Freedom of speech or mockery? Charlie Hebdo cartoon on Turkey earthquake draws ire

1. Because the nation of France was not complicit in the earthquake as it was in the Holocaust

2. Because the cartoon attacks the Erdoyan government, not the victims, so is punching up not down.

Come on, this is really straightforward stuff. It’s astonishing that I have to explain it.

Yep. Thanks for the explanation.

However, I am a firm believer that we should make wise choices because in the end, we will be responsible for our choices.

I guess we are all free to our opinion and allowed to express it freely. Some people make choices along the lines of what Charlie Hebdo did, while others make choices like this.

Anonymous Pakistani donor gives stunning $30M toward earthquake victims of Turkey

https://nypost.com/2023/02/12/anonymous-donor-gives-30m-toward-earthquake-victims/

Yep. Thanks for the explanation.

However, I am a firm believer that we should make wise choices because in the end, we will be responsible for our choices.

I guess we are all free to our opinion and allowed to express it freely. Some people make choices along the lines of what Charlie Hebdo did, while others make choices like this.

Anonymous Pakistani donor gives stunning $30M toward earthquake victims of Turkey

I’ve already said I think the Hebdo cartoon is obnoxious. Just because someone has the legal right to criticise a government, doesn’t mean one should be crass and unfeeling.

Of course there are some people who criticise for the sake of it, and others who roll their sleeves up and get involved.

As i always argue that there is a limit to freedom of speech. Where are those who say freedom of speech should have no limits?

If someone insults you are family , you are well within your rights to slap the person. People will support you and ridicule the other person.

When you behead someone for even saying the most disgusting things then automatically that person becomes the victim even if it was his original mistake and it changes the perspectives.

That’s the point everyone is making.

Still defending people who are doing these acts with monkey balancing with so and so was inappropriate spoils the semantics even more and gives a poor picture.

Best solution is to ignore such people. Even though lives were lost in the long run it’s the publication that got more undeserving publicity and only fanned more islamophobia.

If people cannot understand that, it is what it is.

The usual suspects hyperventilating and giving Hebdo more publicity, nothing to see here.

Hope there is no incident on the ground like the last few times.

If someone insults you are family , you are well within your rights to slap the person. People will support you and ridicule the other person.

When you behead someone for even saying the most disgusting things then automatically that person becomes the victim even if it was his original mistake and it changes the perspectives.

That’s the point everyone is making.

Still defending people who are doing these acts with monkey balancing with so and so was inappropriate spoils the semantics even more and gives a poor picture.

Best solution is to ignore such people. Even though lives were lost in the long run it’s the publication that got more undeserving publicity and only fanned more islamophobia.

If people cannot understand that, it is what it is.

The usual suspects jumping in to defend Hedbdo's opportunistic jab at Turkey even in the midst of a disaster where tens of thousands have died.

The usual suspects jumping in to defend Hedbdo's opportunistic jab at Turkey even in the midst of a disaster where tens of thousands have died.

What part of my sentence gave you the impression I was supporting them?

As a “Britisher” living right next to “France” did you hear about this publication before you saw a thread in Pak passion during that time?

Videos show Turkey's Erdogan boasted letting builders avoid earthquake codes

Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan visits the city center destroyed by last the Feb. 6 earthquake in Kahramanmaras, southern Turkey, on Feb. 8.
Turkish Presidency via AP

ISTANBUL — As Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan struggles to defend his response to last Monday's devastating 7.8 magnitude earthquake, videos from a few years back have emerged showing him hailing some of the housing projects that crumbled, killing thousands of people.

Critics say contractors were allowed to skip crucial safety regulations, increasing their profits but putting residents at risk.

The videos have fueled public outrage over slow efforts to help residents in the aftermath of the massive earthquake — the world's deadliest in over a decade — that killed more than 35,000 people in Turkey and neighboring Syria, and left many injured and without a home, food or heating in the middle of winter.

As the earthquake death toll soars, so does criticism of Turkey's government response
WORLD
As the earthquake death toll soars, so does criticism of Turkey's government response
In one video, taken during a campaign stop ahead of Turkey's March 2019 local elections, Erdogan listed some of his government's top achievements — including new housing for the city of Kahramanmaras, also known as Maras, near the epicenter of last week's quake.

Rescuers keep digging for survivors a week after the Turkey-Syria earthquake
"We solved the problem of 144,156 citizens of Maras with zoning amnesty," Erdogan said, using his term for the construction amnesties handed out to allow contractors to ignore the safety codes that had been put on the books specifically to make apartment blocks, houses and office buildings more resistant to earthquakes.

Engineers and architects say the lack of safety features designed to absorb the shock of earthquakes likely contributed to the soaring death toll.

A Turkish soldier walks by destroyed buildings in Hatay, on Sunday, nearly a week after a 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck the country's southeast.
Yasin Akgul/AFP via Getty Images
In another 2019 campaign stop, in southern Turkey's Hatay province, Erdogan was again eager to tout the housing his government was creating.

"We have solved the problems of 205,000 citizens of Hatay with zoning peace," he said, using another name for the amnesties being used to facilitate construction practices that could leave buildings unable to withstand earthquakes.

The videos were reported by Turkish news sites such as Duvar and Diken, and have circulated widely.

Duvar cited a senior Istanbul city official, Bugra Gokce, who gave a breakdown of the tens of thousands of building amnesty certificates granted before the 2018 general election in 10 provinces struck by the earthquake. They included more than 40,000 amnesty certificates in the hard-hit Gaziantep province, the official said.

The amnesty meant that some builders had to pay a fine but their construction projects could go forward if they didn't meet code restrictions, according to Turkish media reports.

2019 video of Erdoğan praising zoning amnesty in quake-hit province goes viral

A 2019 video of President Erdoğan in which he boasts about his government's zoning amnesty laws in the southeastern Kahramanmaraş province has gone viral. The province is one of the 10 provinces in which thousands of buildings have collapsed after two major earthquakes hit the region on Feb. 6.
Duvar English

A 2019 video of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in which he boasts about the construction amnesty granted in the earthquake-stricken southeastern Kahramanmaraş province has gone viral on social media.

Prior to March 31, 2019 local elections, Erdoğan had addressed Kahramanmaraş citizens during a rally, saying: "We have solved the problems of 144,556 Kahramanmaraş citizens with the (construction) amnesty."

Erdoğan had similarly boasted about his government's amnesty move during rallies in the other quake-stricken provinces of Malatya and Hatay, as he was touring the country for the 2019 elections.

Buildings in all of these three provinces have suffered extensive destruction in the aftermath of two major earthquakes on Feb. 6 as still thousands are believed to be under rubble.

Istanbul Union of Chambers of Engineers and Urban Planners chair, Pelin Pinar Giritlioglu, approximated that nearly 75,000 buildings in the region affected by the quakes have been granted such “amnesties,” according to an interview with the BBC. If a building is granted an amnesty and the relevant fine is paid, the structure is not demolished even though it does not meet the relevant requirements listed in the building and earthquake regulations.

In 2018, even the Urbanization Ministry acknowledged that half of the structures in Turkey did not adhere to the relevant regulations.

Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Deputy Secretary General Dr. Buğra Gökçe announced on Feb. 10 that 3.1 million buildings were granted amnesty before the 2018 general elections. The number of buildings that were granted amnesty in the ten provinces affected by the quakes is 294,165.

The number of building amnesty certificates given in the relevant provinces is as follows: 59,247 in Adana, 10,629 in Adıyaman, 14,719 in Diyarbakır, 40,224 in Gaziantep, 56,464 in Hatay, 39,58 in Kahramanmaraş, 4,897 in Kilis, 22, 299 in Malatya, 21,107 in Osmaniye, and 25,521 in Şanlıurfa

In May 2018 when the most recent zoning amnesty law was adopted, the government made the equivalent of US$2 billion in revenue as a result, according to online news outlet Asia Times.

In a tweet in 2013, on the anniversary of Aug. 17, 1999 Marmara earthquake, President Erdoğan had said: "Buildings kill, not earthquakes. We need to learn to live with earthquakes and take measures accordingly."

Erdogan has blood on his hands. Hopefully he is voted out if elections are held. Would love to see the back if thus wanna be calipha

I'm sure there are other threads to continue the India vs Pakistan insult contest, not this one.

Erdogan has blood on his hands. Hopefully he is voted out if elections are held. Would love to see the back if thus wanna be calipha

But America doesnt? There have been demands for Yanks to stop their sanctions as vital food and equipment cant enter due to this, people are dying due to this but in your head , America cant have blood on its hands ,,,ever and ever and your will fly your flag , kissing it before bed?

But America doesnt? There have been demands for Yanks to stop their sanctions as vital food and equipment cant enter due to this, people are dying due to this but in your head , America cant have blood on its hands ,,,ever and ever and your will fly your flag , kissing it before bed?

In my experience, if you want to know the liberal view on any subject, just read the ZMSM. It is full of holes and hypocrisy. They just parrot the same sound bites and headlines, but never any thought of their own.

Just watch, Liberals will come out with the "2 wrongs don't make a right" nonsense, and we have already seen how some have justified the offence caused by this cartoon to the innocent victims of the Earthquake, as an attack on the Turkish government.

This is the liberal practice of 'Free Speech/Expression'.

In my experience, if you want to know the liberal view on any subject, just read the ZMSM. It is full of holes and hypocrisy. They just parrot the same sound bites and headlines, but never any thought of their own.

Just watch, Liberals will come out with the "2 wrongs don't make a right" nonsense, and we have already seen how some have justified the offence caused by this cartoon to the innocent victims of the Earthquake, as an attack on the Turkish government.

This is the liberal practice of 'Free Speech/Expression'.

They believe in their masters too much, Master A says the sky is green, they wont look out the window to check.

The US sanctions on Syria caused the death of many people. Now after a huge backlash, the Yanks placed hold on certain sanctions to show the world they are good guys but only for 18 months. But even this wont be enough, as companies will not send aid through financial methods. Try to send money to Syria, its very difficult and you may even been flagged by intelligence services.

America has blood on it’s hands also. Ok now what. Are you still going to suck up to the calipha. Your arguments are so juvenile

So kingkhan. I have denounced America now. Actually I denounce their foreign policy all the time. I bet you can’t find a single message from me saying otherwise. So now you denounce and agree that erdogan has blood on his hands?? Run along now?

They believe in their masters too much, Master A says the sky is green, they wont look out the window to check.

The US sanctions on Syria caused the death of many people. Now after a huge backlash, the Yanks placed hold on certain sanctions to show the world they are good guys but only for 18 months. But even this wont be enough, as companies will not send aid through financial methods. Try to send money to Syria, its very difficult and you may even been flagged by intelligence services.

US Sanctions alone have killed millions one way or another, and I am not even counting the wars in the ME.

Though what we have learned, especially in the past 2 decades, is that the warmongering Liberals in the West view the blood of an Arab, less, than the blood of a European/Amreekan.

US Sanctions alone have killed millions one way or another, and I am not even counting the wars in the ME.

Though what we have learned, especially in the past 2 decades, is that the warmongering Liberals in the West view the blood of an Arab, less, than the blood of a European/Amreekan.
Yes they have. Shame on the west. Also don’t forget your calipha. He bombed the hell out of syrians. Do shed some tears for them also.

Last edited by a moderator:
So kingkhan. I have denounced America now. Actually I denounce their foreign policy all the time. I bet you can’t find a single message from me saying otherwise. So now you denounce and agree that erdogan has blood on his hands?? Run along now?

Who has killed more Muslims or whose polices have ? Erdogan or America? And whoever you choose explain why they have caused so many deaths and placed so many sanctions on nations which are suffering?

Just say you will support erdogan to the end. He is the missing piece in the puzzle of identity crisis of your poor soul. That’s all you had to say playa

Just say you will support erdogan to the end. He is the missing piece in the puzzle of identity crisis of your poor soul. That’s all you had to say playa

Ok ill help you out . I dont support Erdogan. I was against him turning Hagia Sofia into a mosque and he is responsible for taking too long in this disaster, which I believe he has admitted.

Now do yourself some justice and a simple question alongside explain it. Who has killed more(Muslims) Erdogan or America and why from your choice?

Ok ill help you out . I dont support Erdogan. I was against him turning Hagia Sofia into a mosque and he is responsible for taking too long in this disaster, which I believe he has admitted.

Now do yourself some justice and a simple question alongside explain it. Who has killed more(Muslims) Erdogan or America and why from your choice?
I think a fair question would be ottomans or america has liked more people ? And for that I don’t have an answer. Both have a terrible history and nlood on hands. Please provide me a link where I have supported American foreign policies. None exist. What does exist is me saying I don’t support American foreign policies.

Also you sent a big light on erdogan
1: his son killed someone years back. He made that go away as he was mayor of istanbul
2: he had put all his relatives i pier positions. His son In law as finance minister. As you may know Turkish embassy is in the drain .
3 : family is accused of corruption
4: changed the constitution so he could stay in power
5 has put journalist on prison. Turkey ranks on the low end for journalistic freedom
6 : talks down to women. Under him the gender inequality index ranking Turkey has slipped many slots
7 : bombed and killed thousands of syrians , Kurds.
8: and this one regarding this thread . Boasted that he did not follow the building codes for earthquake protocol. ( in exchange for money). Hence the situation turkey faces now. See video . The buildings collapsed because they were not built properly. He boasted about that .

Abetter comparison would be Ottoman vs American empire. Both have blood on their hands. Who killed more people. Thats a tough one. I honestly dont know the answer. Both are shameful entities. Also you are letting Erdogan off the hook too easy. His list of crimes is pretty long.

There is no law against. You can go ahead make cartoons. They have made nasty cartoons about Jews. Just google it. The thing is they did not get much reaction so they moved ahead. They are looking for a reaction. And Muslims provide one every time.

Care to post anything by them on Holocaust? From what I recall they tried once and it was taken down in an instant

I think a fair question would be ottomans or america has liked more people ? And for that I don’t have an answer. Both have a terrible history and nlood on hands. Please provide me a link where I have supported American foreign policies. None exist. What does exist is me saying I don’t support American foreign policies.

Killed not liked

Care to post anything by them on Holocaust? From what I recall they tried once and it was taken down in an instant

Holocaust denial is illegal in France - to force the French to face their complicity. Some 13,000 Jews were rounded up by the gendarmerie and handed to the Nazis.

You have warmongers here who deny the genocide of Bosnian Muslims where NATO was complicit, and you are free to deny this fact.

When it come to the Holocaust, denial is illegal.

Remember, you do not need a law to protect the truth, but you need laws to protect lies.

You have warmongers here who deny the genocide of Bosnian Muslims where NATO was complicit, and you are free to deny this fact.

Remember, you do not need a law to protect the truth, but you need laws to protect lies.

Who is denying Bosnian holocaust here?

Someone on this forum justified American nuking of Japan in WW2 (that killed over 100K people).

Radical liberals go nuts about non-Muslim tragedies but often resort to what-about-ism when there are Muslim tragedies.

Do you have a time machine? :)))

Ottoman empire has long gone, America and Erdogan are here.

Your posts are daily attacks on Islam and Muslims like a Uncle Tom but unless questioned stay hush about American crimes.

Are you scared thinking Uncle Sam or Uncle Joe will come for you in the middle of the night ?

Your posts are daily attacks on Islam and Muslims like a Uncle Tom but unless questioned stay hush about American crimes.

Are you scared thinking Uncle Sam or Uncle Joe will come for you in the middle of the night ?

He's right to be scared to be fair, immigrants do need to be extra careful about what they can and can't say. If I was an American and I saw some ingrate Johnny foreigner coming here and having the nerve to criticise his new home, I'd apply the big boot before he'd unpacked his suitcase.

It’s better to compare two empires Not an individual and an empire. Basic stuff really, it seems you are not getting it. I think I have mentioned many times I don’t support American foreign policies . Both empires have blood on hand. Erdogan also bombed the helm out of Syrians and Kurds. I know he is you imagined calipha. . So hard for you to criticize. . Nobody is attacking Muslims. I am attacking a tin pot dictator who happens to be a Muslim. Stop playing the Victim
Card

Turkish community mosque in Hackney received a hate-filled letter on Wednesday (February 15) which has been described as ‘saddening and disturbing’ by the mosque director. The letter gloats about the recent earthquake in Turkey and Syria while expressing disappointment that more Muslims didn’t die.

AA17wbQE.img

Many Turkish and Syrian people living in London lost friends and family members in two powerful earthquakes that struck south eastern Turkey, along the Syrian border, on February 6. At least 41,000 people were killed in the disaster, with thousands more still unaccounted for after nine days.

Turkish community centres and mosques like Masjid Ramadan on Shacklewell Lane in Hackney have been collecting and organising the delivery of aid to the affected region. Erkin Guney, chairman of the mosque, said the Islamophobic abuse directed at the Muslim place of worship left him ‘without words’ during such a sensitive time for the community.

Showing the letter in his possession, he said: “We just received a letter today in the post and it’s very disturbing. As a Muslim and as a Turkish Cypriot, I can only pray for the person who sent it, because they need help.”

Erkin initially thought it was a letter of condolences when he read the first line, which reads: “This heartfelt letter is to express my sincerest sorrow about the events in Turkey and Syria.”

However, as he read on, he quickly realised it was anything but. The letter continues: “I wish to make it clear that it is not heartfelt sorrow that I feel that thousands of people died. I’m only sincerely sorry that more Muslims didn’t die.”

The person who sent the letter goes on to say the death toll was ‘nowhere near enough’ and that they’d hoped there would be ‘two million dead at the very minimum’. They also express their hope the earthquake ‘will be one of many more to come.’

The letter adds: “It is extremely comforting to know that many of your pointedly bearded attendees will undoubtedly have lost many family members following the earthquake. This has got to be the best news anyone who hates Muslims as much as I do could hear about. It’s simply fantastic!”

Visibly upset by the letter, Erkin said: “My stomach turns and at the same time I feel pity for this person because the people who have taught him to be this way saddens me.

“This person obviously has mental health conditions. It is a hate crime to wish that not enough of us died. This will be forwarded to the police.”

He added: “I don’t really know what else to say. I’m without words. I’m praying for them. They need help. I can’t believe the contents of this letter and that it was posted at a time when we are trying to help people who have lost their children, their mums, their dads…families.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...sedgntp&cvid=d4843088ef1942ceabf14c97a7cea114

Turkish community mosque in Hackney received a hate-filled letter on Wednesday (February 15) which has been described as ‘saddening and disturbing’ by the mosque director. The letter gloats about the recent earthquake in Turkey and Syria while expressing disappointment that more Muslims didn’t die.

AA17wbQE.img

Many Turkish and Syrian people living in London lost friends and family members in two powerful earthquakes that struck south eastern Turkey, along the Syrian border, on February 6. At least 41,000 people were killed in the disaster, with thousands more still unaccounted for after nine days.

Turkish community centres and mosques like Masjid Ramadan on Shacklewell Lane in Hackney have been collecting and organising the delivery of aid to the affected region. Erkin Guney, chairman of the mosque, said the Islamophobic abuse directed at the Muslim place of worship left him ‘without words’ during such a sensitive time for the community.

Showing the letter in his possession, he said: “We just received a letter today in the post and it’s very disturbing. As a Muslim and as a Turkish Cypriot, I can only pray for the person who sent it, because they need help.”

Erkin initially thought it was a letter of condolences when he read the first line, which reads: “This heartfelt letter is to express my sincerest sorrow about the events in Turkey and Syria.”

However, as he read on, he quickly realised it was anything but. The letter continues: “I wish to make it clear that it is not heartfelt sorrow that I feel that thousands of people died. I’m only sincerely sorry that more Muslims didn’t die.”

The person who sent the letter goes on to say the death toll was ‘nowhere near enough’ and that they’d hoped there would be ‘two million dead at the very minimum’. They also express their hope the earthquake ‘will be one of many more to come.’

The letter adds: “It is extremely comforting to know that many of your pointedly bearded attendees will undoubtedly have lost many family members following the earthquake. This has got to be the best news anyone who hates Muslims as much as I do could hear about. It’s simply fantastic!”

Visibly upset by the letter, Erkin said: “My stomach turns and at the same time I feel pity for this person because the people who have taught him to be this way saddens me.

“This person obviously has mental health conditions. It is a hate crime to wish that not enough of us died. This will be forwarded to the police.”

He added: “I don’t really know what else to say. I’m without words. I’m praying for them. They need help. I can’t believe the contents of this letter and that it was posted at a time when we are trying to help people who have lost their children, their mums, their dads…families.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...sedgntp&cvid=d4843088ef1942ceabf14c97a7cea114

Terrible people

AA17wbQE.img

The vermin who sent the letter is a miserable loser.

May Allah (SWT) guide the person or destroy him/her.

Awful letter. Anyone with that much rage in them needs psychotherapeutic help.

People shouldn't be jailed or murdered for drawing cartoons. Can we agree on this simple point ?
Agreed.. Should not happen, Not at all. People also should not be jailed, murdered or burnt for killing and eating animals and yet that happens in some countries as well. Will you agree with that?

Agreed.. Should not happen, Not at all. People also should not be jailed, murdered or burnt for killing and eating animals and yet that happens in some countries as well. Will you agree with that?

Agreed.

No, I dont agree. No one should be jailed or murdered. Shameful that you said that.
I still strongly disagree with you. In Islam we don't mock other religions and expect others to follow the same decency

I didn't miss anything. I can draw cartoons about other religious figures without living in fear of my life

I made the same point above but he completely missed it i guess
Let us approach this in a different manner.

I can draw Hindu dieties like Hanuman, Ganesh, etc in a neutral or positive light and they will probably hang that caricature on their walls and pray to it.

But if I draw them as two animals in unflattering light slinging their feces at each other in a zoo, obviously they will get hurt.

There is a vast difference in what you do or how you do it.

But I have to admit, regardless of what is done, Muslims should not be taking the law into their own hands and should respect human life. They should hold peaceful protests without hurting anyone, disrupting the peace or rioting.

But I have to admit, regardless of what is done, Muslims should not be taking the law into their own hands and should respect human life. They should hold peaceful protests without hurting anyone, disrupting the peace or rioting.

I don't care what muslims do in their own countries, what bothers me is how they are forcing this kind of behaviour in the West after immigrating - salman rushdie, danish cartoons, french teacher, charlie hebdo .. many such examples.

Expecting others and forcing them to is not the same.

Obviously I don't ecnourage making fun of any religious figure because it is rude and insensitive.
So why is it that some countries continue to make offensive and degrading caricatures of just the Prophet of Islam? They have done it repeatedly. I don't see them insulting dieties or religious figures of other faiths with as much pomp and show, publicity and pride and then the media and governments jump in to approve all that insulting behavior in the guise of freedom of speech.

They all completely tend to ignore the insulting nature of the expression of freedom of speech. If this happened to Hindus, I doubtg they wont lodge some sort of a protest and take actions against such people.

We have to admit where people are wrong, whether Muslims, Athiests, Hindus or Christians. If Muslims are to be held responsible and accountable for loss of life when they retaliate, you cannot simply stay silent or clap your hands in approval for the instigators.

I don't care what muslims do in their own countries, what bothers me is how they are forcing this kind of behaviour in the West after immigrating - salman rushdie, danish cartoons, french teacher, charlie hebdo .. many such examples.
If Muslim retaliation is bothering you so much, perhaps the non Muslim instigation should as well, or else one might accuse you of bias.

In fact, I can already sense it within you. Let me rephrase it. You WILL be accused of bias.

So why is it that some countries continue to make offensive and degrading caricatures of just the Prophet of Islam? They have done it repeatedly. I don't see them insulting dieties or religious figures of other faiths with as much pomp and show, publicity and pride and then the media and governments jump in to approve all that insulting behavior in the guise of freedom of speech.

If you think Jesus Christ hasn't been lampooned and made fun of in the West, then I don't know what to say about your ignorance. Start with the Monty Python films.

Even Hindus used to be pretty chill about this until the rightwing hindutva forces started becoming intolerant in the last decade since Modi got into power.

If Muslim retaliation is bothering you so much, perhaps the non Muslim instigation should as well, or else one might accuse you of bias.

You are making zero sense.

Here I am asking that Islam should be treated just like other religions in the West and somehow that makes me biased. Asking for equal treatment = bias ? :facepalm:

If you think Jesus Christ hasn't been lampooned and made fun of in the West, then I don't know what to say about your ignorance. Start with the Monty Python films.

Even Hindus used to be pretty chill about this until the right wing hindutva forces started bceoming intolerant in the last decade since Modi got to power.
There is a difference. In the west, its the people from the same culture and religion doing it. You are refusing to accept that it will hurt your sentiment if Hindu dieties are insulted by other religions. You reactions would also vary in intensity based on who did it. If a Christian did it, Muslim did it, or a fellow Hindu did it.

So let us not equate the west making fun of Christ or religion in general with a more targeted campaign by some against Holy Prophet of Islam because the latter is much more malicious in nature, than some light hearted jokes about Jesus to get a few laughs.

You are making zero sense.

Here I am asking that Islam should be treated just like other religions in the West and somehow that makes me biased. Asking for equal treatment = bias ? :facepalm:
Do you know the caricatures they made of the Holy Prophet pictured him with bombs and na'uzu'billah showed him as a terrorist? Do you decry that? Don't you think this is propaganda against Islam and Muslims in general and stereotyping us all as terrorists?

If a western news outlet publishes a negative piece of Modi it becomes a liberal left wing propaganda item that you guys love to decry, so why would you not abhor such anti Islam and Islamophobic expression? That's all I am asking you to do. Admit it that's wrong. I would stand with you and equally reject any offensive material against Jesus, Ram, Buddha. Is that not equal treatment for you?

That's all I am doing you to do. Not asking for anything different.

So let us not equate the west making fun of Christ or religion in general with a more targeted campaign by some against Holy Prophet of Islam because the latter is much more malicious in nature, than some light hearted jokes about Jesus to get a few laughs.

There were plenty of protests and controversy when Monty Python films were released in the 1970s. Nobody went to jail for it and nobody got murdered. That is how civilized societies behave.

There were plenty of protests and controversy when Monty Python films were released in the 1970s. Nobody went to jail for it and nobody got murdered. That is how civilized societies behave.
I have already accepted that any protests should be civil. I don't know what more do you want us to say.

It's like you keep asking us to denounce the violence but when we ask you to also admit that the instigation is malicious, you want to dodge that.

Do you know the caricatures they made of the Holy Prophet pictured him with bombs and nazubillah showed him as a terrorist? Do you decry that? Don't you think this is propaganda against Islam and Muslims in general and stereotyping us all as terrorists?

Of course, I condemn anything that is malicious or stereotypical. I just don't want anybody to go to jail or be murdered for it. Boycott them if u dont like their content.

I think your intention was to divert from the topic, which you have successfully done. Perhaps protecting your favorite demi God was the priority here and without us realizing the thread has veered into this direction. It seems clear to me people criticising Modi tend to generate a lot more extreme reactions out of Indian Hindus than the western media portraying the Prophet of Islam in a negative light.

Do you know the caricatures they made of the Holy Prophet pictured him with bombs and nazubillah showed him as a terrorist? Do you decry that? Don't you think this is propaganda against Islam and Muslims in general and stereotyping us all as terrorists?

If a western news outlet publishes a negative piece of Modi it becomes a liberal left wing propaganda item that you guys love to decry, so why would you not abhor such anti Islam and Islamophobic expression? That's all I am asking you to do. Admit it that's wrong. I would stand with you and equally reject any offensive material against Jesus, Ram, Buddha. Is that not equal treatment for you?

That's all I am doing you to do. Not asking for anything different.

Yes I am so biased that I want to draw cartoons of all religions with equal freedom .. d

As for Modi pieces, you clearly have me mistaken for cricketjoshilla lol. I couldn't care less if the western press critiques Modi, I actively encourage it. An adverserial press, foriegn or domestic, is good for govt accountability (y)

Yes I am so biased that I want to draw cartoons of all religions with equal freedom ..

As for Modi pieces, you clearly have me mistaken for cricketjoshilla lol. I couldn't care less if the western press critiques Modi, I actively encourage it. An adverserial press, foriegn or domestic, is good for govt accountability (y)
So asking others to be civil and respectful towards other religions is entitlement?

And being equal opportunist when it comes to insulting religion and offending people is kosher?

Do you listen to yourself?

Back