Bowling inquiry.

iZaman

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Post of the Week
I tend to bowl too many no balls while trying to bowl fast.
I try to jump from behind the wickets but that just disturbs my rhythm and concentration.

Is there a solution to this problem?

PS: To gain pace I use the Brett Lee technique i.e stretching my left foot as far as I can and using the strength in arm to bowl

It's all about rhythm...

You jus need to practice the timing of the release of the ball.

As long as the ball is being released at the same point in the air with all the forces you are applying in your action then your feet will sort themselves out with the right length of run up.

The no balls are probably happening cos you are over compensating for something when your action changes when trying to bowl extra fast.

Practice with match pace but releasing the ball at the right/same point in the air.

It's all about rhythm...

You jus need to practice the timing of the release of the ball.

As long as the ball is being released at the same point in the air with all the forces you are applying in your action then your feet will sort themselves out with the right length of run up.

The no balls are probably happening cos you are over compensating for something when your action changes when trying to bowl extra fast.

Practice with match pace but releasing the ball at the right/same point in the air.

Hmm, thank you for the advice.

So where should my point of releasing the ball be?
Before the crease? Shall I not 'use' the crease?

Hmm, thank you for the advice.

So where should my point of releasing the ball be?
Before the crease? Shall I not 'use' the crease?

When I mean release it's the point in the air.

Using the crease is fine but you still have to release the ball at a comfortable point.

I try and release the ball at the point just past when the hand is at its highest point.

But each person will differ slightly depending on their action.

I would just practice with slightly different positions.. And find the point that is most comfortable.

But when you practice.... the run up and jump must be at full pace. Don't worry about where the foot is actually landing.

Once you have found the most comfortable point and the point which delivers the fastest ball, then look to see how far your foot is falling past the line and adjust the run up accordingly.

In other words u shouldn't be thinking about your feet in the middle of your delivery stride.

You should be fully focussed on the action, the release point and the type of ball u are bowling.

what you do is.. what i did:D take 2-3 steps from the line (wickets) and mark it with some think good visible and from then on jump from 3 feets behind orignal line (same as internationall players do)

I tend to bowl too many no balls while trying to bowl fast.
I try to jump from behind the wickets but that just disturbs my rhythm and concentration.

Is there a solution to this problem?

PS: To gain pace I use the Brett Lee technique i.e stretching my left foot as far as I can and using the strength in arm to bowl

Any joy?

Practice, get a fixed run-up, do that run-up hundreds of times without no-ball and then you won't bowl them
e.g. my run up is 23 steps, I stick to it never shorten or legnthen it

Back