Grip keeps coming up

Obeid

Local Club Captain
Runs
On my cricket bats, no matter what I use, for some reason the grip moves up. I've put many rolls of electrical tape on the base of the handle which connects to the bat, but still somehow the grip moves up alot within maybe a day of nets practice and thus the bat has to be regripped frequently.

Any advice?

I have experienced this a lot as well in the past. I would advise putting too much tape, just put it at the base of the grip with some going outside it.
Also The electric tape might be poor quality. Try and buy actual bat grip tape - might make a difference.

I have the same problem. Have to keep on pushing it down but only in vain. The tape does work for a time but does not last long. :(

I have the same problem. Have to keep on pushing it down but only in vain. The tape does work for a time but does not last long. :(

It is usually sign that you need a new grip because the current one might have gotten dry, hence, it slips.

Or this is happening with new grip as well ?

Sometime try applying it upside-down.

Grip tapes work very well to be honest, better than regular electric tape.

It is usually sign that you need a new grip because the current one might have gotten dry, hence, it slips.

Or this is happening with new grip as well ?

Sometime try applying it upside-down.

Grip tapes work very well to be honest, better than regular electric tape.

Never tried this, sounds interesting. Does not happen with new grips instantly since the tape is firmly applied as well. Will try this upside down thing in the future. Thanks mate.

I think you maybe holding the bat too tightly with your bottom hand, although it happens to nearly everyone I know. You could use Superglue to hold it down if it bothers you.

or tape the top of the grip to the bat like you do with the bottom of the bat.

Never tried this, sounds interesting. Does not happen with new grips instantly since the tape is firmly applied as well. Will try this upside down thing in the future. Thanks mate.

The grips dries over the time of use and plus the conditions where you live are hot and dry as well.

Back