[EXCLUSIVE] "I never look for shortcuts": Aamer Jamal

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
From driving a Taxi to donning the national team jersey, Aamer Jamal's journey is a demonstration of patience, perseverance, and unparalleled determination.

After bowling a fascinating last over on his T20I debut against England to win the game for Pakistan, Jamal was dropped from the T20I side but the all-rounder from Mianwali didn't give up.

He continued the grinding process in domestic cricket and was among the toppers of the QeA Trophy that year before he was picked for Peshawar Zalmi. On the recent tour to Australia, Jamal showcased his all-round abilities down under ended up as the second-highest wicket-taker of the series with 18 wickets. The Australian skipper Pat Cummins topped the charts with just one more wicket than Jamal.

PakPassion editor Saj Sadiq got a chance to interact with Jamal as the all-rounder is busy in his County & Vitality Blast commitments for Birmingham Bears. He talked candidly in this short interview and revealed his reaction to the unfortunate loss against USA a few days back. Aamer also talked about his stay in England with Birmingham & the experience of playing County & T20 cricket in the country. Sit back & enjoy this lovely conversation.

Check out the full interview here:

00:00 Cricket Journey and Test Debut
02:37 Preparation and Mindset for Test Cricket
05:30 Playing Under Leadership and Team Dynamics
08:12 Challenges and Resilience
08:48 Dedication to Cricket
09:48 Future Aspirations

I think he has been unfairly discarded after a few matches. He can be a valuable addition in the T20 team after the world cup. He is clearly the best medium pace all rounder currently in Pakistan.

I think we should give him more chances in the white ball teams, a fast bowling all rounder is handy to have in a side and he's certainly a better AR than chacha

He is a good all rounder but still need to polish his skills some bit to become a consistent performer.
I see Australia making Cameron Green. They carry him everyone and are investing heavily.

On the other hand we want genuine pace bowling all rounders without doing anything.

Pace bowling all rounders are the hardest to make. They need plenty of time and right direction to show you results

He is absolutely bowling crap in county circuit at the moment , may be he is not fit or hiding some injury?

He should have been placed in place of Haris Rauf for sure in this world cup. Better bowler, better batsman

He is a good all rounder but still need to polish his skills some bit to become a consistent performer.
he can learn on the job he has shown with his attitude that he should be given a long run but of course we are retarded so we wont do that most likely we will see another comeback of the Akmals, Shoaib Malik and Ahmed Shehzad

Jamal and Wasim Jr to all-rounders with pace both being ignored, does make you wonder

First time I met him and what a lovely guy with a great attitude.

A few superstars who are nowhere to be seen these days can learn from him.

Last edited:
I see Australia making Cameron Green. They carry him everyone and are investing heavily.

On the other hand we want genuine pace bowling all rounders without doing anything.

Pace bowling all rounders are the hardest to make. They need plenty of time and right direction to show you results
Cameron Green is a generational talent who was scoring centuries for fun in the Sheffield Shield. Agree that Pakistan needs to invest in Jamal though, we don’t exactly have someone of Green’s calibre waiting

Lots of fitness issues lately and he's hardly played for Warwickshire.

I hope he doesn't become another injury prone bowler.

Lots of fitness issues lately and he's hardly played for Warwickshire.

I hope he doesn't become another injury prone bowler.
Over rated won’t make it. Always on the cusp of getting taken apart like a lot of the current Pakistan pacers. Age not on his side too

Back