Could an India semi-final loss force a change in ICC knockout phases?

leonidas_alexandar

Local Club Regular
Runs
Post of the Week
A few years ago I believe there was a suggestion that the World Cup should have IPL style playoffs - the idea is that a team that would have dominated the league phase should not be out of the tournament based on a single sudden death knockout match.

Personally - I am absolutely against IPL style playoffs. The beauty of the World Cup is not only that a team should be consistent but on the big day - it is a severe test of how strong you are mentally and does the said team has the mental strength to cope with the pressure of a knock out. It is that element of jeopardy that makes World Cup knock outs high pressure events and eminently watchable. And most team sports all over the world have these knockout games - football, field hockey, rugby etc.,

There's a reason why Australia are 5 time World Champions and I guarantee that no matter what the format of the previous World Cups would have been - they still would have emerged victorious.

But if India lose the semi-finals do you think the powers that be - i.e, BCCI might lean on the ICC to change the knock out phase in the future editions to ensure that playoffs would be introduced?

It is probable. I had made a thread here that how the World Cup or any ICC tournament schedule is made with India at the center. Indian team gets the most rest and least amount of travel. Generally Indian team will play league matches consistently at venues of semis and finals. These trends I have seen. I suspect if they fail to make it this time, they might force ICC to change tact for 2027 WC. There are already rumours of change in that WC. 2007 WC format was also changed to accommodate Indian team concerns.

It is probable. I had made a thread here that how the World Cup or any ICC tournament schedule is made with India at the center. Indian team gets the most rest and least amount of travel. Generally Indian team will play league matches consistently at venues of semis and finals. These trends I have seen. I suspect if they fail to make it this time, they might force ICC to change tact for 2027 WC. There are already rumours of change in that WC. 2007 WC format was also changed to accommodate Indian team concerns.

Just wanted to comment on the fact that this World Cup - India actually had to do the most traveling - with all their 9 matches being in 9 different venues.

I prefer the IPL style play-offs because you're rewarded for consistency and I'm a great believer in seeing the two best teams compete in the final.

When you look at last year's WT20, it was a farce seeing Pakistan make the final because they didn't deserve to make it even in the slightest because they were mediocre throughout the tournament. This can be reflected by their win % of under 60%.

Just wanted to comment on the fact that this World Cup - India actually had to do the most traveling - with all their 9 matches being in 9 different venues.
This would not have been the case if security issues were not there with PCT. Just look at past ICC events . India does least travel and has enough rest days

A few years ago I believe there was a suggestion that the World Cup should have IPL style playoffs - the idea is that a team that would have dominated the league phase should not be out of the tournament based on a single sudden death knockout match.

Personally - I am absolutely against IPL style playoffs. The beauty of the World Cup is not only that a team should be consistent but on the big day - it is a severe test of how strong you are mentally and does the said team has the mental strength to cope with the pressure of a knock out. It is that element of jeopardy that makes World Cup knock outs high pressure events and eminently watchable. And most team sports all over the world have these knockout games - football, field hockey, rugby etc.,

There's a reason why Australia are 5 time World Champions and I guarantee that no matter what the format of the previous World Cups would have been - they still would have emerged victorious.

But if India lose the semi-finals do you think the powers that be - i.e, BCCI might lean on the ICC to change the knock out phase in the future editions to ensure that playoffs would be introduced?
In the T20 World Cup and Champions trophy, that's not a possibility as there are GROUPS so highly Unlikely

In the ODI World Cup, it's already such a long tournament. Would be really pathetic if they try to make it even longer

Plus all member boards would have to agree on such a change and it's unlikely they will

There won't be a change. Dont' assume things. India already lost 2 semi finals. Nothing happened. Why do you think this will happen now.

Pakistan gets 2 games per venue. Gets least amount of travel woes. Nice biryani also in every city.

India plays each of its games at a different venue. Gets very little rest between couple games towards the end of the tournament.

But the whinging just won't, and can't stop :uak

May I know what specific changes have been brought up for Indian cricket team?
Is it a coincidence that the very last game before the KO is India vs Neds, which is the weakest team. It’s not needed right now, but if India were on the ropes, then this would have been perfect option to enhance NRR and qualify.

btw, rather than worrying about whether India will lose a semifinal, how about doing the rain-dance equivalent for Pakistan making one :rp

Is it a coincidence that the very last game before the KO is India vs Neds, which is the weakest team. It’s not needed right now, but if India were on the ropes, then this would have been perfect option to enhance NRR and qualify.
I hope you are joking :/ when has India been in the ropes to qualify for ICC ODI tournaments since 2011?

Those have been very Pakistani Cricket situations..

Is it a coincidence that Pakistan's first game was vs Netherlands.

It's like taking care of that sickly sibling who needs a little help in everything to get going :rabada2

Pakistan gets 2 games per venue. Gets least amount of travel woes. Nice biryani also in every city.

India plays each of its games at a different venue. Gets very little rest between couple games towards the end of the tournament.

But the whinging just won't, and can't stop :uak
The amount of "external excuses", "conjectures" we get to hear on a daily basis is staggering. Frankly they are running out of excuses.

The amount of "external excuses", "conjectures" we get to hear on a daily basis is staggering. Frankly they are running out of excuses.
They will never run out of excuses, the ICC ball one is so spread now it’s insane.
I remember when India was doing very well 2011-2015.. there were similar noises.

I think it's also worth making a list of all the hot diversionary topics that emerge every time India performs a demolition job.

I now truly believe my BJP brothers when they claim India is a Vishwaguru under Modi.

The influence of diversion has spread westwards :rabada2

I hope you are joking :/ when has India been in the ropes to qualify for ICC ODI tournaments since 2011?

Those have been very Pakistani Cricket situations..
Just because it hasn’t been the case in last few world cups, there is no reason it wouldn’t ever be. In 2007, India didn’t qualify right? It’s just really strange.

They will never run out of excuses, the ICC ball one is so spread now it’s insane.
I remember when India was doing very well 2011-2015.. there were similar noises.
ICc ball one is obviously shameful.
But you cannot have a blanket statement

Just because it hasn’t been the case in last few world cups, there is no reason it wouldn’t ever be. In 2007, India didn’t qualify right? It’s just really strange.
I’m confused as to what is strange Netherlands being our last game?
Mate you are clutching at straws there.

I’m confused as to what is strange Netherlands being our last game?
Mate you are clutching at straws there.
I think we need a couple of Associate Nations on reserve every WC. They should be called up whenever Pakistan is in dire need of points and NRR to qualify for an ICC semi. Then I think some people will be less unhappy in life :rabada2

India will finish at top of table with 9 wins… but what if they loose in SF or Final? Bcos it’s just one game… any team can have bad day….. that’s why I suggest KO Semis and final should have 3 games and team has to win 2 matches… in past we have seen it best of 3 finals in Benson & Hedges World Series… best of 3 in KO will really test strength of both teams… though it’s harmful for some fluke master teams

Exactly this is also deliberate. ICC does this everytime. Remember 2021 T20 WC how Indian team played Namibia etc at end. little things but do matter

There won't be a change. Dont' assume things. India already lost 2 semi finals. Nothing happened. Why do you think this will happen now.
Oh really. Wasn't Rohit suggesting after WTC final that it should be best of 3? Another semifinal loss and we may see the change

Pakistan fans should hope they miss out, they're likely to get battered by this Indian team unless Fakhar has one of those days and puts Indian bowlers on the backdoor.

India were always going to finish 1 or 2. Everyone had them progressing to the KO stage.

Oh really. Wasn't Rohit suggesting after WTC final that it should be best of 3? Another semifinal loss and we may see the change
WTC final is completely different. Even that is not going to happen. WTC final itself is a farce. Teams who are consistent in Tests are the best. Not the one off test which happens in places that is suitable for one team

It is probable. I had made a thread here that how the World Cup or any ICC tournament schedule is made with India at the center. Indian team gets the most rest and least amount of travel.

Not true, go take a look at the fixtures and see if India got any favorable treatment vs others:

1699258456993.png

Generally Indian team will play league matches consistently at venues of semis and finals. These trends I have seen.

Again not true ... as almost all top teams have played at Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Kolkatta with some rare exceptions like Aus not playing at Kolkatta. However they will have played at Mumbai and Ahmedabad. See the link above. Besides it doesn't make any difference as all top players are in IPL and they play at these same venues and on same pitches every single year.

I suspect if they fail to make it this time, they might force ICC to change tact for 2027 WC. There are already rumours of change in that WC. 2007 WC format was also changed to accommodate Indian team concerns.

what rumors are you referring to ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Try harder .... Australia's last 2 games are vs AFG and BD and both happen after India has played against the last top team ( which is SA ).

The IPL has the fairest format.

Yes it’s absolutely criminal that a team with an outstanding record could go out having a bad day against a team that barely made it to the KOs.

Having said that, what difference does it make. World cups are designed in a way to thrill fans. They’re not meant to be fair or anything.

Southern Afrikaan is respected for its ODI record in the 1990s and 2000s, they never win a trophy but cricket fans will always know how good they were. Sri Lankans won a trophy in 1996 but legacy wise i am always putting Southern Afrikaan ahead.

Don’t take things to heart.
Win or lose, trophy or no trophy one should be proud of their team.

And did the ICC listen to his suggestion?

WTC final is completely different. Even that is not going to happen. WTC final itself is a farce. Teams who are consistent in Tests are the best. Not the one off test which happens in places that is suitable for one team

:/ Pakistan played Ireland in 2015 final game… atleast say all this with straight face

Also Pak in 2019 Afghans and BD as last two games :/
I remember the back then it was that Pak had tough games in the start lol

Not true, go take a look at the fixtures and see if India got any favorable treatment vs others:

1699258597842.png

Again not true ... as almost all top teams have played at Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Kolkatta with some rare exceptions like Aus not playing at Kolkatta. However they will have played at Mumbai and Ahmedabad. See the link above. Besides it doesn't make any difference as all top players are in IPL and they play at these same venues and on same pitches every single year.

what rumors are you referring to ?
This WC is in India. So obviously Indian team is a big draw and will travel. I am talking about past tournaments. Still it's being ensured in every tournament that India plays with a healthy gap between matches.
Let me give you facts:
1. 2022 T20 WC: Schedule is similar as other teams. But one advantage India plays Ban and Zim as it's last two matches. Week rest between big teams. Hosts Australia play 3 top teams within a span of 5 days. Not even hosts get this treatment.
2. 2021 T20 WC : Indian team plays all it's matches in Dubai. Week rest between big games. Matches against weak teams at end and in quick succession to make up for the lost time. Hosts Pak play top teams in a span of 2 days.
Even in this tournament despite the travel they are getting most rest. Australia who started campaign with India finish two days before Indian team.

Similar trends in other tournament. What my point is ICC has to generate money. So obviously Indian team matches against big teams will be scheduled at weekend with small teams matches either at end or inbetween the week.

1. DRS with the tendulkar cheat code that was implemented in 2011
  2. High altitude cloud seeding to create weather conditions to india's advantage
  3. IPL Contracts to players who underperform, conversely revoke the contracts of those who over perform
  4. Each batsman gets a mulligan
  5. One bounce One hand is allowed when india is fielding
  6. The non striker gets to start from mid pitch and cannot be runnout for not backing up

This WC is in India. So obviously Indian team is a big draw and will travel. I am talking about past tournaments. Still it's being ensured in every tournament that India plays with a healthy gap between matches.

Well then prove that is the case for this WC too !

Let me give you facts:
1. 2022 T20 WC: Schedule is similar as other teams. But one advantage India plays Ban and Zim as it's last two matches. Week rest between big teams. Hosts Australia play 3 top teams within a span of 5 days. Not even hosts get this treatment.
2. 2021 T20 WC : Indian team plays all it's matches in Dubai. Week rest between big games. Matches against weak teams at end and in quick succession to make up for the lost time. Hosts Pak play top teams in a span of 2 days.
Even in this tournament despite the travel they are getting most rest. Australia who started campaign with India finish two days before Indian team.

Lets assume all of that is true .... why is it not happening in this WC which is the biggest event in Cricket ?

Similar trends in other tournament. What my point is ICC has to generate money. So obviously Indian team matches against big teams will be scheduled at weekend with small teams matches either at end or inbetween the week.

So what advantage does playing on a Weekend offer to India ? Do you think the stadium will be empty on a weekday when India plays ?

Let me give you facts:

the so called week rest is actually because the broadcaster wants weekend games for the sport's biggest draw and biggest audience. but cry more.

When was the last time that India needed a team like Neds to qualify? They usually win most games and qualify for semis. India had to play it's biggest nemesis the Aussies to get on the board. You had to play an easy Neds game to start the tournament followed by the Lankans

Let me give you facts:

Pakistan and India almost have the identical schedule in 2022. This is such a reach. What is next ICC rotated earth axis to make weather more pleasant for India's matches? Host nation and ICC involve in scheduling. I have never seen conspiracy theories like this from any other cricket fans.

Pakistan october 22nd
october 27th
october 30th
November 3rd
November 5th

India October 22nd
October 27th
Ocotber 30th
November 2nd
Novmber 6th

There shouldn't be any changes in the ODI WC format. It's tedious as it is. If you have a bad day in the SF or final, so be it. However, IPL format needs to be followed for T20 WC

2007 World Cup, when we had 4-team groups and India (and Pakistan) were eliminated in the first round. From the next edition onwards, they quickly switched to fewer groups with more teams so that one upset doesn't spoil a team's chances of going through to the knockouts.

1. DRS with the tendulkar cheat code that was implemented in 2011
  2. High altitude cloud seeding to create weather conditions to india's advantage
  3. IPL Contracts to players who underperform, conversely revoke the contracts of those who over perform
  4. Each batsman gets a mulligan
  5. One bounce One hand is allowed when india is fielding
  6. The non striker gets to start from mid pitch and cannot be runnout for not backing up

7. Toss that is decided by a rigged Coin ( Think Sholay wala coin ) Heads I win , tails you lose ( slight problem here as we didnt win all tosses but hey since when were facts allowed to gate crash a discussion)
8. Therefore the curator gets to prepare a pitch for India well in advance ( he even knows what India wants to do )
9. Just in case the 1st half doesnt go according to plan, the pitch is relayed during the inngs break ... this happened in our game vs Eng last weekend.

If India loses I don't think they'll change the system lol

Pakistan and India almost have the identical schedule in 2022. This is such a reach. What is next ICC rotated earth axis to make weather more pleasant for India's matches? Host nation and ICC involve in scheduling. I have never seen conspiracy theories like this from any other cricket fans.

Pakistan october 22nd
october 27th
october 30th
November 3rd
November 5th

India October 22nd
October 27th
Ocotber 30th
November 2nd
Novmber 6th
No wonder, these guys cling on for other teams to do well or worse for them to proceed further in the tournament.

Rohit Sharma, after the last World Test Championship defeat, said that the WTC Final should be a 3 match series. I think him and Kohli made similar comments before as well.

Knockout rounds being multiple matches would probably select for the more consistently good side, but would also ruin all of the excitement and hype for knockout rounds. Who knows, could happen one day. I don’t think ODI has much time left and 3 days of T20s in a row seems much more possible for T20 tournaments.

Rohit Sharma, after the last World Test Championship defeat, said that the WTC Final should be a 3 match series. I think him and Kohli made similar comments before as well.

Knockout rounds being multiple matches would probably select for the more consistently good side, but would also ruin all of the excitement and hype for knockout rounds. Who knows, could happen one day. I don’t think ODI has much time left and 3 days of T20s in a row seems much more possible for T20 tournaments.
American sports NBA NHL do seem that way but i doubt T20 will be played like that, Tests can due to test series historically being that way.

American sports NBA NHL do seem that way but i doubt T20 will be played like that, Tests can due to test series historically being that way.
NBA/NHL does but NFL doesn’t. I think it’s preference based on what you enjoy more but cricket would lose its excitement if knockout rounds ended up being multiple matches.

If you have more matches, the more consistent and better team will win more often because luck will play less of a part. But part of the beauty of knockout rounds is seeing how players deal with the pressure of a single match deciding everything. Or how amazing it is to see players have a legendary day and write their name in history.

How is rewarding consistency a bad thing? Pak wants everyone to just get up and decide if they feel like playing today or not. If Pak was an employee, it would have been fired years ago.

The current format is actually the worst there is for a premier sporting competition.

Such an extended league stage followed by 2 random games isn't the best for viewers. Unless the team that tops the group stage wins it then simpletons will bring up random things like consistency rates to justify their preferred winner.

I think the IPL style playoff is not a bad thing as it gives a reward for the team finishes first and keeps the wrist slitters happy.

Can an IPL style knockout format ensure India going to finals? Even if it does what if India loses in finals like 2003 or CT2017. Will they make it a best of 3 finals? If it still cant get through then will ICC just handover the trophy to India? Nothing can ensure anything in cricket. Moreover if India wanted it then they would have done it in 2019 itself as India lost only one match in 2015 and that was the SF.

There's a possibility of that. India has been the best team so far.

BCCI being the biggest Cricket Board in the world rightly has a lot of expectations from the team. Least of which is to win this home World Cup.

It would be interesting to see how india will respond in the knockout stage.

As we have already seen that india tend to choke under pressure.

Keep the current format , soccer WC is the same way and no one even talk about prolonging the WC.

Playoffs do offer the chance for the best teams to go further but in almost all of the World best events, we do have knockout games like quarterfinals, semifinals etc. It may happen but I don't see this happening anytime soon.

World cup cannot have multiple finals. If you want to reward consistency just give the table topper the cup and go on.

And? You make it sound like the Indian team have to walk from venue to venue. Have a look at India’s schedule, they have more rest days between matches than anyother team in this WC.

The best team of tournament may not win the tournament. India is the best team in tournament by a huge margin, but they may not win it and its fine.

I like this format better than those 8 teams making it to Quarterfinal. That's pretty much useless.

Tournaments are about pressure, jeopardy, turning up on the day. You want consistency then you look at leagues, rankings (in theory).

The whole allure of World Cups, in any sport, is the stakes. Once you get to the knockouts, it's all or nothing, now or never, no second chances, who can stand up when it's needed most. That's where legends are born.

WTC should absolutely be a 3 match series.

WTC being a 1 match decider is just as much of an insult to test cricket as the abomination known as 2 match test series.

WTC should absolutely be a 3 match series.

WTC being a 1 match decider is just as much of an insult to test cricket as the abomination known as 2 match test series.
I disagree. As Firebat said above - "Tournaments are about pressure, jeopardy, turning up on the day. You want consistency then you look at leagues, rankings (in theory).

The whole allure of World Cups, in any sport, is the stakes.""
Yup that's the essence of WC finals.. plus having a 3 match test final is a logistic nightmare.. If Ind had won the 2022 wtc final - none of rohit or kohli would be complaining. They would be celebrating the victory with tv interviews, felicitations and what not lol ! 🙂

I disagree. As Firebat said above - "Tournaments are about pressure, jeopardy, turning up on the day. You want consistency then you look at leagues, rankings (in theory).

Yup that's the essence of WC finals.. plus having a 3 match test final is a logistic nightmare.. If Ind had won the 2022 wtc final - none of rohit or kohli would be complaining. They would be celebrating the victory with tv interviews, felicitations and what not lol ! 🙂
Test cricket is different.

Even the “qualifying” stage of test cricket is different. There’s no quarter finals, no semi finals.

Test cricket has always been about consistency over a series.

WTC changes that. A one off final makes it into another LOI type thing, completely rebranding one of the defining aspects and allure of tests.

Nah, WTC format is joke with one match final. It does not go with test series.

Anyway it has shortcomings with teams picking who to play ( 6 teams) and there is no home away difference.

You have to understand the financial implications here. Tests are inherent financially viable unless its ashes or ind eng aus playing
Say the wtc final is between nz and sf and it's a three test series final - then it will be a big loss financially. No guarantee that ind or aus or eng will make it to final. That's the risk. That's why it's a one test final.. something better than nothing I guess.

Looks like India to face NZ in semis. NZ may not be a strong side compared to South Africa & Australia, but they are a smart team and India should be careful... I think if India wins this match it is going get easier for them in finals...

Come on Bharat, take vengeance of 2019 semi final defeat.

It’s our time

Come on Bharat, take vengeance of 2019 semi final defeat.

It’s our time
Yes looks so in all probability... Conditions are favorable to us as it did to them last time. So its our time... And then I am feeling like we may face South Africa for a change (my gut feeling) even though Australia is good in knockouts. Somehow I am having a feeling like South Africa making it to the finals first time like NZ started doing it from 2015 (promoting from SF berth to Finals but still choking) South Africa may also make it to finals next time because it will be played at their home and they might get defeated probably by some Asian team (Pakistan maybe? Or Afghanistan?)

And? You make it sound like the Indian team have to walk from venue to venue. Have a look at India’s schedule, they have more rest days between matches than anyother team in this WC.

That is just a plain lie. lol . I did some number crunching and here is the data for each team ( Min/Max/Avg RestDays) :

Team Min Max Avg SriLanka 3 6 4.125 SouthAfrica 3 5 4.25 Afghanistan 3 7 4.25 Australia 3 7 4.25 Bangladesh 3 6 4.375 India 3 7 4.375 NewZealand 3 6 4.375 Pakistan 3 7 4.5 Netherlands 3 8 4.625 England 3 6 4.625

The table is sorted by the avg Rest day and guess who has a higher avg rest day than India ? Pakistan and Eng lol

I wont even go into other benefits that Pakistan got in terms of travel time and not having to play each match at a separate venue.

So India have been told you will play the semi in gayana IF you qualify & play at a certain time (peak Indian time) for viewings.

Is the cricket or wwe how is this fair on other teams.

So India have been told you will play the semi in gayana IF you qualify & play at a certain time (peak Indian time) for viewings.

All the cricket boards would have willingly agreed to it. After all, they all want their share of ICC revenues to be maximised.

All the cricket boards would have willingly agreed to it. After all, they all want their share of ICC revenues to be maximised.
Doesn't make it right. Its absurd, imagine this happening in football.

Its astounding how Indian posters jump through hoops to defend this nonsense. India knows which ground its playing it and hence came with 4 spinners, this thinking not afforded to other teams since they can't waste a spot on an extra spinner as they don't know where they will play. Even if this wasn't a case its totally nonsense this happens, one team knows others don;t

Its astounding how Indian posters jump through hoops to defend this nonsense. India knows which ground its playing it and hence came with 4 spinners, this thinking not afforded to other teams since they can't waste a spot on an extra spinner as they don't know where they will play. Even if this wasn't a case its totally nonsense this happens, one team knows others don;t
Didn't say it was right. Not defending it. It is what it is.

Lanka SA Ireland (not Pak) have officially lodged a complain to ICC regarding 1 rule for India one for them, Lanka had to wait 8 hours for a flight whilst India are 15 mins away from ground.. doubt ICC will reply

ICC comes under fire after travel disruptions affect Proteas, Sri Lanka, Ireland - report

South Africa, Sri Lanka and Ireland have reportedly had to navigate significant travel disruptions as their T20 World Cup campaigns have not even yet begun.

According to antiguaobserver.com, Ireland and Sri Lanka had to contend with a seven-hour delay after their warm-up match in Florida, USA, as they awaited their chartered flight to New York.

Both teams had been scheduled to arrive in New York at 8pm on Friday, but instead only arrived at 5am on Saturday morning. The delay meant Sri Lanka’s scheduled practice session on Saturday morning had to be cancelled.

Sri Lanka also are reportedly staying at a hotel one-and-a-half hours away from the match venue. It means a three-hour round trip for training sessions for Sri Lanka.

Meanwhile, teams like India have been accommodated in hotels in close vicinity to stadia and are playing at a single venue as their travel time is reduced to a minimum.

The report went on to add that South Africa, Ireland and Sri Lanka have filed complaints with the International Cricket Council (ICC) on the matter.

Why aren't these questions asked to the ICC? It is a tournament run by them. They make the schedule. They are responsible for this and answerable.

ICC comes under fire after travel disruptions affect Proteas, Sri Lanka, Ireland - report

South Africa, Sri Lanka and Ireland have reportedly had to navigate significant travel disruptions as their T20 World Cup campaigns have not even yet begun.

According to antiguaobserver.com, Ireland and Sri Lanka had to contend with a seven-hour delay after their warm-up match in Florida, USA, as they awaited their chartered flight to New York.

Both teams had been scheduled to arrive in New York at 8pm on Friday, but instead only arrived at 5am on Saturday morning. The delay meant Sri Lanka’s scheduled practice session on Saturday morning had to be cancelled.

Sri Lanka also are reportedly staying at a hotel one-and-a-half hours away from the match venue. It means a three-hour round trip for training sessions for Sri Lanka.

Meanwhile, teams like India have been accommodated in hotels in close vicinity to stadia and are playing at a single venue as their travel time is reduced to a minimum.

The report went on to add that South Africa, Ireland and Sri Lanka have filed complaints with the International Cricket Council (ICC) on the matter.

What is ICC's response to this?

Back