Chris Tremlett - Built Like a Tank

in_cutter

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week
c3bc5ddd-6593-66b8.jpg

Sub-continent cricketers look rather kamzor compared to some of these guys..I doubt they even work out. Are they lazy?

forget tremlett... is that balaji in the back? :O

No, I do not think so :afridi:afridi.

Some may say Balaji Rao is built like a tank :akhtar

Seriously, there are not mnay advantages of being very muscular. Look at sports like rugby- it has been proven that since players are more muscular there is more chance of injury as there isnt fat protecting them. Rugby players in previous era had less injuries tho they were fat.

You can look at Watson of how he lost some muscle and now he is injury free.

In addition, excessive muscles restrict flexibility and mobility. :inzi:inzi

Agree, absolute monster.

Not quite :akhtar standard yet though.

No, I do not think so :afridi:afridi.

Some may say Balaji Rao is built like a tank :akhtar

Seriously, there are not mnay advantages of being very muscular. Look at sports like rugby- it has been proven that since players are more muscular there is more chance of injury as there isnt fat protecting them. Rugby players in previous era had less injuries tho they were fat.

You can look at Watson of how he lost some muscle and now he is injury free.

In addition, excessive muscles restrict flexibility and mobility. :inzi:inzi

C'mon, cricketers hardly tackle eachother. A bit of muscle wont do any harm.

he will be a good bowelr to ENGLAND. his height is a big boost for him in sub cont pitches

he will be a load to handle with his height. Bowled beautifully in the Ashes.

England fast bowler's are monsters!

Everyone is 6 feet plus.
Tremlett's 6 feet 7 inches!

Tremlett could be a second row forward - easily.
It's not just the bowlers - a few years back England's batters were huge as well - Tresco, KP, Michael Waugh, were all 6ft 2in plus.

England had a very tall team around 05, almost all were 6' plus, bar the keeper and Collingwood I think. Fletcher did have a 'thing' for tall players though. :23:

England had a very tall team around 05, almost all were 6' plus, bar the keeper and Collingwood I think. Fletcher did have a 'thing' for tall players though. :23:

Yep that was the team I was referring to. Fletcher liked tall fast bowlers which is fair enough. It was the batters which really surprised me. I met a number if them over the years - ernomous. Collingwood and Strauss looked short in comparison and they are 5ft 10in and 5ft 11in respectively!

We've also got our fair share of 6ft3+ bowlers who aren't selected. Irfan, Najaf Shah, Sohail Khan, Talha, Rao Ifty, Rauf etc. Our batsmen have generally been pretty small though, a few exceptions notwithstanding.

Ive see him a few times in the flesh and he is absolutely ripped. For those saying hes not as beastly as Akhtar please dont make me laugh. He has a hell of a lot more muscle mass with a lot less fat. Akhtar couldnt look as good as him even when he was taking Roids.

Akhtar has/had way more muscle mass than this guy - he just wasn't ripped.

He's not too big anyways but in comparison with other tankers, yeah, he's Arnold.

Ive see him a few times in the flesh and he is absolutely ripped. For those saying hes not as beastly as Akhtar please dont make me laugh. He has a hell of a lot more muscle mass with a lot less fat. Akhtar couldnt look as good as him even when he was taking Roids.

Err no. Less fat maybe, not more muscle mass. In fact, Akhtar only has the luxury of putting on more mass than most bowlers due to his naturally flexible joints - if a bowler like Tremlett were to put on that much he'd lose pace rather than gain it.

Err no. Less fat maybe, not more muscle mass. In fact, Akhtar only has the luxury of putting on more mass than most bowlers due to his naturally flexible joints - if a bowler like Tremlett were to put on that much he'd lose pace rather than gain it.

Tremlett is not that fast to begin with. That little chittu bowler Amir was way faster than this hulk.

You also need a bit of skill ;)

Though Kyle Mills is very good and Southee is the future.
Whats Southee's height?

Around 6'5.

Have you ever seen Jacob Oram standing next to Mushfiqur Rahim? It is like an Adult walking around with his 7 year old son.

Around 6'5.

Have you ever seen Jacob Oram standing next to Mushfiqur Rahim? It is like an Adult walking around with his 7 year old son.

I remember when Asad Shafiq was batting in NZ in the test series, Ryder was fielding in close and gave Shafiq an earful. Shafiq looked Ryder in the eye and had a real go at him as well.

The look on Ryder's face was like : 'Bud, this would SO not be happening if we didn't happen to be in the middle of a test match'. It was priceless.

People take the match sledging too much to heart to be honest. New Zealanders and Australians would sledge each other like crazy and then at the end of the day both teams would be having a drink at the bar together.

People take the match sledging too much to heart to be honest. New Zealanders and Australians would sledge each other like crazy and then at the end of the day both teams would be having a drink at the bar together.

Yeah I know. I was just pointing out how Asad Shafiq (who I think is 5 ft 5 in) is unlikely to have been particularly chirpy around Ryder's giant figure under normal circumstances.

Wahab riaz has that tank look about him, probably not as built as tremlett though.

Akhtar has/had way more muscle mass than this guy - he just wasn't ripped.

He's not too big anyways but in comparison with other tankers, yeah, he's Arnold.

Surely you are not serious. I have seen Tremlett in the flesh he is a literal giant. He looks comparable to a small car. I am open to any evidence that shows Akhtar otherwise.

Just on Southee, he started his career very young, and he is starting to come on as a very promising bowler.

Last edited:
Wow Shobby really is worshipped here no? :akhtar

Tremlett is a massive unit, seen him play for Hampshire and he was a big guy then, but this season he has looked utterly enormous. It's almost ridiculous that he has not re-emerged on the international scene until now - right from his first over against Australia A he looked the real deal, everything Harmison should have been. Hopefully he gets picked for the rest of the World Cup. I personally think he is our primary weapon if we want to have a chance of beating the Indians in the summer too.

Last edited:
Cant believe pakistan let tremlett get away.
Another pakistani wasted by PCB

the english have the big guys

yet they have no big hitters like afridi or pollard

or any express bowlers like akhtar

Err yes. I have seen both in the flesh and Tremlett is alot more muscular. And Lmao at '"less fat maybe " comment. Really are you serious? Maybe? Akhtar is overweight and is easily carrying atleast 7%+ more body fat than Tremlett.

Err yes. I have seen both in the flesh and Tremlett is alot more muscular. And Lmao at '"less fat maybe " comment. Really are you serious? Maybe? Akhtar is overweight and is easily carrying atleast 7%+ more body fat than Tremlett.

Akhtar naturally looks bigger because he is like 7 or 8 inches shorter than Tremlett...

Not getting involved in this one. Can't say that I spend my free time thinking about the muscle mass of male sportsmen...

Not getting involved in this one. Can't say that I spend my free time thinking about the muscle mass of male sportsmen...
Ha ha. Im a big bodybuilding fan and have been to the Arnold classic a few times when I have been in the States! Makes me sad to see how pathetic Pakistan players are when it comes to fitness and strength training.

Akhtar has more mass. If he was to cut, he'd be a pro body builder..

In ashes I saw him bowling.. He is way way big and has the right kind of body for fast bowling...

Shoaib has a lot of body fat.. this guy look like he has no body fat...

where were they hiding him all this time? The guy's a monster! Just having him on the field would increase their chances of winning :afridi

He has been rated by the selectors since 2005, but he often got injured at really important and inconvenient times. Glad to have him about now, hopefully for a bit longer than usual this time.

afridi isn't huge yet he can hit a cricket ball a long long way

and bowl them very very quick

afridi isn't huge yet he can hit a cricket ball a long long way

and bowl them very very quick
being ripped does not mean strength ....... afridi is naturally strong and so r gayle and pollard but they r also quite ripped:akhtar

Tremlett was really skinny a season or two ago but he's really been pumping iron and working hard and is in top shape these days.

The fitness and gym work is an area that quite a few of our up and coming Pakistani bowlers can certainly look into.

If he played India would have never made 300+ and England would have had 3 wins by now

Tank ho ya na ho, the man was given a good bashing by Gayle today, and honestly was about as fast as an Indian pacer. Showing that size does not mean speed.

Indian fan talking about both size and speed?

Tremlett had 3 superb test matches and a few decent ODIs in Australia. One bad game and we see the standard 'I am Zen through hindsight' bump.

His name should be Chris Trundler :D

The guy has probably the best Physique for a fast bolwer, but still bowls slower than Munaf Patel :facepalm:

Superb catch he took today in tense situation, i have always liked him for his attitude. Would love to have a committed bowler like him in my team :(

His name should be Chris Trundler :D

The guy has probably the best Physique for a fast bolwer, but still bowls slower than Munaf Patel :facepalm:

He bowled better on Australian wickets than the majority of Pakistani and Indian phasst bowlers will ever manage to.

Built like a tank. Smashed like an Irishman (on this auspicious day).

The Tank has taken out SL...bowling well these days.

tests 9*
innings 17*
overs 359.0
maidens 89
runs 1062
wickets 44
BBI 6/42*
BBM 8/150*
avg 24.13
econ 2.95
SR 48.9
5fers 2

and he has only played India, Australia and Sri Lanka. 6 tests in England (1 incomplete) and 3 tests in Australia.

what a freaking monster!!

Anderson was the one who kept getting SRT in 2007, to the point where the little man's average was reduced to 38 for the series. Tremlett did pretty well against him too. Looking forward to the next round.

CT got SRT with a horrible lifter at Trent Bridge in 07. we lost but oh well. one remembers such things.

Tremlett is showing what he can do, when the overcast conditions and pitch suit him. He has that bounce, which will make any batsmen uncomfortable.

English bowlers, specially Tremlett and Anderson against Indian batsmen this season would be very interesting battle. I'm eagerly looking forward to this tour. I'm sure, it will be a tough fought series.

Anderson was the one troubling SRT in that series but he played quite well.. No big hundred but was always getting starts good enough to steady things.

And what a journey it has been for Tremlett, i guess he started against us in 07.

tremlett is quite underrated. MUCH better than broad. trems jimmy and finn are a deadly combination.

tremlett is quite underrated. MUCH better than broad. trems jimmy and finn are a deadly combination.

theres still an voice in my head that thinks jimmy, tremlett and simon jones (the 2005 ashes one) would have been quite something together.

SJo making a comeback even if just in T20 is not impossible. Would love that, he still hits 92mph consistently off a short run-up.

Back