Fakhar Zaman and Sharjeel Khan opening pair: will we ever see it happen?

Rana

Hall of Famer
Runs
Make it happen guys. Just once, one series, one tournament!

I’ve always loved the brand of cricket these two players play. Just once in my life, I want to see these two batsmen pair up and take on world oppositions.

No hate, please just put hate aside for once. I’m imploring you all to think rationally and let this happen. If you saw what Fakhar is capable of (and I’ve always rated him as Pakistan’s best white ball batsman), then believe me when I tell you that Sharjeel is of a similar/brutal brand of opener.

You have the tools. You have the ingredients, it’s up to you now to make the most of them.

I’ve always loved the brand of cricket these two players play. Just once in my life, I want to see these two batsmen pair up and take on world oppositions.

No hate, please just put hate aside for once. I’m imploring you all to think rationally and let this happen. If you saw what Fakhar is capable of (and I’ve always rated him as Pakistan’s best white ball batsman), then believe me when I tell you that Sharjeel is of a similar/brutal brand of opener.

You have the tools. You have the ingredients, it’s up to you now to make the most of them.
Why not fakhar + Saim?

Saim is young and is a rising talent? I actually want fakhar and saim in the test circuit, Replacing Shan masood and replacing imam

Sharjeel I honestly have not seen much of. I still think fakhar is the best opener Pakistan has had in the past decade though.

But since your the one saying it, I trust your judgement.

Why not fakhar + Saim?

Saim is young and is a rising talent? I actually want fakhar and saim in the test circuit, Replacing Shan masood and replacing imam

Sharjeel I honestly have not seen much of. I still think fakhar is the best opener Pakistan has had in the past decade though.

But since your the one saying it, I trust your judgement.
I love Saim too

But it’s just an emotional thing with these two players (Fakhar and Sharjeel). Two guys who I have always envisioned batting together and feeling confident that we as Pakistan also have two guns ready to blaze against opponents with serious firepower.

Saim and Harris are the future. Just want Fakhar and Sharjeel once whilst these are still available to play due to their age

I love Saim too

But it’s just an emotional thing with these two players (Fakhar and Sharjeel). Two guys who I have always envisioned batting together and feeling confident that we as Pakistan also have two guns ready to blaze against opponents with serious firepower.

Saim and Harris are the future. Just want Fakhar and Sharjeel once whilst these are still available to play due to their age
Well I always want X factors.

Reason why India and sa do so well is because their whole unit is composed of X factors minus jadeja(Batting only) and bavuma

Fakhar zaman amazing batter, team management should have played him since 1st WC game….

You came up with this thread after reading my comment on that Fakhar Zaman thread, didn't you? :fz:sharjeel

Sharjeel Khan ruined his career with corruption by spot-fixing. It is criminal to reminisce over these convicted corrupt cheaters.

Sharjeel was charged with spot-fixing, right or wrong, and in my mind he should never spoke off.

I hope the PCB & ICC start purging the records of those convicted of corrupt behavior such as spot-fixing or match-fixing. There also needs to be life ban for all sorts of corrupt practices.

Pakistani fans love affair with certified match fixers is what sustains this corrupt culture in Pakistan. Every couple years, a major Pakistani player is exposed for match-fixing and some fans develop a romanticized opinions about these cheats.

Absolutely despicable.

Just like Vince is gui
Give them 10 games batting together and watch them break records left, right and centre.
the thing is, I don’t believe they would be batting with the intention of breaking records

They would be batting with the intention of breaking bowling oppositions. That’s what we have been missing

At this moment in time, I wouldn’t mind Karachi Kings releasing Sharjeel and LQ picking him up.

Just for the fans of cricket, let it happen!

At this moment in time, I wouldn’t mind Karachi Kings releasing Sharjeel and LQ picking him up.

Just for the fans of cricket, let it happen!
Is sharjeel and fakhar open, that means the end of rizwan.

And director sahib can't have that 👺

It was always a dream to watch these two open . Sadly it didn’t happen now can only open Saim and fakhar in T20 WC

Has Sharjeel lost weight or are we hell-bent on embarrassing ourselves at the international stage by fielding out of shape players again!?

sharjeel has no one but himself but to blame, threw away his career right when it was on the verge of taking off, could have raked in hundreds of thousands playing leagues around the world. saim on the other hand, is a far more exciting prospect.

sharjeel has no one but himself but to blame, threw away his career right when it was on the verge of taking off, could have raked in hundreds of thousands playing leagues around the world. saim on the other hand, is a far more exciting prospect.
Sharjeel got dropped from his BPL team and PSL team last year but our brother Rana wants him in the international team based off a chukka he hit off Mitchell Starc 8 years ago.

Fakhar Zaman
Sharjeel Khan
Saim Ayub
Babar Azam
Tayyab Tahir
Umar Akmal
Mohammad Haris

Personally speaking, if I was to bowl against this line up I’d lock myself in the hotel room on the day of the match.

More tempted to go with sahibzada farhan
Sharjeel has far too much baggage and his best days are behind him
It would be like picking a 36 year old fawad alam after ignoring him for years

Fakhar Zaman
Sharjeel Khan
Saim Ayub
Babar Azam
Tayyab Tahir
Umar Akmal
Mohammad Haris

Personally speaking, if I was to bowl against this line up I’d lock myself in the hotel room on the day of the match.

Good list but why mediocre Babar and 38 year old U.Akmal?

Why do that to yourself? you're better than that.

Fakhar and Abdullah Shafique are the best combo. Saim as backup is perfect. No need for has been or in Sharjeel’s case never beens in the team.

I want to see Fakhar and Saim together.

The eyes bleed watching Imam and Shafique open the innings. The mindset is off and it's pure torture. Although Shafique is a class batsman but that's not the right position for him in the batting order.

Fakhar and Saim should be worked on as a partnership. I think they will come good.

Fakhar and Abdullah Shafique are the best combo. Saim as backup is perfect. No need for has been or in Sharjeel’s case never beens in the team.
No, Saim and Falhar are best.

We don't need stat padders anymore. This whole cup has been exposing stat padders left and right.

Babar would have lost us the game had falhar not been their, Babar didn't give a damn about dls, with his below 90 sr before the 20 overs.

We don't need stat padders anymore. This whole cup has been exposing stat padders left and right.

Babar would have lost us the game had falhar not been their, Babar didn't give a damn about dls, with his below 90 sr before the 20 overs.
DLS takes wickets in hand into more consideration than runs + Babar was striking at 150+ SR after the rain break.

DLS takes wickets in hand into more consideration than runs + Babar was striking at 150+ SR after the rain break.
He was striking cause ish sodhi came in, and the target was no chasuble. He didn't give a kahoot previously.

Besides Boult and southee the others are jobbers, shpuld be easy picking

He was striking cause ish sodhi came in, and the target was no chasuble. He didn't give a kahoot previously.

Besides Boult and southee the others are jobbers, shpuld be easy picking
They were above par the whole chase because they knew the rain was coming. The par score is much higher if you lose wickets. Fakhar Zaman and Babar both said in the post match that they were having someone from the dressing room come out every little bit to tell them what the par score was.

I share your excitement.
However, I think Sharjeel’s form tapered off since his return. He’s been middling in recent domestic tournaments and almost lost his place in PSL 2023.
At this point, ide love to see Fakhar and Saim .

Saim and Sharjeel would be the dream however Fakhar and Sharjeel wouldn't be a terrible alternative. Anything beats matching Babar and Rizwan stat pad

They were above par the whole chase because they knew the rain was coming. The par score is much higher if you lose wickets. Fakhar Zaman and Babar both said in the post match that they were having someone from the dressing room come out every little bit to tell them what the par score was.
Brother ik babar. I have seen him play. The dude is incapable of playing aggressive against semindecent attack cause if he does he'll get out.

That's why he only looked to target sodhi and Mitchell cause their toothless.

Credit to babar however for not being selfish and constantly rotating strike back to fakhar, cause usually he tries to slow down for his milestone, this time he didn't and gave falhar as much strike.

But if this was imam batting on the other hand, he'd never try fir the rr.

I guarantee you these guys are spineless and give up if the target goes beyond 350, cause their mental meidgets.

Fakhar and chacha are an exception in the squad for never backing down without a fight.

Brother ik babar. I have seen him play. The dude is incapable of playing aggressive against semindecent attack cause if he does he'll get out.

Credit to babar however for not being selfish and constantly rotating strike back to fakhar, cause usually he tries to slow down for his milestone, this time he didn't and gave falhar as much strike.

I guarantee you these guys are spineless and give up if the target goes beyond 350, cause their mental meidgets.

Fakhar and chacha are an exception in the squad for never backing down without a fight.
I don’t get your point to be honest. He did exactly what he needed to do today - I’m not judging his whole career just his performance today. Targeting the weak bowlers is smart batting, how is that a bad thing?

Also, Pakistan’s highest ever run chase was last year - 349 against Australia. Babar Azam smashed 114(83) and got Man of the Match.

Also, Pakistan’s highest ever run chase was last year - 349 against Australia. Babar Azam smashed 114(83) and got Man of the Match.
Look at the bowlers he smashed it against? These bowlers don't even fit in the nedtherlands squad lol. You know it's a crao bowling unit when Travis head is your best bowler.

Only zampa was A string and zampa is up and down, the guy functions on turning wickets but always gets pelted otherwise, he's been pelted a few times in this cup before aus came back into rhythm. He was horrific the entire tour, and other bowlers like cameron green aren't worth mentioning.

Their was no stark, Cummings, maxwell or Hazelwood in that lineup.

Babar azam only smashes if the bowlers are beyond pathetic. That's why he only smashed sodhi and was looking to smash darly Mitchell lol.

I don’t get your point to be honest. He did exactly what he needed to do today - I’m not judging his whole career just his performance today. Targeting the weak bowlers is smart batting, how is that a bad thing?

The target is 400, not 200, and dls requires you to go at above par, you're suppose to target everybody which fakhar was doing. Babar was ducking against Boult and southee lol.

If the bowlers are quality babar just tries to accumulate which he's good at doing. If he attacks he gets out cause he's clueless on how to attack even semi decent bowlers.

He gave fakhar zero backing until sodhi came. That's more risky because fakhar was your only striker and in order to decrease the chance of getting out, he shpuld have helped attack, if only one striker keeps attacking it increases pressure and chances of getting dismissed, not decreases.

Before today, babar has had 3 50's and all match losing. If you cut him slack for sa soft dismissal, what slack will you cut him for india or Afghanistan?

Kuldeep mocked him for saying unlike other bats babar doesn't even try to attack or make him do anything different. The afg innings was a joke.

What about babar's own statement saying that if fakhsr bats 20 0vers we win. What about you babar? You're no 1, shouldn't we win if you bat 20 overs?

You're previous argument for ex cricketers opinions > Randoms on the Internet holds zero weight when their opinions are super stistions not facts. I saw what viv said.

Viv Hoped key word hoped that babar would become the era defining batsmen, which after 7 years he hasn't. Had he been era defining, he'd be the x factor alongside fakhar not fakhar only.

India has an entire team of X factors, if rohit was smacking like fakhar yesterday, you'd see Gill, kohli, sky, Rahul all back him by attacking as well.

Not waiting for sodhi to come to attack or just ducking and giving singles back to rohit and forcing him to soak up all the pressure.

The reason you're not getting my viewpoint is because you don't want to understand it or refuse to understand it, not because you're dumb or clueless. You are very smart, so don't sit here telling me you don't understand the viewpoint when you clearly do and cam comment on it the right way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Abdullah is a solid opener. Him and Saim Ayub are the ones for the future. Just need to groom them and give them confidence.

I think Abdullah is a solid opener. Him and Saim Ayub are the ones for the future. Just need to groom them and give them confidence.
Abdullah needs to be in test for now. He should be told from the management that if he is unable to play like fakhar or saim and wants to be in the same mould as rizwan or babar, then no thanks, he should be out of the team

Abdullah needs to be in test for now. He should be told from the management that if he is unable to play like fakhar or saim and wants to be in the same mould as rizwan or babar, then no thanks, he should be out of the team
Saim and Abdullah are no Fakhar. What innings Fakhar played yesterday was even a freakish innings by Fakhar standards. That's how insane it was.

We should not forget that in his World Cup debut Abdullah scored a match winning 100 vs Sri Lanka chasing a record target.

Saim and Abdullah are both young and have immense potential. They have shown in PSL, they have the shots and the game to play the modern cricket. It is just about giving them confidence.

Saim and Abdullah are no Fakhar. What innings Fakhar played yesterday was even a freakish innings by Fakhar standards. That's how insane it was.

We should not forget that in his World Cup debut Abdullah scored a match winning 100 vs Sri Lanka chasing a record target.

Saim and Abdullah are both young and have immense potential. They have shown in PSL, they have the shots and the game to play the modern cricket. It is just about giving them confidence.
Abdullah is good. We need to add the fact that he was batting with an out of touch Imam who couldn't get the ball past the inner ring all WC.

Pair Abdullah with a better batsman for a bit and then see how he does. He has all the raw ingredients and has already delivered solid pressure knocks in two formats.

Wdym even for fakhar standards? The guy has match winning 100's against India in a final? A freakish 194, A 180 all round dominance, a 200 score showcasing to everyone how to minnow bashing like a champ?

3 consecutive 100+ scores, 1 against quality opposition and 2 monster scores against d string.

Abdullah made a 111 against the most toothless bowling attack their is. Saim ayub is talented and he will get those long scores if he's groomed.

Abdullah shafiq is basically what misbah wanted asad shafiq to be in odi. Aka a solid technical player, and one who's capable of soft scores consistently but he'll never ever escape the soft score mantra. He'll be in the same boat as misbah type players, a solid test player but a soft scoring run of the mill odi player. Only way to change is to tell him he's put of the team unless he okays like fakhar aka with intent.

Don't compare Abdullah with Imam, unless you're mamoon who fanboys imam for some reason and vanishes when Pakistan is loosing but will pop up in a bad situation to say " We deserve this humilation"

everyone knows imam is useless. Just a superior version to Ahmed shehzad in consistency but the same boat in play style.

Abdullah is good. We need to add the fact that he was batting with an out of touch Imam who couldn't get the ball past the inner ring all WC.

Pair Abdullah with a better batsman for a bit and then see how he does. He has all the raw ingredients and has already delivered solid pressure knocks in two formats.
Imam isn't put of touch. Imam also vanished in 2019 wc,

Imam has never ever played a knock unless it's a toothless attack which he's played for 4 years considering a teams don't wish to come to Pakistan.

Imam has a literal once in a blue moon 152 which God knows how that even happened, but other then that Imam was always useless.

Imam has one quality trait in that he's surprisingly very very good when it comes to playing Bangladesh and in the past was good at playing Afghanistan until afg's finally figures him out.

But other then that he was never out of touch, he was always a talentless nepotistic product.

Abdullah is talented but unless management works on him, he'll be in the same misbah boat aka a classy test player but a run of the mill soft scoring odi player.

Get players who compliment fakhar, not players who require his hand holding like imam and babar profited of ove for 7 years

Saim Ayub is the player that needs to be backed

We should move on from Sharjeel

Pak missed a trick by not playing Sharjeel in this World Cup.

Ideal pitches for Sharjeel and Fakhar type of batters.

The way teams are fearing SA, they would be fearing PAK even more had Sharjeel and Fakhar been our openers.

Tactical blunder.

Sharjeel was a favourite of mine but sadly he has lost his way in the last year or so. He still has time to recover though. It's not as if we have loads of six hitting beasts in domestic circuit.

Pak missed a trick by not playing Sharjeel in this World Cup.

Ideal pitches for Sharjeel and Fakhar type of batters.

The way teams are fearing SA, they would be fearing PAK even more had Sharjeel and Fakhar been our openers.

Tactical blunder.
@Rana has been saying this for ages, but the cultists were making out he needs to be committed.

Either way we need “all change” with the team after this World Cup. Saim definitely needs to be brought in, but the culture needs to change too.

For a culture change, bring in Sharjeel for a couple of series so that culture gets embedded and players see what they need to aspire to watching Fakhar and Sharjeel. Then rotate, move around.

It doesn’t mean he gets picked for the 2027 World Cup but we need to start thinking more about approach than all this - “let’s look at averages”

Either way we need “all change” with the team after this World Cup. Saim definitely needs to be brought in, but the culture needs to change too.

For a culture change, bring in Sharjeel for a couple of series so that culture gets embedded and players see what they need to aspire to watching Fakhar and Sharjeel. Then rotate, move around.

It doesn’t mean he gets picked for the 2027 World Cup but we need to start thinking more about approach than all this - “let’s look at averages”
The culture is simple, Just do what bcci is doing or what sa is doing.

Rather then Mr no 1 goo goo ga ga over fakhar and hope he sticks for 20 to 30 overs, have an entire team of X factors

This ensures that even if one player performs then you'll win tye game and if the entire team performs, expect a massive 450 total..

Rohit, Gill, Kohli, Iyer, Rahul, Kishan, Pandya, Makram, Quinton, van der dussan, Klaseen

^^ These guys are all X factors so even 1 or 2 performances is enough to win you games.

And as for bowlers don't play bits and pieces, 9-11, need to be proper bowlers 2 proper pacers and 1 genuine spinner, and 7-8 need to be 2 proper allrounders, one fast bowling allrounder and one spin allrounder like imad.

And 1-6, one of them needs to be a part timer to bowl 2 or 3 overs just incase as a backup

When and where has Sharjeel performed in last two years to merit a place in the team. Azam Khan despite worse physical shape has more claim. I would still not have him in the team till he gets into good shape and fitness. Siam and Fakhar would make ideal opening combo with Babar at 3.

When and where has Sharjeel performed in last two years to merit a place in the team. Azam Khan despite worse physical shape has more claim. I would still not have him in the team till he gets into good shape and fitness. Siam and Fakhar would make ideal opening combo with Babar at 3.

Trust me Sharjeel would have been scoring hundreds for FUN on pitches and grounds like these. IND is the ideal place for Sharjeel, Fakhar and Saim type of batters.

Azam Khan is way too unfit and there’s no evidence he has as good reflexes and shot selection as that of Sharjeel’s.

For now, these players should be our top order:

Fakhar
Sharjeel
Babar
Saim Ayub

Make way for these folks. Saim can also play at #3 if Babar is willing to move.

But we have been told "Imam is the most important player in the team".
For a brief while (with Rizwan at 4), even I was slightly under the illusion that he might have to bat through for this team.

Then seeing guys making runs for fun, and watching Imam just not caring about the team’s requirement changed my view entirely.

It’s a shame because Imam has been at the job for 5 years and still hasn’t improved his game to meet modern requirements. Far more talented/flamboyant openers have not been afforded as much opportunity he has been afforded and are discarded

Abdullah is not a stat padder, and has the ability to shift gears with a good technique. Saim has not shown anything of merit to be easily slotted in the playing 11, but i am a strong supporter of him being in the squad.

In t20I both Babar and Rizwan dont have a place in the playing 11. Maybe Babar but not Rizwan if we are playing Haris.

Abdullah is not a stat padder, and has the ability to shift gears with a good technique. Saim has not shown anything of merit to be easily slotted in the playing 11, but i am a strong supporter of him being in the squad.

In t20I both Babar and Rizwan dont have a place in the playing 11. Maybe Babar but not Rizwan if we are playing Haris.

Brother idc about his technique. He needs to get a move on.

The whole shift gear thing has not happened yet unless the side is named Sri lanka which was the weakest attack at the time.

Brother idc about his technique. He needs to get a move on.

The whole shift gear thing has not happened yet unless the side is named Sri lanka which was the weakest attack at the time.

He does need to get a move on but I still have high hopes for him because unlike Babar and Imam, he's shown that he has the ability to go up the gears in the PSL and also in this World Cup.

The problem is he's still a little bit raw and inexperienced. Prior to this World Cup, he's only played a handful of List A matches.

If he has the right attitude, he'll be a fine player once he's the finished article. Just needs be given time and be fully backed.

He has been a flop in PSL since his return so there is no PR for him at all on social media from fans and journalists. He also hasn't done much in other domestic competitions and T20 leagues around the world.

Selections are mostly based on PR.

He does need to get a move on but I still have high hopes for him because unlike Babar and Imam, he's shown that he has the ability to go up the gears in the PSL and also in this World Cup.

The problem is he's still a little bit raw and inexperienced. Prior to this World Cup, he's only played a handful of List A matches.

If he has the right attitude, he'll be a fine player once he's the finished article. Just needs be given time and be fully backed.
That's why I said management. Problem isn't players, it's management.

Someone like kl Rahul and rohit sharma would have been has beens if they were playing for Pakistan and not India.

Our Management is clueless on how to coach players lol

Look at the bowlers he smashed it against? These bowlers don't even fit in the nedtherlands squad lol. You know it's a crao bowling unit when Travis head is your best bowler.

Only zampa was A string and zampa is up and down, the guy functions on turning wickets but always gets pelted otherwise, he's been pelted a few times in this cup before aus came back into rhythm. He was horrific the entire tour, and other bowlers like cameron green aren't worth mentioning.

Their was no stark, Cummings, maxwell or Hazelwood in that lineup.

Babar azam only smashes if the bowlers are beyond pathetic. That's why he only smashed sodhi and was looking to smash darly Mitchell lol.

The target is 400, not 200, and dls requires you to go at above par, you're suppose to target everybody which fakhar was doing. Babar was ducking against Boult and southee lol.

If the bowlers are quality babar just tries to accumulate which he's good at doing. If he attacks he gets out cause he's clueless on how to attack even semi decent bowlers.

He gave fakhar zero backing until sodhi came. That's more risky because fakhar was your only striker and in order to decrease the chance of getting out, he shpuld have helped attack, if only one striker keeps attacking it increases pressure and chances of getting dismissed, not decreases.

Before today, babar has had 3 50's and all match losing. If you cut him slack for sa soft dismissal, what slack will you cut him for india or Afghanistan?

Kuldeep mocked him for saying unlike other bats babar doesn't even try to attack or make him do anything different. The afg innings was a joke.

What about babar's own statement saying that if fakhsr bats 20 0vers we win. What about you babar? You're no 1, shouldn't we win if you bat 20 overs?

You're previous argument for ex cricketers opinions > Randoms on the Internet holds zero weight when their opinions are super stistions not facts. I saw what viv said.

Viv Hoped key word hoped that babar would become the era defining batsmen, which after 7 years he hasn't. Had he been era defining, he'd be the x factor alongside fakhar not fakhar only.

India has an entire team of X factors, if rohit was smacking like fakhar yesterday, you'd see Gill, kohli, sky, Rahul all back him by attacking as well.

Not waiting for sodhi to come to attack or just ducking and giving singles back to rohit and forcing him to soak up all the pressure.

The reason you're not getting my viewpoint is because you don't want to understand it or refuse to understand it, not because you're dumb or clueless. You are very smart, so don't sit here telling me you don't understand the viewpoint when you clearly do and cam comment on it the right way.
Maybe if I get the time, I’ll respond to the post fully another time. But, as you yourself say in the next sentence, Travis Head was not their best bowler that day, it was Zampa. And Zampa is their best bowler so far in this WC too. Additionally, they had 2 other bowlers in the lineup who still bowl for their WC squad today.

And, Babar never struggled against Hazelwood/Starc/Cummins. In his first series against them in 2017, he went to Australia and averaged 56 against Starc/Hazelwood/Cummins/Faulkner/Marsh/Zampa including a 100 in the final match where everyone else, aside from Sharjeel Khan, collapsed.

He wasn’t good his first Test Series in Australia, but when he went back in 2019 to Australia he averaged 52 at a SR of 65 against Starc/Hazelwood/Cummins/Lyon. Then when they came to Pakistan last year, he averaged 78 against Starc/Hazelwood/Cummins/Lyon/Green/Labuschange. There’s even a great documentary episode that Cricket Australia published about how they were completely unable to deal with Babar.

Also, Babar and Fakhar both batted to a plan. It was their and management’s idea to have Babar bat through and give the strike to Fakhar. They had to keep up with the par score and they stayed ahead of it the entire time. That’s what Fakhar Zaman himself said. And then when the rain break happened and it was time to hit Babar batted at a 150 SR. They both played the inninings they needed to perfectly. If we had lost 2 wickets, we would have been below the par score at the end of the innings and lost the game. This is also why it was so stupid that people were complaining that Babar chose to bat second after winning the toss. They knew it would be a rain affected reduced over game.

Maybe if I get the time, I’ll respond to the post fully another time. But, as you yourself say in the next sentence, Travis Head was not their best bowler that day, it was Zampa. And Zampa is their best bowler so far in this WC too. Additionally, they had 2 other bowlers in the lineup who still bowl for their WC squad today.

And, Babar never struggled against Hazelwood/Starc/Cummins. In his first series against them in 2017, he went to Australia and averaged 56 against Starc/Hazelwood/Cummins/Faulkner/Marsh/Zampa including a 100 in the final match where everyone else, aside from Sharjeel Khan, collapsed.

He wasn’t good his first Test Series in Australia, but when he went back in 2019 to Australia he averaged 52 at a SR of 65 against Starc/Hazelwood/Cummins/Lyon. Then when they came to Pakistan last year, he averaged 78 against Starc/Hazelwood/Cummins/Lyon/Green/Labuschange. There’s even a great documentary episode that Cricket Australia published about how they were completely unable to deal with Babar.

Also, Babar and Fakhar both batted to a plan. It was their and management’s idea to have Babar bat through and give the strike to Fakhar. They had to keep up with the par score and they stayed ahead of it the entire time. That’s what Fakhar Zaman himself said. And then when the rain break happened and it was time to hit Babar batted at a 150 SR. They both played the inninings they needed to perfectly. If we had lost 2 wickets, we would have been below the par score at the end of the innings and lost the game. This is also why it was so stupid that people were complaining that Babar chose to bat second after winning the toss. They knew it would be a rain affected reduced over game.
Travis head bowled the best economy, Zampa was getting belted by everyone including imam, he wasn't fit or in form, the pitch wasn't a Turner either.

Brother babar isn't a bad batsmen, but ik how he plays and ik full well what he was doing aka waiting for sodhi to come.

But theik hai bro, you win, Babar is a goat, Babar zimdabad.

Trust me Babar is an okay player. Not too good but not too bad either

Guys, this thread is about Fakhar and Sharjeel. No need to discuss any other players in this thread.

That's why I said management. Problem isn't players, it's management.

Someone like kl Rahul and rohit sharma would have been has beens if they were playing for Pakistan and not India.

Our Management is clueless on how to coach players lol

Particularly under Misbah as Captain or Coach. He would've binned them for playing too many shots.

If Azhar Ali and one of these guys scored a hundred in the same game. He would give the cake to Azhar Ali for playing less shots.

I always wanted to see them batting together but it will remain a wish only.

@topspin @mominsaigol

This is why I have usually been a strong critic of the Misbah ul Haq influence and Babar Azam captaincy.

They played both Sharjeel and Fakhar in the same side in 2021, but not once did they actually try to see what happens if both of them open. Somehow they needed to do what suits Babar and Rizwan to stay relevant instead of doing what most sensible people would do, and that is to open the batting with two proper T20 openers.

Misbah is easily the most short sighted white ball cricket mind in the history of the game

@topspin @mominsaigol

This is why I have usually been a strong critic of the Misbah ul Haq influence and Babar Azam captaincy.

They played both Sharjeel and Fakhar in the same side in 2021, but not once did they actually try to see what happens if both of them open. Somehow they needed to do what suits Babar and Rizwan to stay relevant instead of doing what most sensible people would do, and that is to open the batting with two proper T20 openers.

Misbah is easily the most short sighted white ball cricket mind in the history of the game
I'm aware bro, I don't like misbah, ik his views on white ball cricket.

Particularly under Misbah as Captain or Coach. He would've binned them for playing too many shots.

If Azhar Ali and one of these guys scored a hundred in the same game. He would give the cake to Azhar Ali for playing less shots.
He would kept KL Rahul to open and would congratulate him for a 78 SR lol.

And he would keep rohit at the middle and would want him to be a pinch hitter forever.

Reason why Rahul was Brought to the middle was because bcci wanted him to escape the tuk tuk mental zone as well as play with freedom because Rahul struggles with early swing but the moment that's over he attacks.

Rohit was Brought to opening for opposite reasons. Rohit realishes freedom and is a beast at taking full advantage at pp1, middle order doesn't suit him cause he's a pressure free player.

It's just these 2, Under misbah, kohli would be at no 5, because misbah would have used the whole he struggles against swing and pushed him back, whereas bcci kept kohli at no 3 and kohli developed that taking a few steps forwards and flicking to leg for inswing so that junaid Khan and shaheen type inswings get neutralised.

Someone like jadeja would be misbah's hafeez and would be opening 😂😂😂

Wdym even for fakhar standards? The guy has match winning 100's against India in a final? A freakish 194, A 180 all round dominance, a 200 score showcasing to everyone how to minnow bashing like a champ?

3 consecutive 100+ scores, 1 against quality opposition and 2 monster scores against d string.

Abdullah made a 111 against the most toothless bowling attack their is. Saim ayub is talented and he will get those long scores if he's groomed.

Abdullah shafiq is basically what misbah wanted asad shafiq to be in odi. Aka a solid technical player, and one who's capable of soft scores consistently but he'll never ever escape the soft score mantra. He'll be in the same boat as misbah type players, a solid test player but a soft scoring run of the mill odi player. Only way to change is to tell him he's put of the team unless he okays like fakhar aka with intent.

Don't compare Abdullah with Imam, unless you're mamoon who fanboys imam for some reason and vanishes when Pakistan is loosing but will pop up in a bad situation to say " We deserve this humilation"

everyone knows imam is useless. Just a superior version to Ahmed shehzad in consistency but the same boat in play style.
I will say Fakhar is a freak of a player for Pakistan’s standards period ! No batsman can match him .
Saim, Abdullah, Sharjeel ( a peak one) or anyone else for that matter will not be able to come close to Fakhar as a one day bat .

He’s dynamic, fearless and selfless . Hes Played 3-4 atg knocks already for Pak in one dayers.
The way people talk about him , Indian media , English media , he is rated very highly by them for the type of batsman he is. A class act.

I will say Fakhar is a freak of a player for Pakistan’s standards period ! No batsman can match him .
Saim, Abdullah, Sharjeel ( a peak one) or anyone else for that matter will not be able to come close to Fakhar as a one day bat .

He’s dynamic, fearless and selfless . Hes Played 3-4 atg knocks already for Pak in one dayers.
The way people talk about him , Indian media , English media , he is rated very highly by them for the type of batsman he is. A class act.
Peak Sharjeel gets his team off to blistering starts against any bowling attack

Both Sharjeel and Fakhar are weak against off spin however

Peak Sharjeel gets his team off to blistering starts against any bowling attack

Both Sharjeel and Fakhar are weak against off spin however
Yes sharjeel is but not fakhar.

He uses long handles to get the maximum reach of the ball, which makes it quite easy to play spin.

See what he did with santner and sodhi in the last match.

Yes sharjeel is but not fakhar.

He uses long handles to get the maximum reach of the ball, which makes it quite easy to play spin.

See what he did with santner and sodhi in the last match.
Listen to Fakhar’s interview. He admitted himself that he had a problem with off spin. He’s worked hard on it and it showed against Phillips after a long time.

If you want to compare both batsmen, Fakhar himself also admitted that he will take one or two overs to see off the new ball before going hard. From what I have seen of Sharjeel, he doesn’t think about seeing off the new ball/swing. He will go for it from ball 1 if it’s there to be hit. Sharjeel is a naturally more attacking opener than Fakhar, but Fakhar’s ability to shift gears once his feet and body are in tune with the wicket is phenomenal. Plus his fitness allows him to be more agile when picking his scoring zones.

@topspin @mominsaigol

Excellent find this to back up everything we’ve been saying about Misbah.

Batting Fakhar at 4 in a T20 is simply criminal. This backs up what @mominsaigol was saying that he probably would’ve been batting somewhere around 7 in ODIs if he was a new player. But Alhumdulillah his ODI career began under the Sarfraz/Mickey era, who gave him the freedom to express himself without him having to fear for his place in the side.

This is why I say, even if you were to give the Misbah the same team for the 2017 CT, he would’ve messed it up. His defensive fields, bowling rotations and the batting order of his choice would’ve led to an another group stage exit.

Once again, @Rana laying it down. His cricket brain is exceptional because this opening combo would be DEVASTATING.

Once again, @Rana laying it down. His cricket brain is exceptional because this opening combo would be DEVASTATING.
He's my favourite poster by far. His cricket knowledge is far far superior to anyone here, miles > mine that's for sure.

I don't understand why he gets trolled fir rizzu hate though 😂😂. Rizzu gets treated as if he's Adam gilchrist

He's my favourite poster by far. His cricket knowledge is far far superior to anyone here, miles > mine that's for sure.

I don't understand why he gets trolled fir rizzu hate though 😂😂. Rizzu gets treated as if he's Adam gilchrist

Definitely one of the best although i must say it’s getting somewhat boring now with Rana bhai absolutely owning a lot of the haters in the last couple of months with his polite yet hard hitting truth bombs. He’s truly the Glenn Maxwell of this forum, not even trying but slaying it left right and centre 🤣🤣

A run out or LBW is acceptable after scoring 70+ from 45-50 balls.
Good bowling attacks like India ,Aus and SAF will not let him get off the hook in powerplay to get to 70 off 50.
Think ship has sailed for him . He last played an international long back and difficult to integrate back with same explosion

Back