Any wicket keepers out there?

kkmix

ODI Debutant
Runs
I usually have hard time keeping on spinners. :kami. What could I possibly be doing wrong?

Salaam.

Hassan0987 is our main WK, and he has at least a couple of years experience with keeping.
Will ask him to check this thread.

I seriously did not know that you were ALSO a keeper? :kami

While we are at it, in one of the games I was the only slip to one of our ispinners and Hassan was keeping wicket. The batsman tries a sweep shot, hits the back of his bat, the ball hits Hassan in the head and goes up in the air, and I am under it...

One of the weakest fielders in the team, I felt that I had all the time in the world... Caught it!
Half appeal from our team, suddently I shout: "Umpire, bat ko lagga thaaaa!"

The umpire raises his finger :D

Always fun to istand in the islips with Hassan. Once we were playing against a team with English, Australian, etc players. Me and him did SO much isledging in English :))) good times! I think we also got a warning from the umpires? :13:

Last edited:
No wonder your name is :kami :danish :sydney :)) ;-)

Maybe you are not reading the bowler's ball properly when it leaves his hand?

Salaam.

Hassan0987 is our main WK, and he has at least a couple of years experience with keeping.
Will ask him to check this thread.

I seriously did not know that you were ALSO a keeper? :kami

While we are at it, in one of the games I was the only slip to one of our ispinners and Hassan was keeping wicket. The batsman tries a sweep shot, hits the back of his bat, the ball hits Hassan in the head and goes up in the air, and I am under it...

One of the weakest fielders in the team, I felt that I had all the time in the world... Caught it!
Half appeal from our team, suddently I shout: "Umpire, bat ko lagga thaaaa!"

The umpire raises his finger :D

Always fun to istand in the islips with Hassan. Once we were playing against a team with English, Australian, etc players. Me and him did SO much isledging in English :))) good times! I think we also got a warning from the umpires? :13:

lol yeah I am a keeper.

Keeping isn't an easy job like many people think. You need very very quick reflexes coz the ball comes pretty fast, and against spinners, your view is blocked by batsman and the bat. And if you make one mistake, everyone starts shouting.:wasim

lol yeah I am a keeper.

Keeping isn't an easy job like many people think. You need very very quick reflexes coz the ball comes pretty fast, and against spinners, your view is blocked by batsman and the bat. And if you make one mistake, everyone starts shouting.:wasim

Yaar I'm sorry if you felt I was having a go at you, I had no intentions for that it was just a joke :) Didn't knew you took it wrong way bro :)

I probably kept for one over in my childhood and it is very very hard job to do in the field, after that day I did tauba that I will not keep ever! :))

haha no CD, it wasn't directed towards you, I was talking about in general people think keeping is an easy job.

and LOL everyone makes that joke about me :kami ... don't care really. :afridi

haha no CD, it wasn't directed towards you, I was talking about in general people think keeping is an easy job.

and LOL everyone makes that joke about me :kami ... don't care really. :afridi

Ah okay then its all good homie :D

I don't know but as I said I did keeping once (and probably in our outdoor nets for few balls) and my back hurts like crazy!

I feel for you, plus if I'm not mistaken you also open the innings no?

I started the season as an opener ... scored few legendary ducks, after that I dropped down to number 4, and then I scored heavily. Towards the end of the season I opened the inning again and scored 12 and 14. That was it :afridi.

Since we (me) are talking about cricketing istories here, and :kami bro mentioned that people making fun of him being named :kami and keeping like :kami I will tell another one to my brother CD :moyo

In one of my first matches I was wearing my Pakistan shirt with Yousuf 13 on the bat, I was quite a youngster back then and played against some seniors, everyone was saying oofff Yousuf aa ghaya hai offf Yousuf aa ghaya hai...

That was it :moyo

Since we (me) are talking about cricketing istories here, and :kami bro mentioned that people making fun of him being named :kami and keeping like :kami I will tell another one to my brother CD :moyo

In one of my first matches I was wearing my Pakistan shirt with Yousuf 13 on the bat, I was quite a youngster back then and played against some seniors, everyone was saying oofff Yousuf aa ghaya hai offf Yousuf aa ghaya hai...

That was it :moyo

Haha :)) Kya yaar Yousuf Bhai ka moo (face in angrazi) kaala kardiya hai :))

Waisay I do think of getting stylish stickers made of Mohammad Yousuf for my bats :))

You might be getting too low to the ground, this slows down your footwork which makes keeping to spinners VERY difficult. My suggestion would be to try out a new stance:

1) Keep your feet flat on the ground
2) Bend your knees SLIGHTY
3) Instead of bending your knees to get lower to the ground, try bending forward until your gloves touch the ground

It feels a bit strange at first but it's actually the way some of the best keepers position themselves. Watch videos of good keepers and you'll notice this in their stance.

It especially helps in keeping to spinners where you need to move down the legside quickly rather often.

I usually have hard time keeping on spinners. :kami. What could I possibly be doing wrong?

Salaam bhai :)

I am also a keeper and usually I have the same problem against ispinners. Remeber my first season I dropped atleast 5-6 catches behind the istumps, and gave away many byes.

But the main thing to remember is that you always keep your eyes on the ball, no matter what.

Also, to keep low as long as you can, its gives you much more control and balance, for example if you have to dive or take a difficult catch.

Hope this helps you in future ;-) :adnan

Back