Dr Aamir Liaquat Hussain passes away

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Former Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) lawmaker Aamir Liaquat Hussain passed away on Thursday at his residence in Karachi.

Reportedly, the Karachi-based politician and entertainer was found unconscious at his house and was rushed to a hospital in the provincial capital.

The 49-year-old was shifted to a private hospital in the port city due to his critical condition earlier but doctors failed to revive him.

The news of his death was also confirmed by National Assembly Speaker Pervaiz Ashraf who postponed the session of the house to mark the death of the lawmaker. Due to his death, the proceedings of the house have been adjourned till 5 pm tomorrow.

According to sources, the anchor had the door of his room locked and his house staff knocked on it several times to no avail.

The staffers said Aamir started feeling unwell last night and he complained of chest pain. The former lawmaker was then shifted to a hospital from his house in Khudadad Colony.

Separately, the driver of the ex-MNA told the city police that they had heard a “scream from his [Aamir’s] room a day earlier”.

According to police, the body of the deceased will be shifted to Jinnah Hospital or Civil Hospital for post-mortem after which it would be handed over to the immediate family.

Before joining the PTI, Aamir was a member of the MQM-P. He had served as state minister during the government of military dictator Gen Pervez Musharraf. He got elected to the National Assembly twice: in 2002 and 2018.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, former president Asif Ali Zardari, PPP Chairperson and Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, and former Sindh governor Imran Ismail expressed sorrow over the demise of the former lawmaker and prayed for his soul.

The televangelist was born on July 5, 1972. He is survived by two children.

Aamir was a popular host of Ramazan transmissions, game shows which run pre and post Iftaar during the holy month. Starting his media career in 2001 after joining a private news channel, he hosted Aalim Online, which contributed greatly to his early popularity.

He continued hosting Ramazan shows throughout his career.

Aamir was also a controversial figure during the past few years. His multiple marriages, his political statements and lately his leaked videos all caused controversy. After his private videos were leaked, he stated that he had "no choice but to leave the country after this fiasco".

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2360760/amir-liaquat-passes-away-in-karachi

Last edited:
Sad end for the guy. He completely lost it during the last few years and his future reference would he defined by that.

Anyways, what was the reason for his death? Natural causes or suicide?

Condolences to pti and mqm

Was there any genuine reason for that woman to release private videos between her and him to the world besides jealousy?

Was there any genuine reason for that woman to release private videos between her and him to the world besides jealousy?

Thats a seperate issue and seperate context. I understand by his death people might view things differently, but the guy had went on a rampage to destroy his own reputation and personality.

This will be come abit sensitive topic now, but the reputation part will always be referred from now on when amir liaqut is discussed.

Even dawn news had to report its death by saying that this is what is beinf reported and would be confirming the news itself, thus even they not sure if this was true due to the reputation detoriation byhimself during the last few years.

Feel sorry for the kids who will have to look back at the videos of amir liaqut who said he woyld be leaving soon.

Thats a seperate issue and seperate context. I understand by his death people might view things differently, but the guy had went on a rampage to destroy his own reputation and personality.

This will be come abit sensitive topic now, but the reputation part will always be referred from now on when amir liaqut is discussed.

Even dawn news had to report its death by saying that this is what is beinf reported and would be confirming the news itself, thus even they not sure if this was true due to the reputation detoriation byhimself during the last few years.

Feel sorry for the kids who will have to look back at the videos of amir liaqut who said he woyld be leaving soon.

But why did she release that video? He wasn’t on course to a dramatic exit from this world before that video

In one of his most recent interviews on Captial TV, he said that he's leaving Pakistan for good. So I knew either he's overdosed or something more malicious. Anyway, fee speculation would come out in the next few weeks days. Allah knows the best.
He had money and fame but couldn't digest all of that in the last few years. May Allah grant him Jannah Ameen.

After those naked videos,he was mentally disturbed and claimed, she leaked his naked videos while they were in Nikah.
She is responsible for his death.

But why did she release that video? He wasn’t on course to a dramatic exit from this world before that video

He has sadly suffered from severe psychological issues for a long time and had several deep issues.

Sadly, his behaviour was enabled by Pakistani society. Someone with issues such as his shoulf have recieved help a long time ago, instead he was rewarded with TV shows, political tickets etc.

It's a sad indictment for Pakistan that someone like him got so far based on fake degrees and fakery. But its a credit to his smooth ways and tenacity that he blagged his way to the top and stayed there for so long.

But It's never nice to see someone pass away so young and none of us are saints.

May Allah swt forgive him and grant him high place in Jannat.

He has sadly suffered from severe psychological issues for a long time and had several deep issues.

Sadly, his behaviour was enabled by Pakistani society. Someone with issues such as his shoulf have recieved help a long time ago, instead he was rewarded with TV shows, political tickets etc.

hit the nail on the head.

it was obvious to a lot of people there was something not right with him. but he's gone now, so no point speculating.

It's a sad indictment for Pakistan that someone like him got so far based on fake degrees and fakery. But its a credit to his smooth ways and tenacity that he blagged his way to the top and stayed there for so long.

But It's never nice to see someone pass away so young and none of us are saints.

May Allah swt forgive him and grant him high place in Jannat.

Regardless of his MH issues, why did the woman leak such a disgusting private video of her and her husband? What did she hope to gain from it?

Regardless of his MH issues, why did the woman leak such a disgusting private video of her and her husband? What did she hope to gain from it?

Like i said, in context to that situation she wasnt wrong. She showed the world amir's hypocrisy where he was doing drugs and all. This guy used to host islamic shows.

His third wife did nothing wrong and its already been discussed at lengths in the other aamir liaqut thread.

This is so sad!!!

No matter how good or bad we are, mental health still effects us all equally and this should really be respected.

The social media needs to be regulated as it will only be the cause of more tragic incidents.

Like i said, in context to that situation she wasnt wrong. She showed the world amir's hypocrisy where he was doing drugs and all. This guy used to host islamic shows.

His third wife did nothing wrong and its already been discussed at lengths in the other aamir liaqut thread.

But she did it out of nobility and duty to faith or out of Malice?

She is a murderer and you are supporting a murderer,you are also part of the problem.

She is a murderer and you are supporting a murderer,you are also part of the problem.

No she did not murder anyone.

Atleast do bother to follow the news. The guy died from generator smoke.

He’s trying to make it out as if this is a noble, pious woman who did a service to Islam by exposing him. It was all fun and humour to her as long as he was treating her the way she liked

But she did it out of nobility and duty to faith or out of Malice?

She can do it for any purpose she wants.

You are just trying to put the blame on her for no reason.

Amir liaqut had turned himself into a joke and one of his wives was eventually gonna do this. He divorced an educated women, left her.

He kept on remidning her the things he gave as if they were an ehsaan to them. He publically counted the things. He did the same with Dania.

If a person has three divorves, than obviously there is something wrong in that person.

Anyways, this death has nothing to do with his ex wife.. and stopp draggin her into this

This is so sad!!!

No matter how good or bad we are, mental health still effects us all equally and this should really be respected.

The social media needs to be regulated as it will only be the cause of more tragic incidents.

Nope.

How is this social medias fault?

A guy decides to crawl on the tv studio stage, makes weird uff noises, acts like a man child on national tv, obviously people will make fun and give comments.

There is no need to regulate social media. Its upon the people to not broadcast themselves ridiculously.

His death is sad and happened at the worst time when he was at his lowest in terms of reputation.

But dont go on blaming social media.

She can do it for any purpose she wants.

You are just trying to put the blame on her for no reason.

Amir liaqut had turned himself into a joke and one of his wives was eventually gonna do this. He divorced an educated women, left her.

He kept on remidning her the things he gave as if they were an ehsaan to them. He publically counted the things. He did the same with Dania.

If a person has three divorves, than obviously there is something wrong in that person.

Anyways, this death has nothing to do with his ex wife.. and stopp draggin her into this

Read your statements,

“If a person has three wives, there is something wrong with them”. Like, what??

She can leak videos for any purpose she wants…ok well she should be proud of her actions because it has caused a man to die, possibly wrecked many other lives in the process.

He’s trying to make it out as if this is a noble, pious woman who did a service to Islam by exposing him. It was all fun and humour to her as long as he was treating her the way she liked

You are not even understanding the context. You are linking one thing to another just for the sake of it.

This is like me saying that amir liaqut got depressed because of the way pti treated him which resulted in his death.

You have to understand the context behind those things.

His death was sad, but it was his own actions in all cases. He was not a victim of anything.

Read your statements,

“If a person has three wives, there is something wrong with them”. Like, what??

She can leak videos for any purpose she wants…ok well she should be proud of her actions because it has caused a man to die, possibly wrecked many other lives in the process.

You again misread my statement. I ddint say three wives but three divorces.

She did not cause his death, it was his own actions that caused his reputation go down the drain.

I will rest my case as you are gonna stay rigid to what you believe in, beit amir liaqut or rizwan

You are not even understanding the context. You are linking one thing to another just for the sake of it.

This is like me saying that amir liaqut got depressed because of the way pti treated him which resulted in his death.

You have to understand the context behind those things.

His death was sad, but it was his own actions in all cases. He was not a victim of anything.

I am simply asking why would the woman release such a vile video of him? Do you think this man isn’t used to hate, professional humiliation? Or is he also used to intentional embarrassment because of his nude images becoming the laugh of the town?

I am simply asking why would the woman release such a vile video of him? Do you think this man isn’t used to hate, professional humiliation? Or is he also used to intentional embarrassment because of his nude images becoming the laugh of the town?

Google, pakpassion amir liaqut, you will find the thread in which this topic has been discussed.

You reap what you sow. He dangled his feet way too much in the water and the sharks got to him this time around. In what state did he die or what was in his heart around that time is between him and Allah and we shouldn't make fun of his death.

Of everyone involved in this fiasco, his children and his first wife are the only 3 people I feel sympathy for. His other 2 marriages felt out of spite and jealousy just to show he could do it. I have no sympathy whatsoever for his 2nd and 3rd wives cause they knew well before the kind of character Amir possessed yet they still pursued it for cheap fame and money probably.

Google, pakpassion amir liaqut, you will find the thread in which this topic has been discussed.
You can also google, where whole Pakistan is mocking "You have a very small weapon" after she leaked naked videos while they were in Nikah. She crossed limits according to Pakistani as well as Western standards.

Some people you feel no sympathies for even in death- he was one of them. He was a fully grown man responsible for his own actions - no use to blame the kids he married. As i see it, some potential teenager who would have been Wife no. 4 just got saved!

You can also google, where whole Pakistan is mocking "You have a very small weapon" after she leaked naked videos while they were in Nikah. She crossed limits according to Pakistani as well as Western standards.

She did a great job. Apprently he made her sleeo with other men. That was her allegation on him

May Allah Grant Him Jannah and forgive him for his sins, and give patience to his friends and family.

Regardless of what he did, or did not do, he is no longer in this Duniya, he is with Allah now, I would request do try to mention good things, and pray for him. I am not personally a fan of his, but at the end of the day we are all brothers and sisters, and when one of us goes away, we should say good things, and pray for the person who is gone, and for their family.

Woke up and found out the news, very shocked indeed.

Tweeted yesterday:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just spoke to <a href="https://twitter.com/AamirLiaquat?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AamirLiaquat</a> who confirms that he has left <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Pakistan?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Pakistan</a> and is moving to an unknown place after performing Umrah. <br><br>Best wishes and prayers for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AamirLiaquat?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AamirLiaquat</a>'s good health and well being. <a href="https://t.co/Nb4wpCzwY9">pic.twitter.com/Nb4wpCzwY9</a></p>— Hamza Azhar Salam (@HamzaAzhrSalam) <a href="https://twitter.com/HamzaAzhrSalam/status/1534526449805250560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 8, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

She was lying, just like Amber Heared lied to gain sympathy :)

Amir liaqut ended up tweeting a pic of her with a boy sitting in a indecent way...

Amir liaqut himself proved what she was alleging.

Stop trying to make every case a johnny dep vs amber heard.

Some people you feel no sympathies for even in death- he was one of them. He was a fully grown man responsible for his own actions - no use to blame the kids he married. As i see it, some potential teenager who would have been Wife no. 4 just got saved!

This guy couldn't stop laughing after taking a call on his show from a woman who had asked if it was okay for a female to take their own life (to protect their honour/shame) if someone was about to rape them. It's on Youtube for everyone to see.

When he got exposed for it, he denied his involvement and claimed it was fake. If he had apologised for it, we could move on but his track record speaks for itself. You can't be religious in front of the camera in order to chase fame and following and then live a double life outside it.

He was also known for making vile comments and promoting hate against Ahmedis. He invited a scholar on his show who said they deserve to be killed. Within the next 48 hours, 2 x prominent Ahmedis were killed.

Allah (SWT) is the most just.

I agree with you, perhaps wife 4 and possibly many others have been saved.

Last edited:
I don't really like speaking ill of the deceased especially muslims may Allah swt forgive him .

But if anyone who has followed liaqat over the years will know he was a proper charlatan and idiot .

I wouldn't be surprised if he died from a drugs overdose or maybe even commited suicide.

People will always defend the dead, as if death whitewashes your past. He was a vile human being and there will be less chaos and drama now.

Anyway, there is no point in talking about him now.

His last years were nothing but pure embarassement.

He ruined his reputation himself and never ever tried to change his image for his own good.

The man was at the centre of a new controversy everytime he came on TV, and his last 2 marriages totally destroyed his reputation and mental health as well.

Not a great character for someone who used to host Ramzan programs. An idiot who completely lost it before his unfortunate death.

People will always defend the dead, as if death whitewashes your past. He was a vile human being and there will be less chaos and drama now.

Anyway, there is no point in talking about him now.

Speaking of vile human, i know a few (alive of course) whom you actively and proudly support on this forum.

Inna lillahay wa inna elehay Rajeyoon.

May Allah make it easy for him in the hereafter, and provide sabar to his family and loved ones. Ameen

There is a hsdeeth that prohibits defaming a dead person.

Inna lillahi wa inna illahi rajioon

Now his court is in session in front of the highest Judge, you lot do not have to be prosecutor or defendant. His deeds and sins will take that responsibility.

This guy couldn't stop laughing after taking a call on his show from a woman who had asked if it was okay for a female to take their own life (to protect their honour/shame) if someone was about to rape them. It's on Youtube for everyone to see.

When he got exposed for it, he denied his involvement and claimed it was fake. If he had apologised for it, we could move on but his track record speaks for itself. You can't be religious in front of the camera in order to chase fame and following and then live a double life outside it.

He was also known for making vile comments and promoting hate against Ahmedis. He invited a scholar on his show who said they deserve to be killed. Within the next 48 hours, 2 x prominent Ahmedis were killed.

Allah (SWT) is the most just.

I agree with you, perhaps wife 4 and possibly many others have been saved.

100%.

I am not surprised it happened. And I don't feel any sympathy at all.

I remember that phone call and saw it happen

Inna lillahi wainna ilaihi rajioon..surprised by the replies in this thread. No humanity left in us 😢 💔 remember the good he did 🙏

Am I the only one here who thinks the world is better off without him?

Whats with this deep cultural need to just not call it as it is and as soon as someone passes, we start using diplomatic words to describe them "Banda jaisa bhi tha.....", "ab guzrey huey ko kia kehna".. "Allah ussko maaf karey" etc etc.

Lets call it as it is. The dude was a vile human being who used religion to make money, lied about his qualifications to move ahead in the world, and lied about being a religious scholar, in fact, therefore, he probably misguided and gave wrong advice to a lot of people, married and divorced women like he was changing cars, was often found using disgusting language, and is known to be a drug addict... I am not even go into some of the other stuff he is accused of, because some of it is not proven.

He was not a good person and if he did perform good deeds, I am sure he will achieve retribution.

What was the deal of him feeding mangoes to guests on his show?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Saddened to learn of the passing of our MNA Aamir Liaquat. My condolences and prayers go to his family.</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1534918010754027520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 9, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dania Shah, the third wife of popular TV personality Aamir Liaquat Hussain, who passed away on Thursday, has taken to social media and spoke about his untimely demise.

Hussain passed away on Thursday at his residence in Karachi. Reportedly, the Karachi-based politician and televangelist was found unconscious at his house and was rushed to a hospital in the provincial capital.

Hussain, in February, had announced his third marriage to the teenager. Shah, in May, had filed for divorce from Hussain, she revealed in a video. Shah shared that she had approached the court to carry out the legal procedure.

Taking to Instagram, Shah shared, "May Allah forgive Aamir and grant his soul the highest place in Jannah. Ameen"

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon.

May Allah SWT forgive his sins and grant him place in Jannat.

Inna lillahi wa inna illahi rajioon

Now his court is in session in front of the highest Judge, you lot do not have to be prosecutor or defendant. His deeds and sins will take that responsibility.

This.

Frequent Drug use especially Cocaine destroys your natural immunity system. Would not be surprised if he OD'd or died of a heart attack. Feel bad for his first wife and kids. They were the only ones to rush to the hospital when they found out.

Cocaine is a rich man's drug and an expensive habit , it's loved by the elites in society even across the west surprised this drug is used in pakistan

Whats with this deep cultural need to just not call it as it is and as soon as someone passes, we start using diplomatic words to describe them "Banda jaisa bhi tha.....", "ab guzrey huey ko kia kehna".. "Allah ussko maaf karey" etc etc.

Lets call it as it is. The dude was a vile human being who used religion to make money, lied about his qualifications to move ahead in the world, and lied about being a religious scholar, in fact, therefore, he probably misguided and gave wrong advice to a lot of people, married and divorced women like he was changing cars, was often found using disgusting language, and is known to be a drug addict... I am not even go into some of the other stuff he is accused of, because some of it is not proven.

He was not a good person and if he did perform good deeds, I am sure he will achieve retribution.

No we say this because when a person has died he cant rectify the wrong he has done. He juet cant come back from it.

When a person is alive, atleast he has that chance.

We all know his actions, and we know about gods punishment in islam, which makes many of us feel bad why he did what he did.

My issue is with posters here blaming his wife and showing amir liaqut as being the victim when the guy was never a victim of anything.

Many of us knew this was eventually gonna happen.

Some people have a religious based guidance that they tend to follow, and I think we should respect their expression.

Aisha reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do not abuse the dead, for they have reached what they put forward.”

In another narration, the Prophet said, “When your companion dies, leave him alone without speaking badly about him.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 1329

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Bukhari

عَنْ عَائِشَةَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهَا قَالَتْ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ لَا تَسُبُّوا الْأَمْوَاتَ فَإِنَّهُمْ قَدْ أَفْضَوْا إِلَى مَا قَدَّمُوا

في رواية أبي داود قال إِذَا مَاتَ صَاحِبُكُمْ فَدَعُوهُ لاَ تَقَعُوا فِيهِ

1329 صحيح البخاري كتاب الجنائز باب ما ينهى من سب الأموا

Cocaine is a rich man's drug and an expensive habit , it's loved by the elites in society even across the west surprised this drug is used in pakistan

It costs people around 15-25 k for a small pouch to sniff but you will be surprised to see numerous individuals, youth who are into this stuff in a poor country like Pakistan.

Natural causes?

Or something else?

Some people have a religious based guidance that they tend to follow, and I think we should respect their expression.

Aisha reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do not abuse the dead, for they have reached what they put forward.”

In another narration, the Prophet said, “When your companion dies, leave him alone without speaking badly about him.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 1329

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Bukhari

عَنْ عَائِشَةَ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهَا قَالَتْ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ لَا تَسُبُّوا الْأَمْوَاتَ فَإِنَّهُمْ قَدْ أَفْضَوْا إِلَى مَا قَدَّمُوا

في رواية أبي داود قال إِذَا مَاتَ صَاحِبُكُمْ فَدَعُوهُ لاَ تَقَعُوا فِيهِ

1329 صحيح البخاري كتاب الجنائز باب ما ينهى من سب الأموا

Well to each his own. I just dont agree with the philosophy. Can we remember Hitler, Bin Laden, Modi, Pol Pots, Aung Suu Kyi, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc in the same way?
Can we just say "Allah Jannat mein jaga de, inki maghfirat karey, banda buhat acha tha bus tora bhatka hua tha" etc?

Last edited:
I know Amir Liaqat was not as vile and evil as the people I mentioned, but still very disgusting nonetheless.

Well to each his own. I just dont agree with the philosophy. Can we remember Hitler, Bin Laden, Modi, Pol Pots, Aung Suu Kyi, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc in the same way?
Can we just say "Allah Jannat mein jaga de, inki maghfirat karey, banda buhat acha tha bus tora bhatka hua tha" etc?

I agree. Even though I agree with Sahih Hadith, general guidance shouldn't be applied for everyone. Otherwise, I guess we should refrain from saying anything "bad" about Yazid.

Make no mistake Amir Liaquat was an extremist himself. Not on the same level as Yazid and the names you've mentioned but still vile.

Last edited:
Abusing the dead is saying things " I hope he rots in hell"

Mentioning that they weren't good people isn't abuse.

In fact its necessary to mention their misdeeds so it serves as a lesson for the rest of us that death is round the corner and if we have the opportunity, to try to turn your life around.

I agree. Even though I agree with Sahih Hadith, general guidance shouldn't be applied for everyone. Otherwise, I guess we should refrain from saying anything "bad" about Yazid.

Make no mistake Amir Liaquat was an extremist himself. Not on the same level as Yazid and the names you've mentioned but still vile.

Agreed

In fact its necessary to mention their misdeeds so it serves as a lesson for the rest of us that death is round the corner and if we have the opportunity, to try to turn your life around.

Excellent! and yes, thats kind of what I am trying to say as well.

Will the media/authorities even reveal the real cause or just try to spin a story around it?

Autopsy hasnt been done yet i suppose. They should do it and reveal it or else it would be speculated. I think the police has also said get autopsy done. I am not sure but in pakistani law i think final say on autopsy is maybe with family

KARACHI: Member of National Assembly (MNA) and famous television host Aamir Liaquat will be buried alongside the mausoleum of his parents on the premises of the shrine of Hazrat Abdullah Shah Ghazi, ARY News reported on Thursday.

According to details, the preparation of Aamir Liaquat’s grave started in the tomb next to the graves of his father Sheikh Liaquat Hussain and mother Mehmooda Sultana.

MPA Jamal Siddiqui has confirmed that the funeral prayers of Aamir Liaquat will be offered tomorrow after Friday prayers.

“Funeral prayers will be offered near the shrine of Abdullah Shah Ghazi,” Jamal Siddiqui said, adding that Aamir Liaquat’s son will reach Karachi tomorrow at 11 am.

Earlier in the day, Aamir Liaquat Hussain passed away at his residence in Karachi. He was found unconscious at his home in Khudad Colony and shifted to a private hospital in critical condition.

According to police, Liaquat’s condition deteriorated early morning after which the TV host was moved to a private hospital, where he was later declared dead.

Born in July 1971, Hussain was first elected as the Member of the National Assembly of Pakistan in 2002 general election on the ticket of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement from the NA-249 constituency and was appointed as Minister of State for Religious Affairs

Hussain was the minister of state for Religious Affairs until July 2007, when his party asked him to resign from his position, and from his seat as a member of the National Assembly. Later in 2008, he was expelled from MQM.

ARY

It's your call on both counts.

You can and cannot say, "Allah Jannat mein jaga de, inki maghfirat karey, banda buhat acha tha bus tora bhatka hua tha" etc" for Hitler Bin Ladin etc.
It's your choice.

But what one is not recommended with, is to defame the deceased.

Perhaps it's better to stay quite if one doesn't have good words to remember them?

And again, as you said, each to it's own.

We are all free to make our choices. And in my opinion, we should make wise choices, because in the end, we will be responsible for our choices.

Rest in peace and condolences to his family.

The police officer said Hussain's condition deteriorated early in the morning after which he was taken to the Aga Khan University Hospital, where he was later declared dead.

He added that preliminary reports showed no foul play, however, a post-mortem examination of the politician would be conducted at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC). Later in the day, it emerged that Hussain's family had refused to allow a post-mortem examination.

DAWN

He was a strange man always involved in controversial issues. One can't understand why he married so frequently. My own guess is he had mental problems that were never diagnosed. Stranger still is how certain people die after being in the news as was also the case with Om Puri. I am eagerly awaiting the post mortem results. His claim to leave Pakistan was another publicity gimmick.

The police officer said Hussain's condition deteriorated early in the morning after which he was taken to the Aga Khan University Hospital, where he was later declared dead.

He added that preliminary reports showed no foul play, however, a post-mortem examination of the politician would be conducted at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC). Later in the day, it emerged that Hussain's family had refused to allow a post-mortem examination.

DAWN

Looks like the family definitively knows how he died. ODed or suicide, anyone?

Looks like the family definitively knows how he died. ODed or suicide, anyone?

and now this....

==

Police officials, including the senior superintendent of police (SSP) East and station house officer (SHO) reached Brigade City Court on Friday in an effort to seize authority over Aamir Liaquat's mortal remains for the conduction of an autopsy.

Police are likely to file a petition seeking court orders for extradition. Police surgeon Dr Samia also reached the court.

They maintained that an autopsy was mandatory under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure - which ordains the "police to enquire and report on suicide" or death "under circumstances raising a reasonable suspicion".

However, the relevant court was closed due to Friday prayers and the judicial staff had also left the court.

The televangelist's ex-wife and children reached the city court as well to seek a court order to allow Aamir's burial. The police said the only way they'll allow for the burial to take place is if the family gets a court order.

'Autopsy necessary'

Earlier today, police officials decided to stop the burial of politician and entertainer Aamir Liaquat, demanding the completion of an autopsy.

The televangelist was found unconscious in a locked room at his Karachi residence yesterday and passed away soon after.

Police personnel stated that it was important to know the cause of death and asked the administration at the cold storage to hand over his body to the Brigade police station.

Police officials directed that Aamir's mortal remains should not be handed over to anyone other than the police station and that legal action will be taken if the body was handed over to anyone else.

They also reached the storage room and tried to convince Aamir’s son to agree to the autopsy.

Aamir Liaquat’s family, however, denied the autopsy.

Preparations for his burial were underway as the funeral prayers were scheduled for 2pm at the premises of Abdullah Shah Ghazi’s mausoleum.

Syeda Bushra, the first wife of Aamir Liaquat took to social media and spoke about her former husband's untimely demise.

"My former husband Aamir Liaquat Hussain has passed away. His funeral prayer will be offered today after Friday prayer at 2pm at Jama Masjid Abdullah Shah Ghazi in Clifton and he will also be buried in the premises of the shrine," she wrote on Instagram last night.

However, the police's demand for an autopsy has delayed the burial.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/236090...-to-stop-aamir-liaquats-burial-before-autopsy

The family of Aamir Liaquat Hussain’s third wife, Dania Shah, wanted to attend the last rites of the deceased televangelist, as his mother-in-law has requested the government for security. Now, Dania appealed to the Governor and Cheif Minister Punjab that she should be provided with security so she can see Aamir for the last time.

"I came to know through the media that my husband had passed away," she shared. "I want to request to the Governor and Chief Minister Punjab that I should be allowed to see him for the last time. I want to go to him. I should be provided with security so I can go see him." She then added, "We had reconciled, I didn't know he would leave me like this."

The family of Aamir Liaquat Hussain’s third wife, Dania Shah, wanted to attend the last rites of the deceased televangelist, as his mother-in-law has requested the government for security. Now, Dania appealed to the Governor and Cheif Minister Punjab that she should be provided with security so she can see Aamir for the last time.

"I came to know through the media that my husband had passed away," she shared. "I want to request to the Governor and Chief Minister Punjab that I should be allowed to see him for the last time. I want to go to him. I should be provided with security so I can go see him." She then added, "We had reconciled, I didn't know he would leave me like this."

Gold digger!

She will be held accountable for her mischief.

A Karachi police spokesperson said in a statement on Friday that deceased lawmaker and television personality Aamir Liaquat's body had been handed over to his family after a preliminary examination and submission of a report by the police surgeon.

The development comes after an hours-long impasse between police and Hussain's family on the matter of the MNA's autopsy following his death on Thursday. While police sought to conduct the body's autopsy, which was necessary to ascertain the cause of his death, his family had refused to have a post-morterm examination.

Subsequently, the matter was referred to a judicial magistrate in Karachi.

According to a police statement, the judicial magistrate visited the Chhipa morgue, where Hussain's body was kept, after his family appeared before the court and allowed for the body to be handed over to the heirs.

Speaking to the media, Ramzan Chippa, who heads the Chhipa Welfare Association, also confirmed the development, saying that Hussain's funeral would be held after Asr prayers and he would be buried at the graveyard at Abdullah Shah Ghazi's shrine.

Family appears before court

Earlier today, Hussain's family had appeared before a judicial magistrate at the City Court in Karachi.

According to a statement issued by a Karachi police spokesperson at the time, the matter was referred to the court under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. The Section empowers a magistrate to order an inquest (an investigation, especially in cases of death).

After the family appeared before the magistrate, their lawyer, Advocate Khursheed Khan, said the police surgeon had told the court he had not "examined it (Hussain's body) externally".

The police surgeon "will now go and examine it", he told Dawn.com.

Family refuses autopsy

On Thursday, Police Surgeon Dr Summaiya Syed had told Dawn Hussain's body was brought to the Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Centre’s emergency ward around 3pm that day, and he was declared dead on arrival. While the body was shifted to the mortuary for completion of medico-legal formalities, the family refused to have an autopsy conducted, she said.

Aamir's former wife, Bushra Iqbal, with whom he had two children, had also confirmed that his "heirs, Ahmad Aamir and Dua Aamir, had refused his post-mortem.

"According to their wishes, the deceased will be taken to his last place of rest with respect," she had said in a post on Instagram.

Iqbal had added that Hussain would be buried at the graveyard at Abdullah Shah Ghazi's shrine and his funeral prayers was to be held at 2pm today.

The funeral, however, had not been held at the said time as his body remained at the morgue amid an impasse between police and his family over the autopsy.

Police's note to morgue in-charge

Meanwhile, police had asked the in-charge of the Chhipa morgue not to hand over the body of deceased lawmaker Aamir Liaquat Hussain to "anyone" but the staff of Brigade police station and warned of "legal action" otherwise.

In a note that bears the stamp of Brigade police and addressed to the in-charge of Chhipa morgue, police said Hussain's body was to be handed over only to police personnel.

The handwritten note dated June 9, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com, stated that "a body named Aamir Liaquat Hussain, son of Liaquat Hussain, has been kept in your morgue as an amanat. So staff from Brigade police station will take the body. The body is not to be handed over to anyone else, or else legal action will be taken".

Aamir Liaquat's death

Hussain, 50, passed away at his house in Karachi's Khudadad Colony on Thursday.

Police had told Dawn that according to his domestic staff, he was not feeling well on Wednesday night, but did not go for a medical checkup. His health deteriorated in the morning, when he was taken to the Aga Khan Univ*er*sity Hospital, where he was pronounced as dead.

Police said Hussain’s residence had been sealed for further investigation after a crime scene unit examined the house and collected evidence.

Separately Karachi East Zone DIG Muquddus Haider had told Dawn that there appeared to be no injury marks on his body.

DAWN

Perfectly said.

Popular television host and politician Aamir Liaquat Hussain, who passed away on Thursday at his residence in Karachi, has been laid to rest in the compound of revered Sufi saint Abdullah Shah Ghazi’s shrine.

His funeral prayer was offered after Asar prayers at Jamia Masjid Ghazi in the city’s Clifton neighbourhood. A large number of people belonging to all walks of life including prominent politicians Imran Ismail, Farooq Sattar among others attended his funeral.

The deceased televangelist had booked a grave for himself during his lifetime on the compound of the shrine of Abdullah Shah Ghazi.

Aamir's parents, his first mother-in-law and popular naat-khawan Khurshid sahib are buried in four of the graves. He wished to be buried next to his parents in the same cemetery, according to his will.

Hussain – who was also a PTI MNA from a Karachi constituency – was found unconscious at his house situated in Khudadad Colony of the metropolis, according to his servant Javaid.

The 50-year-old was rushed to a hospital where he could not be resuscitated and was pronounced dead.

The body of famous TV host was handed over to his family members on Friday for burial on the orders of judicial magistrate post-mortem examination.

The police officials had maintained that an autopsy was mandatory under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure – which ordains the "police to enquire and report on suicide" or death "under circumstances raising a reasonable suspicion".

Express Tribune

A Karachi police spokesperson said in a statement on Friday that deceased lawmaker and television personality Aamir Liaquat's body had been handed over to his family after a preliminary examination and submission of a report by the police surgeon.

The development comes after an hours-long impasse between police and Hussain's family on the matter of the MNA's autopsy following his death on Thursday. While police sought to conduct the body's autopsy, which was necessary to ascertain the cause of his death, his family had refused to have a post-morterm examination.

Subsequently, the matter was referred to a judicial magistrate in Karachi.

According to a police statement, the judicial magistrate visited the Chhipa morgue, where Hussain's body was kept, after his family appeared before the court and allowed for the body to be handed over to the heirs.

Speaking to the media, Ramzan Chippa, who heads the Chhipa Welfare Association, also confirmed the development, saying that Hussain's funeral would be held after Asr prayers and he would be buried at the graveyard at Abdullah Shah Ghazi's shrine.

Family appears before court

Earlier today, Hussain's family had appeared before a judicial magistrate at the City Court in Karachi.

According to a statement issued by a Karachi police spokesperson at the time, the matter was referred to the court under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. The Section empowers a magistrate to order an inquest (an investigation, especially in cases of death).

After the family appeared before the magistrate, their lawyer, Advocate Khursheed Khan, said the police surgeon had told the court he had not "examined it (Hussain's body) externally".

The police surgeon "will now go and examine it", he told Dawn.com.

Family refuses autopsy

On Thursday, Police Surgeon Dr Summaiya Syed had told Dawn Hussain's body was brought to the Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Centre’s emergency ward around 3pm that day, and he was declared dead on arrival. While the body was shifted to the mortuary for completion of medico-legal formalities, the family refused to have an autopsy conducted, she said.

Aamir's former wife, Bushra Iqbal, with whom he had two children, had also confirmed that his "heirs, Ahmad Aamir and Dua Aamir, had refused his post-mortem.

"According to their wishes, the deceased will be taken to his last place of rest with respect," she had said in a post on Instagram.

Iqbal had added that Hussain would be buried at the graveyard at Abdullah Shah Ghazi's shrine and his funeral prayers was to be held at 2pm today.

The funeral, however, had not been held at the said time as his body remained at the morgue amid an impasse between police and his family over the autopsy.

Police's note to morgue in-charge

Meanwhile, police had asked the in-charge of the Chhipa morgue not to hand over the body of deceased lawmaker Aamir Liaquat Hussain to "anyone" but the staff of Brigade police station and warned of "legal action" otherwise.

In a note that bears the stamp of Brigade police and addressed to the in-charge of Chhipa morgue, police said Hussain's body was to be handed over only to police personnel.

The handwritten note dated June 9, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com, stated that "a body named Aamir Liaquat Hussain, son of Liaquat Hussain, has been kept in your morgue as an amanat. So staff from Brigade police station will take the body. The body is not to be handed over to anyone else, or else legal action will be taken".

Aamir Liaquat's death

Hussain, 50, passed away at his house in Karachi's Khudadad Colony on Thursday.

Police had told Dawn that according to his domestic staff, he was not feeling well on Wednesday night, but did not go for a medical checkup. His health deteriorated in the morning, when he was taken to the Aga Khan Univ*er*sity Hospital, where he was pronounced as dead.

Police said Hussain’s residence had been sealed for further investigation after a crime scene unit examined the house and collected evidence.

Separately Karachi East Zone DIG Muquddus Haider had told Dawn that there appeared to be no injury marks on his body.

DAWN

How is this even allowed? So the police cannot do their job in making sure that the man wasn’t killed, poisoned or any other forms of foul play because his family won’t allow an autopsy?

Ridiculous really!

How is this even allowed? So the police cannot do their job in making sure that the man wasn’t killed, poisoned or any other forms of foul play because his family won’t allow an autopsy?

Ridiculous really!

This is Pakistan for you!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You will be missed <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/amirliaquathussain?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#amirliaquathussain</a> bhai &#55357;&#56468;&#55357;&#56468;</p>— Sarfaraz Ahmed (@SarfarazA_54) <a href="https://twitter.com/SarfarazA_54/status/1535288107469258752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 10, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back