran ?

505 FC matches OMG.

[MENTION=3505]Veteran[/MENTION]

What do you say ?

Vishal Singh has any similarly with Kallicharran ?

505 FC matches OMG.

He was a good batsman in his time. Left-handed middle order bat. Only saw him once that I can recall. Ir was in Aprill 1977 at Sabina Park. Getting up there in years. Can't see him bringing that much to the table. So far Singh hasn't looked that convincing.

He was a good batsman in his time. Left-handed middle order bat. Only saw him once that I can recall. Ir was in Aprill 1977 at Sabina Park. Getting up there in years. Can't see him bringing that much to the table. So far Singh hasn't looked that convincing.

Thanks.

He needs to improve his game against Pace.

Back