CA Test 8000 vs GN Oblivion 5 Star

FK96

Debutant
Runs
Hi my name is Farhan. I was looking to buy a new cricket bat and I've narrowed my options down to two bats, the ca test 8000 or the gray nicolls oblivion 5 star. I would appreciate your opinion on which cricket bat is better. Also I was just wondering what is the difference between a Ca Test bat and a Ca plus bat. Also I would be grateful if anyone has any pictures of the bats. Thank you.

oblivion is a lot better it would be the best and sorry man i have no pics and i dont know the difference between test and plus.

Thank you. I thought the ca test 8000 was a grade 1 willow and the th oblivion 5 star was grade 2. Could you please give me your opinion, thank you.

Last edited:
There is no difference between the Test & Plus series.

The Test is made for the UK market,as far as I know.

Offtopic-Are you a Bangladeshi and a huge fan of Shakib Al Hasan?

ye my parents were born in Bangladesh and moved to england where i was born. Ye i'm a big fan of shakib, he's a legend. Tanks for the help i think i might go for the gn oblivion 5 star.

on what pitches do u play ur cricket? if u play in england, i'd say go for oblivion, it would suit british fashioned cricket there, but if you are in asia, go for the ca, both are very fine bats!

Ye I play in England. So the oblivion is probably the best option to go for. Which bat do you think will last longer because I heard Asian bats break easily. Cheers for your help.

Ye I play in England. So the oblivion is probably the best option to go for. Which bat do you think will last longer because I heard Asian bats break easily. Cheers for your help.

yes asian bats are pressed softly for getting lighter weight and a better ping, thus they break easily as compared to english bats, they won't break easily!

ok cheers i'm gonna order this week and i'll let you guys know how good it is.

Back