Australia tour of the UK 2024 (White-ball series against Scotland and England)

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Australia men's squads for UK Tour

The National Selection Panel (NSP) today confirmed squads for the T20 International and One-Day International Series against Scotland and England. Australia plays three T20 Internationals against Scotland and England followed by five One-Day Internationals against England in the UK in September.

Australian T20 squad:

Mitchell Marsh (Perth Scorchers/Fremantle Cricket Club) (c)
Xavier Bartlett (Brisbane Heat/Gold Coast District Cricket Club)
Cooper Connolly (Perth Scorchers/Scarborough Cricket Club)
Tim David (Hobart Hurricanes/Claremont-Nedlands Cricket Club)
Nathan Ellis (Hobart Hurricanes/Lindisfarne Cricket Club)
Jake Fraser-McGurk (Melbourne Renegades/West Torrens Cricket Club)
Cameron Green (WA/Subiaco-Floreat Cricket Club)
Aaron Hardie (Perth Scorchers/Willetton Cricket Club)
Josh Hazlewood (NSW/St George Cricket Club)
Travis Head (Adelaide Strikers/Tea Tree Gully Cricket Club)
Josh Inglis (Perth Scorchers/Joondalup Cricket Club)
Spencer Johnson (Brisbane Heat/West Torrens Cricket Club)
Marcus Stoinis (Melbourne Stars/Subiaco Floreat Cricket Club)
Adam Zampa (Melbourne Renegades/Sutherland Cricket Club)

Australian ODI squad:

Mitchell Marsh (WA/Fremantle Cricket Club) (c)
Sean Abbott (NSW/Parramatta District Cricket Club)
Alex Carey (SA/Glenelg Cricket Club)
Nathan Ellis (TAS/Lindisfarne Cricket Club)
Jake Fraser-McGurk (SA/West Torrens Cricket Club)
Aaron Hardie (WA/Willetton Cricket Club)
Josh Inglis (WA/Joondalup Cricket Club)
Travis Head (SA/Tea Tree Gully Cricket Club)
Marnus Labuschagne (QLD/Redlands Cricket Club)
Glenn Maxwell (VIC/Fitzroy Doncaster Cricket Club)
Matthew Short (VIC/Northcote Cricket Club)
Steve Smith (NSW/Sutherland Cricket Club)
Mitchell Starc (NSW/Manly Warringah Cricket Club)
Adam Zampa (NSW/Sutherland Cricket Club)

Chair of men's selectors George Bailey said:

"This tour gives us a great opportunity to bring in some new players in the absence of David Warner and Matthew Wade, as well as giving some senior players time to prepare for the home summer and a busy first half of next year.

We are particularly pleased to offer Cooper his first opportunity in the T20 squad having introduced the likes of Jake, Spencer, Xavier, and Aaron in the past 12 months.

They are exciting prospects to join the likes of Cameron Green, Nathan Ellis, and Josh Inglis in the white ball setup.

With the Champions Trophy on our doorstep early next year, the white ball series against Pakistan leading into the summer, and a huge home Test series against India, there has been a lot of planning invested into these next six months.

That has included gradual integration of new players into our white ball squads who have earned international opportunities via excellent form in Big Bash or State cricket."

Fixtures

September 4: First T20I v Scotland, The Grange, Edinburgh

September 6: Second T20I v Scotland, The Grange, Edinburgh

September 7: Third T20I v Scotland, The Grange, Edinburgh

September 11: First T20I v England, Rose Bowl, Southampton

September 13: Second T20I v England, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

September 15: Third T20I v England, Old Trafford Manchester

September 19: First ODI v England, Trent Bridge, Nottingham

September 21: Second ODI v England, Headingley, Leeds

September 24: Third ODI v England, Riverside, Chester-le-Street

September 27: Fourth ODI v England, Lord's, London

September 29: Fifth ODI v England, County Ground, Bristol

Last edited:
The Scotland Men’s squad has been named for the forthcoming T20 international series against Australia

All fifteen players selected for this summer’s ICC Men’s T20 World Cup are available to play during the series, and are joined by recent new caps Charlie Cassell and Jasper Davidson in a seventeen-strong squad.

Scotland will host Australia in three T20 internationals on September 4, 6 & 7 at The Grange. Tickets for all three fixtures are on sale now.

The sides will meet in Edinburgh just three months after their clash in St Lucia at the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, when Australia won a thrilling match by 5 wickets

Doug Watson, Scotland Men’s Head Coach, said:

““I’m hugely excited. It’s a wonderful opportunity to play one of the best teams in the world, and I’m pretty sure that our players won’t need any motivating for this series. It’s a great opportunity for them to share the field with world-class players. They’re wanting to put in some huge performances and compete, and really push this Australia team.

“After coming into the squad at CWCL2 and doing so well, it’ll be great for Jasper and Charlie to have the experience of what it’s like playing against the best, in front of a fairly large crowd.

“I think the key thing is the guys are really competing for places. I’ve got to mention Oli Hairs, who didn’t play at the World Cup, but then made that brilliant 255 for Scotland “A” against Oman. It truly was a fantastic innings, he hit the ball so well, and it was so good to see him at his best.

“The goal for us is to win this series. The first game is really important – if we can win that, it’ll set up the next two matches. The whole week will be brilliant for the squad, staff, supporters, and all of Scotland.”

Scotland Men’s Squad

Richie Berrington (captain)Clydesdale
Charlie CassellForfarshire/Somerset
Matthew CrossHeriots
Bradley CurrieSussex
Jasper DavidsonGrange
Chris GreavesGrange
Oli HairsWatsonian
Jack JarvisGrange
Michael JonesDurham
Michael LeaskForfarshire
Brandon McMullenRH Corstorphine
George MunseyRH Corstorphine
Safyaan SharifPerth Doo’cot
Chris SoleGrange
Charlie TearSussex
Mark WattHeriots
Bradley WhealHampshire

Australia men's squads for UK Tour

The National Selection Panel (NSP) today confirmed squads for the T20 International and One-Day International Series against Scotland and England. Australia plays three T20 Internationals against Scotland and England followed by five One-Day Internationals against England in the UK in September.

Australian T20 squad:

Mitchell Marsh (Perth Scorchers/Fremantle Cricket Club) (c)
Xavier Bartlett (Brisbane Heat/Gold Coast District Cricket Club)
Cooper Connolly (Perth Scorchers/Scarborough Cricket Club)
Tim David (Hobart Hurricanes/Claremont-Nedlands Cricket Club)
Nathan Ellis (Hobart Hurricanes/Lindisfarne Cricket Club)
Jake Fraser-McGurk (Melbourne Renegades/West Torrens Cricket Club)
Aaron Hardie (Perth Scorchers/Willetton Cricket Club)
Travis Head (Adelaide Strikers/Tea Tree Gully Cricket Club)
Josh Inglis (Perth Scorchers/Joondalup Cricket Club)
Spencer Johnson (Brisbane Heat/West Torrens Cricket Club)
Marcus Stoinis (Melbourne Stars/Subiaco Floreat Cricket Club)
Adam Zampa (Melbourne Renegades/Sutherland Cricket Club)

Australian ODI squad:

Mitchell Marsh (WA/Fremantle Cricket Club) (c)
Sean Abbott (NSW/Parramatta District Cricket Club)
Alex Carey (SA/Glenelg Cricket Club)
Nathan Ellis (TAS/Lindisfarne Cricket Club)
Jake Fraser-McGurk (SA/West Torrens Cricket Club)
Aaron Hardie (WA/Willetton Cricket Club)
Josh Inglis (WA/Joondalup Cricket Club)
Travis Head (SA/Tea Tree Gully Cricket Club)
Marnus Labuschagne (QLD/Redlands Cricket Club)
Glenn Maxwell (VIC/Fitzroy Doncaster Cricket Club)
Matthew Short (VIC/Northcote Cricket Club)
Steve Smith (NSW/Sutherland Cricket Club)
Mitchell Starc (NSW/Manly Warringah Cricket Club)
Adam Zampa (NSW/Sutherland Cricket Club)

Chair of men's selectors George Bailey said:

"This tour gives us a great opportunity to bring in some new players in the absence of David Warner and Matthew Wade, as well as giving some senior players time to prepare for the home summer and a busy first half of next year.

We are particularly pleased to offer Cooper his first opportunity in the T20 squad having introduced the likes of Jake, Spencer, Xavier, and Aaron in the past 12 months.

They are exciting prospects to join the likes of Cameron Green, Nathan Ellis, and Josh Inglis in the white ball setup.

With the Champions Trophy on our doorstep early next year, the white ball series against Pakistan leading into the summer, and a huge home Test series against India, there has been a lot of planning invested into these next six months.

That has included gradual integration of new players into our white ball squads who have earned international opportunities via excellent form in Big Bash or State cricket."

Fixtures

September 4: First T20I v Scotland, The Grange, Edinburgh

September 6: Second T20I v Scotland, The Grange, Edinburgh

September 7: Third T20I v Scotland, The Grange, Edinburgh

September 11: First T20I v England, Rose Bowl, Southampton

September 13: Second T20I v England, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

September 15: Third T20I v England, Old Trafford Manchester

September 19: First ODI v England, Trent Bridge, Nottingham

September 21: Second ODI v England, Headingley, Leeds

September 24: Third ODI v England, Riverside, Chester-le-Street

September 27: Fourth ODI v England, Lord's, London

September 29: Fifth ODI v England, County Ground, Bristol
Not a single game in Birmingham. Not fair!!! Why cant ECB for a change not play any matches in London for a change!!!

Josh Hazlewood has been ruled out of the three-match T20I series against Scotland due to a minor calf strain.

Riley Meredith will replace him in the squad for the series, which kicks off on September 4, 2024.

Josh Hazlewood ruled out of Scotland tour

Australia have confirmed the replacement for injured Josh Hazlewood

Josh Hazlewood suffered a calf injury and will miss the three-match T20I series in Scotland. He will, however, return for the white-ball series against England. Hazlewood suffered a low-grade right calf strain while bowling at training in Sydney on Tuesday, 20 August.

Riley Meredith has been named as his replacement. The speedster will be making an international return following a three-year absence as he returns to Australia's squad. Meredith played all of his five T20Is in 2021, picking eight wickets with an average of 23.50.

Along with Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc will also be sitting out of the Scotland tour. Starc will be back for the ODIs against England, beginning September 19, while Pat Cummins will miss the entire trip. Previously it was confirmed that left-arm pacer Spencer Johnson will miss out on the whole UK tour due to a side strain.

Mitchell Marsh will be leading Australia through the UK tour in Cummins's absence who is taking a break to prime himself for the busy summer ahead; the highly-anticipated Border-Gavaskar Trophy scheduled for later this year in December, and Pakistan touring for a white-ball series during early-November.

Australia T20 squad: Mitchell Marsh (c), Sean Abbott, Xavier Bartlett, Cooper Connolly, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Riley Meredith, Marcus Stoinis, Adam Zampa

England Men's Squads Announced for Vitality IT20s and Metro Bank ODIs Against Australia

The England Men's selection panel has announced the squads for the upcoming Vitality IT20 series and the Metro Bank ODI series against Australia, set to begin next month.

The three-match Vitality IT20 series will kick off at the Utilita Bowl, Southampton, on 11 September 2024. Following this, England will play five Metro Bank ODIs, starting at Trent Bridge on 19 September.

England Men's IT20 Squad:

Jos Buttler (Lancashire) - Captain
Jofra Archer (Hampshire)
Jacob Bethell (Warwickshire)
Brydon Carse (Durham)
Jordan Cox (Essex)
Sam Curran (Surrey)
Josh Hull (Leicestershire)
Will Jacks (Surrey)
Liam Livingstone (Lancashire)
Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire)
Dan Mousley (Warwickshire)
Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
Phil Salt (Lancashire)
Reece Topley (Surrey)
John Turner (Hampshire)

England Men's ODI Squad:

Jofra Archer (Sussex)
Gus Atkinson (Surrey)
Harry Brook (Yorkshire)
Brydon Carse (Durham)
Ben Duckett (Nottinghamshire)
Will Jacks (Surrey)
Matthew Potts (Durham)
Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
Phil Salt (Lancashire)
Jamie Smith (Surrey)
Reece Topley (Surrey)
John Turner (Hampshire)

Five uncapped players have been selected for the 15-strong IT20 squad: Essex batter Jordan Cox, Warwickshire pair Jacob Bethell and Dan Mousley, Leicestershire seamer Josh Hull, and Hampshire fast bowler John Turner.

Durham's Brydon Carse returns to the England senior squads after completing his three-month suspension from all cricket.

In the ODI squad, players from the current Test squad - Gus Atkinson, Harry Brook, Matthew Potts, Jamie Smith - have been included as England start their preparation ahead of the ICC Champions Trophy, which gets underway early next year. Josh Hull, who was added to the Test squad yesterday, is included alongside uncapped players Bethell and Turner.

Ends

Vitality IT20 Series Schedule:

1st IT20: England v Australia, Wednesday 11 September 2024, Utilita Bowl (6.30pm start)
2nd IT20: England v Australia, Friday 13 September 2024, Sophia Gardens (6.30pm start)
3rd IT20: England v Australia, Sunday15 September 2024, Emirates Old Trafford (2.30pm start)

Metro Bank ODI Series Schedule:

1st ODI: England v Australia, Thursday 19 September 2024, Trent Bridge, (12.30pm start)
2nd ODI: England v Australia, Saturday 21 September 2024, Headingley (11.00am start)
3rd ODI: England v Australia, Tuesday 24 September 2024, Seat Unique Riverside (12.30pm start)
4th ODI: England v Australia, Friday 27 September 2024, Lord's (12.30pm start)
5th ODI: England v Australia, Sunday 29 September 2024, Seat Unique Stadium (11.00am start)

Scotland vs Australia, 1st T20I at Edinburgh

Toss Update: Australia have won the toss, and they will bowl first

Australia: 1 Travis Head, 2 Jake Fraser-McGurk, 3 Mitchell Marsh (capt), 4 Josh Inglis (wk), 5 Marcus Stoinis, 6 Tim David, 7 Cameron Green, 8 Sean Abbott, 9 Xavier Bartlett, 10 Adam Zampa, 11 Riley Meredith.

Scotland: 1 George Munsey, 2 Ollie Hairs, 3 Brandon McMullen, 4 Richie Berrington (capt), 5 Matthew Cross (wk), 6 Michael Leask, 7 Mark Watt, 8 Jack Jarvis, 9 Charlie Cassell, 10 Jasper Davidson, 11 Brad Wheal.

Last edited:

Australia: 1 Travis Head, 2 Jake Fraser-McGurk, 3 Mitchell Marsh (capt), 4 Josh Inglis (wk), 5 Marcus Stoinis, 6 Tim David, 7 Cameron Green, 8 Sean Abbott, 9 Xavier Bartlett, 10 Adam Zampa, 11 Riley Meredith.

Scotland: 1 George Munsey, 2 Ollie Hairs, 3 Brandon McMullen, 4 Richie Berrington (capt), 5 Matthew Cross (wk), 6 Michael Leask, 7 Mark Watt, 8 Jack Jarvis, 9 Charlie Cassell, 10 Jasper Davidson, 11 Brad Wheal.
Highest powerplay scores in T20Is for a full-member

Australia 113/1 vs Scotland in 2024
South Africa 102/0 vs South Africa in 2023
West Indies 98/4 vs Sri Lanka in 2021
Ireland 93/0 vs West Indies in 2020

Result Update : Australia won the match by 7 wickets.

Scotland 154/9
(20)

Australia 156/3
(9.4)

Result Update : Australia won the match by 7 wickets.

Scotland 154/9
(20)

Australia 156/3
(9.4)
Quickest 150+ chases in T20I history

Australia 156/3 in 58 balls vs Scotland, 2024
Oman 154/6 in 66 balls vs Cambodia, 2024
Romania 159/7 in 77 balls vs Greece, 2021

@Rana ,As usual few ppers were calling ipl as pitches on steroids and no one chases the 160 in 10 overs.it happened now in international like srh style although against Scotland. Exciting times for pak t20 premier batsmen rizbar and others in aus tour 😀

@Rana ,As usual few ppers were calling ipl as pitches on steroids and no one chases the 160 in 10 overs.it happened now in international like srh style although against Scotland. Exciting times for pak t20 premier batsmen rizbar and others in aus tour 😀
I’m pretty sure Pakistan would have chased this total of 156 in the 20th over against Scotland

Travis Head and Mitchell Marsh tore apart Scotland’s bowling attack, leading Australia to the highest powerplay score in T20 International (T20I) history.

Chasing a modest target of 155, the former champions restricted Scotland to 154/9 in their 20 overs at the Grange Cricket Club Ground on Wednesday, thanks to a collective bowling effort.

Scotland’s top scorer was opening batter George Munsey, who hit 28 off 16 balls. He was supported by wicketkeeper Matthew Cross (27), captain Richie Berrington (23), and top-order batter Brandon McMullen (19).

For Australia, Sean Abbott took three wickets, while Xavier Bartlett and Adam Zampa each claimed two.

Australia’s run chase got off to a shaky start as they lost young opener Jake Fraser-McGurk (0) on just the third ball of the innings.

However, Marsh joined Head at the crease, and the pair unleashed a blistering counterattack. Travis Head was the main aggressor, reaching his half-century in just 17 balls, tying the record for the fastest fifty by an Australian in the format.

The duo's second-wicket partnership powered Australia to 113/1 by the end of the powerplay, setting a new record for the highest powerplay score in T20Is.

Scotland’s Mark Watt provided some relief by dismissing both Head and Marsh in the following over.

Marsh scored a quickfire 39 off 12 balls, including five fours and three sixes, while Head top-scored for Australia with 80 off 25 balls, featuring 12 fours and five sixes.

After their departure, wicketkeeper Josh Inglis and Marcus Stoinis guided Australia to victory with 62 balls to spare. Inglis remained unbeaten on 27 off 13 balls, while Stoinis finished with eight not out.

Mark Watt was the standout bowler for Scotland, taking the key wickets of Head and Marsh while conceding just 13 runs in his two overs. However, the rest of the Scottish attack was decimated by the Australian batters.

Australia now lead the three-match T20I series 1-0, with the remaining two games scheduled for September 6 and 7 at the same venue.

England Men’s White-Ball Captain Ruled Out of Vitality IT20s Against Australia

England Men's white-ball captain, Jos Buttler, has been ruled out of the upcoming Vitality IT20 series against Australia due to a setback with a right calf injury. This injury also places his participation in the Metro Bank ODIs later this month in doubt.

Surrey all-rounder Jamie Overton has been called up as a replacement in the T20 squad. The three-match IT20 series is set to begin next week at the Utilita Bowl, Southampton, on 11 September 2024.

Additionally, Essex batter Jordan Cox has been added to the ODI squad as cover. The five-match ODI series is scheduled to start on 19 September at Trent Bridge.

In Buttler's absence, Phil Salt of Lancashire, who has captained the Manchester Originals in The Hundred this season, will lead the T20 side.

England Men's IT20 Squad:

Phil Salt (Lancashire) - Captain

Jofra Archer (Sussex)

Brydon Carse (Durham)

Jordan Cox (Essex)

Sam Curran (Surrey)

Will Jacks (Surrey)

Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire)

Dan Mousley (Warwickshire)

Jamie Overton (Surrey)

Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)

Reece Topley (Surrey)

John Turner (Hampshire)

England Men's ODI Squad:

Jofra Archer (Sussex)

Gus Atkinson (Surrey)

Harry Brook (Yorkshire)

Brydon Carse (Durham)

Jordan Cox (Essex)

Will Jacks (Surrey)

Matthew Potts (Durham)

Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)

Phil Salt (Lancashire)

Jamie Smith (Surrey)

Reece Topley (Surrey)

John Turner (Hampshire)

Vitality IT20 Series Schedule:

1st IT20: England v Australia, Wednesday 11 September 2024, Utilita Bowl (6.30pm start)

2nd IT20: England v Australia, Friday 13 September 2024, Sophia Gardens (6.30pm start)

3rd IT20: England v Australia, Sunday15 September 2024, Emirates Old Trafford (2.30pm start)

1st ODI: England v Australia, Thursday 19 September 2024, Trent Bridge, (12.30pm start)

2nd ODI: England v Australia, Saturday 21 September 2024, Headingley (11.00am start)

3rd ODI: England v Australia, Tuesday 24 September 2024, Seat Unique Riverside (12.30pm start)

5th ODI: England v Australia, Sunday 29 September 2024, Seat Unique Stadium (11.00am start)

Scotland vs Australia, 2nd T20I

Scotland have won the toss and have opted to field

Australia (Playing XI): Jake Fraser-McGurk, Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh(c), Josh Inglis(w), Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Cameron Green, Sean Abbott, Xavier Bartlett, Adam Zampa, Aaron Hardie

Scotland (Playing XI): George Munsey, Michael Jones, Brandon McMullen, Richie Berrington(c), Charlie Tear(w), Michael Leask, Mark Watt, Chris Greaves, Christopher Sole, Brad Wheal, Bradley Currie

Scotland vs Australia, 2nd T20I

Scotland have won the toss and have opted to field

Australia (Playing XI): Jake Fraser-McGurk, Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh(c), Josh Inglis(w), Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Cameron Green, Sean Abbott, Xavier Bartlett, Adam Zampa, Aaron Hardie

Scotland (Playing XI): George Munsey, Michael Jones, Brandon McMullen, Richie Berrington(c), Charlie Tear(w), Michael Leask, Mark Watt, Chris Greaves, Christopher Sole, Brad Wheal, Bradley Currie
Australia secure the T20I series 2-0 with a 70-run win over Scotland in the second T20I.

Scotland - 126 (16.4) all out

Josh Inglis' spectacular century powered Australia to a comfortable victory over Scotland in the second T20 international of their three-match series.

The Leeds-born wicketkeeper blazed his way to a hundred in just 43 balls, smashing seven fours and seven sixes, setting a new record for the fastest men's T20I century by an Australian.

After winning the toss and opting to bowl, Scotland made early breakthroughs with the returning Brad Currie, who dismissed Travis Head for a golden duck and had Jake Fraser-McGurk caught brilliantly by Chris Sole at long-on.

However, Inglis, in partnership with Cam Green (36), shifted the momentum with a 92-run stand for the third wicket in Australia's favor.

Tim David's powerful hitting helped the visitors finish strongly, despite Sole and Currie momentarily slowing the run rate.

In the chase, George Munsey got Scotland off to a flying start with 17 runs in the first over, but he and Brandon McMullen were the only Scottish batters to reach double figures in a disappointing team effort.

McMullen, who continues to shine on the international stage, scored 59, including four fours and four sixes, but when Tim David took a stunning catch at long-on to dismiss him, Scotland's slim hopes of victory faded.

The teams will meet again on Saturday for the final match of the series.

An English man top scored for Australia. A South African top scored for Scotland. An English man was leading wicket taker for Scotland . Just three actual Scots in their side; Leask, Watt and Sole.

Nathan Ellis Ruled Out Of Australia's UK Tour Due To A Hamstring Injury

Australia have suffered a massive setback, with an unfortunate hamstring injury ruling out ace speedster Nathan Ellis from their ongoing UK tour. Led by Mitchell Marsh, Australia are slated to face Scotland in three T20Is before taking on England in eight white-ball matches.

However, the visitors have lost Nathan Ellis to a hamstring tendon injury amid the ongoing series against Scotland in Edinburgh. Renowned for his death-bowling skills, Ellis sustained the injury while playing for London Spirit in The Hundred 2024. Despite being included in Australia's T20I squad for the Scotland series, Ellis missed the first game before Cricket Australia withdrew him from the entire tour.

The hamstring injury adversely affected Ellis' international career, preventing him from leading the Aussie pace attack in the absence of their first-choice seamers- Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins. In his absence, Riley Meredith will stay with the Australian team throughout their UK tour.

SOURCE: https://cricket.one/cricket-news/na...o-a-hamstring-injury/66db1782fddc19772ce8894e

Scotland vs Australia, 3rd T20I

Australia have won the toss and have opted to field

Australia (Playing XI): Jake Fraser-McGurk, Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh(c), Cameron Green, Tim David, Marcus Stoinis, Aaron Hardie, Josh Inglis(w), Cooper Connolly, Sean Abbott, Adam Zampa

Scotland (Playing XI): George Munsey, Ollie Hairs, Brandon McMullen, Richie Berrington(c), Matthew Cross(w), Michael Leask, Mark Watt, Jack Jarvis, Christopher Sole, Safyaan Sharif, Bradley Currie

Scotland vs Australia, 3rd T20I

Australia have won the toss and have opted to field

Australia (Playing XI): Jake Fraser-McGurk, Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh(c), Cameron Green, Tim David, Marcus Stoinis, Aaron Hardie, Josh Inglis(w), Cooper Connolly, Sean Abbott, Adam Zampa

Scotland (Playing XI): George Munsey, Ollie Hairs, Brandon McMullen, Richie Berrington(c), Matthew Cross(w), Michael Leask, Mark Watt, Jack Jarvis, Christopher Sole, Safyaan Sharif, Bradley Currie

Scotland vs Australia, 3rd T20I​

SCO 149/9 (20)
AUS 153/4 (16.1)

Australia won by 6 wkts

Scotland vs Australia, 3rd T20I​

SCO 149/9 (20)
AUS 153/4 (16.1)

Australia won by 6 wkts
Australia made it three wins from three against Scotland in their T20 international series with a six-wicket victory at the Grange.

The Scots set a competitive total of 149 in Edinburgh, largely thanks to Brandon McMullen's second successive 50.Chances of an upset were further boosted by Brad Currie removing Australian openers Jake Fraser-McGurk and Travis Head in quick succession, but the Scots could not prevent Australia chasing the total down.

Mitchell Marsh and Cam Green put on 61 for the third wicket to shore things up - and Tim David added a decent knock of 25 - before Aaron Hardie finished the job with a four through the overs.

Australia won the toss and put Scotland in to bat, looking to test Oli Hairs - who was back in to replace Michael Jones - and George Munsey early on.

The Scottish openers faired slightly better than on Friday - Munsey scoring 25 - but again it was McMullen who anchored the Scotland attack with a brilliant 56 at number three.

He looked like adding a few more but was dismissed by an incredible one-handed catch from Travis Head.
Michael Leask and Mark Watt provided some support to McMullen in the middle order, but Scotland's tail collapsed quickly and they were only able to reach 149-9.

Australia's target was set, but they would not reach it as quickly as they did in the first game.

Jake Fraser-McGurk has not enjoyed the best time in Scotland and he was dismissed for another duck off a superb diving McMullen catch.
Head was out in Currie's next over after spooning one in the air that was caught by Munsey and some optimism crept around the ground after three overs.

Mitchell Marsh and Cameron Green looked a little nervous in the middle, edging balls around the field, but they managed to survive until the ninth over for a solid partnership of 61.

The big hits started coming and Scotland could not stop the flow of runs, with Green adding four sixes in his half-ton en route to victory as the sun started to shine on the Grange again.

Source: BBC

Gus Atkinson to be rested for Metro Bank ODI Series

Surrey and England seamer Gus Atkinson will be rested for the upcoming Metro Bank Men's ODI series against Australia.

Nottinghamshire's Olly Stone will take his place in the squad.

*England Men's ODI Squad:*

Jofra Archer (Sussex)
Harry Brook (Yorkshire)
Brydon Carse (Durham)
Jordan Cox (Essex)
Will Jacks (Surrey)
Matthew Potts (Durham)
Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
Phil Salt (Lancashire)
Jamie Smith (Surrey)
Olly Stone (Nottinghamshire)
Reece Topley (Surrey)
John Turner (Hampshire)

*Metro Bank ODI Series Schedule:*

Jordan Cox, Jacob Bethell and Jamie Overton to make T20 debuts in the first Men's Vitality IT20 against Australia

England have announced their XI for the first Men's Vitality IT20 against Australia, at Utilita Bowl on Wednesday, 11 September

Phil Salt captains a side with three debutants in the form of Essex’s Jordan Cox, Warwickshire’s Jacob Bethell and Surrey’s Jamie Overton.

*England Team*

1. Phil Salt (captain and wicketkeeper)
2. Will Jacks
3. Jordan Cox
4. Liam Livingstone
5. Jacob Bethell
6. Sam Curran
7. Jamie Overton
8. Jofra Archer
9. Adil Rashid
10. Saqib Mahmood
11. Reece Topley

England whiteball is in doldrums despite their recent ICC tournament wins. Their bullying style batting was not a sustainable model as bowling is still needed to win in any conditions.

Jordan Cox, Jacob Bethell and Jamie Overton to make T20 debuts in the first Men's Vitality IT20 against Australia

England have announced their XI for the first Men's Vitality IT20 against Australia, at Utilita Bowl on Wednesday, 11 September

Phil Salt captains a side with three debutants in the form of Essex’s Jordan Cox, Warwickshire’s Jacob Bethell and Surrey’s Jamie Overton.

*England Team*

1. Phil Salt (captain and wicketkeeper)
2. Will Jacks
3. Jordan Cox
4. Liam Livingstone
5. Jacob Bethell
6. Sam Curran
7. Jamie Overton
8. Jofra Archer
9. Adil Rashid
10. Saqib Mahmood
11. Reece Topley
The team looks quite unbalanced.

They could drop Overton and Select another batsman and still play 4 bowlers + Curran and Livingston and maybe even Jacks can bowl if needed.

Their T20 side can easily be regenerated . They play a lot of franchise cricket and they have the skills for it.

But England's ODI side has consistently declined since 2019 World Cup.

They haven't been able to adapt to the greater lateral movement in ODIs (swing/spin) which was absent in the Morgan era.

All their big name players, have struggled -Roy, Root , Buttler,Bairstow - once the conditions started becoming bowler friendly.

Also, the younger guys don't play a lot of List A cricket .

Will be a tough transition.

England vs Australia, 1st T20I

England have won the toss and have opted to field

Australia
(Playing XI): Travis Head, Matthew Short, Mitchell Marsh(c), Josh Inglis(w), Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Cameron Green, Sean Abbott, Xavier Bartlett, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood

England (Playing XI): Philip Salt(w/c), Will Jacks, Jordan Cox, Liam Livingstone, Jacob Bethell, Sam Curran, Jamie Overton, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Saqib Mahmood, Reece Topley

These guys are playing a different sport to us :cry:

The ball by ball score looks something out of Stick Cricket.

These guys are playing a different sport to us :cry:

The ball by ball score looks something out of Stick Cricket.

I felt the same during the PP but after that, Rash, Livingstone, Archer and Saq were quality; beautiful display of leg spin and quick bowling :mushy :wasim

Both captains would have bowled first apparently. Not the greatest decision. Southampton is a bat first pitch usually

I think they did because of the weather and maybe wanting to chase because there’s not much grass on the pitch, in the space of days the temp has drastically changed, the late autumn chill is here and the clouds play tricks on their mind

I think they did because of the weather and maybe wanting to chase because there’s not much grass on the pitch, in the space of days the temp has drastically changed, the late autumn chill is here and the clouds play tricks on their mind
Still. I don't think there's even a single instance of 160 + chase at the Rose Bowl. Given that history, batting first should've been the way to go imo.

What kind of rubbish side did England play ? Are they not serious about this series or people who pay to watch it ? Sam Curran coming at fall of 4th wicket,Jamie Overton at fall of 5th wicket.not enough batsmen in the side.

A revamped England side suffered a 28-run loss to Australia in the first T20 international at the Utilita Bowl.

Australia got off to a flying start, with Travis Head smashing 59 from just 23 balls as he and opening partner Matthew Short combined for 86 runs in the first six overs.

Despite this, England, featuring three debutants and captained by Phil Salt for the first time, mounted an impressive comeback, bowling the visitors out for 179. The spinners were key, with Liam Livingstone taking 3-22 and Adil Rashid delivering a tight 1-23. Seamers Jofra Archer and Saqib Mahmood also chipped in with two wickets each.

England’s chase faltered early, losing three wickets within the powerplay. Livingstone and Sam Curran briefly revived hopes with a 54-run partnership for the fifth wicket, but once they fell in quick succession, England’s tail was exposed, and they were bowled out for 151 in the final over.

The series will now move to Cardiff for the second T20 on Friday, before concluding with the third match at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Travis head is goated. However I wish they'd have persisted with Jake for one more series, but matt short has made most of his given opportunity.

Very impressed with Salt’s captaincy, in just one game he is already a better leader than Lord Babar Azam
Come on bro, you don't gotta insult Salt like that. How would he feel if you told him he's a better captain then Babar Azam 🤣

England vs Australia, 2nd T20I​

England have won the toss and have opted to field

Australia
(Playing XI): Matthew Short, Travis Head(c), Jake Fraser-McGurk, Josh Inglis(w), Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Cooper Connolly, Sean Abbott, Adam Zampa

England (Playing XI): Philip Salt(w/c), Will Jacks, Jordan Cox, Liam Livingstone, Jacob Bethell, Sam Curran, Jamie Overton, Brydon Carse, Adil Rashid, Saqib Mahmood, Reece Topley

This is cricket

Not Imam ul Haq, Shan Masood, Yasir Khan, Abdullah Technique

While Cameron Green is still work in progress. Has not reached the level of Ben Stokes yet.

Australia has introduced another young pace bowling all rounder. Aaron Hardie. They are playing both of them in their XI against England tonight. Both are batting in good positions in domestic as well as international Cricket. In 5 years time you will see both of them become great all rounders.

Then here we are in Pakistan who does not even give pace bowling all rounders a place above no. 7 or 8 to bat even in local domestic game. Then they say. "Razzaq aur Azhar jese All Rounder kyun nahi ate". 🤡

Result Update

England defeated Australia in the 2nd T20I by 3 wickets to level the 3-Match series 1-1

Liam Livingstone smashed a superb 87 from 47 balls to lead England to a series-levelling three-wicket win over Australia in the second T20.

The big-hitting all-rounder marked his 50th T20 international appearance in style as he took 2-16 with the ball before bludgeoning six fours and five sixes in making just his second T20I half-century.

Livingstone put on 90 with Jacob Bethell, in just his second international game, as England chased down 194 with six balls to spare in Cardiff.

Bethell played second-fiddle to Livingstone early on but exploded into life as he took talismanic Australia leg-spinner Adam Zampa for 20 in an over during an eye-catching knock of 44 from 24 balls.

There was a slight wobble after Bethell was dismissed but Livingstone settled it down, falling only when the scores were level, as part-time spinner Matthew Short took a remarkable 5-22.

Jake Fraser-McGurk was the standout for Australia with the bat, hitting his maiden international fifty, with Josh Inglis adding 42 as the visitors posted a challenging 193-6.

But England were up to the task, equalling the highest successful T20 chase at Sophia Gardens and setting a new T20 international record to set up a decider at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Jacob Bethel had a T20 average of 22 and a sr of 139

He played an absolute blinder against Australia in a must win game for England with the series on the line

With his T20 numbers, he would never be considered good enough for Pakistan cricket according to our fans and their mindset

@mominsaigol @topspin @RyanRyan10

Particularly who continues to express how he fell in love with Misbah's tuk tuk knocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
No real hype this time around for these games. England vs Australia was considered a top of the line match up but I don't see much interest from fans on SM

No real hype this time around for these games. England vs Australia was considered a top of the line match up but I don't see much interest from fans on SM
Their is interest, but not for t20.

These 2 are classy nations that prefer a fierce competiton between these 2 sides in test or in odi tournaments.

Jacob Bethel had a T20 average of 22 and a sr of 139

He played an absolute blinder against Australia in a must win game for England with the series on the line

With his T20 numbers, he would never be considered good enough for Pakistan cricket according to our fans and their mindset

@mominsaigol @topspin @RyanRyan10
T20I is all about impact and strike rate matters more but some fans fail to understand it or maybe just don't want to understand it.

T20I is all about impact and strike rate matters more but some fans fail to understand it or maybe just don't want to understand it.
Na I think if Imran Khan had emphasised on SRs more than aesthetics, I’m pretty sure the same fans who are intellectually dishonest would see it the right way too

Rain has delayed the toss between England and Australia in the third T20I (and series decider). Forecast is bleak today - fingers crossed for a shortened game!

Latest start time for a five-over game is 5:48pm local time.

Harry Brook to captain ODI team with Jos Buttler ruled out

England Men’s white-ball captain Jos Buttler has been ruled out of the Metro Bank ODI Series against Australia as he continues to recover from a right calf injury. Yorkshire right-handed batter Harry Brook will captain the ODI team for the first time in Buttler’s absence.

Leicestershire’s Josh Hull is also sidelined for the series with a quad injury. Lancashire all-rounder Liam Livingstone has been brought into the squad for the five-match series which begins as Trent Bridge on Thursday 19 September.

England Men’s ODI Squad:

Harry Brook (Yorkshire) – Captain
Jofra Archer (Sussex)
Brydon Carse (Durham)
Jordan Cox (Essex)
Will Jacks (Surrey)
Matthew Potts (Durham)
Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
Phil Salt (Lancashire)
Jamie Smith (Surrey)
Olly Stone (Nottinghamshire)
Reece Topley (Surrey)
John Turner (Hampshire)

2nd ODI: England v Australia, Saturday 21 September 2024, Headingley, (11am start)
3rd ODI: England v Australia, Tuesday 24 September, Seat Unique Riverside (12.30pm start)
4th ODI: England v Australia, Friday 27 September, Lord’s (12.30pm start)
5th ODI: England v Australia, Sunday 29 September, Seat Unique Stadium (11am start)

England vs Australia, 3rd T20I at Manchester

Match abandoned in Manchester due to rain

The T20I series is drawn

England and Australia's T20 series ended in a draw after the third match at Old Trafford was washed out.

Heavy rain throughout the day in Manchester prevented any play and the series ends 1-1.

Australia won the first T20 comfortably in Southampton, with Travis Head hitting a rapid half-century.

Liam Livingstone's superb knock of 87 then took England to victory in the second match in Cardiff.

But the weather ensured there would be no chance of a decider with the umpires officially abandoning the match at 16:15 BST.

The teams will now head to Nottingham for the start of the five-match one-day international series, which begins on Thursday, 19 September.

England will again be without Jos Buttler for the ODIs. The white-ball skipper is still recovering from a right calf injury that ruled him out of the T20s and The Hundred.

BBC

Beardman on standby as Connolly added to ODI squad​

Cooper Connolly stays on for one-dayers against England while Mahli Beardman, star of Australia's U19 World Cup-winning team last year, is joining the squad as a standby player

Teenage pace sensation Mahli Beardman will get his first senior experience in national colours after being named as a standby for Australia's ODI squad.

Beardman, who was player of the match in this year's Under-19 World Cup final triumph over India, will join the 17-player group in Nottingham as the tourists face depleted pace stocks due to injury and management.

Left-armer Ben Dwarshuis joined the squad ahead of the washed out third T20 in Manchester and will now stay on for the five-match 50-over series beginning Thursday (9.30pm AEST) at Trent Bridge.

Cooper Connolly, who made his T20 international debut against Scotland and featured in the second T20 against England, will also stay on with the ODI squad having initially only been named for the T20s.

Experienced players Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Marnus Labuschagne and Alex Carey return for the 50-over matches.

Australia have already lost Nathan Ellis to a hamstring injury prior to the Scotland series, Riley Meredith only played one match after experiencing side soreness and Xavier Bartlett was ruled out of the tour on Friday after sustaining a side strain in the series opener at Southampton.

Pat Cummins is missing from the month-long white-ball tour to focus on strength and conditioning ahead of the five-Test home summer against India, while Starc has only joined the group this week after sitting out the T20s.

Josh Hazlewood is also being carefully managed following a calf complaint that saw him miss the Scotland series and was rested from their three-wicket loss to England in Cardiff on Friday.

Left-armer Spencer Johnson went down with a side strain after initially being named in the T20 squad, while West Australian speedsters Jhye Richardson and Lance Morris weren't considered as they are carefully managed following a string of injuries.

Will Sutherland, who made his ODI debut in February, also spent another off-season rehabilitating a back stress-related injury.

Dwarshuis will be the fourth specialist paceman in the ODI series alongside Starc, Hazlewood and Sean Abbott, with allrounders Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie and captain Mitch Marsh to provide support.

"There will be opportunities for guys throughout the series, no doubt," Marsh told cricket.com.au following the drawn T20 series.

"Five games in 11 days, we'll have to juggle a bit, but guys will get opportunities and a lot like the T20 series, we're really excited by that."

Beardman and Connolly have been on the Australian bench for Perth matches in the past two summers as part of Cricket Australia's under-19 induction program.

Australia ODI squad v England: Mitch Marsh (c), Sean Abbott, Alex Carey, Cooper Connolly, Ben Dwarshuis, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Cameron Green, Aaron Hardie, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Matthew Short, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa. Reserve: Mahli Beardman

Back