Aamir Khan refuses to release Dangal in Pakistan without National Anthem

Watched Dangal recently - very well made film with some great performances in it.

Amir Khan really is a wonderful actor.

I am not interested in movies on Indian wrestlers or boxers. Why should Pak glorify Indian sports people by showing their movies in our country??

People watch the movie because of the human story, not because it is Indian. The movie made more money in China than it did in India.

The national anthem playing is hardly anything for anyone to be afraid of, it is a pretty standard occurrence in sports. I hear the national anthem of many different countries when I watch international tournaments. To the best of my knowledge it hasn't caused me any kind of brain damage.

People watch the movie because of the human story, not because it is Indian. The movie made more money in China than it did in India.

The national anthem playing is hardly anything for anyone to be afraid of, it is a pretty standard occurrence in sports. I hear the national anthem of many different countries when I watch international tournaments. To the best of my knowledge it hasn't caused me any kind of brain damage.

I agree. I think it was a valid request but ultimately Amir's decision, they should have gone through with it nonetheless. Trivial issue

Ridiculous demand from Pakistani censor board, and I'm a patriotic Pakistani and I think Amir Khan has a valid point here.

Saw it recently. Brilliant movie would have resonated so well with majority of Pakistanis. Stupid decision by our censor board.

How women are prevented from participating in sports because "log kya kahien gaye"

Same in Pakistan?

Duniya mein sabse bada rog,
Ki kya kahenge log.

Log sirf 4 lafz kehte hai, " Lo wo Mar Gaya".

Same in Pakistan?

Duniya mein sabse bada rog,
Ki kya kahenge log.

Log sirf 4 lafz kehte hai, " Lo wo Mar Gaya".

My mum used that line on me when I was a kid everytime I did something she did not like, log kya kahein ge :))

This does not apply to the Indo-Pak situation at all. When you don't allow our movies in your country why should we do yours? Your so called heroes like Mary Kom and Mika Singh mean nothing to us neither do I remotely admire them. They are nothing at all on the world scene. Play your national anthem in your own country not in Pakistan as people like me have no respect for it at all. All other national anthems are fine by me but not he one of the sworn enemy played in our country.

This. 10-12 crores is worth spending to live your life in relative peace.

Correct. The Hindutva Brigade in India would have been calling for his head if he agreed to such a move. Not worth the risk for him or his family.

Remember his wife was feeling unsafe over the growing religion extremism against Muslims in India and was contemplating about settling in some other country.

Back