Best Resturant in Rawalpindi

Xohaib

First Class Captain
Runs
I want to know the best place to eat as per taste.
NOte:man who wants to know is lahori.

Haji Caplal Kabab? Afghani Tikka (can't recall where it is or what exactly it is known as).

Namak Mandi and Rendezvous are the top recommendations I got.

Last edited:
Here you go. Namak Mandi is quite famous and good as well. JazakALLAH Khair Sana!

Also take them to Pir-Suhawa, they will surely like it.

Oh, yeah. Pir Sohawa was probably one of the best dining experiences of my life, but it's more the whole package than just the food. Halwa puri and kababs and chai there on a winter morning, mmm. Though technically it's not in Pindi.

Nandos. :afridi

But, yeah, Namak Mandi is decent. Pir Sohawa (Isb) is more for the atmosphere rather than the food, but it's a great place to go at night if you're going in a group.

Oh, yeah. Pir Sohawa was probably one of the best dining experiences of my life, but it's more the whole package than just the food. Halwa puri and kababs and chai there on a winter morning, mmm. Though technically it's not in Pindi.

Yeah but its not that from Pindi.

whats the restaurant close to pir suhava

"manaal" I think or something

Amazing view, amazing food, my guarantee they will like the place

"manaal" I think or something

Amazing view, amazing food, my guarantee they will like the place

Yep it's a top place. Great food, great atmosphere. I think its the biggest restaurant in Pakistan by seating capacity. Can't wait to go again.

usmania....larosh,,,

savour...

mama burger (st town)

theres a tikka wala in mochi bazar (near urdu bazaar) ,, tikkas are quite awesome

Not exactly in Pindi but you can take him to Monal Restaurant. On top of a mountain. The food there is really good. And the view is fantastic.

Thanks everyone.
I am not taking him anywhere,so it has to be in pindi.

I am sure he will fill CNG tank for you once ;-)

oh man.
she is a girl.
She lives in hostel in isloo.
She went to some restaurant today in commercial and didnt like the food and left it there without eating.
ab samaj aye.

"manaal" i think or something

amazing view, amazing food, my guarantee they will like the place

had the time of my life at this place on a breezy warm evening!

Fantastic

Kentucky Restaurant (not the same as KFC, its has desi food)..in Sadar

foods excellent, atmosphere umm not so much..its usually very busy

Depends what type of restaurant u like
If u want something like stakes or a good english meal go to te texas stake house, go there its really good, i think its some where in sadar, it is in the same mall where kfc is, its on the secound or third floor.

If u want to go to fast food then i would say go to subway, they ahve good sandwiches and even in pakistan they make tehir own buns there, and i think subway is the best fast food restaurant in rawalpindi

For sweets, u can go to fresco- where they sell mithai, its really a good place, u can go to rahat bakery and gett some good sandwiches

There is even a duncan donuts in sadar to.

Savour food the best restaurant in pakistan i believe i just love them:inzi

BUt texas stake house is place u have to try, they serve very very good food.

I will tel u more later on

Last edited:
As many like me have said, in Islamabad/Pindi, Monal is the place to go at any time of the year.

Brilliant, absolutely top notch

At the OP, you and your acquaintances should go there, will have a brilliant time

Theres also some good sheesha there if I'm not mistaken, and the weather will be perfect for that as well.

Good food, brilliant view/atmosphere, sheesha, brilliant weather. Makes the perfect combination IMO

and its not a very long drive. Will take you 45 minutes- 1 hour I'd say from the edge of Pindi
Worth it for 1 night

I really liked Pizza Hutt when I was there.

WOW

And i loved the McDonalds in Pindi

Mate, when you go to Pindi and your relatives want to eat something from there, you don't take them to a chain that serves the same food in virtually every country in the world

WOW

Mate, when you go to Pindi and your relatives want to eat something from there, you don't take them to a chain that serves the same food in virtually every country in the world

I was quite disappointed with the quality of food at Mcdonalds, the burgers were not tasty at all.

Yeah sure there are others karahi places around, but Pizza Hut is a good alternative as the service and food quality was better than I expected.

WOW

Agree overall, but I went to a Pizza Hut in Karachi after 10 years or so, and they had stuff on the menu which I bet you won't find in any other country in the world. Like behari chicken kabab stuffed breadsticks. And karahi chicken pizza.

WOW

But if you live in the west you can hardly go to MacDonalds and order a big Mac so maybe it's not such a regular choice.

THe mc donalds in pak, is just famous cause of its name, nothing else, the only good thing there was a mac-arabian

yar bhot bhook laag re hai. Pindi walo, koi jagah batao :inzi

From core rawalpindi:
Bala Tikka House
Muhammad Nihari (the one from Lahore)
Shainsha (Food Street, Next to Pindi Stadium)

In Islamabad, across the road:

Roasters (Burgers)
Howdy (Charcoal Burgers / Few Steaks)
Atrio (Steaks/Burgers/Paninis/Pastas/Desserts)
Habibi (For desi/platters)
La Montana (Next to Monal - for scenic lunch - desi)
Golden Dragon (Next to Howdy - for Chinese)
Burning Brownie (For cakes/desserts and other meetha)
Doca Mocca (For daily dose of paninis/sandwiches/shashlik/fish etc)

The thing with Rawalpindi is that you'll get bundle of good desi things to eat, but there aren't any specific big brand names to serve them up. I had the tastiest pathorays of my life from a random 'thela' somewhere in banni.

If one's chasing burgers/steaks/pastas/sandwiches then Islamabad is def the place to be.

Its been over a decade since I left the warm embrace of the motherland, but back then, I had two favorites, at the opposite ends of the culinary spectrum: Texas Steak House, right above the KFC, and Shinwari's, somewhere in the back alleys close to the road with all the auto parts shops. The latter one was the original namak gosht purveyor in that part of the city, but I hear several more exist now, and even call themselves Shinwari.

In both instances, you should chase the food down with a glass of Haq Bahu Rabri, and then fall asleep on the sidewalk, because it will knock you out. The cops will eventually come and kick you in the ribs, and then search you for drugs, before letting you go.

The best restaurants in Pindi are in Islamabad :afridi

Few Places of Rawalpindi I have been to. Actually Rwp has plenty of high class food Spots. Not comparable with Lahore though.

1. College Road Samosa Chaat.

2. Kareem Samosay Saddar.

3. Channa Chaat, Lobia Chaat Seroze Cinema.

4. Roll Paratha Refreshment Centre.

5. Halwa Poori Refreshment Centre

6. Sajji Choorh Chowk Cafe.
K
7. Chicken Ginger Blue Lagoon Restaurant.

8. Daal Makhni , Mix Vegetable Sun Set Suites & Restaurant Peshawar Road.

9. Chicken Makhni Al Sheikh Restaurant Banni.

10. Chicken Mutton Karahi (Bala Tikka House Banni)

11. Chicken Biryaani (Student Biryaani)

12. Chicken Pulao (Savour College Road)

13. Nihari (Puraani Sabzi Mandi)

14. Fry Fish (Mustafa Darul Mahi)

15. Pizza (Tehzeeb Bakers)

16. Ice Cream (Chamman)

17. Chicken Burgers (Bread & Butter Bakers)

18. Chicken Corn Soup (Softo Saddar)

19. Deghee Broast (Corner Foods)

Few Places of Rawalpindi I have been to. Actually Rwp has plenty of high class food Spots. Not comparable with Lahore though.

K

16. Ice Cream (Chamman)

Wow what an extensive list..

Sir you are super busy these days? Don't show up on PP anymore

Its been over a decade since I left the warm embrace of the motherland, but back then, I had two favorites, at the opposite ends of the culinary spectrum: Texas Steak House, right above the KFC, and Shinwari's, somewhere in the back alleys close to the road with all the auto parts shops. The latter one was the original namak gosht purveyor in that part of the city, but I hear several more exist now, and even call themselves Shinwari.

In both instances, you should chase the food down with a glass of Haq Bahu Rabri, and then fall asleep on the sidewalk, because it will knock you out. The cops will eventually come and kick you in the ribs, and then search you for drugs, before letting you go.

Texas steak house was my favourite restaurant when i was a kid. Now it has become terrible, there service and the lunatics that go to that restaurant now have made it all terrible.

Which shinwari you talking about? The one close to Rahat(tehzeeb) bakery? THat one closed down.

Savour pulao

been eating savour ever since it used to be for 30 rupees.

I used to love it, now i hate it.

The kabab stinks and now i just dont like the rice, i kind of find them unhygienic.

seems like there is an opportunity for opening high end non-desi restaurants in Pindi going by TalentSpotters list

I have been to Pindi only couple of times and i was introduced to this restaurant in Bahria named as Relish cuisine!

AMAZING MENU AMAZING TASTE 10/10 FOR ME!!

It is always in my plan to visit Pindi to grab a bite again from this place.

Texas steak house was my favourite restaurant when i was a kid. Now it has become terrible, there service and the lunatics that go to that restaurant now have made it all terrible.

Which shinwari you talking about? The one close to Rahat(tehzeeb) bakery? THat one closed down.

There's plenty of other steak places. Bull Steak House in Bahria Town is great. There's one in Super Market on the top of a building which is one of the bests in Isb. Then there's Chicago Steak house in Civic Center, Bahria Town. Personally, one of my favorite places to have steaks at is Armani Lounge in Bahria Town Phase 7.

These places have great dining experience and a lot of options.

My top favorite restaurants in Isb (other than the ones I've mentioned in the previous comments) are:

- Tuscany Courtyard, Islamabad. - This restaurant has to be one of the bests in Islamabad. A little too expensive, however. Perhaps because it's most common customers are the elites of the city.
- Street 1 Cafe, Kohsar Market, Islamabad - Another common place for the elites but the entire dining experience is amazing in the middle of the Islamabad beauty.
- Highland country club - A few miles from Monal. Beautiful place. Absolutely beautiful and to add to that, even the food is great. The entire aura is splendid.
- Howdy, Islamabad. - Now this is a fast food restaurant and is in other cities too, like Lahore. However, I absolutely love it here. Its in the middle of the city of Islamabad but you wont really find too many stalker, weird people here either because only Islamabadi's know of this place. Great food. Has the best burger I've ever had. One of the bests, if not the best. Great steaks too.

I have been to Pindi only couple of times and i was introduced to this restaurant in Bahria named as Relish cuisine!

AMAZING MENU AMAZING TASTE 10/10 FOR ME!!

It is always in my plan to visit Pindi to grab a bite again from this place.

:)) restaurant closed down. It has been replaced from some other restaurant

There's plenty of other steak places. Bull Steak House in Bahria Town is great. There's one in Super Market on the top of a building which is one of the bests in Isb. Then there's Chicago Steak house in Civic Center, Bahria Town. Personally, one of my favorite places to have steaks at is Armani Lounge in Bahria Town Phase 7.

These places have great dining experience and a lot of options.

Steaks are bad everywhere in pindi isloo.
They dont have special cuts and the meats end up having that weird meat taste which they dont end up finishing

The only best steak house that exists is Jasons steak house in pc rawalpindi.

Abit pricy but they have special designer cuts and the best steaks in the whole twin cities

My top favorite restaurants in Isb (other than the ones I've mentioned in the previous comments) are:

- Tuscany Courtyard, Islamabad. - This restaurant has to be one of the bests in Islamabad. A little too expensive, however. Perhaps because it's most common customers are the elites of the city.
- Street 1 Cafe, Kohsar Market, Islamabad - Another common place for the elites but the entire dining experience is amazing in the middle of the Islamabad beauty.
- Highland country club - A few miles from Monal. Beautiful place. Absolutely beautiful and to add to that, even the food is great. The entire aura is splendid.
- Howdy, Islamabad. - Now this is a fast food restaurant and is in other cities too, like Lahore. However, I absolutely love it here. Its in the middle of the city of Islamabad but you wont really find too many stalker, weird people here either because only Islamabadi's know of this place. Great food. Has the best burger I've ever had. One of the bests, if not the best. Great steaks too.

My friends also love howdys, i liked it too.

I go there occasionally, but i think their burgurs are allright, nothing over the top. Yeh its better then all other localities though.

But i would still prefer a whopper over it.

There steaks are chicken also

I love beef burgur, but there are so many restaurants in pindi that dont bother removing that weird beef taste with proper cleaning.

Beef meat should be cooled properly or that weird liver taste comes up.

I have been to some good restaurants who made good burgurs but what killed it is that weird beef taste

That's a shame. I was so looking forward to eating there again, whenever I get around to visiting. All things must pass, or so they say.

The Shinwari I was talking about was the first one. I don't remember the street, but I don't recall it being close to the bakery.

K

16. Ice Cream (Chamman)

Kiya Yaad dilaya diya!! - Are you from Pindi too?

I have been to pretty much every place you mentioned and I left Pakistan and Pindi some 20 years ago. I wonder if some of these places still exists? - In my time some of these places were very popular...

not a restaurant but one should definitely try Afghan sausage burgers in G-9/4 Market (not karachi company). It is rated very highly by us Islamabadis.

Just 50 Rs and amazing taste.

Some others:

Italian Oven in F-19 Markaz for Pizza
Kabul restaurant kabuli pulao.
Monal for tikka and amazing view.
Rahat for Pizza.
Roasters.
Des Pardes.

Although winters are almost over now but anyone going to Islamabad must try the chicken corn soup in Karachi Company (G-9 Markaz). In winters it takes looong to get your turn. Just amazing!

Roll Parathas in F-10 Markaz are amazing too. But yeah bit expensive then some other place which is understandable as F-10 is one of the most posh Area of Islamabad.

Man im craving for a beef burger somewhere from

not fast food though. Please give suggestions

Tuscany Courtyard or Street 1 Cafe.

They are extremely expensive though.

Relatively cheaper options are Jessie's or Howdy but still pretty expensive.

Char Grill Central or Tuscany. Do NOT go to Howdy unless you want burgers and steaks that taste like curry.

Char Grill Central or Tuscany. Do NOT go to Howdy unless you want burgers and steaks that taste like curry.

Howdy's buns are not fresh anymore. Roasters is a better choice. or go for Jessie/Warehouse.

CGC? lol. Chappal kabab rakh ke dedetay hain.

Tuscany is good but they serve very little for good price. Pait nai bharta.

You should try Qureshi Meat Shop / PorterHouse (both are same, one sells raw meat while the other one cooks it up for burgers/steaks/subs etc). I find them of good quality. They are next to Tuscany F-6.

Although winters are almost over now but anyone going to Islamabad must try the chicken corn soup in Karachi Company (G-9 Markaz). In winters it takes looong to get your turn. Just amazing!

Maybe because its Karachi Company AKA Central Bus Station.

Roll Parathas in F-10 Markaz are amazing too. But yeah bit expensive then some other place which is understandable as F-10 is one of the most posh Area of Islamabad.

Taimuri?

K

16. Ice Cream (Chamman)

No Butt Karahi? Overprice Mamoo Burger? International Burger?

No Butt Karahi? Overprice Mamoo Burger? International Burger?

International Burger near Sirose Cinema ? It's good but not exceptional. I may be wrong :)

Please mention Butt Karahi location :)

Also someone mention PWHD Karahi spot location.

GUYSSSS

i found the best biryani in rawalpindi

Its in PWD. Biryani Central. Next to Tehzeeb.

Back