Best way to hit out in tape ball?

from_da_lost_dim3nsion

First Class Captain
Runs
I am struggling in getting boundaries in tape ball cricket . What would be the best way to hit the ball to the boundaries.The bowlers I am playing against are pretty decent with good pace( but not unplayable). I usually stand right on the crease line . Should l i change my stance?

I stand by taking leg stump. swing at every ball and don't care about getting out. If it is short or medium pitched, just play cross. If it's a full toss, give yourself some room and hit it hard... and if it's a full length or yorker type, just play straight

I am struggling in getting boundaries in tape ball cricket . What would be the best way to hit the ball to the boundaries.The bowlers I am playing against are pretty decent with good pace( but not unplayable). I usually stand right on the crease line . Should l i change my stance?

Take stance at leg stump, keep your bat above the wicket- this comes handy when you're trying to play short bowling off a fast bowler. If you're good at playing offside shots then this would suit your style. Make sure you go at the ball in full flow, meaning extend the arms when you're hitting a shot, that will help you to get leverage on the ball. I don't know with how big boundaries you play with, but I usually find the cut shot is the best, slice over cover for four runs. Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:

You probably hold the grip from the bottom, which is why you're more good of a batsman at playing ground shots.. If you wanna hit long ones, you gotta grip the bat from up.. Take a look @ how Razzaq holds his bat

I find transferring your weight onto your back foot helps a lot when trying to hit out.

Move your foot foward and do a straight drive to a straight full ball because when i play tape ball cricket in the road no matter how fast you can even close your eyes and straight drive and the ball will fly

gussay mein rehna hai gussay mein

there's no LBW in tape ball............so use that advantage

meaning, take middle stump guard and also use ur legs to block the ball incase u miss it

depending on the size of the ground....if boundaries are easily reachable, then go for sixes instead of along the ground shots, and PLAY STRAIGHT..

don't forget, all the basic cricketing skillz still apply here also.....play the ball on merit..

target certain bowlers, the ones you're comfortable playing against.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS, then only option left is add "jamal kootta" to opposition player's drinks/food :asif

Get a lighter bat, reduce the bat lift and generate force with your wrists as opposed to using your shoulders.

Back