[EXCLUSIVE] "Pakistan played like amateurs against England": Yasir Arafat

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan's T20 World Cup campaign kicks off on 6 June 2024 against the USA. Despite the team's recent struggles, Pakistan has a knack for surprising even its most skeptical critics at the least expected times.

The former Pakistan all-rounder Yasir Arafat joined PakPassion to share his thoughts regarding Pakistan's World Cup preparations, Gary Kirsten's pivotal role in changing team's fortune and also offered some World Cup predictions in an exclusive interaction with Saj:
00:14 - Introduction
01:00 - On Pakistan's T20 World Cup squad
04:02 - On Pakistan's poor form leading into the World Cup
08:43 - Will the conditions in the West Indies suit Pakistan?
11:03 - On Gary Kirsten as Pakistan's white-ball coach
13:14 - T20 World Cup predictions
15:03 - Conclusion

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan's T20 World Cup campaign kicks off on 6 June 2024 against the USA. Despite the team's recent struggles, Pakistan has a knack for surprising even its most skeptical critics at the least expected times.

The former Pakistan all-rounder Yasir Arafat joined PakPassion to share his thoughts regarding Pakistan's World Cup preparations, Gary Kirsten's pivotal role in changing team's fortune and also offered some World Cup predictions in an exclusive interaction with Saj:
00:14 - Introduction
01:00 - On Pakistan's T20 World Cup squad
04:02 - On Pakistan's poor form leading into the World Cup
08:43 - Will the conditions in the West Indies suit Pakistan?
11:03 - On Gary Kirsten as Pakistan's white-ball coach
13:14 - T20 World Cup predictions
15:03 - Conclusion

Haven't seen the interview but my brother who went to the Oval said the same thing that it was like watching a team of professionals (England) play a bunch of amateurs (Pakistan)...not surprised when you have a team full of over the hill and unfit players.

Haven't seen the interview but my brother who went to the Oval said the same thing that it was like watching a team of professionals (England) play a bunch of amateurs (Pakistan)...not surprised when you have a team full of over the hill and unfit players.
But at the same time they are the most unpredictable team in the world too and as Ramiz Raja once said its too hard to catch them in their upward curve. So hopefully these 'amateur' guys seal the big deal at T20 WC 2024 for us.

PCB wasted my on foreign coaches if they selected bunch of parchis or expired players

Naqvi is the main culprit!!! This guy forcefully brought Babar. Wahab is forced to listen Babar because money is too good to refuse. Wahab is doing same like M Wasim.
Nobody will convince me babar is a good captain and knows what he’s doing

We are in an age where Pakistani cricketers are idolized.

It's probably down to social media.

The fact however is that most of them are very mediocre cricketers, but too many fans don't want to hear any criticism of them.

Pakistan played to the best of their abilities. This was the maximum they could do against the mighty England. We can't say that both teams are equally skilled.

Amateur is still a good word, I will say that This current Pakistan team is even worse than a minnow. They are bot paid vacations for a long time no and they don't care about Pakistan anymore.

England was always a better team so no wonders we lost against them 2-0 only because rain washed out 2 games else it would have been 4-0.

West Indies 8 year wait
Australia 1 year wait
England 2 year wait
Srilanka 10 year wait
Pakistan 15 year wait
NZ/SA/BD FOREVER WAIT

AMong these "waits". 3 teams will reset the "wait clock" every now and then. Others will be hoping they don't bump into one of these 3 teams which is quiet impossible. ONe of these 3 teams will ruin your party.

Back