GM bats

Abdulrehman

Debutant
Runs
After going through all of the internet,I've decided on getting a GM bat.But the decision is a really confusing one.On the low sub continental pitches which gm would you guys go for ? The icon or the flare ? the bat should be a powerful as well as currently I have RNS larsons unik cricket bat and that's pretty good as well.Please let me know.

id prefer flare cause it is for hitting and the icon is also fine but your choice all the way. :umarakmal

I don't need it for slogging per se but just a bat that's powerful.I'm located in Pakistan.And aren't the english made gm's better ? Also would you recommend a newberry over a gm ? Both will almost cost the same and I also really like the thruxton.

gms made in india kashmiri willow and others are fake english willow is only made in uk.

and u can buy it from lords sport on zamzama in karachi they have icon,luna and flare.

So I contacted lords sports and they have the Luna flare and icon with them.They have the 909's and theyre selling the icon 909 for 29 k.That sounds like a good bet.The flare is for 28.

From what a few others have said GM are not that good, personally I would go for a newbery much nicer bats.

I'm in karachi.The problem is that newberrys are not available here.And I'm mot sure about customs.Do you guys have an idea how much they charge for a bat here at customs ?

they would charge alot and halo is not available right now and the apex is nothing infront of the luna,flare and the icon.

gms made in india kashmiri willow and others are fake english willow is only made in uk.

Get your facts straight Bro.

GMs are made in india as well as UK.

Both English willow as well as Kashmir willow.

The ones made in India say something like "made under GM license in India" - I have used one in nets and it was awesome awesome bat. The ones made in UK say - red MADE IN UK sticker on the side.

Last edited:
The GMs made in India - Middle not too high (which sometimes is how UK made bats are) and thick edges.

I saw the ICON which was good. I was told some of the LUNA bats are made in India too.

I'm in karachi.The problem is that newberrys are not available here.And I'm mot sure about customs.Do you guys have an idea how much they charge for a bat here at customs ?

how heavy is your current bat?

and whats wrong with a Pak bat?

Abdulrehman, you could get a ca plus 15000, they are very good, or an ihsna lynx xi or spartan cg authority ishan replica, these are very nice bats made in pak

GM Halo and Luna are best for slow/low sub continental pitches. Flare n Icon have higher middles.

I did not like the screaming cat, i bought it a few months ago, i still have it but dont use it, do not like it at all. Try the ca plus 15000, it is really good, or the ca plus 15000 CG 333

They haven't been used that much and have started to crack.Also,personally I don't find the sweetspot to be big I think its fairly limited.

I did not like the screaming cat, i bought it a few months ago, i still have it but dont use it, do not like it at all. Try the ca plus 15000, it is really good, or the ca plus 15000 CG 333

Why is that so ? What didnt you like about them ? I don't care for the straight profile but do they perform ?

Screaming cats are considered to be one of the finest bats around. I've used my uncles amazing balance ad pick up.

And how did it play ? Did you feel a noticeable difference in its performance compared to the other bats you play with ?

i did not like the pick up and balance, it felt weird. The ping is also not the best. It is nothing special IMO

That is surprising.From everyone I've heard they say it pings very nicely.Which screaming cat was it ? Was it the professional grade ?

Last edited:
The problem with buying online is always the specs.My suggestion is don't go with bat makers like GM, gray nicolls or any bat maker who produces in large quantities. Because with mass production quality is always compromised and specs never match your requirements. I bought three bats until now from my experience you never will get what you want unless you go with custom bat makers . My bats lack the balance or pick up.I would say go with custom bats. There are lot of custom bat makers in UK. This will guarantee the quality and the specs you need. Go 4 hell 4 leather or any custom bat maker.Screaming cat is good but it is hell lot expensive.

Last edited:
Back