Compression Top & Tights

KashifJ

Debutant
Runs
Just sharing my experience … might be useful/helpful to you guys; not sure if any of you is already using it :)

I read about these quite some time ago; their claimed results seemed very impressive … but still, I wasn’t really sure about how beneficial they would be? (at least to me)

Recently I felt the need to have some kind of under lay for my cricket shirt; while searching for something I bumped into them in the local sports shop … I tried on the top and I was amazed on how this fabric gave a cooler feeling on the body + it increased the core body support. I was so impressed with the top that I also tried the shorts & compression tights. These were very pricy but I took the bullet to get the Top and the Tights (I found full tights were more beneficial vs shorts)

I used them today in the match while batting and fielding … and I can tell you that this thing actually does wonders. I flew back to Dubai this morning, had just couple of hours of sleep during the overnight flight & match started just after mid day. This space age fabric/technology has made so much difference that I hardly feel any fatigue at all after I had quite a tough day in the field (not to forget lack of sleep too). Additionally, the fabric keeps the body so cool that I hardly felt any heat in the ground during peak heat time of the day

If I compare the similar hard day’s work … day with Compression Top & Tights is way ahead of the day without them … definitely it’s part of my cricket clothing now :)

Here is what I am using …

Long Sleeve Compression Top (in white):
http://www.2xu.com/product/489/Long-Sleeve-Compression-Top/261/262

Recovery Compression Tights:
http://www.2xu.com/product/628/Recovery-Compression-Tights/267/268

Aren't these just like normal baselayers?

I'm very much into baselayers/compression tops, I try to go for matching ones lol. I haven't tried Skins, 2XU etc yet but I use Boom Boom, Ihsan, Nike, Puma or Slazenger.

I'm very much into baselayers/compression tops, I try to go for matching ones lol. I haven't tried Skins, 2XU etc yet but I use Boom Boom, Ihsan, Nike, Puma or Slazenger.

Actually no; apparently they are specially designed, I checked the Nike, Addidas & couple others brands on the same day ... but these ones were in different league altogether. Have a read of their product description/details ... They also need bit of care during washing

Their ability to keep the body cool was my main attraction to get them, but after using them in match …. I came to know they are lot more than what I was thinking :)

Would be kool if you can find them locally; try them on and do the comparison with the ones you have used

Actually no; apparently they are specially designed, I checked the Nike, Addidas & couple others brands on the same day ... but these ones were in different league altogether. Have a read of their product description/details ... They also need bit of care during washing

Their ability to keep the body cool was my main attraction to get them, but after using them in match …. I came to know they are lot more than what I was thinking :)

Would be kool if you can find them locally; try them on and do the comparison with the ones you have used

Ah okay make sense.

Actually after that I did a bit of research and you are correct they are different thing. The Canterbury ones I have are apparently compression top as one is for 'hot' conditions and one is for 'cold' conditions.

I will visit a sports shop and have a look at it though.

For that price tag, they have to be a step above the rest of so called compression brands out there....

2XU products are being used in variety of sports ... also being sold on http://www.cricketdirect.com

Hmm JazaakAllah Khair for sharing the link.

Actually Skins and 2XU both are around same price so I reckon both are compression.

To further add, Under Armour is openly available here and that seem to be compression as well.

Will drop to a sports shop and have a look at the stuff.

I've not worn anything by either, although I'm looking at Skins' A400 range for distance running purposes.

Saw it, looks lovely.

would you recommend these brands Cover Drive?

They are cheap [Ihsan, Boom Boom and Slazenger] as they are made in Pakistan but they are very good, I recommend them but keep in mind they are not compression top as 2Xu, Skins etc

Back