Barrister Salman Naseer appointed COO PCB [Post#46]

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Lahore December 9, 2010: The Governing Board of Pakistan Cricket Board has appointed Mr. Subhan Ahmad as Chief Operating Officer PCB with immediate effect. The seat was lying vacant after the retirement of Mr. Wasim Bari from this position since November 1, 2010.

Subhan Ahmed has been working at the PCB since 1994. He has been closely involved with various departments and has successfully completed a number of assignments given to him over the course of his time at the PCB. He has distinguished himself with his work in the International Cricket Department. He has also worked in the Marketing department and recently was also given the responsibility of Acting Director of Human Resources and Administration.

Newly appointed COO holds a double MBA in Marketing as well as in Finance. As the Senior General Manager of International Cricket he was responsible for the management and planning of International Home and Away tours as well as planning and management of senior and junior future tours. He was also responsible for managing the central contracts of Pakistan Players.

Throughout his tenure at the PCB Mr. Ahmad has been working in close liaison with the ICC, ACC, and other International Boards. He was seconded for the first time to the ICC for a period of six months in 2001. He was stationed in Monaco and worked on the management of the ICC U-19 World Cup in New Zealand. He also developed the Contingency plans for the ICC World Cup 2003 which were approved by the ICC Executive Board. He was seconded for the second time to the ICC for a period of one month in which while working from Dubai he developed the Event Relocation plan for the ICC World Cup 2007. The ICC once again sought his services for another month in 2006 when he travelled to Jamaica for further development of the Match Relocation Plan for the ICC World Cup.

In his comments on his appointment Mr. Ahmad said, "It is an Honor for me to have been appointed as the new Chief Operating Officer at the PCB. I will accept my appointment as yet another challenge and will work with dedication to further the cause of Pakistan Cricket"

"Pakistan Cricket is facing multi-faceted issues at the current time. The return of International Cricket to Pakistan will be amongst one of my most important goals. We will work closely with the ICC and our partners in International Cricket Boards and institutions to help realize this critical goal. I am confident that with the support of the public and the media we will be able to convince the world of the necessity of resuming International Cricket to the levels of the past", he concluded.

Good to finally see someone with decent qualifications in Business as COO.

Good move, but my fear is that if he is not a yes man to butt, then he will be discarded pretty quickly.

Only in Pakistan is this counted as special qualification !

Newly appointed COO holds a double MBA in Marketing as well as in Finance...

Lahore December 9, 2010: The Governing Board of Pakistan Cricket Board has appointed Mr. Subhan Ahmad as Chief Operating Officer PCB with immediate effect. The seat was lying vacant after the retirement of Mr. Wasim Bari from this position since November 1, 2010.

Subhan Ahmed has been working at the PCB since 1994. He has been closely involved with various departments and has successfully completed a number of assignments given to him over the course of his time at the PCB. He has distinguished himself with his work in the International Cricket Department. He has also worked in the Marketing department and recently was also given the responsibility of Acting Director of Human Resources and Administration.

Newly appointed COO holds a double MBA in Marketing as well as in Finance. As the Senior General Manager of International Cricket he was responsible for the management and planning of International Home and Away tours as well as planning and management of senior and junior future tours. He was also responsible for managing the central contracts of Pakistan Players.

Throughout his tenure at the PCB Mr. Ahmad has been working in close liaison with the ICC, ACC, and other International Boards. He was seconded for the first time to the ICC for a period of six months in 2001. He was stationed in Monaco and worked on the management of the ICC U-19 World Cup in New Zealand. He also developed the Contingency plans for the ICC World Cup 2003 which were approved by the ICC Executive Board. He was seconded for the second time to the ICC for a period of one month in which while working from Dubai he developed the Event Relocation plan for the ICC World Cup 2007. The ICC once again sought his services for another month in 2006 when he travelled to Jamaica for further development of the Match Relocation Plan for the ICC World Cup.

In his comments on his appointment Mr. Ahmad said, "It is an Honor for me to have been appointed as the new Chief Operating Officer at the PCB. I will accept my appointment as yet another challenge and will work with dedication to further the cause of Pakistan Cricket"

"Pakistan Cricket is facing multi-faceted issues at the current time. The return of International Cricket to Pakistan will be amongst one of my most important goals. We will work closely with the ICC and our partners in International Cricket Boards and institutions to help realize this critical goal. I am confident that with the support of the public and the media we will be able to convince the world of the necessity of resuming International Cricket to the levels of the past", he concluded.

If Mr Subhan's academic and professional work achievements are in fact true than this represents a classical Pakistani dilemma.

You got these extremely bright and highly educated young graduates passing the civil service exams to take on the key positions at various govt departments, like high ranking custom officials, officers in taxation department, officers in law enforcement agencies, etc etc and then an a$$hole of a corrupt, illiterate and incompetent minister is placed on their heads as the department's Pharaoh.
What an amazing system we have?

If I am not wrong, Subhan Ahmed was also a part of the "Fact-finding Committee" formed after the Zoni-fiasco.
Media thinks he is a close friend of uncle Butt. :ibutt

how old is he guys????

I met Subhan during the tour of England earlier this year. He and the marketing manager were the main guys from the PCB organising the series versus Australia.

Seemed like a nice guy. I would say possibly between the age of 40 - 45.

If I am not mistaken, there were rumours that Yawar Saeed will be awarded this position. Thank God that didn't happen. Good luck to Subhan Ahmed!

Not the greatest picture of Subhan, but he's the guy behind Yawar, wearing the dark suit :-

IMG_0072.jpg

ah I saw him a couple of times in Dubai as well.

seems quite well qualified, hope he can prove that he is in this new position.

The guy used to be a mail room clerk or typist as a young boy. He has risen up all the way to be the COO. He is a survivor, PCB chairman's come and go but the guy remains in tact

Good connections than?
The guy used to be a mail room clerk or typist as a young boy. He has risen up all the way to be the COO. He is a survivor, PCB chairman's come and go but the guy remains in tact

PCB reportedly facing rifts among top management

Differences among the top management has brought daily operation at the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to a standstill with the chief operating officer Subhan Ahmed once again extended his leave.

Citing its sources, local media reported that differences between PCB's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Waseem Khan and the chief operating officer could not be resolved. Ahmed has taken leave for one more week, whereas, the meeting of PCB's governing board is scheduled for November 22 in Lahore, where the agenda of the meeting is about board's administrative affairs.

On the other hand, the daily affairs of the PCB have come to a standstill, with three top PCB officials not present at the headquarters. The report says PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani is on a private visit to England and is expected to return on Wednesday. Whereas, CEO Waseem Khan is in Australia to meet with Cricket Australia officials while Subhan is not coming to the office due to differences.

Meanwhile, PCB spokesman said that a decision will be made regarding giving No Objection Certificate (NOC) to players this week regarding their participation in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), which is scheduled from December 6 to January 11

Seven national cricketers including Wahab Riaz, Asif Ali and Mohammad Amir have been contracted to participate in the BPL

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/11/19/545718/pcb-reportedly-facing-rifts-among-top-management/

Subhan is probably resenting his loss of influence with Wasim Khan's entry

These people are running the show at the PCB for decades.

Same old recycled stuff.

About time someone shown him the place - Wasim needs to bring in competent professionals who work and move fast.

These old appointments will never allow anyone to challenge their authority and bring in accountability.

Subhan is probably resenting his loss of influence with Wasim Khan's entry

He's hanging onto his role somehow. He's one of the guys who has managed to keep his job despite changes of management.

He's hanging onto his role somehow. He's one of the guys who has managed to keep his job despite changes of management.

Like i said, he started his career in the PCB as a simple clerk/typist. Today he is the COO, numerous chairmen come and go but he keeps surviving. The story of all our institutions

Mr Subhan Ahmad has stepped down as the Pakistan Cricket Board’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) after nine years in the role, the Board of Governors were informed during their 56th meeting on Saturday.

Mr Subhan Ahmad said: “After more than twenty-five years with the PCB, it is an appropriate time for me to move on.

“It has been a wonderful journey and an honour to represent the PCB at international forums as well as to contribute in the PCB’s transformation from a semi-professional to a thoroughly professional and one of the best-performing organisations of the country.

“I am grateful to all my colleagues and peers for their support and guidance, and the role they played in my development as a professional and progression from a junior officer to the Chief Operating Officer. Without their backing and patronage, I would not have achieved my career targets and objectives.

“I will remain a well-wisher of the PCB.”

PCB Chairman Mr Ehsan Mani said: “Subhan has made outstanding contributions to the PCB with respect, humility and integrity. Over the past so many years, he was at the forefront when the PCB made changes to how it operated and negotiated lucrative commercial deals to ensure the sport continues to remain healthy and thrive in Pakistan. In this background, it is sad to see him depart.

“Subhan will reflect on his time at the PCB with a lot of pride as the organisation came out of age during his watch and earned the reputation as one of the most respected cricket bodies in the world. That is his legacy and an inspiration for all those who are or will serve this great institution in years to come.

“On behalf of the PCB, I thank Subhan for his untiring services and wish him well for the future. The PCB would like to continue to benefit from his experience and we will be discussing a role based on specific projects.”

According to Shoaib Akhtar, Wasim Khan was complaining to him that he had been trying to get rid of 3-4 officials at the PCB but was unsuccessful because these individuals have influential backers

Change is coming slowly. Hopefully the other dinosaurs leave along with him.

Lucky guy - sucked all the honey for “serving” PAK cricket, for 25 years, now happily leaving with at least an eight (could be nine) digit exit cheque. This guy was born with some luck!!!

I have a feeling he was asked to honorably resign rather than be fired.

My question is after dedicating half of his life to the PCB, what will he do now?

My understanding is that he hasn't been eliminated from the PCB entirely, he will be given a different assignment

There should be an audit on Subhan's career at the PCB. That audit should be made public.

The NCA like St. Georges Park and other such institutions needs to be located in different city. Ideally this city should be in one of the smaller cities. In my opinion it could be in South Punjab, Quetta, or in the North. Why is this topic relevant? It is relevant because the NCA is a combination of a Fitness Center, Practice Venue, and a Location where older cricketers hang out. Move this outside Lahore to a smaller city and some of the men affiliated with the PCB will leave their jobs on their own accord.

The NCA like St. Georges Park and other such institutions needs to be located in different city. Ideally this city should be in one of the smaller cities. In my opinion it could be in South Punjab, Quetta, or in the North. Why is this topic relevant? It is relevant because the NCA is a combination of a Fitness Center, Practice Venue, and a Location where older cricketers hang out. Move this outside Lahore to a smaller city and some of the men affiliated with the PCB will leave their jobs on their own accord.

Apparently Zakir Khan under Sethi had been let go from the PCB, but he was still drawing a salary from the PCB and only turning up to the NCA to use the fitness centre and then go home.

Not sure this guy did anything of note at the PCB.

How he stayed in this role for 9 years is beyond me.

Has overseen the decline of Pakistan cricket as many of the old guard at the PCB have.

Blame the players, blame the captains or coaches - but your cricket can only be as good as its administration. Case in point Pakistan, West Indies and Sri Lanka.

Congrats to PCB for removing the Subhan Ahmed.

The only beneficiary of adhoc setup where chairman was a political appointee of the patron in chief.

He and Shakeel Sheikh made merry in the absence and devastation of cricket associations from where most players used to come.

Became a conduit for powerful people to interfere and destroy the Pakistan national team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barrister Salman Naseer appointed Chief Operating Officer

Barrister Salman Naseer has been appointed PCB’s Chief Operating Officer after the BoG approved Mr Ehsan Mani’s recommendation who had led a recruitment process along with two BoG Members, Mr Asad Ali Khan and Mr Shahrez Abdullah Khan. Barrister Salman had been handling the additional charge of Acting Chief Operating Officer since 22 November 2019.

A Bar-at-Law from the prestigious City Law School and Lincoln’s Inn, London, Salman Naseer joined the PCB in September 2011.

During his time at the PCB, Salman Naseer has been involved in preparation and drafting of rules, codes, policies and bylaws pertaining to regulation of cricket, conduct of cricketers, employees, coaches and support personnel; conferencing and acting on behalf of players; prosecuting players for violating PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code; drafting and vetting of tender documents and commercial contracts including for Media Rights, Franchise Rights, Licensing Rights etc.

Reacting to his appointment, Salman Naseer said: “I am honoured to have been assigned this role at such an exciting time when international teams are regularly touring Pakistan and the entire HBL Pakistan Super League is taking place where it belongs. I look forward to working with the management team and making a meaningful contribution so that we can collectively transform the PCB into a high-performing organisation.”

PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani said: “I congratulate Salman on his appointment as the Chief Operating Officer. He is one of the brightest from the young generation of PCB staffers who have stepped up and taken on extra responsibility during his interim appointment.”

Good appointment- definitely better than the previous one. However, now I thing PCB needs to appoint one technical guy - as director cricket operations or may be chief technical officer, who’ll look after all the cricket related staffs - from U13 cricket to diet of national players. Coaches, selectors, groundsmen, umpires, academy directors ... from every level (domestic to international) will be under his command. Don’t see anyone local for the role - may be they should try to rehire Arthur for this one - he’ll be a hit.

LAHORE: More revelations have come to light regarding the “unfair” autonomy of Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) Chief Operating Officer (COO), Salman Naseer. According to the reports, the COO has played a conspiracy game with the cricket board body to occupy important position and promotions.

Earlier this year, Salman Naseer, was promoted in the audit report provided to the Standing Committee of the National Assembly. COO of PCB, Salman Naseer, was promoted from Senior Manager Legal to COO in February 2019 and received a substantial pay raise of PKR 8,25,000.

According to the sources, there has been a strong reaction on social media, assessing the scale of Salman Naseer. People have been calling out the PCB for not considering Salman’s experience or age when appointing him in the past. Promotion to the post of COO also appears illegal as well.

Barrister Salman Naseer has done his bar-at law from the prestigious City Law School and Lincoln’s Inn, London.

Those against the unfair appointment have also questioned the scale on which Salman Naseer is measured. According to them, Salman Naseer is only held in high regard due to his educational degree and respect, which they have criticised is the same as any other potential candidate for the post.

It is also being argued that Chief Operating Officer is currently working as a one-man-show in PCB. According to some, he is attempting to take complete control of the board. His sever-year of experience is also being questioned.

His appointment as COO was made without any public notice, which is also against the law. The Departmental Accounts Committee (DAC) directed management to enquire about the matter but his appointment could not be overruled.

The COO himself has not issued any statement regarding these allegations.

https://en.baaghitv.com/pcbs-salman-naseer-gets-into-big-trouble/

Back