Best beard trimmer...

Gujar

First Class Player
Runs
I usually get my beard done at the barbers when I get a haircut but this usually means that for about 4/5 weeks I don't touch it, so it goes a bit wild. I've got a Babyliss trimmer now which is good for controlling the length but I want something a bit more small and nimble so I can control the shape of the beard more easily, so something which will just clean up the unwanted hairs outside the beard area. Anybody good any recommendations?

I prefer a visit to the barbers once a week...nothing beats a cut throat beard trim...

^ True.

I'd give massive recommendation to Wahl; Its what most barbers use and if you can't afford the 50 pounds pro trimmers, Wahl's Home Beard Trimmers are excellent; Just look after them and they stay sharp and last and cut to whatever style you want

If you buy the grooming set, you can keep it neat or sport everything from the Stubble look, to the Preening-idiot tram line Pencil thin look, to the Neat Trim Manchester City Owner look to the Fazl-ur-Rahman's Mazhabee-but-Meticulously neat look. etc etc.

I use Andis T-2 pro I think. Barbers use this to make lines/sideburns etc.

I just go to the barber, much less of a headache.

Stubble/beard trimmer recommemdations

Hey guys, i need some recommendations for any good stubble/beard trimmers. Basically, i have to say, i have awesome stubble MashAllah lol. And i think i look better with stubble then clean shaven (i shave once a week and even that, in the evening so i dont have to whole day clean shaven looking not as good).

So does anyone know/use any good trimmers? Remember i am a student so i cant afford a top of the range bank-breaker, but at the same time i dont want something thatll break after 2 months.

Wahl sterling 2 is the best trimmer used by professional barbers, don't waste money on other trimmers! it costs about 50 quid from jinnysmall.com, That is the cheapest you'll get it for!

any remington titanium MS models

you hath seeneth my pictures young mohsin

easily one of the best trimmers around

good for fine lines

got it for 42 something euro...

Which beard trimmer do you use?

Curious to know which beard trim PP’er use. Haven’t really found a good one which gives you a good combination of stubble and shapes up your beard to perfection just how the barbers would do it.

I know blades are the answer to shaped up beard but my skin tends to be sensitive so I prefer beard trimmers.

So Pp’ers which beard trimmer do you all use? How is it?

I would recommend a Phillips as it is pretty good.

I use a Remington one as I can’t keep a beard since it gets too itchy on my upper lip. So, it gets the job done and has been working like a charm for three plus years despite me not cleaning it with oil because I lost the bottle. :yk

i use a wahl detailer and a brio beardscape. research the brio beardscape- its amazing, usa product, blade is ceramic- better - cuts better. With this machine you can set everything - even how fast it can but.

just type brio bearscape in youtube and see the reviews, honestly its better than all the wahl hair trimmers

i use a wahl detailer and a brio beardscape. research the brio beardscape- its amazing, usa product, blade is ceramic- better - cuts better. With this machine you can set everything - even how fast it can but.

just type brio bearscape in youtube and see the reviews, honestly its better than all the wahl hair trimmers

Is it easy to open and clean?

That’s also a reason why I don’t keep a long stubble beard because the cleanup is far too much effort.

Is it easy to open and clean?

That’s also a reason why I don’t keep a long stubble beard because the cleanup is far too much effort.

My cousin uses Wahl T Detailer. Bro, it’s on my list. It shapes up your beard so sharply. Especially the hair just above your upper lip. Someone uploaded a review which I came across, it seems pretty good. Cordless available as well now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XcVpEU4efEQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XcVpEU4efEQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a manly beard, none of this three day shadow beard girly nonsense. Requires a lot more maintenance though.

Have a manly beard, none of this three day shadow beard girly nonsense. Requires a lot more maintenance though.

May God protect me from girls who have three day shadow beard.

I've got a trimmer but I wasted money since I don't know how to use it. I've always messed it up when I try to line up my own beard and eventually have to go clean shaved until it grows back. :facepalm: :livid:

I will go to the barber though once every 2 weeks.

I've got a trimmer but I wasted money since I don't know how to use it. I've always messed it up when I try to line up my own beard and eventually have to go clean shaved until it grows back. :facepalm: :livid:

I will go to the barber though once every 2 weeks.

Try the Cut Buddy.

Works really well and now I only have to worry about the below-the-lips section and the mustache.

Everything else the template will do for you.

Clean shave is the best:sm I feel ten years younger after making this monumental decision a year back. Paisay bachwao daadi manwao!!:yk

Yea my brother has that stubble style I hate it lol. I don't really trim my beard I just line it up. Have gotten to a plateau where it just grows really slow so I don't have to worry.

If I’m being honest - a pair of kitchen scissors.

Mrs Robert asked me to grow a full face beard.

I use the flip out cutter bit on the Remmington shaver to chop it back and shape it.

Clean shave is the best:sm I feel ten years younger after making this monumental decision a year back. Paisay bachwao daadi manwao!!:yk

Lol, Beards protect against UV. It's the best natural sun screen. One more reason to keep beards...

Having a beard makes you look more manly and full of wisdom, why would you want to look like a child? Look at a pic a pic of Jordan Peterson from 2 years ago and compare it to a pic from a montn ago, man looks like a badasss!

Having a beard makes you look more manly and full of wisdom, why would you want to look like a child? Look at a pic a pic of Jordan Peterson from 2 years ago and compare it to a pic from a montn ago, man looks like a badasss!

So clean shaven Imran Khan looks like a child to you??. Rather he looks much younger then his age as the white does not show. Once a man starts shaving the baby appearance leaves the face within a few weeks so nothing ti worry about there. Being a "badass" may be quality to you but not to me. The current beard thing is just a cultural phenomena that will pass with time.

Idk why people want to look younger.

And to those saying beards are a trend. No they are not. Beards have existed forever and they will last forever. No matter how much people hate them. If anything, clean shaven is just a trend that is going away now. As it was very rare before and only became popular in the last 100 years or so.

A well maintained beard looks much classier than a clean shaven face.

Its will take too much effort.

I also use a pair of scissors, trimmers are for three day "beards" etc but using it on actual man beards is blasphemy. It took me a while to get a hang of it and the old school blades for the contours but now it has become second nature.

If I use an electric razor it quickly jams due to its attempted extraction of scraggly beard hairs.

Been using scissors for a couple of years now. Can also be combined with a cheap plastic comb so you can better judge the length that you are taking off.

Only downside with this approach is that it creates a lot of mess, which earns me a serious scolding from the wife if I don’t clean up after myself properly (in woman speak, that means your best efforts have been ignored and there is one tiny shaving left behind in the sink).

If I use an electric razor it quickly jams due to its attempted extraction of scraggly beard hairs.

Been using scissors for a couple of years now. Can also be combined with a cheap plastic comb so you can better judge the length that you are taking off.

Only downside with this approach is that it creates a lot of mess, which earns me a serious scolding from the wife if I don’t clean up after myself properly (in woman speak, that means your best efforts have been ignored and there is one tiny shaving left behind in the sink).

I usually shower after I trim my beard (as usually get a lot of it on my hands and chest) and clean the sink after I am done but there is always that one pesky beard hair in the sink that appears from nowhere after I leave. It's just one of those things that happens that no one can ever explain.

I usually shower after I trim my beard (as usually get a lot of it on my hands and chest) and clean the sink after I am done but there is always that one pesky beard hair in the sink that appears from nowhere after I leave. It's just one of those things that happens that no one can ever explain.

How do you stop it from itching without using balm/oils?

Cause every time it starts getting a little heavy on my upper lip, it irritates me to the point of removal.

Cause every time it starts getting a little heavy on my upper lip, it irritates me to the point of removal.

You cannot have a beard without using oils/balms (and regular brushing). I use a mixture from a small local coiffure who have been making them at home from the past 100 years or so. I went to several till I found out what suited me best, for example I used a more rigid one once and it felt like I was carrying a cement replica on my beard, or one was too wet and it curled up my beard.

If you don't have such a place or someone near you to give you advice or try out different things till you find the right mixture you can do some research and order from amazon what you feel might be best.

Also do lightly oil your beard once a week for a few hours and scramble it in such a way that the pores are open and you can actually feel the air on the skin, then wash it off with a beard balsam instead of soap/shampoo etc as it makes it too dry and hard.

You cannot have a beard without using oils/balms (and regular brushing). I use a mixture from a small local coiffure who have been making them at home from the past 100 years or so. I went to several till I found out what suited me best, for example I used a more rigid one once and it felt like I was carrying a cement replica on my beard, or one was too wet and it curled up my beard.

If you don't have such a place or someone near you to give you advice or try out different things till you find the right mixture you can do some research and order from amazon what you feel might be best.

Also do lightly oil your beard once a week for a few hours and scramble it in such a way that the pores are open and you can actually feel the air on the skin, then wash it off with a beard balsam instead of soap/shampoo etc as it makes it too dry and hard.

Thanks.

I am going to try the bald and bearded look for a while as the frizzy thin hair is sweating non-stop during the summer.

you cant you do have to use beard oil - balm is for shaping the beard - this is needed once the beard is big for the balm.

oil is for any short and long beard - just purchase some beard oil - not expensive - which country do you live in?

what is the product called? which country do you live in? im searching to buy more beard oil.

regarding washing the beard - you can just co-wash the beard with some beard conditioner 2 times a week - remaining of the week wash it with standard lukewarm water - then use beard shampoo once a week - thoroughly to clean the beard.
Tbh its no different to washing your head hair.

If your going for a longer beard - then you do have to purchase a wooden beard comb - not a cheap plastic one - cheap plastic one will damage your hair. Also you do have to dry your beard hair thoroughly after washing it - it will stop the hair curling up - a cheap hairdryer is good enough.

I will post some beard tips videos from you tube below

Back