[EXCLUSIVE] "I am ready to serve Pakistan again": Mohsin Khan

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Unlocking the Cricketing Mind: Dive deep into the world of cricket with our exclusive interview featuring renowned cricketer and former Pakistan head coach, Mohsin Khan!

Join us as Mohsin in an interview with Saj for PakPassion shares his insights on the prospect of serving Pakistan once more, the challenges of tainted players rising through the ranks, and much more.

Gain invaluable perspectives from a cricketing icon as we explore the nuances and dilemmas within the sport.

Don't miss out on this compelling conversation with Saj that goes beyond the boundaries!

Our players dont have attitude to win. Just watched ILT20 match yesterday, where shadab and shaheen batted for 4 overs and they lost a match as they failed to score at 10 rpo which is not that big ask against club level bowlers

Our players dont have attitude to win. Just watched ILT20 match yesterday, where shadab and shaheen batted for 4 overs and they lost a match as they failed to score at 10 rpo which is not that big ask against club level bowlers
The word is not attitude. The word is skill.

He's spot on regarding nepotism.

Sadly nepotism and Pakistan cricket has gone hand in hand for too long.

It doesn't matter who is the Chairman, he brings in his people in the Board, as selectors, as key officials in the PCB and players who don't deserve to be picked.

I respect his stance about refusing to be part of the administration while fixers were playing. He would be well suited for a role I think, but with the PCB in tatters, he will never be given a long enough role to effect any possitive change.

He'll come in and do exactly that by bringing in his own people.

He just wants to stick a claim in as he's been out of work for quite sometime as he perhaps hasn't been getting any gigs on news channels too during WC or other series.

MK might as well put his name in and get some money rolling in again.

Mohsin Khan was a decent coach he didn't apply any fancy methods to grab the limelight but still achieved positive results for the team. I would love to see him back in a certain role with the PCB.

Please - just NO! Can we try somebody new who has not had a go at this before.

We did well under his tenure but that was just coincidence. He has way too high an opinion of himself.

Mohsin's biggest skill was his ability to unite the players and get on with them.

Players who I have spoken with who played under Mohsin have said that he got a lot of respect from the players as he gave the players respect and valued them.

Pakistan cricket needs an overhaul in the way Chairmen are picked and what their background is.

You need honest, cricket people running the sport - sadly they are rare.

🔴 2,709 runs in 48 Tests
⚪ 1,877 runs in 75 ODIs
💯 Nine international centuries
🧢 Served as Pakistan head coach and chief selector

Happy birthday Mohsin Khan 🎂

I personally believe MHK is a good coach. If i had to pick anyone local, it would be him.

Should've asked him about his choice of films he did in Bollywood and also his choice of marrying Reena Roy of all people.

Also why he chose to give his cricket career away for Bollywood.

He's now way too old at 70 to become a coach again as he isn't going to be doing good now while he wasn't even back in 2011 when he was either.

I never knew the fact that he worked in the movies too. But I think it is too late for him to get back in the coaching setup of Pakistan.

Pakistan cricket needs an overhaul in the way Chairmen are picked and what their background is.

You need honest, cricket people running the sport - sadly they are rare.
No,we need more guys that serve the interests of the company and do as they are told by the company. Throw in a murder or 2 and you have a PCB chairman

During a program on a local TV channel, former Pakistan coach Mohsin Khan said:

"These individuals [Ramiz Raja and Waqar Younis] used to be in the commentary box and when I was head coach Alhamdulillah the Pakistan team started to rise."

"Before the match, during practice, I noticed they were talking to the boys. One day, 1-2 boys told me they were misleading them, Telling them not to do this, but rather to do that, so that the team's performance gets worse."

"They are such shameless people, Ramiz and Waqar and the whole gang. Ramiz and Waqar, what are they, what am I, I am zero if I don't think about the betterment of my country. Curse upon me if I think about the downfall of my country."

"They were misleading the boys like this. I strictly prohibited the players from listening to them. They used to misguide boys, so they wouldn't perform well, thus causing the team to start losing."

During a program on a local TV channel, former Pakistan coach Mohsin Khan said:

"These individuals [Ramiz Raja and Waqar Younis] used to be in the commentary box and when I was head coach Alhamdulillah the Pakistan team started to rise."

"Before the match, during practice, I noticed they were talking to the boys. One day, 1-2 boys told me they were misleading them, Telling them not to do this, but rather to do that, so that the team's performance gets worse."

"They are such shameless people, Ramiz and Waqar and the whole gang. Ramiz and Waqar, what are they, what am I, I am zero if I don't think about the betterment of my country. Curse upon me if I think about the downfall of my country."

"They were misleading the boys like this. I strictly prohibited the players from listening to them. They used to misguide boys, so they wouldn't perform well, thus causing the team to start losing."
Please God get this man to lead us and fix us.

Enough of waqar, ramiz

Please God get this man to lead us and fix us.

Enough of waqar, ramiz
What he meant to say was Ramiz and Waqar would tell them to do things that were against his instructions to those players. I doubt Ramiz and Waqar were telling those players to purposely underperform, but I don’t doubt these two would go an interfere with certain players who they like and tell them to ignore the coaching instructions given to them and do things how they feel right.

This was evident in the 2023 World Cup too. Ramiz would pointlessly linger around Babar Azam and give him his own instructions, whilst probably slagging off the then PCB chairman (Zaka Ashraf) whilst telling Babar whatever he is doing is the best thing possible.

Ramiz has proven to be divisive. There are hundreds of ex and current cricketers that have nothing good to say about Waqar Younis either. Tanvir Ahmed has one of the loudest mouths on TV, he openly stated on TV that Ramiz told Tanvir to leave Karachi region and join Punjab/Lahore if he wants to go far in his career.

Back