Furore over incident where a drunk man on flight pees over woman

ex-q-zit

First Class Star
Runs
Drunk Man Urinates On Woman In New York-Delhi Air India Flight

A drunk man urinated on a woman co-passenger in the business class of an Air India flight in November and left without facing any action. Weeks after the incident, Air India has filed a case and has recommended that the unruly flier be placed on the no-fly list.

The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has sought a report from the airline into the incident that was revealed after the woman wrote to the group chairman of Air India, N Chandrasekaran.

"We shall take action against those found negligent," said the regulator.

On November 26, the drunk passenger allegedly unzipped and urinated on a co-passenger in her 70s in the business class of an Air India flight from New York to Delhi. The lights had been dimmed after a meal.

After urinating, the man allegedly kept exposing himself and didn't move until another passenger asked him to return to his seat.

The woman complained to the crew and told them her clothes, shoes and bag were soaked in urine. The crew allegedly gave her a set of pyjamas and slippers and told her to return to her seat, claiming no other seat was available.

After the flight landed in Delhi, the passenger allegedly left without facing any action for his egregious behaviour.

Disappointed at the airline's handling of the incident, the woman wrote to Mr Chandrasekaran the next day describing what she called the "most traumatic flight I have ever experienced".

"I am writing to express my deep disappointment regarding the appalling incident that occurred during my business class trip on flight AI102 (commencing in NY, JFK yesterday 26th November at 12.30 pm, and arriving this afternoon in New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport at approximately 1.30 pm). This has been the most traumatic flight that I have ever experienced. During the course of the flight, shortly after lunch was served and the lights were switched off, I was getting ready to sleep, and another passenger walked to my seat completely inebriated. He unzipped his pants, relieved himself, and continued to expose me to his private parts. The passenger sitting next to me asked him to return to his seat. He did not respond immediately, but after a few moments left the area," she said in the letter.

Air India has now filed a police complaint against the man. "Air India constituted an internal committee and recommended to put the male passenger on the 'no-fly list'. The matter is under a government committee and a decision is awaited," sources said.

The woman reportedly wrote that she didn't want to sit on the soiled seat, so she was given a crew seat. After an hour, she was allegedly told by the crew to return to her seat, which was covered with sheets but still reeking of urine. When she firmly refused to take the same seat, she was given another crew seat, where she spent the remaining five hours of the flight.

"I subsequently learned from a fellow passenger that several seats were available in First Class and he suggested to the crew that I be moved into one of those rather than being forced to sit in a soiled seat. Clearly, the crew did not feel that taking care of a distressed passenger was a priority. At the end of the flight, the staff told me they would get me a wheelchair to ensure that I clear customs as early as possible. However, the wheelchair deposited me at a waiting area, where I waited for 30 minutes, and nobody came to get me. I finally had to clear customs on my own and collected the luggage by myself - all in Air India pyjamas and socks," the woman wrote, calling the Air India crew deeply unprofessional.

Air India had expressed strong condemnation and had apologised promptly after an identical incident in August 2018, when a drunk man urinated on the seat of a woman passenger on a New York-Delhi flight.

This is the latest incident of unruly behaviour on a flight.

On December 26, a group of passengers beat up a co-passenger on a Bangkok to Kolkata flight on Thai Smile after he refused to make his seat upright before takeoff. On December 16, a video emerged of a row on an IndiGo flight in which a stewardess is heard telling the passenger, "I am not your servant."

NDTV

Last edited:
Man Who Peed On Woman On Flight Sacked By Wells Fargo: Full Statement

Mumbai man Shankar Mishra, who urinated on an elderly woman on a Air India flight in November, has been sacked by his company, Wells Fargo.

The company said the allegations against Mr Mishra were "deeply disturbing", adding that it is cooperating with law enforcement agencies.

Full statement by company on sacking Shankar Mishra

U5ptmk1.jpg

The 34-year-old is missing, and a lookout notice or airport alert has been put out as the police hunt for him.

NDTV

"He Hadn't Slept, Blackmail Angle Possible": Father Of 'Pee-Gate' Accused

Father of the Mumbai man, wanted by the police for urinating on an elderly woman on an Air India flight in November, today said his son hadn't slept for two days and termed the case against him a lie. He also hinted at a possible blackmail angle.

The 34-year-old Shankar Mishra, who has been sacked by his company, is missing and a lookout notice or an airport alert has been put out for him as the police search for him.

"She (woman who was peed upon) had demanded some payment and it was paid as well. I don't know what happened after that. There must have been some demand of hers that may not have been fulfilled that got her angry or hurt her ego. Quite possible this is being done to blackmail him," said Shankar Mishra's lawyer father Shyam Mishra.

On November 26, Shankar Mishra, allegedly drunk, unzipped and urinated on a 72-year-old woman. He was allowed to leave without any action. Air India filed a police complaint only on January 4. The airline defended the delay, saying it had believed the woman and the offender had "settled the matter".

The Junior Mishra had claimed that he had paid the money agreed upon by both sides, on PayTM on November 28 but after almost a month on December 19, the woman's daughter returned the money.

He also said the statements recorded before the inquiry committee by the cabin crew showed there is no witness to the incident and "all the statements are merely hearsay evidence".

"He was tired. Had not slept for two days. He had the drinks that the airline offered and slept," the father claimed.

The father maintained that his son is "cordial and cannot do a thing like this".

"Never seen him misbehave with women his age, how can he misbehave with a 72-year-old," claimed the father.

After the peeing incident, the Air India crew had allegedly taken Shankar Mishra to the woman, telling her he wanted to apologise. In a complaint to the airline, the woman said she was forced to face him as he begged to be spared, citing his family.

The woman said though she demanded Shankar Mishra's arrest immediately on landing, the crew told her he wanted to apologise and brought him to her "against my wishes".

NDTV

Man Accused In 'Pee-Gate' Releases Chat With Woman Passenger, Says...

Mumbai businessman Shankar Mishra, wanted by the police for urinating on an elderly woman on an Air India flight in November, today cited the woman's WhatsApp messages to claim that she had "condoned the alleged act" and had shown no intention to file a complaint.

Shankar Mishra is missing and a lookout notice or an airport alert has been put out for him as the police search for him.

On November 26, Shankar Mishra, allegedly drunk, unzipped and urinated on the woman. He was allowed to leave without any action. Air India filed a police complaint only on January 4. The airline defended the delay, saying it had believed the woman and the offender had "settled the matter".

Shankar Mishra has made a similar claim in a statement through his lawyers, Ishanee Sharma and Akshat Bajpai.

"The WhatsApp messages between the accused and the lady clearly show that the accused had got the clothes and bags cleaned on November 28 and the same was delivered on November 30," he said.

"The lady's persisting grievance was only with respect to the adequate compensation being paid by the Airline for which she has raised a subsequent complaint on December 20," the statement added.

He claimed that he had paid the money agreed upon by both sides, on PayTM on November 28 but after almost a month on December 19, the woman's daughter returned the money.

He also said the statements recorded before the inquiry committee by the cabin crew showed there is no witness to the incident and "all the statements are merely hearsay evidence".

The lawyers also said the "settlement" reached between the two sides had also been affirmed in the statements submitted by the cabin crew.

"The accused has full faith in the judicial system of the country and will cooperate with the investigation process," said Shankar Mishra's statement.

After the peeing incident, the Air India crew had allegedly taken Mishra to the woman, telling her he wanted to apologise. In a complaint to the airline, the woman said she was forced to face him as he begged to be spared, citing his family.

The woman said though she demanded Shankar Mishra's arrest immediately on landing, the crew told her he wanted to apologise and brought him to her "against my wishes".
Promoted
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com

"I was stunned when he started crying and profusely apologising to me, begging me not to lodge a complaint against him because he is a family man and did not want his wife and child to be affected by this incident. In my already distraught state, I was further disoriented by being made to confront and negotiate with the perpetrator of the horrific incident at close quarters. I told him his actions were inexcusable, but in the face of his pleading and begging in front of me, and my own shock and trauma, I found it difficult to insist on his arrest or to press charges against him," the woman wrote.

The airline also passed on her phone number to Shankar Mishra to pay for her shoes and drycleaning, which she returned saying she did not want his money.

NDTV

You dont get it.

Im talking of sheer numbers.

Over 12 million(its more now) girls have been aborted in India in the last 30 years as per report in 2011. Add over 10 million child females in prostitutions an the other issues such as honour killings, domestic violence, no other nation comes close to these numbers.

But you have to make sure Muslim nations in your mind are the top without any facts.

India has a population of 1.4 billion. people so obviously numbers will be high. You need to look at percentages.

Yes India has its low points as far as women's safety is concerned but we also have Nikhat Zareen who is a succesful boxer, mamata bannejee who is a CM of a state, PV Sindhu who won 2 olympic medals in a row.

Women are slowly getting due recognition.

Pakistan too has its medals of shame just like India. Women being buried alive by a minister in Sindh, 6 year old girl raped, 100s of hindu girls kidnapped, converted and forcefully married off. Instead of taking digs we need to loook within ourselves.

Woman Had To Wait 2 Hours For Fresh Seat: Co-Passenger On 'Pee-Gate'

dIUeZFB.jpg

Pilot of the November 26 Air India flight from New York that witnessed the unsavoury event of an inebriated man urinating on a female passenger, made the traumatized flyer wait for close to two hours before allotting her a fresh seat, a co-flyer said in his complaint.

Sugata Bhattacharjee, a US-based doctor of audiology who was seated next to the accused in business class on the flight to Delhi, in a handwritten complaint to the airlines stated that the distressed passenger was made to go back to her soiled seat despite four seats in the First Class being vacant.

In the complaint, a copy of which was reviewed by PTI, Bhattacharjee said he was seated on 8A (window) in the first row of business class, next to the accused Shankar Misra who was in seat 8C.

Shortly after lunch was served and the lights were switched off on board AI 102 of November 26 (JFK New York to IGIA, New Delhi), the inebriated male passenger seated in Business Class seat walked to the elderly woman's seat (9A), unzipped his pants and urinated on her.

The lavatory was four rows behind his seat.

Bhattacharjee said he was woken up midflight when Shankar fell on him. "I initially thought he lost his balance due to a rough flight. However, as I was going to the restroom, I saw my two fellow passengers of 9A and 9C in distress," he said, adding the lady of 9A came to the gallery area, she was all wet.

"We were shocked to realise that my co-passenger (8C) was so intoxicated that he went to the next row and urinated on her," he wrote.

All this while, two air hostesses helped clean her up, change her clothes and sanitized her belongings and seat.

"The incidence has a multifaceted part to it. A senior citizen was subjected to trauma due to indecency of a passenger. She being a female had no idea how to cope with the obscenity," he wrote. "I personally am bothered by the fact that the captain waited close to two hours before allotting her a fresh seat." According to the victim's complaint, she was made to stand for 20 minutes and offered a small seat used by airline staff as no seat was vacant in the Business Class.

She sat on the small seat for about two hours and was asked to return to her own seat which was still damp and reeking of urine. When she refused, the victim was offered the steward's seat for the rest of the journey, the complaint stated.

Bhattacherjee was all praise for the two cabin crew members who helped the woman clean up.

The non-pilot crew, he said, went above and beyond their call of duty "but when you have four first class seats vacant, you don't make a distressed passenger go back to her (soiled) seat with human remains and wait for a crew seat to be vacant to move her." This, according to him, was "a poor judgement call by the captain."

Bhattacherjee reportedly asked the crew for a complaint book to note down his protest against the handling of the situation but was provided a piece of paper. He wrote his complaint on that paper.

NDTV

Tata Sons chairman N Chandrasekaran today said that the incident where a drunk man urinated on a female passenger on an Air India flight. was a matter of personal anguish to him.

"Air India's response should have been much swifter. We fell short of addressing this situation the way it should have been," Mr Chandrasekaran said in a statement.

NDTV

Sickening and disgusting!

But look at the quote below?!

After urinating, the man allegedly kept exposing himself and didn't move until another passenger asked him to return to his seat.

Asked him to return to his seat? Was there no other bloke there to smoke this cretin? At least he should have got a good slapping from fellow passengers or the air crew and no one would have questioned it.

I think alcohol should be banned from flights.

Anyone who has the misfortune of being stuck on a flight next to a drunken person, or even worse a drunken mob on a stag do will know that its a horrific experience.

I think alcohol should be banned from flights.

Anyone who has the misfortune of being stuck on a flight next to a drunken person, or even worse a drunken mob on a stag do will know that its a horrific experience.

Don't blame it on alcohol. Blame it on a cretin or the person who refuses to take alcohol sensibly.

I always take a glass or 2 of champagne as soon as I board and then a scotch while I do my work or catch a movie. I have never peed on any fellow passenger or misbehaved with one.

Any substance can be abused. But balanced people do not abuse substances, be it alcohol, drugs, sugar or food.

Don't blame it on alcohol. Blame it on a cretin or the person who refuses to take alcohol sensibly.

I always take a glass or 2 of champagne as soon as I board and then a scotch while I do my work or catch a movie. I have never peed on any fellow passenger or misbehaved with one.

Any substance can be abused. But balanced people do not abuse substances, be it alcohol, drugs, sugar or food.

But it is equally true that many can't handle effects of alcohol and start forgetting all social and legal norms transforming into primitive versions for subsequent few hours. Now these may be a minority when compared to all who consume alcohol who remain balanced but laws are always made for disruptors, not for people who inherently maintain decorum.

Some Indians in particular become a different beast in international flights where alcohol is served where it helps amplify their dark traits regardless of education of financial background. I have seen quite a few examples of nuisances and it becomes a problem for the crew as well as fellow passengers.

Alcohol is generally consumed in specific places, under strict controls or its consumed in the privacy of ones home.

Most ( and I dont exaggerate here) alcoholic sessions end up with someone incapacitated and committing lewd acts. That's fine a nightclub because people have signed up to go.

However on flights too many people are packed together, most are just using it a form of transportation and they should not be subjected to the risk of anti social behaviour that alcohol brings.

There are countless stories of dangerous behaviour on planes and they all stem from alcohol.

The only effective method is to either ban it or reduce it to very small amounts to protect people.

You can’t have more than 3-4 drinks on a plane. They will not serve you more. At least in the USA

Indians are among the worst travellers and it is becoming a national shame. Some of these incidents highlighted these days are the worst but the situation is so bad that there's no news for a lot of the other nuisance created by our people on a daily basis. It's as if that much lack of ettiquette is already taken for granted by everyone like it's ok they are Indians, they are like that only. Extremely embarrassing to be associated with such pathetic people.

"Bro, I'm In Trouble," Man Said After Peeing On Woman On Flight

A co-passenger on the Air India New York-Delhi flight where an inebriated passenger urinated on an elderly woman, told NDTV today that Shankar Mishra was drinking heavily and was "incoherent" during lunch. His alcohol supply wasn't cut off even when the matter was flagged. Sobering up much later, Shankar Mishra had said, "Bro, I think I'm in trouble," Dr Sugata Bhattacharjee, who sat next to him on the flight, told NDTV.

Dr Bhattacharjee, a US-based doctor of audiology, said he had alerted the cabin crew about the passenger, who seemed unable to handle his drink.

"We were served lunch about an hour after take-off and he had downed four drinks in 40 minutes," said Dr Bhattacharjee. During lunch, "he asked me questions like you have kid and what do they do, repeatedly. I figured he can't hold up due to alcohol. I flagged it to the staff - the staff just smiled," Dr Bhattacharjee said. The man was served at least one more drink after that.

There was "fault at multiple levels" in the handling of the incident, added Dr Bhattacharjee, who had filed a complaint about the matter the same day, November 26.

"My two-page complaint -- it was just tossed off... No one would have known about this if the media didn't take it up... My complaint was not about the drunk passenger. It was on poor judgement by the pilot over the incident," he said.

Dr Bhattacharjee said he did not witness the man urinating on the elderly woman passenger and woke only when Mishra returned to his seat.

The woman, who was completely drenched in urine, was given pajamas by the crew and was left standing at the galley for around 20 minutes. After that, the cabin crew made her sit on the same seat, after piling some blankets on it. "I advocated that they give her another seat. I said 'aapka char seat khali hai (Your four seats are empty)'. And they won't budge," Dr Bhattacharjee said.

"The staff said it was the pilot's decision," Dr Bhattacharjee said. That decision came two hours later and she was given a fresh seat.

The crew also left the two passengers to settle the matter, which should not have happened, Dr Bhattacharjee said. Asked if the woman was coerced into having an "understanding" with Shankar Mishra, he said "Yes".

"I did not like the fact that they made them sit across each other... you don't bring the aggressor and the victim face to face... The crew and captain can't mediate in such issue. It is a crime and their job is to complain about crime," he said.

Asked about the perpetrator's reaction when he woke -- whether he was scared or apologetic -- Dr Bhattarcharjee said Shankar Mishra had sobered up later. "He said, 'Bro I think I'm in trouble'. I said 'Yes, you are'."

Shankar Mishra had walked away when the flight reached India. On November 27, the woman wrote to the Air India group chairman about the appalling incident. Air India filed a police complaint only on January 4, claiming it didn't go to the police as it felt both sides had "settled the matter".

Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran today admitted that Air India's response should have been swifter. "We fell short of addressing this situation the way it should have been," Mr Chandrasekaran said in a statement.

Shankar Mishra was arrested by the Delhi Police on Friday, six weeks after the incident, and placed in judicial custody for a fortnight.

Air India CEO Campbell Wilson has apologised and said four cabin crew and a pilot have been de-rostered and the airline is reviewing its "policy on service of alcohol in flight".

NDTV

"The Act In Itself...": No Bail For Man Who Peed On Woman On Flight

Shankar Mishra, who urinated on an elderly woman on an Air India flight, has been denied bail by a Delhi court. Metropolitan Magistrate Komal Garg dismissed the bail application of Mishra, saying it was not appropriate to release him on bail at this stage.

In its ruling, the court said, "The alleged act in itself is sufficient to outrage the modesty of any woman."

A magisterial court had sent Mishra to 14-day judicial remand on Saturday, denying police his custody.

Shankar Mishra allegedly urinated on a 70-year-old woman on an New York-Delhi flight last year. He was arrested from Bengaluru last week, six weeks after his egregious act.

Air India has come under heavy criticism for not taking prompt action. Mishra walked away without any action when the flight landed in Delhi. The airlines filed a police complaint only on January 4, claiming it didn't go to the police as it felt both sides had "settled the matter".

NDTV

"Instead Of Being Remorseful...": Woman Reacts To "Peed On Herself" Claim

A day after the man accused of urinating on a woman on an Air India flight seven weeks ago claimed that he did not do so and that it was his elderly co-passenger who urinated on herself, the woman has rubbished the claim, calling it "completely false and concocted".

"The said allegations are also in complete contradiction and a complete volte-face of the statements and the pleaded case of the accused in his bail application," she has said.

The accused, Shankar Mishra, made the stunning claim in response to a notice by the sessions court on an application by the Delhi Police requesting custody for questioning him. He had been sent to 14-day judicial remand on Saturday by a court that turned down the police's request for custody.

The complainant said her intention throughout has been to ensure that institutional changes are made "so that no individual has to go through the horrendous experience that the victim suffered".

Instead of being remorseful for the "utterly disgusting act committed by him, he has adopted a campaign of spreading misinformation and falsities with the intent of further harassing the victim," she added.

Mishra was arrested last week after the accusations came to light more than a month after the incident in late November. He had been on the run from authorities for days, and had been sacked by US banking giant Wells Fargo. He was allegedly drunk during the journey from New York to New Delhi on November 26 when he allegedly unzipped his pants and urinated on the 72-year-old woman seated in business class.

NDTV

Man Banned From Flying Air India For 4 Months Over Pee-Gate Shocker

Shankar Mishra, who urinated on an elderly woman on an Air India flight, has been banned by the airline for four months, news agency ANI reported. The incident, which stoked nationwide outrage, took place on a New York-Delhi flight on November 26.

Shankar Mishra allegedly urinated on a 72-year-old woman on the flight and was arrested from Bengaluru last week, six weeks after his egregious act.

He had been on the run from authorities for days, and had been sacked by US banking giant Wells Fargo. He was allegedly drunk during the journey from New York to New Delhi when he allegedly unzipped his pants and urinated on the woman seated in business class.

Air India had come under heavy criticism for not taking prompt action. Mishra walked away without any action when the flight landed in Delhi. The airlines filed a police complaint only on January 4, claiming it didn't go to the police as it felt both sides had "settled the matter".

In the court, Shankar Mishra claimed that the woman urinated on herself. The sacked banking executive denied that he had peed on the elderly woman during a flight. The woman denied Mishra's claims, calling them "completely false and concocted".

He is currently in judicial custody. His bail request was turned down by a judge, who called the accusations against him "utterly disgusting and repulsive".

NDTV

Air India fined ₹ 30 lakh by regulator over pee-gate, pilot's licence suspended for 3 months - news agency ANI

A passenger of a New York-New Delhi American Airlines flight has allegedly urinated on a fellow male passenger on board in a drunken state, sources said on Sunday.

The incident allegedly took place on flight number AA292, which took off from New York at 9:16 pm on Friday and landed after 14 hours and 26 minutes of flying at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport in Delhi at 10:12 pm on Saturday.

"The accused is a student in a US university. He was in a state of inebriation and urinated while he was asleep. It somehow leaked and fell on a fellow passenger who complained to the crew," a source at the airport said.

NDTV

I don’t think you got it.
It’s about a drunken person on the plane peeing or sh!tying on YOU or some elderly member of your family.

And the only way to curb this is to ban the alcohol in planes.

There is no scanner on the airport to scan all passengers and filter out the “cretins” for you.

A passenger of a New York-New Delhi American Airlines flight has allegedly urinated on a fellow male passenger on board in a drunken state, sources said on Sunday.

The incident allegedly took place on flight number AA292, which took off from New York at 9:16 pm on Friday and landed after 14 hours and 26 minutes of flying at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport in Delhi at 10:12 pm on Saturday.

"The accused is a student in a US university. He was in a state of inebriation and urinated while he was asleep. It somehow leaked and fell on a fellow passenger who complained to the crew," a source at the airport said.

NDTV

I think some Indians may feel it coming natural to them when they get onboard on an Air India plane, and start feel like at home where severe lack of toilets leading to public urination and defecation is norm of the day.

You can’t drink those Cap, they are sealed or have to be in carry on , you can be arrested for consuming those.

What do they sell in eateries and pubs and restaurants inside the airport that people drink with their meals?
Must be horse pee?

What do they sell in eateries and pubs and restaurants inside the airport that people drink with their meals?
Must be horse pee?

Because it’s profitable, also if you are intoxicated the flight attendant can refuse to serve you and you can be kicked out of the plane and good chance you might not even be allowed to board.

Also those drinks are probably 500% more than dutyfree ones.

You are in USa so ill tell you misbehaving on flight is very highly punishable esp with flight crew.

These things might not make new but they are pretty hands on US, don’t know about Europe or Asia.
Anyone responsible can drink in his limits easily.
The guy that is being punished deserves it, if it wasn’t for alcohol he would still be in an issue one way or other.

Because it’s profitable, also if you are intoxicated the flight attendant can refuse to serve you and you can be kicked out of the plane and good chance you might not even be allowed to board.

Also those drinks are probably 500% more than dutyfree ones.

You are in USa so ill tell you misbehaving on flight is very highly punishable esp with flight crew.

These things might not make new but they are pretty hands on US, don’t know about Europe or Asia.
Anyone responsible can drink in his limits easily.
The guy that is being punished deserves it, if it wasn’t for alcohol he would still be in an issue one way or other.

Yes, I am in USA and I know that misbehaving on the plane is dealt with an iron fist - but doesn’t look like Indian airlines have this concept.

How the EFF can you pee on a fellow passenger and walk away?
What was the crew doing? Busy in frying pakoras?

Yes, I am in USA and I know that misbehaving on the plane is dealt with an iron fist - but doesn’t look like Indian airlines have this concept.

How the EFF can you pee on a fellow passenger and walk away?
What was the crew doing? Busy in frying pakoras?

True and that's why:
Air India fined ₹ 30 lakh by regulator over pee-gate, pilot's licence suspended for 3 months along with the guy being in jail.

So hopefully a precedent is set.

Man Caught Smoking On Air India Flight Rejects Bail, Opts For Jail
Air India London-Mumbai Smoking Incident: According to Mumbai Police, the accused also caused a disturbance on the aircraft and endangered the lives of all passengers, besides disobeying the pilot's oral and written instructions to keep calm.

A man charged for unruly behaviour and smoking on an Air India flight was sent to jail by a court in Mumbai after he refused to pay ₹ 25,000 for bail and instead cited online 'search' to claim the fine payable under the IPC section was ₹ 250.
A court has granted the accused, Ratnakar Dwivedi, a cash bail, but he refused to pay the amount and told the court on Monday he was ready to go to jail.

He was charged under section 336 (the act of endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code after he was allegedly caught smoking in the lavatory of Air India's London-Mumbai flight and behaving in an unruly manner on March 10.

The accused told the court he had read online that the fine payable under section 336 of the IPC is ₹ 250, which he was willing to pay, but not the bail amount.

Following this, the Andheri metropolitan magistrate sent him to jail on Monday.

Air India had said a passenger was found smoking in the lavatory of the flight and behaved in an unruly and aggressive manner, despite repeated warnings.

NDTV

Even before clicking on to this thread I knew it had something to do with an Indian. That says everything that such things always involve Indian people.

I remember years back one Om Swami was relieving himself on Big Boss in front off other contestants:))):))):))). I don't at all watch that show yet remember it for the outcry it caused at the time. As I said such things only happen in India. There is no end to the foolishness of these people.

Back