[EXCLUSIVE] "The recent events are not something new in Pakistan Cricket": Kamran Akmal

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
In an exclusive interview with PakPassion, former Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter Kamran Akmal discussed several key topics related to Pakistan Cricket. He highlighted the ongoing instability within the Pakistan Cricket Board administration and its impact on the cricket in Pakistan.

Discussing recent changes in Pakistan cricket, Akmal examined PCB's recent decisions, such as the formation of a new selection committee and Babar Azam's reinstatement as white-ball captain. He also looked into the removal of Shaheen Afridi as T20I captain and its possible effects on his confidence and performance.

Supporting the idea of keeping Babar Azam as captain for the long term, Akmal stressed its importance. He also analyzed Shan Masood's potential and his crucial role in shaping Pakistan's Test cricket future.

Moreover, Akmal evaluated the suitability and potential contributions of renowned coaches Jason Gillespie and Gary Kirsten. He also discussed PCB's new model of having two head coaches for different formats and advocated for the development of local coaching talent in Pakistan.

In conclusion, Akmal discussed the challenges and opportunities faced by Umar Akmal, emphasizing the need for him to effectively utilize his potential.

Watch full interview here:

Last edited:
Kami saying it as it is, especially the like dislike culture also lack of interest in test/odi

Interesting point about Usman Khan - walks away from Pakistan cricket, has a good PSL and suddenly he's flavour of the month and back in the national set-up.

Sooner or later PCB will turn their back on him and Emirates Board will say don't come back here to him.

Kamran raised the valid point that there is also a need to promote our local coaches.

Because, in my opinion, we also need to prepare our coaches so that they can coach teams from other countries.

Kamran raised the valid point that there is also a need to promote our local coaches.

Because, in my opinion, we also need to prepare our coaches so that they can coach teams from other countries.
Good scheme, this way our coaches will feel the competition too.

Pakistan cricket is still standing where it was 20 years ago.Same policies, same strategies, same faces and same approach. And because of that, we are on the verge of seeing the downfall of PSL too.

The new 2 coach setup will be interesting if Kirsten and Gillespie get the jobs.

I've never been a fan of the separate format head coach idea.

The new 2 coach setup will be interesting if Kirsten and Gillespie get the jobs.

I've never been a fan of the separate format head coach idea.

Pakistan don't enough international cricket in comparison to India, England, Australia to justify to seperate head coaches. Maybe Kirsten and Gillespie themselves only expressed interest in the Limited Overs and Test Format respectively.

Back