(Finally) End of Mohammad Amir's career?

Is Mohammad Amir's Intl career over?

• Yes

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters

FlickedOffHips

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Is this the end of Mohammad Amir's International career? Or do you think he will stick around? OR will he be given the boot by the PCB?

What a strange career. The highs, the lows, the ban, the return, the premature retirement.. and now an unsuccessful comeback( although I thought he bowled well APART from that crucial SO vs USA).

He's only 32, which is staggering to believe. It feels like he's been around forever and he's had several lives worth of drama in a very short space of time.

What next for Amir?

He can probably hang on till the CT next year in Pakistan but I'm not sure if he has the legs for ODIs anymore (but neither do the rest). He bowled well in both games excluding the superover Vs USA.

He's an ok bowler. On the same level as our other bowlers.

I think he could play on if he has the desire but our expectations should be tempered a bit.

Indeed I think most fans expectations have been downgraded anyway after the disastrous super over that many are calling the worst handling of a pressure situations in sport. He went from being a champion mindset player before the tournament to being lauded for being out best bowler against Canada.

If he and the fans are happy with him operating at this sort of level then he could play ODIs if has the desire. He isn't a bad bowler by any means.

Amir is gonna retire soon and his only focus will be to play leagues. He was brought back for world cup only I guess. Let's see. Will be sure in next few days.

He was bowling 90mph in the WC. He is only 32 and hasn't bowled in tests/fc that much over last 14 years.

Is Tiger Mein Abhi Jaan Baaki Hai! :tigers

Aamir didnt have it in him to bowl more than 4 overs anyway. Not since 2020.

That's partly because of his fake age and partly because his body was breaking
down.

He is around 35 now and the only reason he even made it to this World T20 is because Pakistan don't have significantly better options and Aamir has experience.

Even in this World T20, he was better than other PAK seamers apart from that disastrous Super Over.

By 2026 , he will be 37. So I don't seem him making it.

Obviously the super over was a disaster but that aside I think he has bowled well. Let’s see how he does in a few more matches. In reality Pakistan need a squad of about 7-8 all weather fast bowlers (not one or two that bowl as fast as possible in a brain dead manner). Amir swings it both ways has decent speed and a fair bit of bowling intelligence. With good bowling partners he can be effective until the next lot (Wasim, A afridi and Mohammed Ali) are genuinely ready. They are all right armers and Naseem is quite short. I don’t see what can be gained by discarding Amir just now. Maybe he will be made captain of the white ball team. You just never know.

Amir has been trying to do the impossible since 2010.

He has been away from international cricket for years at a time and he expects each time to come back and start performing against international quality players in crunch situations.

I feel like if he had listened to Hafeez and come back 6 months earlier, he wouldve been the best bowler for pakistan currently.

Depends on if he wants to give it his all. 148 kph speeds still at his age / as fast as haris rauf is incredible.

That is a very big “apart”.

It is like a serial killer saying that I have been a good person all my life apart from the fact that I have murdered 20 people.

What do you say about shaheen the 3rd best bowler after imran and wasim in pakistan.

Who averaged 40 on bowling friendly pitches

When amir haris and naseem averaged below 15

That is a very big “apart”.

It is like a serial killer saying that I have been a good person all my life apart from the fact that I have murdered 20 people.
What does serial killers have anything to do with this? 😂😂.

What a funny analogy.

What's he going to stick around for?

The next T20 WC is in 2026 he doesn't play any other format than T20.

Doesn't make sense of him staying on nor do I think he will either. I'm sure in the coming weeks we will hear him calling it quits himself before they do some spring cleaning.

How many times will his career end, only for him to come back again .... and then to retire again?

But why he was brought back after so many issues with him, though he bowled well in this tournament.
How many times a Pakistani player should retire, till we can confirm that his career is over?

Reports are say that everyone is being dismissed, including Wahab and Azhar Mahmood. Babar, Naseem, Amir, and Fakhar will be retained, and the new team will be built around them.

Reports are say that everyone is being dismissed, including Wahab and Azhar Mahmood. Babar, Naseem, Amir, and Fakhar will be retained, and the new team will be built around them.
Amir will retire himself. He only wants tournament and leagues

Fakhar Zaman is 34.
He will be 36 next t20 world cup.

Surely PCB need to look beyond him in T20s.

These 4 shouldn't play T20Is again given their age.

Imad
Amir
Chacha
Fakhar

What’s the point of retaining Aamir? He cannot bowl beyond 4 overs so he won’t be playing in CT.

The next T20 WC is in 2 years, so who knows what is his status then?

How many times will his career end, only for him to come back again .... and then to retire again?
When you keep writing off class players, this is what happens.

He’ll be back soon

What does serial killers have anything to do with this? 😂😂.

What a funny analogy.

These lads have murdered Palis
As I said in another thread Amir left our cricket for dead in his teenage years with his no balls and then came back in his later life to bury it with his wides.

Serial killer is an apt description.

Reap what you sow. We deserve this. Shameful to bring him back ever.

What do you say about shaheen the 3rd best bowler after imran and wasim in pakistan.

Who averaged 40 on bowling friendly pitches

When amir haris and naseem averaged below 15
It is disappointing that Babar trusted Amir with the Super Over not Shaheen.

Shaheen wouldn’t have bowled 3 wides and conceded 18.

Any other bowler bowling the Super Over and Pakistan could have still been in contention for the Super 8.

Amir let Pakistan down once again. A disgraceful individual. Always was and always will be.

No one in Pakistan retires with honor and on their own, if great Ws couldn't retire with honor then this guy will be booted first and then will retire in oblivion.

I think Amir can still play till 2025 CT or even World Cup 2027. He is only 32 (official age).

Amir was included for his Caribbean experience (apart from other misguided reasons) and the irony is that the team never reached there.. 😊

Won us the T20 World Cup 2009 and Champions Trophy in 2017.

He has achieved more than Shaheen ever will.

He is done now...

He is the reason we are out of this World Cup. If he can't perform under pressure so there is no point keeping him in the team.

Back