Countdown to 15th October - Which player will be replaced in the Pakistan T20 World Cup squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan squad for ICC Men’s T20 World Cup: (changes can be made to the squad till 15 October, without needing the Event Technical Committee’s approval):

Babar Azam (captain) (Central Punjab), Shadab Khan (vice-captain) (Northern), Asif Ali (Northern), Haider Ali (Northern), Haris Rauf (Northern), Iftikhar Ahmed (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Khushdil Shah (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Mohammad Hasnain (Sindh), Mohammad Nawaz (Northern), Mohammad Rizwan (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Mohammad Wasim Junior (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Naseem Shah (Southern Punjab), Shaheen Shah Afridi (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Shan Masood (Balochistan) and Usman Qadir (Central Punjab)

==

So, which player can/should be replaced and with whom?

I really hope they make some changes but the way things have gone, team management will likely double down on the current squad.

IMO we should replace Khushdil, Iftikhar/Haider, and Usman Qadir with Shoaib Malik, Haris Sohail and Imad Wasim. I would also bring Wasim Jr down to reserves and bring Fakhar to the 15 member squad. All subject to Shaheen and Fakhar getting back to full fitness.

Last edited:
I will drop Khushdil,Dahani,Qadir and Shan masood I will bring in Fakhar and Azam Khan in the 15 and Imad Wasim in the reserves

Babar
Rizwan
Sharjeel
Haider Ali
Malik
Iftikhar
Asif Ali
Azam khan
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
Wasim Jnr
Shadab
Nawaz
Fakhar

Imad Wasim
Muhammed Haris
Hasnain

My xi would be
Sharjeel
Rizwan
Babar
Malik or Azam Khan
Fakhar
Iftikhar
Shadab
Nawaz
Shaheen
Rauf
Naseem

Azam Khan
Haider Ali
Wasim Jnr
Asif Ali

All three KIA players need to be dropped along with Usman and Dhani, but from KIA trio only Khushdil will be dropped and the two bowlers aforementioned.

There are visa issues so they have to think fast also.

Guys clearly not cut for the role

1. Khushdil Shah
2. Usman Qadir
3. Shahnawaz Dahani
4. Muhammad Harris (management has no trust in him)
5. Haider Ali
Questionable but should survive

6. Shan Masood
7. Iftikhar Ahmed
8. Wasim JR

8 players are easily replaceable out of 18 lol

my team

1. fakhar
2. asif ali (Captain)
3. haider ali
4. babar
5. rizwan
6. Khusdil (Vice captain)
7. ifti
8. dahani
9. nawaz
10. naseem
11. shaheen

my team

1. fakhar
2. asif ali (Captain)
3. haider ali
4. babar
5. rizwan
7. ifti
8. dahani
9. nawaz
10. naseem
11. shaheen
What a team. Captain Asif Ali and vice captain is none other than Khushdil Shah. Kaun hai yeh log, kahan se aate hai. :91: :inti

my team

1. fakhar
2. asif ali (Captain)
3. haider ali
4. babar
5. rizwan
7. ifti
8. dahani
9. nawaz
10. naseem
11. shaheen

Should get 180 with this side

my team

1. fakhar
2. asif ali (Captain)
3. haider ali
4. babar
5. rizwan
7. ifti
8. dahani
9. nawaz
10. naseem
11. shaheen

Allow me tweek it a bit for you.

1. Fakhar
2. Asif Ali (c)
3. Babar
4. Khushdil
5. Rizwan
6. Chacha
7. Nawaz
8. Shadab
9. Rauf
10. Shaheen
11. Hasnain

Qadir, Haider and Wasim jnr need to be dumped.

Haris also removed from the equation as well.

Assuming changes are made to the squad:

Riz
Fakhar/Haider
Babar
Shadab
Iftikhar
Imad
Nawaz (floater)
Asif (floater)
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf

Pakistan have at least got to try Shadab at 4 and make the most out of that. I believe that there is a good batsman in him to play at that position.

David Warner pretty much exposed Imad's constant darters in last year's semi final but considering the overall pedestrian batting, I'd say for the sake of assurance, bring him back in. He's had a very good CPL so there's that.

Asif and Nawaz (Asif in particular) need to be used as floaters. Although with Asif lately, they have been using him as a floater but is still failing. He comes in late, hits 2-3 sixes, and everyone's like 'bRIng hiM uP the OrdeR, whAt Is THis MaNageMENt!?' and when he's brought in early he's pedestrian. Amidst his consistent mediocrity, he's still one of Pak's best six hitters so he should still be persisted with and we should just hope for the best for whatever stage of the innings he comes to the crease in.

What a team. Captain Asif Ali and vice captain is none other than Khushdil Shah. Kaun hai yeh log, kahan se aate hai. :91: :inti

After the uncalled hating, I'm Khushi's biggest cheerleader now, KS for captain over Asif for me. :aag

Asking this since Asia Cup. Why can't Imad and Faheem be part of this team? :inti

Imad seems to be disliked for non-cricketing reasons. Sad scenes.

Faheem is no better than any of our reserve pacers and doesn't bring much more with the bat in the short format. Nobody is missing him.

Imad seems to be disliked for non-cricketing reasons. Sad scenes.

Faheem is no better than any of our reserve pacers and doesn't bring much more with the bat in the short format. Nobody is missing him.

Its very obvious that it is imads attitude. Thinks he is far superior than the rest. Raised in the UK and character vise, he probably puts himself above the rest. And also not someone who would listen to the captain, at a point, he was tipped to be captain, so with all that, no matter how talented you are, not many captains would prefer such a character around his team. But its good to leave him out. One being the conditions and the next for the betterment of the teams unity.

I would not drop anyone now it’s too late. Let media and fans cry.

Since we have this team
Rizwan
Babar
Shan( complete garbage player but since he is selected)
Asif Ali/Nawaz
Haider Ali
Chacha
Shadab
Nawaz
Shaheen
Haris
naseem/ husnian

Shan can bowl few overs
Chacha can bowl

We can not I repeat can not have chacha up the order with another accumulator

I also want Asif Ali to succeed or be completely dumped from the face of Pakistan cricket.

Let’s give him#4 and yes we don’t need top 4 accumulators.

Our management will not change anything. If (and they likely will) crash at the worldcup, they will make wholesome changes.

No one let them play now since two years they have tortured so let’s see another torture .

Also our bowling except Rauf and shaheen will be hammered . They are raw for those conditions . Add to that batting woes

Last edited:
my team

1. fakhar
2. asif ali (Captain)
3. haider ali
4. babar
5. rizwan
7. ifti
8. dahani
9. nawaz
10. naseem
11. shaheen

Nice team . Next year it can play qualifiers

The only change the management is likely to make is to bring in Fakhar. Babar and co are too "dheet" and fully believe in their mediocre batting of Khushdil, Chacha and Ifti.

1. Rizwan
2. Fakhar
3. Babar
4. Sohaib Maqsood
5. Shoaib Malik
6. Asif Ali
7. Shadab
8. Nawaz
9. Shaheen
10. Naseem
11. Rauf

Asking this since Asia Cup. Why can't Imad and Faheem be part of this team? :inti

Mohammad Wasim the Chief Selector hates Imad. He was the first guy he dropped from the team since he took over.
It's said that since last year's wt20, Imad has had a falling out with Babar as well either due to Imad's axing since or due to Babar replacing Imad as t20 captain for Karachi Kings or due to both. Imad and Babar used to be very close friends. Babar used to stay over at Imad's house when he would visit Islamabad. Actually met both of them chilling out at a restaurant a few years back.

Fahim has been out of favor since the series against South Africa well over a year ago. I would actually pick Fahim over Wasim but Fahim himself isn't that good for LOIs though. On top of that Fahim had an average PSL earlier this year which is "considered as the main platform to get selected in all formats" for Pakistan since last few years.

And our CS also likes to make left field selections as a desperate attempt to "unearth a diamond" to get himself under spotlight.

PCT will go with the same squad. M Wasim is just another addition to the brainless selectors' camp that features Haroon Rashid, Iqbal Qasim, Abdul Qadir, Wasim Bari, Saleem Jaffar et al.

We play a long batting lineup which gives us no value anyway. Most times they don't even get to bat.

We should drop a batsmen (Khushdil) for Aamer Jamal.

His batting can't be worse than Khushdil and we gain a 4th seam option, which can be really useful for team balance.

It is now useless to cry for replacement.with a match just 2 weeks away it is better to not talk about replacement..jus need to change batting order and try few combination in newzealand series .
I would recommend
Rizwan
Haider Ali
Khushdil Shah
Babar
Shahdab
Iftikar
Nawaz
Naseem
Shaheen
Rouf
Hasnain

Asif out - M Haris in
Usman out - Imad in
Haider out - Fakhar in
Wasim out - Jamal in
Khushdil out - Malik in

PCT will go with the same squad. M Wasim is just another addition to the brainless selectors' camp that features Haroon Rashid, Iqbal Qasim, Abdul Qadir, Wasim Bari, Saleem Jaffar et al.

Why are we blaming CS when we literally don't have any sort of talent in our domestic circuit. Hafeez was probably the best middle order player but he is retired. Team is not bad because we haven't picked the right guys, team is bad simply because we don't have any sort of batting talent, we have little bit of talent as far as bowling is concerned but batting wise it's literally 0.

It is now useless to cry for replacement.with a match just 2 weeks away it is better to not talk about replacement..jus need to change batting order and try few combination in newzealand series .
I would recommend
Rizwan
Haider Ali
Khushdil Shah
Babar
Shahdab
Iftikar
Nawaz
Naseem
Shaheen
Rouf
Hasnain

If your going to bat Babar at 4 might aswell not have him in thr squad.

Now that they haven't made any changes to the squad I can only see Fakhar making the 15.

Why are we blaming CS when we literally don't have any sort of talent in our domestic circuit. Hafeez was probably the best middle order player but he is retired. Team is not bad because we haven't picked the right guys, team is bad simply because we don't have any sort of batting talent, we have little bit of talent as far as bowling is concerned but batting wise it's literally 0.

What you are saying are two different things. If a set of players performs badly, you drop them. Period. Once they have left the premise and are safely tugged in their beds, you take out the list of top performers from the domestics and find out they are worse than Zimbabwe's Z team. But since there are vacancies in the squad, you select the best among them even if they hold the bat with the fat side up, or hold the ball between their pinky and ring finger.

We play a long batting lineup which gives us no value anyway. Most times they don't even get to bat.

We should drop a batsmen (Khushdil) for Aamer Jamal.

His batting can't be worse than Khushdil and we gain a 4th seam option, which can be really useful for team balance.

Unfortunately Babar's captaincy tends to go from a pre-determined script and he'll never use the extra option.

Unfortunately Babar's captaincy tends to go from a pre-determined script and he'll never use the extra option.

exactly horrible captain ..timid..... asif ali should be made captain in ODI , T20 .. rauf , khusdil should be groomed for future captaincy

I don’t think there will be many if any changes unless players are “injured”, Wasim has said that.

But then also I think NZ series is the last ride for them. I feel Usman,Asif, Kushdil, Haider, Haris and Dahani, got still be axed at any point.
Then there is Fakhar and Shaheen injuries.

Non have any performance to justify selection and not many would be surprised.

Short of 3 weeks, I am still believing that there will still be some changes here. You never know some players have knocked on the door with performance.

1. SHARJEEL - could come into the team and bolster the top order, has performed in Australia before and his runs can be handy in a struggling team. Be it at 3 or even open with Babar as he has done for KK. One of the non existing batters can be changed.

2. Imad Wasim - noticed Nawaz effect has worn off in last few games, not even competing his quota. Imad a proven track record, in form and batting well. Kushdil ideal replacement and like for like.

3.Malik/Azam - one of the two, one super fit -over the age/ the other a youngster who is super unfit! Both can be handy at 4, batting well against spin but in Australia I think their off side game will need to come the fore. Being a good hooker and puller will help. Malik dab down to third man won’t really cut it. No need to further tarnish reputation. Azam I may just go for due to his current confirmation of confidence. Can’t be worse than Haider or even Asif. Also can keep so be a replacement for Haris.

4. Aamir - not Jamal, Mohammad, we know current regime, the government is known to be corrupt. He is needed, two are better than one, he has Shaheen and Haris to support him, Naseem is on song, Shadab, Nawaz and Imad are better than most our middle order. If Malik is to return I think, I give them a last go in Pakistan colours.

My changes then would be for the final squad after the NZ series.

Sharjeel - Kushdil Shah
Imad Wasim - Dahani
Malik - Haider Ali
Amir - Usman Qadir

A final XI

Babar 56
Rizwan 16
Sharjeel 96
Ifitkhar 95
Nawaz 21
Malik 18
Shadab 7
Imad 9
Shaheen 10
Haris 97
Amir 5

Only missing Hafeez 8 :(

Assuming changes are made to the squad:

Riz
Fakhar/Haider
Babar
Shadab
Iftikhar
Imad
Nawaz (floater)
Asif (floater)
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf

Pakistan have at least got to try Shadab at 4 and make the most out of that. I believe that there is a good batsman in him to play at that position.

David Warner pretty much exposed Imad's constant darters in last year's semi final but considering the overall pedestrian batting, I'd say for the sake of assurance, bring him back in. He's had a very good CPL so there's that.

Asif and Nawaz (Asif in particular) need to be used as floaters. Although with Asif lately, they have been using him as a floater but is still failing. He comes in late, hits 2-3 sixes, and everyone's like 'bRIng hiM uP the OrdeR, whAt Is THis MaNageMENt!?' and when he's brought in early he's pedestrian. Amidst his consistent mediocrity, he's still one of Pak's best six hitters so he should still be persisted with and we should just hope for the best for whatever stage of the innings he comes to the crease in.

That's pretty much my team too. Although Imad's T20I batting record isn't great, and had a poor tour of AUS in 2019, he provides an additional bowling option. Replaces Khushdil for me.

I feel Aamer Jamal's been hard done by. He won us a match on debut with his death bowling, next game got hammered by Phil Salt like everyone else and was dropped. He'd offer more than Wasim jr.

Fakhar likely returns to replace Haider Ali who sadly looks technically and mentally shot. Keeps getting in bad positions to play the short ball. Management have messed him around too. Needs to go back to domestics.

Can't see any more changes than that. Usman Qadir will stay in the squad. Babar didn't even give Abrar Ahmed one match vs ENG so protected his buddy's place.

Last edited:
Haider will be removed for Fakhar unless he gets a chance against Bangla tomorrow and smashes it. Real final opportunity.

Khushdil can be replaced by Malik in theory. It will not be a bad move under the current situation we are in.

Clock ticking away - Any changes expected or are we locked with this squad?

Clock ticking away - Any changes expected or are we locked with this squad?

The only realistic change I could see happen is Fakhar Zaman coming in for Khushdil or Asif potentially.

I think its a too late to be chopping and changing, reminds me of the time Khurram Manzoor was brought into the Pakistan team ahead of the 2016 Asia Cup only to be dropped ahead of the T20WC in 2016 as well.

Might as well get it the T20 WC over and done with.

Usman Qadir will only be available from 16th.

What's the plan PCB?

Fakhar will make the squad and one of Qadir,Shan,Khusdill will make way.

Usman Qadir will only be available from 16th.

What's the plan PCB?

Surely it's not to retain him after the phainty he got at home while Imad comparitively had a solid CPL.

If this swap doesn't happen i'd be really curious what Imad has done to be so disliked that his banishment from the team is more important than how Pakistan fare in a World Cup.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some good news for Pakistan cricket regarding the fitness of 2 players. Both Fakhar Zaman and Shaheen Shah Afridi are making good progress and are likely to be available for the T20 World Cup <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/T20WorldCup2022?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#T20WorldCup2022</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1579137513704550401?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 9, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some good news for Pakistan cricket regarding the fitness of 2 players. Both Fakhar Zaman and Shaheen Shah Afridi are making good progress and are likely to be available for the T20 World Cup <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/T20WorldCup2022?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#T20WorldCup2022</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1579137513704550401?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 9, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To be fully prepared both at least need to play one of the practise games .

Otherwise throwing two undercooked players into the deep end against India could be very problematic.

Imad Wasim is doing well in CPL. Need to throw him on a flight to Australia and send Shan Masood or Khushdil back. Yeah, I say pack the middle order with guys like Shadab and Imad. What’s the worst that can happen?

Fakhar will replace Khushdil that will be the only change

Finally someone who knows Cricket and not throwing random names....

Yup that SHOULD be the only change.

I dont know how people can ask for Imad, Faheem, Malik or Azam..

To be fully prepared both at least need to play one of the practise games .

Otherwise throwing two undercooked players into the deep end against India could be very problematic.

Ideally they should play both practise games.

Thier was no question about it that Fakhar if he was fit would have made the world cup squad.

Fakhar in for Khushdil is the only change that makes sense and would give this team a real boost.

1) Babar
2) Rizwan
3) Fakhar
4) Haider (floater)
5) Iftikhar (floater)
6) Asif (floater)
7) Shadab (floater)
8) Nawaz (floater)
9) Rauf
10) Shaheen
11) Naseem/Hasnain

However, we have to hope that Fakhar has found his touch back otherwise he's just going to be a liability that won't score runs and will eat up deliveries, like he did in the Asia cup.

Ever since Hafeez, Malik, Imad are gone … at 4,5,6,7 they have been trying so many players and it’s two years now they are still searching and have no clue who to play and where to bat them.

Due to like dislikes friendship culture they consistently gave chances to the wrong 3 KIA , they could have easily given more chances to Kamran ghulam, Haider and Agha Salman instead , atleast they have age and future on their side

Professional coaching unit , will not be as messy as it looks like now.

Fakhar will come in but honestly Iftikhar or Haider should have been replaced by Azamkhan we really lack hitters

Fakhar Rizwan Babar AzKhan Asif Nawaz Shadab WasimJr Rauf Hasnain Shaheen

Last day or so - will anything happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back