Did Pakistan miss the trick of trying out Imad Wasim or some other all-rounder in this Test series?

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Right after this series, Pakistan would be facing the Australian side for a three match test series. Pakistan looks set in the bowling department and somewhat in the batting department, but they would be looking to add an allrounder to give them a 5th bowler option in the test series against Australia.

Nawaz or Imad could had been tried out here easily, Rizwan debut could have waited, or they could replaced him with Sarfraz who has been more with the bat anyways.

Nope.

If we had a good seam all rounder there was a case maube

No, its not about selecting x y or z player, although Imad is only a spin bowling allrounder in any case.

The problem is the poor preperation of this tour, not just the inadequate batting in seaming conditions but the bowling should have been tigter on more helpful surfaces. NZ should never have got 270 in these conditions, 200 max.

No, its not about selecting x y or z player, although Imad is only a spin bowling allrounder in any case.

The problem is the poor preperation of this tour, not just the inadequate batting in seaming conditions but the bowling should have been tigter on more helpful surfaces. NZ should never have got 270 in these conditions, 200 max.

But i think we need to understand its their home, and just because Pakistan cant play in these conditions that doesn't mean the home team can't.

Besides, how else could they had prepared for this tour? THey came straight from the West Indies one.

To me this 2 match series wasn't a serious one, and was arranged as a practice tour for the Aussie tour.

But i think we need to understand its their home, and just because Pakistan cant play in these conditions that doesn't mean the home team can't.

Besides, how else could they had prepared for this tour? THey came straight from the West Indies one.

To me this 2 match series wasn't a serious one, and was arranged as a practice tour for the Aussie tour.

thats senselss

but yes in the larger context of thing id take a whitewash here if we can draw in OZ.

Spanking new zealand in NZ maybe a big achievement for other asian teams but for us its no big deal. we unbeaten there in 30 years and have won most of the series

when there isnt even any space for a world class pure spinning bowler, under what kind of thinking would it make sense to play a spinning all rounder?

There is no use putting an all rounder who isn't good enough in the team, so have no problem going with 4 bowlers. But I think yamin should have been given a chance

Problem is that pakistan do not have a reliable all rounder.

Adding bits and pieces player in the line up will worsen the team even further.

Why do you guys keep searching for bits and pieces players? An allrounder needs to get into a side for a mani skill and whatever he can do. With the second skill is a bonus.if you guys don't have someone like that at domestic cricket then don't force it.

Aamer Yamin would have been a really good A/R to have on these pitches.

The guy can move the ball and would have been a better option than riaz.

The only problem is, that he hasn't done anything with the bat this season.

We didn't "miss" any trick.

After every test loss you get threads like this. "Should xyz player have been tried??" these miniscule changes would've done little when the problems run much deeper mainly having clueless batsmen in swing seam conditions coming off of false confidence from England + lack of practice games as well as an erratic pace attack which has been overrated for some time.

Last edited:
A big No to this question. We did wrong with Rizwan who is just there for trip, we must go with Sharjeel as what they have said earlier at the time of selection and no need to go with Wahab as Rahat is doing well.

Back