Got to admire David 'Bumble' Lloyd [Merged]

BoomBoomAfridi

Tape Ball Star
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Runs
739
Got to admire David 'Bumble' Lloyd.....

I am following him on twitter and this is what he tweeted

BumbleCricket 'everybody writing off Pakistan ...beware !'
about 1 hour ago via Seesmic

Haha nice to see some wise heads, unlike the ones in the Skysports studio
 
Lloyds always crapping his pants that we are about to suddenly hit form. He probably dreams about cornered tigers in his sleep.
 
Ok, so we create threads & criticise England commentators for not fearing us.

And then we criticise them for fearing us!

Pathetic
 
ali_ed2006 said:
how long before people start hating lloyd like they did with chappel?

Noone could possibly hate Lloyd surely. It would be like kicking a puppy....
 
who could evr forget bumble's commentary in last years final................"Oh BOOM BOOM.....BOOOM BOOOM!!"
 
Best and most entertaining commentator by far......., hope he isnt telling the Pakistan fans to 'start their cars' tomorrow!
 
David Lloyd is a legend ..hes the most unbiased commie ive every seen ..and love his accent
 
kingusama92 said:
Who could possibly hate David Lloyd?! :O

you never know with some of our fans. Chappel was the first thought of as one of Pakistan's admirer's, and now we have countless threads on him and people have started to dislike him.
 
I think we should be a little more thoughtful when attempting to say:

"This commentator/journalist is rubbish cos he said This one bad thing about Pak"

We don't want to be hyper-sensitive now do we?

As for Bumble - Top bloke, regardless of whether he likes Pakistan or not - Such enthusiasm and a fellow Lancastrian!

Atherton is a damn fine sports journalist - His thoughts on the England setup are usually on the mark.

Nasser Hussain has surprised me, as I thought he would be dull and dour "Alan Shearer" style;
He's been anything but that, with witty incisive comments, and love his camaraderie with Bumble!

Nick Knight IMO is devoid of a distinctive personality on TV - Even Botham shows some persona on TV, despite my grave dislike for his OTT attitudes...
 
Outlaw said:
Dont forget Nick Knight

Nick Knight have always said he will not write off Pakistan. He said i did last year but never more.
 
Look at Australian last matches and look at ours. Than look at how many matches we have won against AUstralia last year. No hard to say AUstralia will win.

But as Pakistani u and me know and hope Pakistan can do better.
 
kingusama92 said:
Who could possibly hate David Lloyd?! :O

Whinging Pak fans who think everyone has to say sweet things about them 24/7, other wise they are racist
 
Tapori said:
I think we should be a little more thoughtful when attempting to say:

"This commentator/journalist is rubbish cos he said This one bad thing about Pak"

We don't want to be hyper-sensitive now do we?

As for Bumble - Top bloke, regardless of whether he likes Pakistan or not - Such enthusiasm and a fellow Lancastrian!

Atherton is a damn fine sports journalist - His thoughts on the England setup are usually on the mark.

Nasser Hussain has surprised me, as I thought he would be dull and dour "Alan Shearer" style;
He's been anything but that, with witty incisive comments, and love his camaraderie with Bumble!

Nick Knight IMO is devoid of a distinctive personality on TV - Even Botham shows some persona on TV, despite my grave dislike for his OTT attitudes...

I agree on each & every point on each individual!
 
Bumble is class whether he praises Pak or not

Lately we have been a right sensitive bunch - we need to chill out and not take comments about Pak too seriously, whether they are for or against us
 
Bumble is one of the BEST commentators around. He's a REALLY nice guy too, i love bumble!

Athers is really nice too, dont know people are criticising him!


Start the car Bumble! He would have known about the weather!
 
did anyone else think that bumble was absolutely brilliant today in the commentary box? he and nasser are definitely by far the best on the circuit. warne has to be close.

even ramiz was better than normal today.
 
Loved his commentary during this match, He was full of energy as always.
 
godzilla said:
did anyone else think that bumble was absolutely brilliant today in the commentary box? he and nasser are definitely by far the best on the circuit. warne has to be close.

even ramiz was better than normal today.

He was brilliant BUT he is always in good form

Cudnt stop laughing when he saw "Inzi" in the crowd :))) :)))

Nasser Hussain is very good - as is Atherton, more reserved BUT very bright
 
He's one awesome commentator. He's always humorous, short and to the point.
 
The one's I don't like are:

Sanjay Manjrekar, although can be good, is pretty stupid, often off the mark with his commentary. Although he was good on some documentary I saw about Indian cricket.

Ian Botham, for historical and personality reasons

Nasser Hussain, kind of on and off, does get very excited about England

Nick Knight, for reasons already mentioned in this thread

Mark Nicholas, just a bit smarmy

Harsha Bogle, good presenter, bad commentator

But I like most of them. The one's I like are:

Atherton: For reasons already stated, plus he is articulate and analyzes the game well.

Rameez has been on a hot streak recently. Much improved commentary. His jokes are actually almost sounding funny and his English is coping better.

Holding, I think he was commentating again. I thought he had disappeared for a while, but has he been with Sky the whole time? I am deprived of the Sky!

Of course Bumble

Chappel, Benaud, Shastri and others are also good to varying degrees. Although I realize a lot of this is down to personal preferences.

Who is the best TV commentator?
 
Last edited:
david lloydddddddd aalllllllllllll the wayyyyyyyy

by far the best commentator
 
"Look at Waqar....still got a job."

:)))

i love this guy.
 
His great sense of humour makes David Lloyd a delight to hear always. Nobody even comes close to him in that respect. A legend, is DL.
 
Oxy said:
Ok, so we create threads & criticise England commentators for not fearing us.

And then we criticise them for fearing us!

Pathetic
hahahahahahhahahahhahahha nothing and no one is perfect.
 
sanjay is a top commentator. he is unbiased as well. i have no clue why ppl dnt like the guy.
 
He has been my favorite commentator for years now. Every time i hear him commentating during a game, the game's just that much more fun to watch. He's not bias one bit, he knows a hell of a lot about the game, he makes games very entertaining.
My favorite of his lines

When Shahid Afridi hits a six
'OH BOOM BOOM... BOOM BOOM!' :D
 
Nasser Hussain is moving up the list as one of the best cricket commentators...

He is by far light years ahead of Ramiz Raja... I used to like Ramiz but hes now annoying to listen to... I actually enjoy Amir Sohail, love how he delivers his analysis... He will criticize Pakistan when needed and praise when deserved..
 
This guy is class - one of my favorites along with Nasser when it comes to analysis and commentary.
 
I love his commentary. he is great and n.hussain is another master class. both are great and love hearing them.
 
'go on lad!'

'a little bit less of that if you please'

bumble is a comic genius and inspirational commentator, i almost want to watch a neutral match if he's commentating just for the laughs. hope someone finds time for a compilation of his best quotes, and that he gets the message that he has vociferous support here on pp.
 
guy is an absolute ledge in the commentry box, some of his gems:

"start the cars,start the pedalos infact"- during the t20 world championship in the carribean.
"look at the size of him!" - on chris gayle after he hit that monster six off lee at the oval.
 
godzilla said:
'go on lad!'

'a little bit less of that if you please'

bumble is a comic genius and inspirational commentator, i almost want to watch a neutral match if he's commentating just for the laughs. hope someone finds time for a compilation of his best quotes, and that he gets the message that he has vociferous support here on pp.


When I read that my initial reaction was to think you were exaggerating. Then I realised I have actually watched quite a few county matches just coz he was commentating....
 
Bumble's latest tweets......

Bumble's not happy with the horns in the ground.......he makes a valid point tho...

Below are some of his tweets since yesterday's game

'question...if you were a pakistan cricketer, which would you want to hear. PAKISTAN ZINDABAD from 10000, or 10000 horns ?' about 5 hours ago via Seesmic

'Supporters usually do what it says on the tin ...'support' horn blowers are there to say "look at me "' about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter

'GREAT SHAME THE 'PAKISTAN ZINZABAD" chant has gone ..it was so patriotic and uplifting for team .now it's just a mindless noise' about 7 hours ago via UberTwitter
 
Bumble is more worried about "Pakistan Zindabad" than Pakistanis themselves!

The Vuvuzelas in SA probably inspired the fans in Edgbaston!
 
Nasser Hussain is very pro-Pakistan. Obviously, he has to make the obvious critical statements when needed. BUT...he is very pro Pakistan. Did you see him at the semi and the final last year? He was smiling from ear to ear and making some very pro-Pak comments. I like the guy.

Bumble also calls it as it is and is vary of Pak. The others don't like us full-stop.
 
pakcricketfan said:
Bumble is more worried about "Pakistan Zindabad" than Pakistanis themselves!

The Vuvuzelas in SA probably inspired the fans in Edgbaston!
Not really......our fans in the UK have been mad about the horns for a long long time now.

I remember when Pakistan toured in 2001 everywhere the team played all you could hear was these horns!

In 2006 when they toured.....all the grounds except edgbaston barred the fans from bringing horns into the ground........so don't expect to hear these horns again this summer!
 
Geordie Ahmed said:
He was brilliant BUT he is always in good form

Cudnt stop laughing when he saw "Inzi" in the crowd :))) :)))

Nasser Hussain is very good - as is Atherton, more reserved BUT very bright

Micheal Holding is also a quality commentator.

Bumble, Nas and Holding are a league above the rest IMO, with Bumble the lone winner as the best of the lot.
 
I dread to think what PPers will be posting the moment Bumble says 1 thing that is not totally complementary to the Pak team....
 
Bumble is cool. His commets i remeber.

I WANT 2 OF THOSE. Any one remeber that ? When a lady was bringing 2 drinks in stadium ? Guess what 2 he wanted.

And the best one he is known for . GOING.. GOING... STILL GOING... AND GONE
 
Bumble is a class act. I'm surprised no one's mentioned Shane Warne as one of the better commentators in the circuit. The banter between Warnie and Slater was probably the only saving grace of the Australia tour last winter.
 
Bumble always has had a soft spot for pakistan and is a good and lively commentator.
 
Oxy said:
I dread to think what PPers will be posting the moment Bumble says 1 thing that is not totally complementary to the Pak team....

fair enough, but i think honestly one has to rate him for pure entertainment when hes saying nothing about pakistan, too.

i think the likes of bumble and nasser appear to be supportive of pakistan for two reasons -

firstly as broadcasters they have to keep interest in the game and try as much as they can to persuade viewers theres a match on worth watching - when pakistan were in australia last, the aussie commentators were doing the same - insisting that iqbal was a ferocious hitter on his day for example.

secondly because its generally more fun to support the underdog, particularly when pakistan is probably at the forefront in world cricket for inspiratonal, volatile and exciting play as opposed to the mechanical, efficient play of more professoinal teams, at the expense of flair.
 
Oxy said:
I dread to think what PPers will be posting the moment Bumble says 1 thing that is not totally complementary to the Pak team....

Personally, I just love his humour. I could care less if he slated Pakistan cricket. Even if he did slate our team - he would do it with a comedic touch.

A guy like Bumble is always required in the commentary box. It lightens the tense atmosphere.
 
I can listen to his commentary all day long, no matter who is playing, hes more of an entertainer than a commentator.
 
imran666 said:
David Lloyd is a legend ..hes the most unbiased commie ive every seen ..and love his accent


he he something about calling David Lloyd a commie made me lol !
 
I love Bumble too!!
wub.gif
If he ever says anything negative about Pakistan I am 200% sure it will be a benign remark out of objectivity and care for Pakistan cricket.
 
A top commentator with a lively sense of humour, poor pundit as I'm sure he'll agree!
 
does anyone remember the pak vs england series in 2005. it was in Peshawar test or something when david lloyd moaned on not having any cricket pavillion around the world named after him, so the next day ramiz raja decided to get a banner made for him and covered one of the pavillion names with david lloyd's banner. david lloyd was soo happy about it. after a while the banner had slipped off and u could see the orignal name on the banners pavilion. david lloyd pretended like he was sooo sad. obvs he was joking.

one of my favourite cricketing memories of all time !
 
Blowing horns is no way to support your team

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/sto...250051,00.html


Blowing horns is no way to support your team, says Bumble

I don't understand people blowing horns at cricket matches. It's just nonsense.

I was at Edgbaston for the Pakistan v Australia Twenty20 matches this week and had to endure the mindless drone coming out of the horns of the PAKISTAN "supporters".

A supporter should be exactly that, somebody who supports the team. These people aren't doing that. They're just saying: "Look at me. I have a horn." I can't see how they're possibly watching the game or taking the cricket in.

It's sad because down the years, one of the most emotional experiences in cricket is the sound of thousands of Pakistan fans chanting two words: "PAKISTAN ZINDABAD".

Those words translate as "Pakistan Forever" and the raw emotion of that phrase must mean a hell of a lot to the Pakistan players when they're out in the middle.

Now that's gone. Instead you've got some idiot blowing a horn.

I hope they bring them when they play England. I tell you what, we should hand them out on the way in. It can only make life easier for our players.

When an England player hears thousands of committed supporters chanting "PAKISTAN ZINDABAD" they're into you. It makes you vulnerable. Hearing a load of horns means nothing to anybody. You might as well be stuck in a traffic jam on the M6.

A few weeks ago I wrote about how I couldn't stand the vuvuzelas at the World Cup (by the way, is that still going on?) and it's the same attitude with these things: "Look at me, I've got the horn."

I'm sure plenty of you will write in and tell me how good these things are. Well they're not good and they don't add one iota to the game, not one. It's just people blowing their own trumpet.

The bottom line is this: you are what you blow.
 
So true, well said by Bumble. Really no point in horns etc,. If blowing horns actually MEANT something or benefit someone, then that'd be okay.. but blowing horns is just noise pollution, to be honest. Isn't helping anyone - the players, or the 'horn-blowers' themselves.
 
I understand his point I dont mind all the flag waving and jumping up and down etc but the horns really dont have a place in cricket they add nothing to the atmosphere apart from being annoying and a dead ear! You want to hear the chatter between people and the sound of bat on ball.
 
I don't know it's annoying and all but I think it adds to the atmosphere. However it seemed to have the Australians flustered.
 
khalil1986 said:
I don't know it's annoying and all but I think it adds to the atmosphere. However it seemed to have the Australians flustered.

exactly, it's great...and you can STILL hear the cheers above them, so I don't see what's wrong with it.
 
Without those horns, there would be no atmosphere in the ground, its been a tradtion for UK Pakistan fans to bring horns to the matches.
 
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa "Tucked off the hips. No run" baaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
 
Atif said:
Without those horns, there would be no atmosphere in the ground, its been a tradtion for UK Pakistan fans to bring horns to the matches.

Excatly! horns are great, i love them, they are great for atmosphere!
 
The horns are absolutely disgusting! They should be banned!
 
IMMY69 said:
The horns are absolutely disgusting! They should be banned!

Chup Kar!!! those horns bring great atmosphere to grounds across the country and all over the world.

P.S i dont use any myself..
 
To be fair it does get annoying if someone right behind you blow these horn..its kind of defferning. Its all well and good having horns etc what they should do is give them one corner where they could blow horns etc leave rest the stadium in peace and normal chanting.
 
Atif said:
Chup Kar!!! those horns bring great atmosphere to grounds across the country and all over the world. P.S i dont use any myself..

Then start watching football or something else because that sort of rubbish atmosphere just aint cricket...

Its just mind numbingly dull..Like Bumble said 'Pakistan Zindabad' is what our fans should be chanting...
 
Rudi hater said:
To be fair it does get annoying if someone right behind you blow these horn..its kind of defferning. Its all well and good having horns etc what they should do is give them one corner where they could blow horns etc leave rest the stadium in peace and normal chanting.

Gosh I coulsnt even begin to imagine what it would be like to have someone next to me or behind me blowing on one of those horns..Its bad enough having to hear it on television!!!!
 
IMMY69 said:
Then start watching football or something else because that sort of rubbish atmosphere just aint cricket...

Its just mind numbingly dull..Like Bumble said 'Pakistan Zindabad' is what our fans should be chanting...

How is it dull ? for the last decade Pakistani fans have been bringing horns to the matches..i dont see things being changed.
 
Atif said:
How is it dull ? for the last decade Pakistani fans have been bringing horns to the matches..i dont see things being changed.

and for decades (atleast 2.5 decades) i've hated every single minute of it!
Its not classy, its doesnt add anything to the atmosphere other then noise pollution and it doesnt reflect well on the supporters...

I'm not toeing the english or western line either, I'd be much happier if a few thousand fans chanted 'Pakistan Zindabad' because it means something and it uplifts everyone! Plus you can hear the presenters without them having to shout!

Blowing a horn as loudly as possible...I mean think it about man..
 
Last edited:
To be frank, I don't mind it anymore. I guess I've grown immune to 'em now, with the thousands of Vuvuzela's at the World Cup blowing at once. And I'm watching it sitting here in my sitting room. O.O
 
IMMY69 said:
and for decades (atleast 2.5 decades) i've hated every single minute of it!
Its not classy, its doesnt add anything to the atmosphere other then noise pollution and it doesnt reflect well on the supporters...

I'm not toeing the english or western line either, I'd be much happier if a few thousand fans chanted 'Pakistan Zindabad' because it means something and it uplifts everyone! Plus you can hear the presenters without them having to shout!

Blowing a horn as loudly as possible...I mean think it about man..

Mute your TV next time, or if you at the game, take some ear muffs lol, wont have to hear those horns ever again. :)
 
Agree with Bumble.

Imo, its just better to create a different type of atmosphere with chants or whatever, rather than blowing horns.
 
people still keep chanting pakistan zindabad..and forever....

but no harm in blowing horn ... u can hear it in soccer as well...in every socccer game international or leagues..... 7 hours u cannot concentrate on cricket...in a stadium or at home 95% ppl cant.... so they are their to enjoy...

we r not like old tradition britishers ... sitting in a seat with suit on...clapping and then keep their mouth shut.... so SOPHISTICATED

u have to lift up the atmosphere and u cant do that with ur throat screaming for 7 hours
 
I agree to an extent, personally i don't like the horns but they're part of the British-Pakistani fan culture. What did make me cringe were the "Who are Ya" chants, come on for crying out loud it's embarrassing. So are the "I rather be a **** than an Aussie chants that were being directed at a group of Aussies at the end of the game, no need for that {may be it's a Northern thing, i don't know**

I would prefer the "Pakistan Zindabad", "Jeevay Jeevay Pakistan", "Jeetay ga kaun jeetay ga" chants to the horns and wanna be football hooligan chants every day of the week.
 
Back
Top