• Akele Hum Akele Tum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Some would say that he is currently the best actor in Bollywood and through they years he's given some fine performances.

Which is your favourite film of Aamir Khan's and why have you chosen that film in particular?

Fanaa - some really nice songs in it

However most films he does, are quite good.

u missed the movie, Mann.. also a goodish but emotional :( movie with manisha koirala

lol..this poll shud have an option 'All of them'

You need to add some more movies to the poll.. Andaaz Apna Apna , Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar , Mangal Pandey , Hum hain Raahi Pyaar ke , Ishq just to name a few.

Well it's pretty difficult to pick out just one movie, coz I've liked most of his movies. Though he is not my favorite actor, I do believe he is supremely talented. Still if I had to pick out one, I would say Sarfarosh. I would say that's his performance ever.

Taare Zameen Par too has go down as one of greatest directorial debuts ever by anyone, be it Bollywood, Hollywood or even Bhojpuri cinema.

Re: The poll.

Dont Bollywood actors star in about a thousand films a year - making it impossible to list all their films?

I'd trust Saj (the Bolly-Guru) on this.....

Oxy said:

Dont Bollywood actors star in about a thousand films a year - making it impossible to list all their films?

You know nothing about it do you

Lagaan by a country mile, one of the greatest ever bolywood movies!

Oxy said:

funny that of all the actors you have to pick a thread on amir khan to make that comment. that guy hardly has a movie released every year or two. the most professional actor in bollywood and did i mention that i hate bollywood. :|

"Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander" is that something that came out maybe around 1990. Had a cycle race in it?

12thMan said:
"Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander" is that something that came out maybe around 1990. Had a cycle race in it?

yea and i saw a similar english movie. can figure out which one "inspired" which? :p

Oxy said:

lol Oxy. I rely on Mrs Saj to give me all the Bollywood news. Must admit though we tend to pick and choose the films we watch these days as a number of the films arent suitable for family viewing.

nikred said:
funny that of all the actors you have to pick a thread on amir khan to make that comment. that guy hardly has a movie released every year or two. the most professional actor in bollywood and did i mention that i hate bollywood. :|

I know he looks like Hash :D

Amir Khan is one of the best of bollywood.. very rare talent.

He's an even greater favorite now for successfully dissing KKR's most famous cheerleader :))

switchblade said:
He's an even greater favorite now for successfully dissing KKR's most famous cheerleader :))
Tell me more about this !

Oxy said:
Tell me more about this !

Its all over frontpages of Indian news man !

http://publication.samachar.com/pub...&homeurl=http://www.samachar.com/mostread.php

Shah Rukh Khan licks my feet: Aamir
Press Trust of India
Thursday, May 15, 2008 (Mumbai)

Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan has said that he is not ruffled by Aamir Khan's latest blog post that talks about the former's pet dog named ''Shah Rukh''.

The superstar has said that he is taking it in spirit.

After Amitabh Bachchan's blog created a controversy with his remarks against veteran actor and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Shatrughan Sinha, Aamir's latest blogpost talks about his pet dog ''Shah Rukh'' at his home in Panchgani.

Aamir, who is recuperating from a hamstring injury suffered on the sets of ''Ghajini'', said he has nothing to do with the naming of the dog.

''Shah Rukh is the dog of the caretakers of our house. When I bought this house it came with the caretakers,'' he clarified in the blog.

When his reaction was sought to Aamir's blog, Sharukh on Thursday said he is not bothered and that he was taking it in the spirit.

''I have never bothered about it because I also say a lot of things in fun and I think I am also may be stressing somebody else out. I don't get stressed when friends pass comments like this. Actually I enjoyed it,'' Shah Rukh said.

Aamir said apparently, Shah Rukh, the actor was shooting a commercial in the Panchgani house, a few years ago, and that very day, the caretakers bought a pup and named him after the then rising star.

''What are the chances of me buying a house which comes with a dog called Shah Rukh. Some of my friends claim that I bought the house because of the dog. I would have to be a serious fan of Shah Rukh to want to do that. All I can say is that I'm waiting for him to come over,'' Aamir wrote on his blog.

This is not the first time that Aamir has taken a shot at Shah Rukh. A few months back he had said at an event ''I would like to ask Shah Rukh how it feels to be number two after Aamir.''

Aamir wrote in his blog, ''Shah Rukh is licking my feet and I am feeding him biscuits every now and then. What more I can ask for?"

He ends the entry saying, ''Shah Rukh is once again begging for my attention, so let me get back to him. He is smelling too much. I think he needs a bath. Heel Boy, heel.''

I voted for Lagaan, but Rangeela and Dil Chahta Hai were just as good. Andaz Apna Apna should be included in the list!

Mann, Dil, Love-Love-Love, Raakh, Jawani Zindabad, Deewana Mujh Sa Nahin, Dil Hai ke Maanta Nahin, Akele Hum Akele Tum just to name a few.

The list for the poll is woefully lacking.

The only Bollywood film I have seen properly from beginning to end is Lagaan and that was a pretty good film. So I vote for Lagaan.

It´s quite difficult to single out one particular one since he has worked in some amazing films but for me it will be 'Rang De Basanti' :19: . Simply an awesome film :14: :14: !!! 'Taare Zameen Pe' and 'Fanaa' would come very close.

Toony™® said:
update the list Saj Bhai.. some of his better films aren't even on the list.
More options added to the poll :22:

Lagaan was amazing but something made me vote for Taare Zameen Par That was an amazing movie of his aswell but i dont know what made me!!

Amir Khan is a very under-rated actor. Almost every movie he does is great. I have seen almost all of his movies and love 'em all. Much better actor then SRK!!!

Some good movies that should be added to the poll:
Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar
Ghulam
Mela
Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke

Last edited:
Inswinger said:
Amir Khan is a very under-rated actor. Almost every movie he does is great. I have seen almost all of his movies and love 'em all. Much better actor then SRK!!!
Can he dance and do rounto (crying) roles like SRK? Can he make the audience cry or laugh when he he does rounto roles?

12thMan said:
Can he dance and do rounto (crying) roles like SRK? Can he make the audience cry or laugh when he he does rounto roles?
IMO he is a much better actor then SRK. Is it okay for me to have my own oppinion? SRK is a great actor but Amir picks and chooses his movies well.

Saj bhai now there's too many movies to pick from. Sorry I just had to do that.

Have you watched Mann? When his grandmother dies and he goes to the house. Tell me you didn't cry. I did. Hahaha. How about the court scene in Akele Hum Akele Tum? Dustin Hoffman should learn a few things.

Dancing? Have you seen him bust the moves out in Lagaan? Or in Mann? Or in his guest appearance in Damini?

Laugh? What you didn't laugh in Jo Jeeti Wohi Sikander? "Haan tum to bohat baray Mahatma Gandhi ho tunna". Or what about Dil Chahta Hai?

He's a more versatile actor compared to SRK. SRK might be good but Aamir Khan is in a league of his own.

"Andaaz Apna Apna", and of-course "Hera-Pheri", is among best comedy movies of modern Bollywood era.

Since AAA isn't in the list, I have voted for Rangeela. Lagaan is a close second among the available options.

Tare Zameen Par. I so related to that movie. It should be shown at every school, collage everywhere around the globe.

Some good movies that should be added to the poll:
Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar
Ghulam
Mela
Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke
Andaaz Apna Apna

From a pure film making perspective, Rang De Basanti has to rank highest among all Amir Khan films. (inspite of it being very similar to a French film)

But, from a biased fan's perspective, I would have to say Lagaan, Andaz Apna Apna and Dil Chahta Hai.

One film that I would like to mention is "Dil hai kai manta nahi hai" Which is really a cool movie and I know it's copy of an English movie but Aamir khan acting was superb in that movie.

Jawani Zindabad
Love-Love-Love
Deewana Mujh Sa Nahin
Tum mere Ho...
Daulat ki Jung..
aatank hi aatank

These are just bad bad cinema by Aamir khan back in those days...

Aamir has brilliant comic timing. It's a shame he doesn't do too many roles which utilise that nowadays. The last one was Dil Chahta Hai and he was brilliant.

Lagaan is his best film. Fanaa is rubbish and RDB is over-rated.

Seeing the list, after his first few years, a large majority of his films have been good. Can't be said of too many actors in any film industry, hollywood, bollywood, whatever.

All of you missed one film that was by far the most defining raw,unnerving film of his released in 1989 was Raakh.The film bombed at the box office but had shades of the cranky,lunatic DeNiro taxi driver appeal to it.

Manish26 said:
All of you missed one film that was by far the most defining raw,unnerving film of his released in 1989 was Raakh.The film bombed at the box office but had shades of the cranky,lunatic DeNiro taxi driver appeal to it.

I want to watch that movie, but I can't find it anywhere!

do some google search, so many torrents available for the Raakh, or u cud watch it in Youtube..part by part :)

the_game said:
I want to watch that movie, but I can't find it anywhere!
You tube and it is quite depressing but apparently this was supposed to be released before QSQT

Raakh was a brilliant movie . I voted for Lagaan ,a refreshing new experiment ,thorouhly entertaining also.

Thanks Rumi and Manish for the youtube suggestion. Will check it out when I get time definitely!

I would love to see Aamir play an out and out negative role. He was offered Darr, but he rejected it and SRK played the role instead.

My watched a film with him - about a Dyslexic child.

Wants me to watch it, but cant bring myself to do it....

Oxy said:

That movie is really not that bad Oxy bhai, I highly recommend it (specially to someone who hates typical Bollywood movies!).

Oxy said:

Oxy i hate bolly movies too but i would recommend this movie as it has some serious subject a very decent movie and no SRK:p

nikred said:
Oxy i hate bolly movies too but i would recommend this movie as it has some serious subject a very decent movie and no SRK:p

Ive worked with Dyslexic people - so the subject matter interests me.

My wife watched it with my children - now thats unheard of.

But my natural instinct to loathe all things Bollywood puts me off.

Although any guy that calls his dog Shah Rukh Khan is a hero of the world!!!

Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan is all set to complete the remaining half of his film Laal Singh Chaddha, a remake of the 1994 US comedy-drama starring Tom Hanks, in Turkey as India has barred film shoots due to the coronavirus outbreak.

In March, the Punjab schedule of Laal Singh Chaddha was cut short abruptly due to the pandemic. The shoot will now resume after nearly five months.

Laal Singh Chaddha also stars Kareena Kapoor Khan in the lead role and is the official Hindi remake of the film Forrest Gump. Khan announced the film last year on his birthday.

Khan, who came to Turkey on a special invitation from the Culture and Tourism Ministry to promote his film Superstar in 2017, had shown great interest in Istanbul and Ankara.

Earlier, the film was scheduled to hit the theatres on Christmas. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, it looks like the film has been delayed to next year.

The original film, Forrest Gump, is an American comedy-drama based on the 1986 novel of the same name by Winston Groom. The story showcases the life of Forrest Gump – the titular character played by Tom Hanks – who witnesses several historical events of the United States in the 20th century. Forrest Gump was directed by Robert Zemeckis and also featured Robin Wright, Gary Sinise, Sally Field, and Mykelti Williamson.

https://www.samaa.tv/entertainment/2020/08/aamir-khan-turkey-forrest-gump/

Back