"Babar Azam has got into a 'bad' habit of scoring a century in every other match": Fakhar Zaman

Or more Asia cups in Sri Lanka where he can pummel Pakistani bowlers all over the Premadasa. I think that's the easier choice. Maybe Pakistan will score more than 128 after a few tries. :)
Dont foget who holds the overall record when it comes to Head to Head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your delusions are getting the better of you.

You are unable to comprehend and correlate what im saying which is why your confusing tests and T20s.

I stated that franchise cricket has allowed your players to get use to playing the austrailian bowlers and others which helps players get accustomed.

As mentioned on previous posts regular tours over the years make a huge difference which your in denial off.

Cummings taking pictures of the pitch was all over social media because of reported pitch changes by the groundsman with the rollers.

Why do you think he did the usual act of taking a picture of the pitch.

Your indian tinted glasses stop you from seeing reality.

Indians love to be praised but dont like acknowledging others.

its a well known unfortunate trait.

How will playing T20 cricket in India with the white ball help anyone acclamatise to playing test cricket in Australia with the red ball?

Pakistan is also touring Australia regularly every 4-5 years.

Cummins taking the photo was posted, nowhere it said pitches were switched and how will groundsman switch pitches with rollers?

FYI the team that bats chooses which roller to use.

Indians have nothing to do with poor performance of Pakistani players.

Shaheen has played Australia in 4 tests are you really that foolish to talk about averages at the start of a career.

contain your excitement untill he retires.

Naseer Hussain says hes world class, Athers, the Aus commentators who gives a toss if shastri or anyone praises or doesnt.

Opposition teams fear Shaheen and that is a fact whether you like it not. Thats what counts he s in their heads.

Didnt dravid praise shaheen?.

Nasser Hussain and Atherton will praise every other Pakistani player.They praised Amir to the heavens. We know how that ended.

Aussies said he is a good Bowler and i agree he is. But he isn't the elite level that Cummins Bumrah Rabada Starc are. He isn't even Shami or Hazlewood level yet. Thats the truth.

Dravid also thinks Prasidh Krishna is test level and that Thakur is a better choice than Shami.

Kohli as a newbie scored a century in aus and in his next tour he scored 4 centuries in 4 matches. He was brilliant in his 1st tours of nz and sa too.
India has won 2 test series in a row in aus, including defeating there full strength team last time while Pakistan has won a match in aus since 1995
We Didnt take our chances to win tests in Aus including this series.

India have been playing regular series versus Aus virtually every season since 2012 so it should fair better simply by law of averages.

Nasser Hussain and Atherton will praise every other Pakistani player.They praised Amir to the heavens. We know how that ended.

Aussies said he is a good Bowler and i agree he is. But he isn't the elite level that Cummins Bumrah Rabada Starc are. He isn't even Shami or Hazlewood level yet. Thats the truth.

Dravid also thinks Prasidh Krishna is test level and that Thakur is a better choice than Shami.
Are you seriously commenting on Amirs credentials.

we do know how that story ended your right. :shh

Are you saying i should take your opinion over Dravid?.

:yk

Imam is also on top of those fastest to runs gimmick, it's literally a gimmick.

Babar has been utterly bad, I expected a Shoaib fan would know better.
Since when did scoring runs become a "gimmick".

That is why supporters are so fickle. All players have dips in form and performances.

Take a leaf out of the indians book who back and support their players.

I like to see pakistan win whoever scores runs or takes wickets. its about winning and not about individual records.

boy this thread has aged well.

Chalo, till King Babar runs in to some paupers..

If Babar Azam was actually anywhere near as good as what some people think, Pakistan would have been in a pole position today to win the current series against Australia by 2-1. But reality is entirely different from fantasies (shock!) and instead they're on the verge of losing it 3-0 as usual with "KIng Babar" averaging a mighty 21.

Australia tour was the best apportunity for Babar Azam to made an impact and he failed . Bowlers done amazing job .

Australia tour was the best apportunity for Babar Azam to made an impact and he failed . Bowlers done amazing job .
Babar needs a break from cricket, at least a two month break right after the traumatic World Cup 2023 campaign. He was in Australia for a tough Test series, and he just needs some time off.

Bumrah avgs 21 vs Australia, 24 vs England and 20 vs SA

Name the countries against whom SSA avgs 25 or less or less than 30.

SSA's avg in Australia is 39. One 4fer doesn't change that.

SSA's avg versus most non minnows is poor.

He avgs 38 vs Australia, 51 vs England and 43 vs NZ.

His avg is 27 vs SA the only non minnow he has done well against.

Recently Ravi Shastri ON AIR said that Shaheen is a good bowler and thats it. No need to hype him.
Shaheen is a decent bowler, maybe Umar Gul type in test cricket

He isnt as great as fans place him. Yes he gets you a wicket first over, but thats about it. If that is not happening than he gets exposed.

His bowling avg against SENA teams is a big joke in test.

However, in ODI cricket, he is still very good. He has done very well in ODI. Even though he had a terrible captain giving him stupid plans and fields.

Shaheen was hyped in limited overs by Indian fans and media after that world t20 defeat that India suffered to Pakistan

Babar needs a break from cricket, at least a two month break right after the traumatic World Cup 2023 campaign. He was in Australia for a tough Test series, and he just needs some time off.
No, he needs a proper series against Zimbabwe.

Abdul Razzaq was like this too in his playing days. He was easily pushed over and stepped on whilst guys like Afridi, Akmal and Malik were untouchable
Yes, but the difference is Razzak was surrounded by genuine superstars & legends like the W's, Salim Malik, Anwar, Injamam, Mushtaq twins etc when he arrived first at international cricket. Where are those kind of magnanimous charismatic personalities in the current set up?
Then secondly, as great as Razzak was he unfortunately always flopped in major icc odi tournaments whereas Fakhar has huge bragging rights. Razzak getting pushed over/bullied by Afridi, Akhter,Malik etc while tragic still isn't as ridiculous as Fakhar always playing second fiddle to bootleg kings, third rate actors, random fat guys & fake techniques.

Will it make him world class player? I am talking about his performance against Big 3
Well, that's where we differ. You consider him as world class elite batsman. I consider him as a world class top notch minnow basher. He never has & ever will be able to perform in SENA. He simply doesn't have the base.

Well, that's where we differ. You consider him as world class elite batsman. I consider him as a world class top notch minnow basher. He never has & ever will be able to perform in SENA. He simply doesn't have the base.
I will call him flat track batsman because at home, on flat tracks, he could score some runs even against good oppositions. But as soon as pitch has something, he can't score even at home. SA series in Pakistan had good pitch and he averaged 30 in that home series. A contrast to other home series on super dead pitches.

I am so angry at myself for thinking that this guy was any good. Pakistan actually could have won this series if this fake king had even had a couple of innings where he scored 70-80 runs. But he couldn’t even score a 50. He has been exposed big time during this series and during the World Cup. Frankly speaking, his place in the team should be in question, but he will keep on getting a free ride in the team.

When a player is going through a rough patch they often face unplayable deliveries at that very time and that is what is happening with Babar these days :D

When a player is going through a rough patch they often face unplayable deliveries at that very time and that is what is happening with Babar these days :D
Definitely and all edge gone to fielders .when Kohli was going through such period it was happened same things to him .

I think Babar has changed his habit of scoring some runs let alone the century. It was a poor show from him on this tour. Need to work hard to solve his issue with his technique.

In a recent interview with a local sports platform, Fakhar Zaman praised Babar for his ability to effortlessly rotate the strike and ease the pressure during matches. He said:

"I have played Tests, ODIs, and T20s, and I have also batted with about 11 or 12 partners. The experience has been different in each format, but honestly, I enjoy batting the most with Babar Azam,"

"Babar minimizes dot balls, so there's less pressure on me. Even though I play aggressively, my job is to make the game easier for the non-striker. Whenever I have played with Babar, I feel that he makes it easier for me as well because it's not necessary to score runs by hitting boundaries every time, the way he rotates the strike or capitalizes on loose balls for boundaries brings me joy and makes playing with him a delightful experience."

In a recent interview with a local sports platform, Fakhar Zaman praised Babar for his ability to effortlessly rotate the strike and ease the pressure during matches. He said:

"I have played Tests, ODIs, and T20s, and I have also batted with about 11 or 12 partners. The experience has been different in each format, but honestly, I enjoy batting the most with Babar Azam,"

"Babar minimizes dot balls, so there's less pressure on me. Even though I play aggressively, my job is to make the game easier for the non-striker. Whenever I have played with Babar, I feel that he makes it easier for me as well because it's not necessary to score runs by hitting boundaries every time, the way he rotates the strike or capitalizes on loose balls for boundaries brings me joy and makes playing with him a delightful experience."
Fakhar Zaman says that Babar is his favorite batting partner and that Babar makes it much easier for him to bat and takes the pressure away.

On the same day Sarfraz has come out and said Rizwan is better.

Rizwan and Babar fans, we are unstoppable :rizwan :bobs

Fakhar Zaman says that Babar is his favorite batting partner and that Babar makes it much easier for him to bat and takes the pressure away.

On the same day Sarfraz has come out and said Rizwan is better.

Rizwan and Babar fans, we are unstoppable :rizwan :bobs

But but what should Fakhar say

Keep saying the

”if there is a super over, I’ll let Babar face first ball because he can hit six fours”

Well we haven't ever hit a six so don't be surprised if Babar changes that too

Is it “national praise Babar and Rizwan for doing nothing” day today in Pakistan?

Fakhar would trust Babar to make 30 off the last over if needed. Fakhar has full faith in our best batsmen Babar Azam.
Fakhar might. I don’t blame him, he’s not exactly the brightest bulb in the pack I guess.

“India and Australia are constructing their XIs like Pakistan”

“Fakhar will trust Babar to score 30 runs in a super over”

National Lampoons day

“Fakhar will happily stand at the other end so Babar can hit 30 runs in the over”

Hahahahaahahahaha

Fakhar would trust Babar to make 30 off the last over if needed. Fakhar has full faith in our best batsmen Babar Azam.
Highly doubt that as he's branded as an X factor.

It's just during interviews if he said something like Babar sucks then he'll get kicked out or the nation will scrutinize him.

No player on earth will go and bad mouth anyone because then people will just go on a rampage.

Only imad wasim and Amir had the guts to do it

Babar is doing injustice to Fakhar Zaman,he deserves to open the innings with Saim Ayub for Pakistan

after all this Buttering Fakhar still doesn't get a game :D

I think fakhar confused babar for kohli or quinton or rachin.

I haven't seen babar score a 100 since Nepal E Azam.

During an interview in a podcast, Fakhar Zaman replied to a question regarding if Babar Azam is the guiding force of the team:

"100 percent, there is no doubt about it. The character like Babar Azam, such a big player, the way he leads the team, as we say soldiers have to believe in his commander, and the belief we have in him I'll tell you after the podcast [laughs] but he has a very fantastic nature. And secondly, he is such a big performer; in every other match, he scores a century, and if not a century, then a half-century he scores. Even if he gets out on a duck, he stays the same, so that's his nature. It doesn't matter if he scores big; he will still treat us the same, and he is very humble."

its been 26 games since babar scored a century all formats combined

its been 26 games since babar scored a century all formats combined
How has it been 26? Last time he scored a 100 was last year aka Nepal E Azam.

After that he had 2 games against India, and 2 games against Sri Lanka and Afghanistan

So overall 4 odi's.

After that he played 9 games in the world cup so that makes 13 odi

Then he had 3 test games against Australia so overall 16.

And then he had 5 t20 games against NZ so 21.

And then he had 5 ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

@emranabbas nvm 😂😂😂😂😂😂.

@Hitman

10 t20 games, 13 odi games and 3 test. More odi them t20.

How has it been 26? Last time he scored a 100 was last year aka Nepal E Azam.

After that he had 2 games against India, and 2 games against Sri Lanka and Afghanistan

So overall 4 odi's.

After that he played 9 games in the world cup so that makes 13 odi

Then he had 3 test games against Australia so overall 16.

And then he had 5 t20 games against NZ so 21.

And then he had 5 ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

@emranabbas nvm 😂😂😂😂😂😂.

@Hitman

10 t20 games, 13 odi games and 3 test. More odi them t20.
3 tests that's 6 innings 🤣

3 tests that's 6 innings 🤣
Tbf to babar, 2 games were rained out and he didn't get a chance to bat.

The India game and the NZ game. Its really 24 tbf.

But the 26 mantra applies on the stats sheet. This is why I hate stats argument

For argument sake let's say he only played 10 games it's still not a century every other game

combined formats

rohit sharma scored 3 centuries and 1 50 in 9 games this year so far
kane williamson scored 3 centuries and 2 50's in 6 games this year so far
shubman gill scored 2 centuries and 2 50's in 7 games this year so far

"this is called century every other game"

For argument sake let's say he only played 10 games it's still not a century every other game
I already explained to everyone that babar regressed since 2022 but people are adamant on not believing me.

2016-2021 he was a good batsmen. I'm sure people who are critical of babar will disagree with me, but I do think he was good. I wouldn't call him world class but he was a genuine bat and a blessing for Pakistan. A good anchorer who could up the ante when set and smack at over 200.

For me the Australia 39 of 34 is a choke but not a frequent occurance.

Problem came from 2022 onwards.

2022 asia cup and world cup were so bad that its clear not only did he regress, his confidence was horrifically low and since then his form has been poor. Now he was always a weak player of spin but he wasn't that bad. Currently he's a tail ender against spin lol.

Especially overs 7-15 where he's regressed the most cause 7-15 is a spin haven.

Don't get me wrong babar will occasionally hit a few c teams here and their like he did against Nepal and like he did last game and will usually fail against top teams.

But from 2016-2021 he use to murder c teams and be decent enough against A teams which is fanboys called him world class, and Good cricket analysts called him a decent player but not world class.

From 2022 onwards he's basically a misbah type player, he'll occasionally smack c teams and will get that quick fire 50 like misbah did, but 90% of thr time he'll be slow. And against A teams he'll basically always be slow as molasses or will fail altogether.

combined formats

rohit sharma scored 3 centuries and 1 50 in 9 games this year so far
kane williamson scored 3 centuries and 2 50's in 6 games this year so far
shubman gill scored 2 centuries and 2 50's in 7 games this year so far

"this is called century every other game"
Well Rohit is an ATG. Shubman Gill and jaiswal are future ATG's and Williamson is an ATG captain and was a part of the fab 4. Amd in 2015 the fab 4 were the best players at the time, Steven Smith especially.

Not really a fair comparison. But then again fans are obsessed with making babar being somehow comparable to those 3 lol.

Back