Dharamshala Cricket Ground

KFC_Zinger

Tape Ball Regular
Runs

dunnow how to post pics here, but i was going through some pics of this stadium.... Its amazingly scenic.... very beautiful.....

Beautiful ground,located in one of the most serene and picturesque part of the world.Would definitely love to go there one day.

It is an amazing ground. First time I saw it on TV was during this year's IPL. I mean people say Lords is beautiful, but when you think about it, there are flats practically falling into the ground itself. But you look at the Dharamshala and you just seen amazingly scenic mountains surrounding the ground.

I have been to this stadium to watch an IPL match with Chennai Superkings last year. It's just beautiful

took picture while waching a ipl match his year on youtube

Attachments

• dharamshalla1.JPG
    dharamshalla1.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 2,156
If they hosted a Test there against England, I reckon thousands of English would make the trip!

Yeah everyone is saying they should have more matches there.

I think there is an issue of good five star hotels in and around Dharmshala, plus it has only 1 airport (Kangra airport, small one at that) to boot.

I have been to this ground on the occasion of a FC game played between UP and some Pak team (forgot the name) some 5 years back.

Simply awesome ground.

It is an amazing ground. First time I saw it on TV was during this year's IPL. I mean people say Lords is beautiful, but when you think about it, there are flats practically falling into the ground itself. But you look at the Dharamshala and you just seen amazingly scenic mountains surrounding the ground.

That's the beauty of the two London grounds imo. If you're a street away from the ground, you won't see it.

I think there is an issue of good five star hotels in and around Dharmshala, plus it has only 1 airport (Kangra airport, small one at that) to boot.

Yeah good infrastructure is lacking

Easily one of the top 3 best location for any stadium amazing scenary, just divine...

stunning. this should become atleast an odi ground. its so scenic.

wow gotta love the nature.. btw nice name KFC_Zinger lol
Aj kal UAe mey KFC aam k dham bhik raha hey :p

Definitely the most beautiful ground in India..

Though its unlikely to host much international cricket as the capacity doesnt seem to be much and BCCI rarely holds international matches in such grounds

My friends Uncle with his group had gone for trekkiing to this place & the pics i saw were breathtaking ... so many streams.

I love this ground i hope pak india will meet here i saw the match of ipl.Sailkot stallions also play here

Good location and only one good stand. The sitting area are pavements? lol

Last edited:
It reminds me of the stadiums in Cape Town (Newlands, Paarl, Plumstead, Stellenbosch etc) with the beautiful mountain backdrop

Dharamsala to host international matches

The picturesque stadium in Himachal Pradesh's Dharamsala town is all set to host international cricket matches with the International Cricket Council (ICC) giving its clearance, an official said here on Friday.

The ICC has approved the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) stadium for hosting one-day international (ODI) and Twenty20 matches, HPCA press secretary Mohit Sood told IANS.

He said former Australian cricketer and ICC match referee David Boon visited the stadium on December 12 last year to check infrastructure for hosting international matches.

"The setting and outlook of this venue is outstanding, being located in the shadow of the Himalayan mountains, making it one of the most unique in the cricketing world," Boon said in a report.

HPCA officials said the stadium's popularity soared with the hosting of five IPL matches in the past two IPL seasons.

It's being counted as the second home ground for the Kings XI Punjab team, which originally belongs to Mohali near Chandigarh.

The stadium, 250 km from state capital Shimla, has a 20,400-seating capacity, besides separate practice areas, a club lounge, restaurant, bar and banquet hall.

It figured first on the international cricket map in 2005 when it hosted a warm-up tie between the touring Pakistan team and the Indian Board President's XI. Since then, the stadium has hosted 24 matches in the Ranji Trophy, apart from hosting two ODIs between India Under 19 and Australia Under 19 on September 24 and 25, 2005.

Dharamsala to host international matches

The picturesque stadium in Himachal Pradesh's Dharamsala town is all set to host international cricket matches with the International Cricket Council (ICC) giving its clearance, an official said here on Friday.

The ICC has approved the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) stadium for hosting one-day international (ODI) and Twenty20 matches, HPCA press secretary Mohit Sood told IANS.

He said former Australian cricketer and ICC match referee David Boon visited the stadium on December 12 last year to check infrastructure for hosting international matches.

"The setting and outlook of this venue is outstanding, being located in the shadow of the Himalayan mountains, making it one of the most unique in the cricketing world," Boon said in a report.

HPCA officials said the stadium's popularity soared with the hosting of five IPL matches in the past two IPL seasons.

It's being counted as the second home ground for the Kings XI Punjab team, which originally belongs to Mohali near Chandigarh.

The stadium, 250 km from state capital Shimla, has a 20,400-seating capacity, besides separate practice areas, a club lounge, restaurant, bar and banquet hall.

It figured first on the international cricket map in 2005 when it hosted a warm-up tie between the touring Pakistan team and the Indian Board President's XI. Since then, the stadium has hosted 24 matches in the Ranji Trophy, apart from hosting two ODIs between India Under 19 and Australia Under 19 on September 24 and 25, 2005.

good news

Cricket academy in Dharamsala
BCCI is mulling over training young cricketers at Dharamsala, that has conditions akin to the England and Australia.
In a recently-concluded National Cricket Academy (NCA) meeting at the BCCI headquarters, it was decided that the players picked for different BCCI academies will have to undergo a two-week training camp at Dharamsala in Himachal Pradesh.
The move comes in view of the bowling friendly conditions that prevail at the venue, which will give the cricketers a fair idea of how to handle swing.
It has been learned that the governing body is contemplating to build a seamer-friendly track at the venue apart from an academy, where players can prepare before touring places like England, Australia or New Zealand.
A proposal to this effect is already under consideration and the board could take a final decision in this regard during its AGM in September.
Confirming the proposal, BCCI joint-secretary Anurag Thakur said high-altitude training and learning to play on green-tops are basic requirements and the board wants the youngsters to hone their skills in these challenging conditions.
"In the past, some BCCI members have suggested Dharamsala as a much-suited training place before touring countries like South Africa and Australia," he said.
With the board already having taken some steps by allowing its Under-19 team to participate in the quadrangular series in Australia in April, Thakur said the tour will help the youngsters to get hang of the alien conditions.
"The Australian tour will help future cricketers get used to pitches abroad," he said.
The Indian colts are scheduled to play the U-19 World Cup in Australia inAugust and the tour in April will be anideal preparation the event.
The quadrangular series will also feature teams from England and NewZealand apart from the hosts.

I remember it started snowing there when pak played one of those practice matches under inzi

Stunning cricket ground!! Most beautiful in the world imo!!

153806.jpg

Dharamsala cricket ground, captured on twitter by England's fast bowler Steven Finn ahead of Sunday's ODI against India

153825.jpg

:kohli

153826.jpg

153824.jpg

Imagine practice with that background!! wow!!

^^
Half sleeves....???

I thought somebody posted the temp of 1 C during the day!

...and how the temp can -2 C at 9AM when the the temp right now (2AM) is 7 C.

Something is wrong!!!

Attachments

• 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,804
Last edited:
I just hope that this classy stadium will stay like that. India has ruined almost all of its beauty in the hills by commercializing it all. Now when i go to Himachal, i don't see mountains and trees anymore, but hotels and flats everywhere. Our population ruins it all. :( :(

come on f_c, why care about the environment..humans getting more land to live is better than having some scenic beauty.

This is how the stadium looks during this time of the year. :yk

Dharamshala-Cricket-Ground-in-Himachal-Pradesh-in-Winter.jpg

Dharamshala+Snow+Fall.jpg

come on f_c, why care about the environment..humans getting more land to live is better than having some scenic beauty.

Sucks. The valleys are losing their charm. It's not what it used to be in the old days. :(

What a beautiful stadium.

PCB needs to take such initiative as well.

Beautiful. I would still rate Queenstown cricket stadium in New Zealand as the worlds best with jaw dropping backdrop.

Back