Australia vs Bangladesh | 1st ODI | Darwin | 30/08/2008

12thMan

Senior Test Player
Runs
Bangladesh have won the toss and they will bowl first.

Bangladesh: 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Mehrab Hossain jnr, 3 Mohammad Ashraful (capt), 4 Raqibul Hasan, 5 Shakib al Hasan, 6 Alok Kapali, 7 Dhiman Ghosh (wk), 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Abdur Razzak, 10 Nazmul Hossain, 11 Shahadat Hossain

Australia: 1 Shaun Marsh, 2 James Hopes, 3 Michael Hussey, 4 Michael Clarke (capt), 5 David Hussey, 6 Brad Haddin (wk), 7 Cameron White, 8 Mitchell Johnson, 9 Brett Geeves, 10 Nathan Bracken, 11 Stuart Clark

Brett Geeves, the Tasmanian right-arm seamer, makes his ODI debut

Watson is the 12th man. News just in - Andrew Symonds has been sent home from Darwin for some mysterious reason....

Australia are coming into this game after a lay-off so this gives Bangladesh their best opportunity to put up a fight. Australia are weakened by the loss of Ponting, Hayden to injury, Lee to family issues and Symonds to..... God knows what.

Who is showing this in USA?

Last edited:
You may remember Geeves from the Delhi Daredevils in the IPL. A year ago, he was scouring the employment section of the Saturday newspapers as he feared being dumped by Tasmania following a disappointing 2006-07. As it turned out, he collected 37 first-class wickets the following season and was named Tasmania's Player of the Year. Good on you, Brett

I didn't know he was in IPL. Did he play a match?

Aus 0-3 after 1 over
nice small ground. Pakistan should have couple of these instead of going for 25000+
The ground in Islamabad - Diamond cricket can be made to a 10-12000 stadium or the one in Karachi which they used against Zimbabwe????

Sadly, i am not even watching it anymore due to family chose Saregama over CBN :pissed:

Curse to Saregama pa :pissed:

Marsh 8 - Hopes 3
Aus 21-0 after 3.1 overs
it just died. oh well. I will check it in a while

Last edited:
Hopes 19 - Marsh 12
Aus 41-0 after 8 overs
other than Shahadat (2 overs 20 runs) Bangladesh has bowled well

Last edited:
It will be good to see Aus bowlers on this pitch. There is some movement and bounce is good

Marsh a slow start 19 off 40 balls - Hopes 21 off 28
Aus 51-0 after 11 overs

Hopes gone ct at short midwicket off Nazmul Hossain
Aus 56-1 after 11.5 overs

Ian Chappal & Healy discussing why Bangladesh have not produce tall express fast bowlers like Pakistan. Healy adds Pakistan is one of few nations which have been producing real fast men consistently.

Now, it's Aus 1/61

Overs 15

So far, pretty decent

Flat and little bouncy type of pitch. Not bad what it seems to appear. Bowlers are having great time

Last edited:
I hope Bangladesh put up a good fight... so far they aren't doing that poorly...

Not looking good so far

2 4's in a row by Michael Hussey...Better get him now..Tiger:|

Ouch. Didn't expect then to lose so badly.

Oh well, maybe next game.

iZeeshan said:
Oh well, maybe next game.

Yes maybe they will not lose by too many runs next time...because Aus field first and win by 10 wickets instead.

They need to start playing better cricket. They are showing no signs of improvement here....

How fast did Johnson bowl today? The Bang coach says his speed scared the Bang batsman

Savak said:
The Bang coach says his speed scared the Bang batsman

Even Irfan Pathan or Paul Collingwood's speed would scare the Bang batsmen

Savak said:
How fast did Johnson bowl today? The Bang coach says his speed scared the Bang batsman
yeah he was quite quick but more than the speed it was the bounce that scared the BAN batsmen...

Bangladesh get the odd game or two here, but they really have to bump up their overall performance. They can't be losing by 180 runs in ODIs, especially when the opposition ahve only scored 250, regardless of the pitch. They've gotta start playing with more consistency rather then get win a game here or there. They will be a much more feared team if their players put up more consistent performances, losing by 15-30 runs or by 3-4 wickets, rather then win one game in a series and lose the rest by 100+ runs or 8+ wickets.

Savak said:

The day Jonno's speed scares anyone is the day that I will run around Boston naked. How can someone scare someone bowling at 140kmh?

OZGOD said:
How can someone scare someone bowling at 140kmh?

OZ - as I said, when that "someone" is the Bangla batsmen then even "someone" like Pathan, Collingwood, Nathan Astle types can appear scary!

Bangladesh, go home. You are not even a club standard team and you are captained by a charlatan with the brain of a child. Thank you,

Milroastnescafe said:
Bangladesh, go home. You are not even a club standard team and you are captained by a charlatan with the brain of a child. Thank you,

:)) Harsh but true

OZGOD said:
The day Jonno's speed scares anyone is the day that I will run around Boston naked. How can someone scare someone bowling at 140kmh?

Do not underestimate Johnson. The guy is quick, he can crank it up to 148-150 km/hr but he isnt consistent with that speed so thus he doesnt qualify as a Shoaib, Lee yet. But with the old ball, he can reverse swing the ball and can crank it up to 143-144 km/hr with the old ball.

So he is pretty handy.

Savak said:
Do not underestimate Johnson. The guy is quick, he can crank it up to 148-150 km/hr but he isnt consistent with that speed so thus he doesnt qualify as a Shoaib, Lee yet. But with the old ball, he can reverse swing the ball and can crank it up to 143-144 km/hr with the old ball.

So he is pretty handy.

Wow, you're almost making it sound like he's OK at bowling. Keep dreaming.

Milroastnescafe said:

Hes not bad, on his day he can get through any side. He already has a 5 wicket haul against India and West Indies. He is still new and will get much better with time.

Milroastnescafe said:

Test record is not great but not abysmal either. ODI record is good. Guy is OK at bowling - in reality and not just in dreams

Savak said:

So he is pretty handy.
He along with Morne Morkel are the most consistently quick bowlers that I've seen in recent times. I remember a 8-9 over spell late in the last session in Adelaide. He was running in, ball after ball bowling at 150 kmph. He needs to swing the ball, bowl a bit straighter and everybody will be scared of him.

i agree, he's consistantly quick, good athlete, and a good muscular frame for a fast bowler

Australia could put out their womens x1 and they would beat bangladesh. Bangladesh need to start been more competative and get the basics right!

Regarding Johnson,i don;t think he'll ever be able to get the ball to swing in to the left hander,thanks to his round arm action.And its not like hes a budding youngster either..hes 27.So yeah unless he develops his line and length quickly his prime years will be behind him i'm afraid.

Back