Gray Nicolls Kaboom Query

pakistandiehardfan

Tape Ball Captain
Runs
I was just wondering whether anyone had this bat, or has used it in the nets/outdoors. Wanted to know if it's a good buy and basically if it's a good bat. I'm primarilly a t20 style of batsman, basically a slogger if that's the word you need to describe it. :L :afridi

I haven't used it but have picked it up and felt it.

Didn't find anything impressive in this bat.

For some reasons I would say Asian bats such as MB Malik Bubber Shers are best bats for slogging, you can go wild with these bats!

I completely disagree, I used it (from a friend) and Its a gun. Looks amazing...........very VERY thick, and a huge middle! GN bats take a long time to start playing to their full potential though

Its a grade 3 bat so it won't be too expensive (I think its around £120 in the UK). It does look like it has a very big profile so might go like a train like Canadian cricketer says.
Best thing is to ask the sports retailer if you could hit the bat with a mallet before purchasing (I know some shops allow it), you will get some idea of the response.

i have used it and it is a pretty good bat. big profile and edges. only thing that i dont like is the toe.. its a square toe.. just looks weird, not sure why they did that

hm maybe, my mate told me that it was too prevent chipping on the toe.. idk lol i also find the firework sticker at the back of the kaboom a bit too much.. i prefer more simple designs

wait, i dont think its made india because gn have their own willow farm in england and thats where they make their bats

hm maybe, my mate told me that it was too prevent chipping on the toe.. idk lol i also find the firework sticker at the back of the kaboom a bit too much.. i prefer more simple designs

Actually the rounder the toe stronger it is because more mass is in round object than square object because in square object mass is distributed.

As far sticker goes I agree the best stickers in the market are GN Legend, simple and concise nothing beats them!

wait, i dont think its made india because gn have their own willow farm in england and thats where they make their bats

Alex once said that Gray Nicolls bats are made in India, Australia, South Africa and England.

Willow is being sent from England to India for production.

I get a feeling that they are Made in India, hence, square toe.

Gray-Nicolls doesn't make bats in India, at least not for sale outside of India. The square toe is model specific feature and is purely aesthetic as opposed to a result of a particular manufacturing process.

Gray-Nicolls doesn't make bats in India, at least not for sale outside of India. The square toe is model specific feature and is purely aesthetic as opposed to a result of a particular manufacturing process.

Yes, they do bro :)

my clubmate had one and it had a sweet middle but he said it took time for the wood to mature and he has had it for 2yrs

i think david warner from australia used it in a t20 against pakistan the last series

oh just thought i should tell you guys, david warner said the reason why there is a square toe on his kaboom model is because when he was young, he could never find a bat that was perfectly his size so his father chopped the toe for him. and as he grew older he just got use to having a square toe hence why he has it now

I was just wondering whether anyone had this bat, or has used it in the nets/outdoors. Wanted to know if it's a good buy and basically if it's a good bat. I'm primarilly a t20 style of batsman, basically a slogger if that's the word you need to describe it. :L :afridi

This is for you look at the video feel the sound of GN Kaboom and check the ping of the bat Absolute Beast :razzaq

I picked up a Kaboom yesterday and it was massive! It was pretty heavy but I guess that was expected since it's a t20 bat. I must say, I was pretty impressed though.

oh just thought i should tell you guys, david warner said the reason why there is a square toe on his kaboom model is because when he was young, he could never find a bat that was perfectly his size so his father chopped the toe for him. and as he grew older he just got use to having a square toe hence why he has it now

Agh thanks for sharing thisinfo mate, appreciated.

But square toes are generally weaker so a yorker or two can break it.

I picked up a Kaboom yesterday and it was massive! It was pretty heavy but I guess that was expected since it's a t20 bat. I must say, I was pretty impressed though.

Mind telling what was good about it?

Back