Colin Munro performance watch

coca-cola

Local Club Star
Runs
Doesn't look to bad. showing up a lot of his counterparts from temperate climate conditions on how to bat in Asia. Obviously india and UAE will be a real test. His reverse sweep/slog is a treat to watch. Looks good to be a permanent part of NZ side. Good find I have to say. I back him to come good.

Very good hitter of a cricket ball. Left handed or right handed.

Could develop into dangerous finisher and has shown ability in 4 day cricket as well.

Average of 48 in FC, especially in NZ, nothing to be taken lightly. Could even be Rosso's successor in the middle order. Right now he looks like he wants to have a bit of a slog.

Look [MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION]

This is where NZC has went wrong over the years.

bumping this thread after 2 years.

Collin munro still averages 48 in Fc cricket.

He has a FC average nearing 49 at a career strike rate of 93 with 9 Fc tons and highest score of 281.

All this on New Zealand wickets.

How can you give just one test to him only ?

I fail to understand why Collin Munro hasn't been a permanent member of New Zealand Odi , T20 and Test squad since last 4 years. He should have been treated like Kane Williamson.

Even he has not been given consistent chances in ODI's and T20's they pick him for 1,2 games and drop him for 6 months than pick him for 1 game.

Even it's not good for world cricket not seeing one of the best under 30 batsman of world cricket not playing.

" NOT FAIR "

Even then if Neesham plays. Why isn't collin munro in the squad ? I doubt there is any FC player with this average and strike rate combination in world cricket.

Why has he played just 1 test in last 5 years ? Where only there is one class player Williamson and one good player Taylor in their middle order.

Look [MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION]

This is where NZC has went wrong over the years.

bumping this thread after 2 years.

Collin munro still averages 48 in Fc cricket.

He has a FC average nearing 49 at a career strike rate of 93 with 9 Fc tons and highest score of 281.

All this on New Zealand wickets.

How can you give just one test to him only ?

I fail to understand why Collin Munro hasn't been a permanent member of New Zealand Odi , T20 and Test squad since last 4 years. He should have been treated like Kane Williamson.

Even he has not been given consistent chances in ODI's and T20's they pick him for 1,2 games and drop him for 6 months than pick him for 1 game.

Even it's not good for world cricket not seeing one of the best under 30 batsman of world cricket not playing.

" NOT FAIR "

Even then if Neesham plays. Why isn't collin munro in the squad ? I doubt there is any FC player with this average and strike rate combination in world cricket.

Why has he played just 1 test in last 5 years ? Where only there is one class player Williamson and one good player Taylor in their middle order.

Today's effort was against not efficient good bowlers but my point still stands.

This guy has got serious potential in all 3 formats.

# Eye for Talent.

His first class record is over inflated by destructive innings on absolute roads in Auckland.

What an innings. Before yesterday's innings, I always thought of Marilyn Monroe when I heard his name. Now I would think about about his incredible innings against SL in a T20 match whenever I hear his name.

Reminds me of Monroe Doctrine

Looked very good, [MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION] nice spotting

Any new aussie express fast bowler you know about? :)

Express only

2nd fastest fifty ever in international cricket only 2nd to that Yuvi out of the world 6 sixes of six balls effort. Take a bow, i watched him first time ever and he made him his fan forever, and it wasn't as if he was swinging blindly it was absolute mix of timing and aggression in super turbo mode.

Reminds me of Monroe Doctrine

Looked very good, [MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION] nice spotting

Any new aussie express fast bowler you know about? :)

Express only

No express bowler. But Joel Paris is future of Australian cricket.

Combination of great batting and Anwar Ali type bowling. Hope he gets more games.

Watched him properly for the first time today, looks like a murderous hitter. Great addition to NZ's already explosive batting unit.

Really ugly batting style though.

A lot like Warner in the beginning. If he follows Warners footsteps then this guy will be a winner

Colin Munro : How do you breed a batsman of this sort of brutality?

This guy is an absolute beast! I dont think ive seen a player who can smash any bowler so cleanly like he does, and once he gets going he will actually smash every ball out of the ground for six! This is what you need!

How is it possible to make someone as good as this? Excellent eye-sight, power, BRAVERY and GUTS!

Keep going fella!

very early to call him a beast. Good start to his campaign though. but still yet to do a great deal

You are overdoing a bit but he really looked dangerous out there, had he stayed 2-3 more overs Kiwis would have won the match.
Hopefully we can get him early in next matches.

Lets not get carried away here, its quite easy to smash balls around in home conditions with boundaries that are 45 meters etc.. lets see how he does when he plays on proper cricket grounds, corey anderson was massively raved about in a similar fashion 12-18 months ago.

Bhai, calm down.

He had a cemented, static feet, was able to hit the ball due to good pace. Will be found out soon.

Home ground, pace on the ball, Eden Park. Wait and watch, he won't last long. At least shouldn't be expecting any consistency from him.

And if by chance he does come to Asia, it won't be a good sight for NZ fans.

To early to say!his real test would be in subcontinent on slow low track if he succeed in WorldT20 than who knows.Would be intresting to see if Afridi uses Malik against him in 2nd t20.Malik will trouble him i guess looks good against fast bowler not to sure about him against offspinner

This guy is an absolute beast! I dont think ive seen a player who can smash any bowler so cleanly like he does, and once he gets going he will actually smash every ball out of the ground for six! This is what you need!

How is it possible to make someone as good as this? Excellent eye-sight, power, BRAVERY and GUTS!

Keep going fella!

We had a similar (or even better) beast 20 years ago .... well ahead of this time when every other batsman is drooled over for being a beast like him.........except him! :)

Unfortunately hateful fans, clueless PCB Chairmen like Ijaz Butt, "ghatia Sawal" media :p and biased captains made him miss over 100 ODIs during his career.

Not to mention, our beast could bowl a little too.... unlike Munroe!

Here is a little comparison! :) Notice Munroe's beastly S/R in T20 vs Afridi's ODI S/R in 1996...... when the average ODI total used to be 230-40 ..... not 300 like these days!

Attachments

• Z006.jpg
    Z006.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 279
His stance and trigger movements are weird af, but it's something unique and it's impressive that he's made such an unorthodox style work for himself.

He's going to be tough to face in the t20 world cup, remains to be seen how he does on turning tracks there.

Gul should be careful, he's not what he used to be and guys like this will tear him down especially in Asia.

He looks like As Lance Klusener

This is what I was searching for.

Has a striking resemblance to my all-time favorite pressure player and hitter - Lance "Zulu" Klusener. I am not saying that he is talented like him or stuff, just saying that there is a striking resemblance there.

Good spot [MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION]

This is what I was searching for.

Has a striking resemblance to my all-time favorite pressure player and hitter - Lance "Zulu" Klusener. I am not saying that he is talented like him or stuff, just saying that there is a striking resemblance there.

Good spot [MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION]

Definitely, and his Face expression is also same as of Lance "Zulu" Klusener. (i remember his chewing gums) ;-)

Definitely, and his Face expression is also same as of Lance "Zulu" Klusener. (i remember his chewing gums) ;-)

I was scared of Klusener. No match was won until he was out.

An extremely underrated player and someone who would have excelled in T20 cricket. Ball 4 overs, biff a few down the ground and go back to the hotel.

Next day, same on repeat mode.

Plyed for Worc.

This guy is dangerous. That straight six today.

Goodness me these NZ players are so impressive.

Ryder, Munro, Neesham & Anderson! So powerful.

We had a similar (or even better) beast 20 years ago .... well ahead of this time when every other batsman is drooled over for being a beast like him.........except him! :)

Unfortunately hateful fans, clueless PCB Chairmen like Ijaz Butt, "ghatia Sawal" media :p and biased captains made him miss over 100 ODIs during his career.

Not to mention, our beast could bowl a little too.... unlike Munroe!

Here is a little comparison! :) Notice Munroe's beastly S/R in T20 vs Afridi's ODI S/R in 1996...... when the average ODI total used to be 230-40 ..... not 300 like these days!

Munro bowls.

Lets not get carried away here, its quite easy to smash balls around in home conditions with boundaries that are 45 meters etc.. lets see how he does when he plays on proper cricket grounds, corey anderson was massively raved about in a similar fashion 12-18 months ago.

He hit massive sixes. Not 45m ones.

The natural heir and ideal replacement of Brendon McCullum the batsman in Odi & Test eleven.

Most destructive current Fc batsman.

Average of 49 and SR of 95 in FC. Unreal.

12 Fc Tons.

Deserves a long rope in the LO team, let's see where he stands after a few series.

Why don't NZ Selectors give Munro consistent chances ?

Why is Broom who is 5-6 years elder than him preferred over Him ?

Will Broom last until 2019 WC ?

Is Munro unfit ?

Hampshire Cricket are delighted to announce the signings of exciting Afghanistan spinner, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, and destructive New Zealand batsman, Colin Munro, for this year’s Vitality Blast competition.

The international duo will fill the two allocated overseas slots for 2018, with Ur Rahman available for the duration of the tournament and Munro set to feature until his Caribbean Premier League commitments in August.

Mystery spinner, Ur Rahman, has burst onto the scene in the last 12 months with his ability to bowl ripping off-breaks, leg-breaks and googlies propelling him onto the international stage.

The 17-year-old first impressed as part of an Afghanistan U19 side that claimed a historic victory in the Under-19 Asia Cup in 2017, and his performances as leading wicket-taker there earned him a full international debut at the age of just 16.

The right-armer also proved to be a key contributor to his side’s success in the 2019 Cricket World Cup Qualifying tournament earlier this year, helping secure their place at next year’s full tournament hosted in England and Wales.

Those achievements and his ability to bowl match-winning spells saw him selected by Kings XI Punjab for more than 600,000 USD in this year’s Indian Premier League shortly after, becoming the youngest player ever to play in the tournament. The youngster has dazzled for Ravi Ashwin’s side so far in the competition too, claiming 14 wickets in the tournament so far.

Mujeeb Ur Rahman said: “It is a great honour for me to play domestic cricket in England and I am very much looking forward to this latest challenge in my career so far. I hope I can help Hampshire be successful during my time with the team this year.”

The big-hitting Munro is one of the game’s most destructive batsmen, boasting an average of 33.51 and a strike-rate of 163.59 in 45 T20Is for New Zealand, whilst the left-hander currently sits second in the ICC’s World T20I batting rankings.

The 31-year-old is the only player to score three T20I centuries in the history of the game and has been involved in the best T20 competitions across the world, including the Big Bash and Indian Premier League, where he’s currently featuring for Delhi Daredevils.

Colin Munro said: “I am really looking forward to joining up with Hampshire for this summer’s Vitality Blast. Hopefully I can help the team get off to a flying start in the competition and contribute to securing a place in the knockout stages again this year. I have head very positive things about the set-up at the Ageas Bowl and with a strong squad I think we have a real chance of going deep into the competition.”

Hampshire Director of Cricket, Giles White said: “We’re pleased to add two high-quality international cricketers in Colin and Mujeeb to our squad for this year’s T20 competition. They’re both very talented and exciting players and hopefully they can contribute to another successful campaign for us this summer.”

Back