The aftermath of India winning an ICC tournament, what is to be expected next?

This Border Gavaskar trophy will define our legacy, we have to plan well in advance, rest our key players for the earlier series.
Australia is hurting and they will want to beat us. They have the team for that and will be formidable in their conditions.
And please no KL Rahul again.

Gambhir has a very sharp cricketing mind , has connections ( if need arises), has a fearless attitude and more importantly he has put in a substantial contribution in the 2007, 2011 wins, but went unnoticed and unsung compared to his other team mates.He has taken KKR to glory both as a player and coach(mentor). He will be the right person to coach India.

IPL stars will be injected in the international team. India already is the one on top of the cricket board with most power, how much more power would they get? Lol

One thing which I think is an open secret and will happen, if you think BCCI will get more power, champion trophy won't happen in Pakistan or ICC will bend to BCCI's neutral venue demand for atleast India's games

Champions Trophy will be in T20 format as many posters here said and that will be the first step to kill ODI cricket. There were discussions about changing the ODI format to 40 overs or 2 innings of T20s but I don't think it will happen. There will be T20s and tests. T20s are the only way to get lesser teams engaged and for expansion. That's the only popcorn format that will be embraced by newer markets. Test cricket will be played between elite teams. Slowly this.will.lead to.an expanded IPL for 4 months initially and eventually for 6 months with additional teams. IPL owners will have their own teams in foreign lands that will cultivate talent to.create a pipeline for IPL India.

The unlimited trolling of Pakistani players has already begun. Harbhajan and Parthiv Patel have already mocked Babar Azam in different videos

The unlimited trolling of Pakistani players has already begun. Harbhajan and Parthiv Patel have already mocked Babar Azam in different videos
In all honesty the videos of training are cringe esp that of Ifti and Shadab drinking carbonated drinks.
It doesn’t make sense

In all honesty the videos of training are cringe esp that of Ifti and Shadab drinking carbonated drinks.
It doesn’t make sense
social media players.

There focus is more on uploading pics and vids of themselves playing and having tea and drinks together

I think nothing much is gonna happen apart from the fact that India will be having a new coach and new captain for the white ball.

India might go on a winning spree from here now as they have closed the chapter of choking.

Vaughan wrote on X on day of final : "I feel if India get the job done today they are going to go on a trophy winning spree .. they have so much quality in and out of this squad .. Its been 10 yrs since they won a trophy and this one could lead to quite a few over the next years,"

Apart from the obvious protective equipment in American Football, Rugby is still mostly a team sport, American Football in my opinion is more catered to individuals. Rugby you always have to pass backwards so the team moves together, not so in American Football as the quarterback can ping the ball anywhere
American football is absolutely a team sport. Your line has to block well. Your receivers have to get open for passes, your RB has to find the space to run in. Your QB has to find the receiver and complete the pass. The defense must pressure the QB, the LBs must tackle well for short gains, and the defensive backs must break up or intercept the pass.

As I always say, it is not the size of the population watching. It is how much disposable income the population watching that matters.

That is exactly why the NFL is what it is. It is our national pass time.

Disposable income of watching population is also why US is the fourth largest revenue source for cricket. A country where the game is in it's infancy and we have already overtaken everyone except the B3 in market potential!

This is true.

I noticed that each of the 12 IPL teams plays 14 games each season. If they want to maximize monetization, they need to get a longer window for the IPL and do it over 4 months. More eyeballs on weekends and thus more ad money, ticket revenue, and if you want to copy an American tradition-you can even tailgate before the games.

I do not think we are where we need to be in cricket revenue in USA. They didn't even give the Super 8 bonus to the players, rather it was kept with the board it appears. I think more work needs to be done and you have to grow the support. I'm hopeful PCB can finally make some friends and develop more quality T20 players because it will surely help bring some to the MCL every year. But they need to get serious.

American football is absolutely a team sport. Your line has to block well. Your receivers have to get open for passes, your RB has to find the space to run in. Your QB has to find the receiver and complete the pass. The defense must pressure the QB, the LBs must tackle well for short gains, and the defensive backs must break up or intercept the pass.

This is true.

I noticed that each of the 12 IPL teams plays 14 games each season. If they want to maximize monetization, they need to get a longer window for the IPL and do it over 4 months. More eyeballs on weekends and thus more ad money, ticket revenue, and if you want to copy an American tradition-you can even tailgate before the games.

I do not think we are where we need to be in cricket revenue in USA. They didn't even give the Super 8 bonus to the players, rather it was kept with the board it appears. I think more work needs to be done and you have to grow the support. I'm hopeful PCB can finally make some friends and develop more quality T20 players because it will surely help bring some to the MCL every year. But they need to get serious.
10 IPL teams. The reason it’s kept is the duration is due to other countries and also that its summer time in India.

10 IPL teams. The reason it’s kept is the duration is due to other countries and also that its summer time in India.
The number of regular season games are increasing in 2025 and again in 2026. A few years after that, there likely will be an expansion. Probably two more teams. You put all of this together, you will see a larger IPL. Which means a longer IPL.

Every time India has won an ICC trophy, their image has increased and cricket world has gone through major changes.

When they won the first World T20 in 2007, while IPL was in the works already, but the image of IPL grew and a BCCI that was reluctant about T20 cricket and World T20s, decided to give a ahead on a T20 league and its format. Thus, the cash cow started flowing.

When they won the 2011 World Cup, cricket again changed, with India gaining more power and the big three concept foundation was laid down, where the amount of money to be taken was to be decided by BCCI as it became a major stakeholder

Could the cricket world go through another shakedown after this win. These shakedowns could be for good or bad
This India’s opportunity to make IPL even bigger, to compete with American sports.

This India’s opportunity to make IPL even bigger, to compete with American sports.
IPL is already too long . I don't want to increased the number of matches .

I want more Test series with Australia, England , South Africa ,NZ ( minimum 3 Test match series with against NZ and SA) , amd Hopefully against Pakistan .

Bored for these T20 matches .

I want more Test series with Australia, England , South Africa ,NZ ( minimum 3 Test match series with against NZ and SA) , amd Hopefully against Pakistan .

Free market is all I can say. Let the free market decide. Because the market force has this "nasty" habit of taking care of things!

But that's they cricket will go, We might have Premier League style relegation and promotion across multiple tiers too.

Back