Fighter banned in Middle-Eastern countries; only UAE to release Hrithik Roshan actioner

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
News agency ANI, on Tuesday, reported that while the reason for the ban has not been disclosed, the GCC countries including Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia will not be screening Fighter, with the UAE as the only exception. Film producer and trade expert Girish Johar had also tweeted, “In a setback, Fighter officially banned across Middle East regions for theatrical release. Only UAE will release the film with PG15 classification!”

Thats a pretty drastic measure. I wonder why it was banned. Gulf countries usually dont care about Pak India conflicts much.

I am sure its about the Abhinandan Chai diplomacy. How Indian Tom Cruise in indians old jet fighters manages to outgun Pakistani airforce in their more modern fighter jets. But somehow due to some tragic mistake is gunned down and lands inside Pakistan. LOL .. But before doing so, the hero pilot mows down a whole fleet of enemy jets, wipes out hundreds of terrorists and bombs a bunch of masjids and madrassas. ROFL!

Indian movies these days are fan fiction dreams of hindu nationalists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bollywood filmi twist, he was thinking about his long lost love who was killed by Pakistani terrorists and somehow lost focus to be shot down by some evil looking pakistani pilot who has a thick beard and wears eye liner.

I am sure its about the Abhinandan Chai diplomacy. How Indian Tom Cruise in indians old jet fighters manages to outgun Pakistani airforce in their more modern fighter jets. But somehow due to some tragic mistake is gunned down and lands inside Pakistan. LOL .. But before doing so, the hero pilot mows down a whole fleet of enemy jets, wipes out hundreds of terrorists and bombs a bunch of masjids and madrassas. ROFL!

Indian movies these days are fan fiction dreams of hindu nationalists.
They should have taken Abhinandhan as a lead hero :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

They should have taken Abhinandhan as a lead hero :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
He probably has a cameo as the lead instructor. He will be shown in the film holding a tea cup that he singlehandedly took from a pakistan airforce base after landing in there in a dramatic flashback sequence. He singlehandedly destroys all the planes, using a knife guts all the pakistani soldiers who are trying to shoot him with machine guns but cant land even one shot. Then he makes tea, has a song and dance sequence in the fields around the airbase, then flies a pakistani air force jet back home with the souvenir.

He probably has a cameo as the lead instructor. He will be shown in the film holding a tea cup that he singlehandedly took from a pakistan airforce base after landing in there in a dramatic flashback sequence. He singlehandedly destroys all the planes, using a knife guts all the pakistani soldiers who are trying to shoot him with machine guns but cant land even one shot. Then he makes tea, has a song and dance sequence in the fields around the airbase, then flies a pakistani air force jet back home with the souvenir.
John Wick needs to take classes from him.

Maybe they fly in there to take pakistan's nukes. they kill the COAS and all the dangerous looking pakistani generals, then tie the nukes to their planes using rassis, then ring a mandir bell before flying back to india with the nukes dangling below IAF jets.

I am starting to think I might have a future as a screenwriter in Bollywood. Hope they allow remote work

Apparently this movie is anti Islamic

Hritik Roshan may have just committed career suicide here.

Arabic countries aren't very open minded. I wonder if the top gun action fighters showed Bollywood's progression

Kudos to Bahrain etc for banning it.

Maybe they fly in there to take pakistan's nukes. they kill the COAS and all the dangerous looking pakistani generals, then tie the nukes to their planes using rassis, then ring a mandir bell before flying back to india with the nukes dangling below IAF jets.

I am starting to think I might have a future as a screenwriter in Bollywood. Hope they allow remote work

Please do one for Pakistan Cricket Team also.

First of all, I am surprised that Oman, Bahrain, Qatar etc have movie theatres.

I can understand super conservative countries like Qatar or Oman or Bahrain banning Bollywood movies. If MBS and Saudis want their country to embrace modernity like UAE, they should allow certain content. It is silly to ban movies.

I can understand super conservative countries like Qatar or Oman or Bahrain banning Bollywood movies. If MBS and Saudis want their country to embrace modernity like UAE, they should allow certain content. Unless there is blatant profanities used against Islam, it is silly to ban movies.

It does make me wonder though, since to your immense surprise, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar etc do have movie theatres, what actually is in the film which they deemed offensive, since they are usually quite neutral on Bharat/Pakistan tiffs.

Do you have any idea?

I can understand super conservative countries like Qatar or Oman or Bahrain banning Bollywood movies. If MBS and Saudis want their country to embrace modernity like UAE, they should allow certain content. It is silly to ban that’s like saying
Gulf countries have a lot of modern entertainment facilities which is why so many Indians like to live there to work. By the way conforming to some Indian idiocracy does not equate modernity

It does make me wonder though, since to your immense surprise, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar etc do have movie theatres, what actually is in the film which they deemed offensive, since they are usually quite neutral on Bharat/Pakistan tiffs.

Do you have any idea?
Its well know that the film is based on Pakistani chai lover saarey chhay foot tall 8 pack holder Abhinandan’s life story which also inspired the 80s Hollywood film Top Gun.

Its well know that the film is based on Pakistani chai lover saarey chhay foot tall 8 pack holder Abhinandan’s life story which also inspired the 80s Hollywood film Top Gun.

Yes but why would Gulf countries care about any of that?

India sells this Anit-Pakistan mixture (chooran) to make their movies work. These movies are nothing but a bunch of lies and nonsense stories. This movie is another way to get noticed by anti-Indian people so they can earn some money.

India sells this Anit-Pakistan mixture (chooran) to make their movies work. These movies are nothing but a bunch of lies and nonsense stories. This movie is another way to get noticed by anti-Indian people so they can earn some money.
And sadly these are the same type of movies that continue to fuel anger and hatred in the hearts of the common Indian person toward their Muslim neighbors.

The propaganda machine in that country is alive and well.

We’re seeing this level of propaganda being churned out now more than ever before in the existence of Pak and India.

And sadly these are the same type of movies that continue to fuel anger and hatred in the hearts of the common Indian person toward their Muslim neighbors.

We’re seeing this level of propaganda being churned out now more than ever before in the existence of Pak and India.
Cannot agree more than that what you said. Stole my words, brother. These types of movies are made just to please their lords and it is only increasing violence towards Pakistan although not all Indian people are violent towards Pakistan.

Yes but why would Gulf countries care about any of that?
They have large populations from India and Pakistan and are always scared of riots or public gatherings. Perhaps they are worried things could get out of hand.

Never been to Qatar and movies are anti-Islamic.
Every Muslim-majority country in the world has cinemas(yes, even Afghanistan), from Indonesia to Bosnia. Assuming otherwise can only be done so due to an extreme level of ignorance.

Qatar has one of the highest per capita in the world, you can not achieve that without an entertainment industry that helps influence others in the region(and the world in the case of the World Cup).

My view is a sovereign country is free to ban any movie they feel is derogatory. At the end of the day no free speech is absolute. However, posters that are cheering this move should remember this when India decides to exercise the same right. We all have seen the rona dhona when calls were made to ban Padmavat or Pathaan. This hypocrisy is the issue...otherwise everything is fine.

My view is a sovereign country is free to ban any movie they feel is derogatory. At the end of the day no free speech is absolute. However, posters that are cheering this move should remember this when India decides to exercise the same right. We all have seen the rona dhona when calls were made to ban Padmavat or Pathaan. This hypocrisy is the issue...otherwise everything is fine.
Banning your own movies is hardly excercising the same right.

Banning your own movies is hardly excercising the same right.

Okay how about BBC documentary ban? The Indian govt banned for the same reason that it may cause riots in the country. Most people here were critical of it but now supporting Middle east.

Sure, we don't have double standards :)

Let them make movies and show whatever they want. But we all know movies are movies, and real life is real life. We all know what happened with that Abhinandan.

Okay how about BBC documentary ban? The Indian govt banned for the same reason that it may cause riots in the country. Most people here were critical of it but now supporting Middle east.

Sure, we don't have double standards :)
Different issue again.

Different issue again.

Nope same issues. Indian govt ban the BBC documentary as it could have cause riots and law n order situation in the country. Similarly middle east has banned this movie as it could have caused unrest in their countries between Indian and Pakistani communities. You are finding India wrong then but Middle eastern countries correct now for exactly doing the same is due to inner bias. Its okay we all are biased to an extent so dnt take it as an insult. I am just highlighting the hypocrisy.

Nope same issues. Indian govt ban the BBC documentary as it could have cause riots and law n order situation in the country. Similarly middle east has banned this movie as it could have caused unrest in their countries between Indian and Pakistani communities. You are finding India wrong then but Middle eastern countries correct now for exactly doing the same is due to inner bias. Its okay we all are biased to an extent so dnt take it as an insult. I am just highlighting the hypocrisy.

You can highlight whatever you like, doesn't make you right.

Indian govt banned a documentary that was critical of it and banned their own movies.

Gulf are banning movies from 3rd party unrelated issues.

An equivalent would be if Indians banned a James Bond Film because it shows Russians and Americans fighting.

You can highlight whatever you like, doesn't make you right.

Indian govt banned a documentary that was critical of it and banned their own movies.

Gulf are banning movies from 3rd party unrelated issues.

An equivalent would be if Indians banned a James Bond Film because it shows Russians and Americans fighting.

Both are banned to maintain law and order bcoz the respective countries found them as propaganda films. You were accusing India of curbing free speech then but appreciating the exact same steps taken by middle east countries now. Not sure how else I should say it if its not hypocrisy. However as I said we all are hypocrites, so that is fine.

Every Muslim-majority country in the world has cinemas(yes, even Afghanistan), from Indonesia to Bosnia. Assuming otherwise can only be done so due to an extreme level of ignorance.

Qatar has one of the highest per capita in the world, you can not achieve that without an entertainment industry that helps influence others in the region(and the world in the case of the World Cup).
“The new government banned production of films in 1993. When the Taliban took power in 1996, cinemas were attacked and many films were burnt. The Taliban forbade the viewing of television and films and cinemas were closed, either becoming tea shops or restaurants or falling into a state of disrepair.”

They have large populations from India and Pakistan and are always scared of riots or public gatherings. Perhaps they are worried things could get out of hand.

In that case they would have banned other Indian war movies as well. As I said, Gulf countries don't usually get involved in Pakistan/india tiffs. There must be more to it.

“The new government banned production of films in 1993. When the Taliban took power in 1996, cinemas were attacked and many films were burnt. The Taliban forbade the viewing of television and films and cinemas were closed, either becoming tea shops or restaurants or falling into a state of disrepair.”

Why are you talking about Afghanistan? Have you no clue as to why Fighter has been banned in Gulf countries?

this is the trailer . but couldnt find abhi none done in all this topi drama of so called movie .....

this is the trailer . but couldnt find abhi none done in all this topi drama of so called movie .....

That's not a film trailer, that's the visualization of mental illness and delusion.

This is clearly made for the lowest common denominator.

Both are banned to maintain law and order bcoz the respective countries found them as propaganda films. You were accusing India of curbing free speech then but appreciating the exact same steps taken by middle east countries now. Not sure how else I should say it if its not hypocrisy. However as I said we all are hypocrites, so that is fine.
They are not banned for hte same reason, becaue we dont even know the reason for why Indian Tom Cruise got all the Arab knickers in a twist. But let us dissect your preposturous analogy.

One one side: BBC makes a "fact based" documentary which is banned in India because it makes the head despot look bad. It was a documentary based on his role in Gujarat massacre, which also ended in him getting a ban from the US and perhaps other countries. Would it have caused riots in the country? Who knows? Are Indians going to go riot over a documentary that has facts? If so, it only portrays the country in poor light.

On the other: a fictional movie with a theme most likely residing in fictional events, characters, etc. not based on actual events, with themes dependent on the director, made to cater to a majority Hindu audience with potentially anti muslim views.

So can you really equate them? Does it cause some sort of a moral dilemma in the banning of either one or both?

This is a civics question even an elementary level student can answer.

They are not banned for hte same reason, becaue we dont even know the reason for why Indian Tom Cruise got all the Arab knickers in a twist. But let us dissect your preposturous analogy.

One one side: BBC makes a "fact based" documentary which is banned in India because it makes the head despot look bad. It was a documentary based on his role in Gujarat massacre, which also ended in him getting a ban from the US and perhaps other countries. Would it have caused riots in the country? Who knows? Are Indians going to go riot over a documentary that has facts? If so, it only portrays the country in poor light.

On the other: a fictional movie with a theme most likely residing in fictional events, characters, etc. not based on actual events, with themes dependent on the director, made to cater to a majority Hindu audience with potentially anti muslim views.

So can you really equate them? Does it cause some sort of a moral dilemma in the banning of either one or both?

Both are banned for the same reason i.e to stop fuelling

BBC's documentary was clearly not fact based as legally and as per Supreme Court of India Modi was expelled of all charges. So not sure what those facts were but British PM himself rejected the movie in the house of Commons as a character assassination.

The broader point is Indian govt percieved that BBC documentary as propaganda film which could have fuelled hindu-muslim tension in India. Similarly middle eastern govt has banned this film as it could have caused conflicts between Indian and Pakistani community living there. I have no issues with both but quiet amazed that people who has debated to the death here condemning Indian govt for banning BBC documentary are applauding Middle eastern govt for exactly doing the same. The same BBC, if I may add, became a villain during FIFA World cup for exposing human rights issue in Qatar.

still curious to know why they banned this movie?

I watched the trailer and couldn't really get much from that. Lots of apeing of Hollywood, Deepika looking sexy on a motorbike, Hritik looking like a wax dummy pronouncing terRrowrist in a thick accent. Maybe they banned it for depicting Asia in a bad light? :unsure:

I watched the trailer and couldn't really get much from that. Lots of apeing of Hollywood, Deepika looking sexy on a motorbike, Hritik looking like a wax dummy pronouncing terRrowrist in a thick accent. Maybe they banned it for depicting Asia in a bad light? :unsure:
You wanna hear something funny?
I just read the plot in Wikipedia and it reads like an edited version of my posts in this thread made in jest.

They actually made a movie in which their Tom Cruise / Vin Diesel takes on Pakistan Air Force and infiltrates Pakistan to rescue a prisoner. ROFL

You wanna hear something funny?
I just read the plot in Wikipedia and it reads like an edited version of my posts in this thread made in jest.

They actually made a movie in which their Tom Cruise / Vin Diesel takes on Pakistan Air Force and infiltrates Pakistan to rescue a prisoner. ROFL
No surprises. That’s the same plot for at least 50 different movies in the last 10-15 years in the same genre and on the same topic. The topic? Pakistan.

Pakistanis got their share of the land in 1947 but also got the share of these people’s minds where they also live rent free.

Pakistan is an enemy country even to this day. Bollywood is simply trying to mint money over this. No one is forcing Muslim neighbors to watch it.

Just read your version now. It's embarrassingly close to the official film version. 🤣
Right down to the Pakistai pilot wearing eye liner and the hero losing his lady love to the evil Pakistanis. They got totally pwned by us during the whole Abhinandan episode and here we are with the parosees turning the whole thing into a sort of histrocial victory for themselves. What I wrote was in jest and sarcasm but somehow we all knew it would hit pretty close to home and it did. All of it!

Ain't that something?

Bollywood films have stopped to abyssmal depths, in their anti Pakistan propaganda, pandering to hindu nationalists. WHATEVER happened to less cheesier boy meets girl, phadda, romeo juliet themes or good old fashioned revenge action stuff they used to be popular for?

Right down to the Pakistai pilot wearing eye liner and the hero losing his lady love to the evil Pakistanis. They got totally pwned by us during the whole Abhinandan episode and here we are with the parosees turning the whole thing into a sort of histrocial victory for themselves. What I wrote was in jest and sarcasm but somehow we all knew it would hit pretty close to home and it did. All of it!

Ain't that something?

Bollywood films have stopped to abyssmal depths, in their anti Pakistan propaganda, pandering to hindu nationalists. WHATEVER happened to less cheesier boy meets girl, phadda, romeo juliet themes or good old fashioned revenge action stuff they used to be popular for? Now unless they show at least one evil dude who is Muslim and has links to Pakistanis, seems like director ki potty nahi nikalti aram se.

If you look up the trailer for this film you can see quite a lot of Pakistanis (actually based in Pakistan) are cringeing at how blatant the propaganda is, and worse than that, I saw one guy who was genuinely disappointed that children watching these films are going to grow up with this sense of hatred. But maybe that's the plan.

Bollywood films have stopped to abyssmal depths, in their anti Pakistan propaganda, pandering to hindu nationalists. WHATEVER happened to less cheesier boy meets girl, phadda, romeo juliet themes or good old fashioned revenge action stuff they used to be popular for?

Tens of millions of Pakistanis are queuing up to watch these films. They love Bollywood !

Tens of millions of Pakistanis are queuing up to watch these films. They love Bollywood !

They do, but I think they go for the more traditional Bollywood fare, handsome hero and beautiful heroine dancing round trees sorta crap. I think all this Pakistan bashing stuff leaves them scratching their heads. Pakistanis are too simple to understand what's going on, it's us neutrals outside of the continent who see the wider picture.

The movie cost 250 cr Indian rupees to make.

The 20 min Abhinandan tea scene followed by 20 min IK parliament scene can be watched for free by everyone.

Where are they lining up? I don’t see any in my area (in the US) anxious about watching such films. And obviously if they are banned in Pakistan and majority Muslim states, nobody can watch them.

The movie cost 250 cr Indian rupees to make.

The 20 min Abhinandan tea scene followed by 20 min IK parliament scene can be watched for free by everyone.
And those are real and authentic!

Where are they lining up? I don’t see any in my area (in the US) anxious about watching such films. And obviously if they are banned in Pakistan and majority Muslim states, nobody can watch them.

They're lining up at their local video parlours that sell pirated content. They scramble for indian films. I've heard countless stories of a massive black market hawking Indian goods, particularly during the Musharraf days.

Pakistanis are too simple to understand what's going on, it's us neutrals outside of the continent who see the wider picture.

It doesn't matter. Pakistanis are ravenous for Indian content, propaganda or not. It's an addiction that cannot be sated unless Pakistan develops its own film industry.

It doesn't matter. Pakistanis are ravenous for Indian content, propaganda or not. It's an addiction that cannot be sated unless Pakistan develops its own film industry.

I'm not disagreeing with you, the bit which you've left out of my quote is the qualifier though. Do you really think Pakistani are going to watch films like Fighter? That's made for the home market.

ROFLMAO, this is too good. Five years on and it still hurts.

They know they can't mess with PAF so make a movie of made up events.

I'm not disagreeing with you, the bit which you've left out of my quote is the qualifier though. Do you really think Pakistani are going to watch films like Fighter? That's made for the home market.
Yeah I don’t see Pakistanis too eager to watch even pirated editions of such content.

I can understand super conservative countries like Qatar or Oman or Bahrain banning Bollywood movies. If MBS and Saudis want their country to embrace modernity like UAE, they should allow certain content. It is silly to ban movies.

You need to get out a bit more.

They will. As you know Imran Khan, the one true civilian leader Pakistan had, is in jail and the people in Pakistan are super angry at the 'establishment' for putting their beloved leader in custody. Many are probably thinking to themselves, 'Maybe India was right all this time about our khaki elite'.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the local population in Pak who watch Fighter are silently rooting for Hrithik and Deepika and hope they are succesful in their mission to neutralise the enemy.

They will. As you know Imran Khan, the one true civilian leader Pakistan had, is in jail and the people in Pakistan are super angry at the 'establishment' for putting their beloved leader in custody. Many are probably thinking to themselves, 'Maybe India was right all this time about our khaki elite'.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the local population in Pak who watch Fighter are silently rooting for Hrithik and Deepika and hope they are succesful in their mission to neutralise the enemy.
Bhai, abhi tinay halaat bhi buray nahi huey. Its the top leadership thats ghaleez. the soldier on the wall who puts his life on the line for the country is much loved (and should be) by our people.

You think Pak public would prefer the Indian Air force to take over Pakistan. lol. Maybe a year later, they will bomb Faisal majid thinking a temple was underneath.

Because of garbage such as this, I stopped watching Indian films a while back. Some of their independent stuff on non traditional streaming channels is good but mainstream bollywood is all about Pathans, Tiger, Fighter, like crap. Now they have everyone trying to be the next Sunny Deol with anti Pakistan agenda to rake in the money.

The wiki you linked references an event that occurred in 1996, as of 2023 cinemas are open in Afghanistan.

Some Afghan cinemas have been reopened after a year of being closed. The cinemas are due to display 37 movies and documentaries.

I specified Afghanistan in my original comment because I knew you'd try to point it out as a gotcha.

Because of garbage such as this, I stopped watching Indian films a while back. Some of their independent stuff on non traditional streaming channels is good but mainstream bollywood is all about Pathans, Tiger, Fighter, like crap. Now they have everyone trying to be the next Sunny Deol with anti Pakistan agenda to rake in the money.
Hopefully they stick to Sunny Deol not start to make propoganda movies with another famous Sunny in a lead role.

They're lining up at their local video parlours that sell pirated content. They scramble for indian films. I've heard countless stories of a massive black market hawking Indian goods, particularly during the Musharraf days.
This was true up until 2009-10. Bollywood has seriously fallen off since, it’s become less about art and more about propaganda. The quality just isn’t there. I’m sure you realize this too.

Up until mid to late 2000s I do recall hype around bollywood movies as well in Pak.

No one cares these days though.

This movie is nothing but another addition to non-sense and illogical Propaganda that is far far far away from reality and everybody knows that.

Same, stopped watching years ago.
This movie is nothing but another addition to non-sense and illogical Propaganda that is far far far away from reality and everybody knows that.
Any news on the justification for the ban aside from vague statements? Bollywood movies are money makers in the gulf so a decision like this wouldn't be taken lightly, I understand its now banned in the UAE too?

The wiki you linked references an event that occurred in 1996, as of 2023 cinemas are open in Afghanistan.

I specified Afghanistan in my original co
"Taliban leaders are touting the success of so-called media reforms which bar state and private TV channels in Afghanistan from showing programs considered indecent — such as foreign movies or songs by female singers — or any content that is critical of Islam or the Taliban themselves.

“Ninety-five percent of the visual and audio media outlets in the country have been reformed,” Hayatullah Mohajir Farahi, deputy information and culture minister in the Taliban’s caretaker Cabinet, told a press conference in Kabul Tuesday.

To implement its regulations, the Taliban leadership has set up a media monitoring office that screens every broadcast program for full compliance with strict Islamic and political preferences.

In practice, experts say, the so-called reforms amount to extensive censorship of a seriously weakened Afghan media. Among other restrictions, the Taliban have ordered female anchors to wear facemasks and headscarves when presenting TV programs.
"

They have reformed or changed their views on movies slightly. But all the content shown in movies and electronic media has to go through Taliban censorship. Which means nothing entertaining passes through Taliban filters. They might as well shot down everything. They are just pretending to appear slightly moderate. But failed badly.

"Taliban leaders are touting the success of so-called media reforms which bar state and private TV channels in Afghanistan from showing programs considered indecent — such as foreign movies or songs by female singers — or any content that is critical of Islam or the Taliban themselves.

“Ninety-five percent of the visual and audio media outlets in the country have been reformed,” Hayatullah Mohajir Farahi, deputy information and culture minister in the Taliban’s caretaker Cabinet, told a press conference in Kabul Tuesday.

To implement its regulations, the Taliban leadership has set up a media monitoring office that screens every broadcast program for full compliance with strict Islamic and political preferences.

In practice, experts say, the so-called reforms amount to extensive censorship of a seriously weakened Afghan media. Among other restrictions, the Taliban have ordered female anchors to wear facemasks and headscarves when presenting TV programs.
"

They have reformed or changed their views on movies slightly. But all the content shown in movies and electronic media has to go through Taliban censorship. Which means nothing entertaining passes through Taliban filters. They might as well shot down everything. They are just pretending to appear slightly moderate. But failed badly.
How many times do you want to change the goalposts? Just say you were wrong and be done with it.

We aren't talking about the content, we are talking about the availability of big screens that can be used to watch foreign and domestic films. And those screens are available in Afghanistan.

I didn't say that Afghanistan is "moderate", I said that cinemas currently operate in Afghanistan, but you claimed otherwise, which forced me to provide a source for my claim, which you haven't been able to debunk, causing you to resort to logical fallacies.

Not to mention the fact that the article you're quoting is talking about TV broadcasts and not cinemas.

As I said before, you got it wrong from the start. Move on.

How many times do you want to change the goalposts? Just say you were wrong and be done with it.

We aren't talking about the content, we are talking about the availability of big screens that can be used to watch foreign and domestic films. And those screens are available in Afghanistan.

I didn't say that Afghanistan is "moderate", I said that cinemas currently operate in Afghanistan, but you claimed otherwise, which forced me to provide a source for my claim, which you haven't been able to debunk, causing you to resort to logical fallacies.

Not to mention the fact that the article you're quoting is talking about TV broadcasts and not cinemas.

As I said before, you got it wrong from the start. Move on.
Keep telling it to yourself that these countries allow normal content that all western countries allow in their movies. Opening Cinemas that passes through Taliban censorship means nothing what we consider normal gets through.

Taliban has a media monitoring office. This includes Cinemas. So try again.

Keep telling it to yourself that these countries allow normal content that all western countries allow in their movies. Opening Cinemas that passes through Taliban censorship means nothing what we consider normal gets through.

Taliban has a media monitoring office. This includes Cinemas. So try again.
What's with you? I simply corrected your misunderstanding with facts.

The question you raised was directly related to the existence of cinemas in certain countries, not censorship. What you're doing right now is attempting to change the topic because you got caught lacking.

I'll repeat one last time, you lied and claimed that Afg has no cinemas, when in fact Afg does have cinemas that are operating as we speak. IDK why you're so stuck up on this issue.

Censorship is a whole different discussion. It's ironic that you'd want to dive into that topic given that india engages in censorship itself of things it considers taboo. E.g. adult scenes, hurting religious sentiments, Kashmir, etc.

The only argument you can make is that Afg passes an arbitrary benchmark of censorship that Ind doesn't since both countries do indeed censor foreign and domestic films and TV shows, which again would be off-topic.

Technically, this 'fighter' film also got censored, since it's not releasing in the ME at all. Shall we start saying that the cinema industry of Dubai and by extension the ME doesn't exist because they aren't releasing this film? Try to think logically about this next time.

Back