Can we please see some pride and fighting spirit?

GLORY OF '92

ODI Debutant
Runs
This tour has been an awful spectacle because after about 6 years I am seeing a Pakistan Test team which has given up and has no pride in their record and reputation.

Unless Babar and Sarfraz can play brilliantly tomorrow then it's fair to say this team is done and we will languish at 5 or 6 until we manage to rebuild.

Honestly I saw barely any passion yesterday. Only from Sohail and Imran. Sometimes things aren't going for you, but you have to fight it out. Which is what we failed to do.

I just wonder, if Pakistan struggles then surely Bangladesh will do too.

But what will be the reaction from neutral fans?
"Oh look Bangladesh can't win abroad"

This is an era of home track bullies.

NZ would have same fate in subcontinent

Pak being no 1/2 test team is getting whipped in nz then for all 'it doesn't matter' but when no 9 Bangladesh would do the same all will say " take away their test status" . How one eyed judgment!!!!

The bitter truth is not only bangladesh but everyone is 'minnow' now a days outside home.

Pak being no 1/2 test team is getting whipped in nz then for all 'it doesn't matter' but when no 9 Bangladesh would do the same all will say " take away their test status" . How one eyed judgment!!!!

The bitter truth is not only bangladesh but everyone is 'minnow' now a days outside home.

I think you guys are missing one point here. BD has one 1 test at home against big team in entire history. I have hardly seen anyone picking on BD for not winning outside. Most fans criticized BD for not winning anything at home. 1 test is a good start. If BD wins 8-10 tests at home then away performances comes in picture.

Pride and fighting spirit will not give you the ability and technique to score runs on green pitches.

I think you guys are missing one point here. BD has one 1 test at home against big team in entire history. I have hardly seen anyone picking on BD for not winning outside. Most fans criticized BD for not winning anything at home. 1 test is a good start. If BD wins 8-10 tests at home then away performances comes in picture.

You will hear it (not winning outside home) in late december/january when Bangladesh will take on NZ in NZ.

Pride and passion may have been missing from the first Test but not so much this Test.
The problem here is the bowlers are taking too long to get their lengths right while the batsmen are failing to adjust to the conditions.

Btw I thought Babar Azam batted beatifully - technically so sound, hitting the bad balls but respecting the good balls with a straight bat and good footwork.

Thats then best I have seen him bat so far given the alien conditions to him. He looked so comfortable unlike the others. I hope he gets a big score.

That's the only good ray of hope I saw yesterday on a disappointing day.

31 year unbeaten Test series record against NZ certain to be over now.

Last edited:
Pakistan has always struggled on green wickets. Not a single batsman have averaged 35 in SA in the entire history of Pakistan.

This is not a problem with team spirit.

You will hear it (not winning outside home) in late december/january when Bangladesh will take on NZ in NZ.

I think it's unrealistic expectation from BD to win away right now. If anyone picks on that then they don't understand cricket.

Pakistan has always struggled on green wickets. Not a single batsman have averaged 35 in SA in the entire history of Pakistan.

This is not a problem with team spirit.

SA has been tough for all Asian batsmen so I won't pick on Pakistani batsmen for that. Batsmen with 4+ tests in SA.

SA.jpg

Only SRT and VVS have scored 500+ runs with good average.

I think it's unrealistic expectation from BD to win away right now. If anyone picks on that then they don't understand cricket.

That's the issue with most fans everywhere. They are expecting us to register regular wins in all formats be it tests and ODIs.

All current test teams with the exception of srilanka have struggled in their early years. Bangladesh happened to be included in the big boy league in the 2000s where cricket was at it pinnacle in terms of quality teams. Another thing was the media attention which would mean our losses would get far too much attention.

Jarod Kimber a ESPN correspondent wrote an amazing article about our test journey and as per his opinion which was completely neutral, Bangladesh have fared better than most cricket teams in their earlier years. We didn't have a proper FC system. Our board was poor.

You will also see the mention of Afghanistan and Ireland. Now both these teams had the luxury of intercontinental cup and WT20s. These guys were genetically fitter than our players. Our players however, look more like athletes these days with the fitness level thanks to facilities.

If you ask me our case was out of the furnace and into the fire. Basically we were the laughing stock of world cricket and we still are to an extent. But at this point I don't mind this because if people are criticizing you it means you have achieved that stage which others haven't and that's a good thing. rather be Bangladesh and receive all the flak than being Kenya

Much needed. This is the time in the players must show some character.

Back