[EXCLUSIVE] "T20 cricket is dangerous for ODI and Test cricket": Asif Iqbal

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Step into the cricketing past with Asif Iqbal! 🎙️

Join us for an exclusive interview where the legendary Pakistan cricketer is interviewed by Saj Sadiq where he shares insights on the evolution of the game, politics depriving fans of an Indo-Pak series and much more.

From the golden era of Test cricket to the changing dynamics of passion and profession, Iqbal's words echo the sentiments of a cricketing era gone by. Don't miss the untold stories and candid opinions!

Oh wow, good to hear Asif Iqbal in health and good spirits. He had some health issues lately.

One of the most articulate ex-Pakistani cricketers.

One of the few gentleman cricketers Pakistan has ever produced. He has seen it all. From the early days of amateur cricket to the beginning of the professional era, County Cricket, Kerry Packer, World Series Cricket, administrating cricket in Sharjah.

It's sad to see that we hadn't utilized his experience and sharp knowledge to better our cricket. Unlike England and Australia we don't give any importance to our former legends. We say these 'buddhas' don't know anything about modern cricket. We prefer taking advices from average cricketers like Shahid Afridi etc.
Despite his old age the late Richie Benaud was revered in Australia and the world over. Many players used to seek his advice because he had seen the game evolve. I'm sure hardly any youngsters in Pakistan know who is Asif Iqbal.

Asif is right. But, it is too late now. T20 virus has already infected world cricket.

T20 is the cricket's equivalent of Coronavirus.

Every few months new T20 leagues popping up, T10 tournaments also.

Who knows, T5 next?

I think there will come a time when only a few nations will actually be playing Test cricket.

If you see Test and ODI cricket are the only games in sports that take so long to get results.

In the busy world nobody has that much time to watch 7 hours of cricket. So in my opinion T20 cricket is helping to keep the charm of cricket else it will slowly become obsolete.

Yep Asif Iqbal is right the proliferation of T20 leagues is just destroying the other formats.

Back